• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

I don't really like how scorpion plays its like a jarring MK9 port. The new skins are nice deathstrokes should have been a bane skin.

Nah, Deathstroke pulls that shit off way better then gross ass Bane could.

Also the announcement could be something completely different, like a new comic book starring Scorpion, or something strange and out of left field.

He's less of a port than I was expecting, actually. Scorpion feels a lot smoother here than in MK9. He also has a few new attacks and a lot of reanimated ones -- they're subtle improvements, but they're changes nonetheless.

Yeeah, these little changes determine if I use him or not. I already loved that he got Hellfire Kick back to a special move. So, I look forward to trying him out >.<

BadAss2961

So yeah, they really need to do a better job of mixing in these DLC characters. Batgirl and Scorpion are really gimmicky and clearly don't have the same level of testing put into them as the original roster.

They're not even difficult, just gimmicky with odd teleports that don't fit in with the vanilla roster's balancing.

TDLink

So yeah, they really need to do a better job of mixing in these DLC characters. Batgirl and Scorpion are really gimmicky and clearly don't have the same level of testing put into them as the original roster.

They're not even difficult, just gimmicky with odd teleports that don't fit in with the vanilla roster's balancing.

I think what you mean is the teleports that Batgirl and Scorpion have easily make them stronger and more mobile than the entire rest of the cast.

To be fair, there needed to be an answer to reign in zoners, but the teleports on these two characters really do need to be toned down a bit.

vg260

I think what you mean is the teleports that Batgirl and Scorpion have easily make them stronger and more mobile than the entire rest of the cast.

To be fair, there needed to be an answer to reign in zoners, but the teleports on these two characters really do need to be toned down a bit.

It kinda sucks if the most viable counter to zoning is playing as one of two characters.

TDLink

Both of those teleports are super easy to punish. Anyone spamming them is just going to get blown up by anyone decent.

Even if they are easy to punish it still gives those two particular characters an edge that no one else in the cast has. It makes them way more mobile and gives them a lot more combo potential. I'm not talking about spamming it from people online. I am talking about people who are good with the characters and correctly read when to use it. It just beats almost everything and in both cases can easily give a free combo with 1 meter burned.

It kinda sucks if the most viable counter to zoning is playing as one of two characters.

That's what I mean.

shaowebb

If anyone here would bother learning Bane you'd find another character capable of dealing with Zoning. dat lvl 3. You just can't play him wreckless is all. If you're a patient punish heavy style of player you'll do great though as thats where he shines.

Also why not just use Aquaman or Black Adam if you're worried about zoning? They outzone that stuff and can get respectable life leads off punishing folks wanting to cheese it.

That or ...you know...you could block and then dashup. Teleports like Batgirl and Scorpion's are easy answers, but they are not even close to being the only answers. Saying they are the only viable counters is generalizing the meta far too much.

Grimsen

I was comparing BG ans Scorp's teleports to Ares' against a full screen OA rocket, and if you wait for the OA rocket animation to start before teleporting, BG and Scorpion have a lot less startup frames, plus Ares has to actually do his standing 1 to hit.

Giving the DLC-porters more startup frames would actually require them to make a read instead of mindlessy reacting to anything.

Also, Scorpion should only be able to MB his teleport on hit.

BadAss2961

Batgirl and Scorpion teleports are super fast automatic moves that force you to respect them no matter who it is you're playing. Since there isn't much time at all to see and react, particularly online, you have to anticipate them. So even against lower level players who spam them, you'll have to slow down a bit and play the "counter-puncher" -- not because of who's playing, but because of the teleport itself.

Grimsen's example of Ares is a good one. His teleport is effective, but balanced in that he telegraphs it with more frames, and it doesn't start a combo.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Against 99% of random Batgirls my whole gameplan is to just zone them out and bait the teleport thing and punish. Probably won't work against good players though because they'll see that you're respecting that move a lot and use it against you.

Ryce

A random thought, but what if the reason the Ame-Comi pack hasn't been shown off or released yet is because it will come with the second Season Pass?

TDLink

A random thought, but what if the reason the Ame-Comi pack hasn't been shown off or released yet is because it will come with the second Season Pass?

That would be pretty lame in comparison to the Flashpoint ones, imo. You may be right though.

So they're showing off the last character tomorrow? Probably to get everything out there before announcing the second season pass

They're announcing something. They haven't said what specifically but it is likely one of the following things:
  • Trailer for Zod, the last first season character
  • The second season pass
  • Confirmation of Martian Manhunter (maybe just his model)
  • The second season pass + confirmation of Martian Manhunter
  • Winner of the Poll (Red Hood or Zatanna)

Ryce

The reason I think (and hope) the announcement isn't referring to Boon's poll is because his Tweet says "I'm guessing sometime tomorrow." It's his own poll, so he wouldn't have to be guessing when it goes up.

TDLink

The reason I think (and hope) the announcement isn't referring to Boon's poll is because his Tweet says "I'm guessing sometime tomorrow." It's his own poll, so he wouldn't have to be guessing when it goes up.

I would also think he controls the release of info like a second season pass/press release as that would come directly from NRS at a given time. This is why I think a trailer for Zod seems the most likely as that would have been given to websites in advance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda weird for another announcement so soon, but they are doing an amazing job at carrying momentum. I think it will be the next season pass announcement and then early next week they'll announce Zod. E3 we'll get Martian Manhunter.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Part of me thinks they saw so much backlash against the Scorpion leak that they're trying to make it as painless as possible, lol. The MMH tease in his own trailer already felt like that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kinda weird for another announcement so soon, but they are doing an amazing job at carrying momentum. I think it will be the next season pass announcement and then early next week they'll announce Zod. E3 we'll get Martian Manhunter.

I think it's the opposite. Dude first then season pass announcement. Otherwise they announce the second one without finishing the first one, which is dumb.

TDLink

Early next week is E3 though. I am not denying the possibility of multiple E3 announcements for this game but it seems like the better place to announce more DLC is coming. Guess we will find out in a few hours though.

vg260

I'm guessing "2nd season pass is coming" announcement only with more info to come at E3. Maybe the three skins in the pass as well.

Kizer

Well whatever. I already got the only costume I really ever need.

tumblr_mnxej7oWsY1qhh4wlo1_500.jpg

Ryce

Ed Boon: MK9 had 4 DLC characters, with the 4th one (Freddy K) being the best selling of the group! Obviously players wanted more DLC in MK9. We couldn't have predicted that but as we began work on INJUSTICE we didn't want to leave people "DLC hanging" like we did on MK9.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ed Boon: MK9 had 4 DLC characters, with the 4th one (Freddy K) being the best selling of the group! Obviously players wanted more DLC in MK9. We couldn't have predicted that but as we began work on INJUSTICE we didn't want to leave people "DLC hanging" like we did on MK9.

Really? That's shocking and disappointing.

Khezu

Either something is going to be posted on IGN/Gamespot/Hiphopgamer at 1:00ET, or Boon just really enjoys fucking with us.

Top Bottom