• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Village

That was cool, and they definitely do a lot of things with the training mode that can be helpful but I can't be down with any training mode that won't save my basic settings for the next time I come in, and that irks me like nothing else.

That is a good point.

Maybe WB can do the advertising for the game.

DRE Fei

Scorpion got mad resets. Teleport punch has ridiculous frame advantage on hit. It's enough to threaten with his slow ass b2 overhead.

Reset combos:

jump2, 2~trait, f22u3~teleport punch, f22u3~spear meter burn, neutral jump2, 112~teleport punch 41% (then b2 overhead/low mixup)

jump2, 2~trait, f22u3~teleport punch, f22u3~spear meter burn, b3, jump3~air throw 42% (then hellfire/spear/teleport mixup)

After any air throw, they have to jump to avoid the almost meaty hellfire on wakeup, so just do whatever you want.

onionfrog

That was cool, and they definitely do a lot of things with the training mode that can be helpful but I can't be down with any training mode that won't save my basic settings for the next time I come in, and that irks me like nothing else.
This! So much this!!!
Although I will say that they did great with things like the frame data in the moves list and moves list autocorrecting based on which side of the screen you are on.

Nori Chan

So Batgirl disappeared on my character select screen. So that put lobo on the hero side and socrpion on the villain side. I'm pretty sure once it's done they'll have it right.

Dude Abides

Banned
Well, Scorpions definitely popular. 75% of online opponents have been him.

Him jumping on a motorcycle at Wayne Manor is hilarious.

DRE Fei

So Flash has a new meterburn lightning charge. The new frame data that says it's +3 on block. At least he can get in easier now by spending a meter to keep the pressure going. The new wakeup system hurts his pressure though. You just have to wait for them more and try to bait and punish.

And wtf, Deathstroke sword flip is fully invincible on wakeup now? That shit was already too good.

Grimsen

Holy shit, there was an actual bug that prevented wakeups from coming out on the first frame?

Just tried in training, and yup, wakeups are 100% more reliable now.

I had GL trip me, then do a meaty b1. I was never able to wapeup with A lantern's might before, although the CPU could do it 100% of the time. Now it's easy as pie.

Total gamechanger for me.

Grimsen

People are finally gonna learn how to properly crouch block in this game now that Scorpion is out heh

Yup, I did. No choice.

I also had to find a combo that would be useful against his stupid airborne roll when you block the teleport punch. He has a few frames of recovery while standing, but online you never know.

BadAss2961

Whoah whoah, I like ed boon.

But if Marvel vs DC does happen.

That is a capcom job .

Ed boon and crew, can do story.
Capcom makes better fighters in general, but character designs aside, I think Injustice is the best depiction of a pure superhero fighter. The gameplay, the interactibles, the clash system, the multi-tiered stages... Everything clicks.

I don't even like MK all that much, but NetherRealm nailed it with Injustice. They'd have my vote for Marvel vs DC.

Ryce

I'm not sure if this is worth posting: https://twitter.com/jhaletweets/status/340507278300041217

"It's probably not what you think" might imply that it's not BioShock, since that's obviously the more popular game. Injustice is the only other recent game she worked on that would warrant DLC.

If she is talking about Injustice, then she's either voicing Zatanna or recording new Clash dialog for Hawkgirl or Killer Frost.

If she is talking about Injustice, then she's either voicing Zatanna or recording new Clash dialog for Hawkgirl or Killer Frost.

New clash dialog? Mmm. Against General Zod? Is there even some sort of connection with them?

Also Ryce, I just realized you changed your avatar. Counting down till the Nintendo Direct for SSB4? :p

Village

Capcom makes better fighters in general, but character designs aside, I think Injustice is the best depiction of a pure superhero fighter. The gameplay, the interactibles, the clash system, the multi-tiered stages... Everything clicks.

I don't even like MK all that much, but NetherRealm nailed it with Injustice. They'd have my vote for Marvel vs DC.

I dissagree.

I would actually give marvel credit it for not having multi teired stages, and interactiables, but still being a hype ass fighting game.

You just need a good game, that looks good. Capcom is just bad at context, and that is where netherealm comes in. Extra costumes story stuff like that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what's the deal with interactables that you can use multiple times stopping being usable?

Specifically, the fountain in the Arkham Asylum levels. I can usually farm it for free XP while I grind through Classic Battle, but sometimes (under some criteria I haven't exactly deduced yet) it stops being available to use.

Is this a bug or by design?

Sephzilla

Whoah whoah, I like ed boon.

But if Marvel vs DC does happen.

That is a capcom job .

Ed boon and crew, can do story.

Eh, I dunno, I think I'd rather have NeatherRealm handle it. The more I've thought about it, I honestly think Capcom's fighters have disappointed me more than any other fighter I've played this gen. I've in general had more fun with Soul Calibur, MK9/Injustice, and BlazBlue more so than SF4/MVC3/SFxT

(Opinions, that's all)

DR2K

Banned
I'm not sure if this is worth posting: https://twitter.com/jhaletweets/status/340507278300041217

"It's probably not what you think" might imply that it's not BioShock, since that's obviously the more popular game. Injustice is the only other recent game she worked on that would warrant DLC.

Zatanna would be most likely, did she win the character poll?

They probably have clash stuff in advance.

BadAss2961

I dissagree.

I would actually give marvel credit it for not having multi teired stages, and interactiables, but still being a hype ass fighting game.

You just need a good game, that looks good. Capcom is just bad at context, and that is where netherealm comes in. Extra costumes story stuff like that.
I think the interactibles and multi-tiered stages are necessary for this kind of game. These heroes and villains are too powerful to be confined to one space -- it's not how it looks whenever you see them fight in cartoons, movies, etc. They wreck shit wherever they go, so it makes sense that the stages be interactive and of bigger scale.

Injustice is a superhero fighting game, smashing through buildings and throwing cars and stuff.

MvC is a DBZ fighting game, constantly flying, teleporting, shooting beams.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Another random anecdote, shout outs to Injustice rechecking for DLC in the background when you go back to menu and not forcing you to back out to title. Scorpion compat pack loaded in when I jumped back to the menu and went back into the game. Smooth, I like.

Kizer

I refuse to give up my rage

tumblr_mnwiqhXJin1qhh4wlo1_250.jpg

I'm not too sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the reddit guy who leaked details about Scorpion and Zod said that he's seen a Robin skin for Nightwing.

Edit: link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Injusticega...f_you_like_but_ive_got_some_more_info/cacbcms

I'd be fine with a Supergirl character as long as she gets a Powergirl alt at some point. I would be fine with a second season pass of MMH, Supergirl, Zatanna, Red Hood. I would rather have Static than Red Hood, but I figure that they would want three heroes and a villain to go with the one hero and three villains we got in the first season pass. I know Scorpion is on the hero side right now, but I have a feeling he'll get moved over the villain like Lobo was.

Top Bottom