• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

TDLink

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. The only character I really want is Martian Manhunter, who wasn't on the poll at all and will probably be DLC. I'm not "salty." I don't care that the character I voted for lost. Anyone in addition to Martian Manhunter is a bonus to me, and that's including Red Hood. I can "deal with" him without having to like him.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel too. MMH is pretty much my favourite DC character.
"Pretty much" because Batman

Ryce

There are 3 villains in the first batch of DLC. It makes sense to balance it out with 3 heroes in the second batch.
NetherRealm might not consider Red Hood a villain, though. They probably already decided on the villain and created that poll to determine the last hero. Otherwise, shouldn't they have included more bad guys? I've seen far more requests for characters like Poison Ivy, Darkseid, Captain Cold, and Atrocitus than Doctor Fate and Blue Beetle. I don't know... it just seems strange to me that the poll would only include one villain (who isn't really a villain).

TDLink

NetherRealm might not consider Red Hood a villain, though. They probably already decided on the villain and created that poll to determine the last hero. Otherwise, shouldn't they have included more bad guys? I've seen far more requests for characters like Poison Ivy, Darkseid, Captain Cold, and Atrocitus than Doctor Fate and Blue Beetle. I don't know... it just seems strange to me that the poll would only include one villain (who isn't really a villain).

Suppose you are right. There is still hope for Black Manta! (And Zatanna really better have won the poll then)

J-Tier

I could give a jack shit if the guy was talking about booster gold

( I HATE BOOSTER GOLD)

His statement about the fans choice is what got me.

You know I voted for skull girls characters.

The ones I voted for lost, you know what I did. I dealt with.

Because taste were not relevant to the majorities interests.

Hehehe, I like Booster Gold just cuz he's somewhat unlikeable. He and Skeets would make an annoying pair, having banter mid-match (ideally).

I can already imagine his intros/clashes.

"Grundy no like future man!" - Grundy
"Whew! You could use a little Booster Gold brand deodorant."

"Time for you to worship a real hero, kid."
"So where's Batman?" - Shazam

"I'll destroy you!" - Villain
"Take that up with my agent..."

"I will destroy you...Green Lantern!" - Killer Frost/Other Villain
"It's Booster Gold..."

"We should make a movie together! Titled: Booster Gold kicks your ass!"
"You're going to have a very short career." - Deathstroke

Village

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. The only character I really want is Martian Manhunter, who wasn't on the poll at all and will probably be DLC. I'm not "salty." I don't care that the character I voted for lost. Anyone in addition to Martian Manhunter is a bonus to me, and that's including Red Hood. I can "deal with" him without having to like him.

I over reacted.

However , the statement about everyone voting for against and hot chicks is what I have the issue with. I do not agree with that statement to suggest that some how these people are wrong, in their voting or their character is some how objectively worse is pretentious to me. they are of a difference of opinion.

I overacted I apologize for that.

But that is how your statement came across.

However feel free to ostracize or demean those who vote for booster gold in anything.

that's cool

( I am joking)

Booster Gold is an awesome character. Anyone that doesn't like him is a heathen.

I usually like those kinds of characters, but for some reason I hate the entirety of his being.

dubq

For the sake of balance, I'd swap Zatanna out for a gadget villain: Poison Ivy, Captain Cold, or Professor Zoom.

I don't doubt that NetherRealm could make Red Hood fun, but god, what an awful pick. I'm so grateful the "fans" aren't responsible for making rosters. We'd have nothing but teenage angst antiheroes and sexually objectified women.

Is that you Anna?

vg260

Booster Gold is an awesome character. Anyone that doesn't like him is a heathen.

I don't know anything about him at all.

Similar with Static Shock, but I don't care for him at all from what I have seen. Looks straight out of the BK Kids Club.

TDLink

I also just want a pure magic character on the roster. That is why I want Zatanna in now. I voted for Fate because he is another one of my favourites but he did pretty terribly in the poll. Zatanna is a fine second choice for a magic user in my eyes. Has nothing to do with her being a girl or having boobs.

fallingdove

With the second round of DLC, I am really disappointed Zatanna is not in the Mix. There are too many Batman universe characters as it is, we don't need a Deathstroke part 2 in Red Hood, and we don't need another Superman type character in Power Girl or Super Girl, especially because Zod will likely have many similarities to Supes already.

Oh well. I guess I have enjoyed all of DLC characters already - that is more than I can say for many of the fighting games I have played this gen.

J-Tier

I don't know anything about him at all.

Similar with Static Shock, but I don't care for him at all from what I have seen. Looks straight out of the BK Kids Club.

Booster Gold is a dude from hundred of years in the future. In the future, he's an ordinary guy with a floating robot pal named Skeets, but he came to the past for fame and fortune as a "hero". Initially, his perception of being a hero is about being in the limelight and making a mark, so he pushes his image by advertising and merchandise, and trying to team up with known heroes and then advertising that in front of the media. His personality is kind of obnoxious and he's got a bit of an ego, and other heroes and villains don't really like him all that much either lol.

Eventually, he becomes a legit hero and is somewhat accepted, though his old ways still come through every now and then.

TDLink

With the second round of DLC, I am really disappointed Zatanna is not in the Mix. There are too many Batman universe characters as it is, we don't need a Deathstroke part 2 in Red Hood, and we don't need another Superman type character in Power Girl or Super Girl, especially because Zod will likely have many similarities to Supes already.

Oh well. I guess I have enjoyed all of DLC characters already - that is more than I can say for many of the fighting games I have played this gen.

Zatanna could still be in. We don't know who won the poll yet or if they are only taking the winner.

J-Tier

I also just want a pure magic character on the roster. That is why I want Zatanna in now. I voted for Fate because he is another one of my favourites but he did pretty terribly in the poll. Zatanna is a fine second choice for a magic user in my eyes. Has nothing to do with her being a girl or having boobs.

This is why I want Zatanna. I love the pure magic characters. That includes Dr. Fate, Felix Faust, John Constantine, Circe, and many others from the "dark side" of the DCU.

vg260

Zatanna could still be in. We don't know who won the poll yet or if they are only taking the winner.

I wouldn't expect them to take the winner, necessarily. It was unofficial, and not a winner gets in poll. I think people would be setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect the winner to get in.

Kizer

Booster Gold is a dude from hundred of years in the future. In the future, he's an ordinary guy with a floating robot pal named Skeets, but he came to the past for fame and fortune as a "hero". Initially, his perception of being a hero is about being in the limelight and making a mark, so he pushes his image by advertising and merchandise, and trying to team up with known heroes and then advertising that in front of the media. His personality is kind of obnoxious and he's got a bit of an ego, and other heroes and villains don't really like him all that much either lol.

Eventually, he becomes a legit hero and is somewhat accepted, though his old ways still come through every now and then.

You totally forgot to mention his friendship with Ted Kord. The events of that friendship is one of the reasons he is so great.

Georgious

Banned
Does anybody know when the Blackest Night skins and the new DLC is coming out? Frustrating that I saw the skins last week for a second, and then they were pulled.

J-Tier

It's funny how anti-climactic that "reveal/announcement" was. Hype hype hype...then "oh, cool, I guess."

Well, E3 is going to be hype anyways. Yeah, Injustice news will definitely get overshadowed though.

vg260

It's funny how anti-climactic that "reveal/announcement" was. Hype hype hype...then "oh, cool, I guess."

Well, E3 is going to be hype anyways. Yeah, Injustice news will definitely get overshadowed though.

Yeah, dunno why they'll be at E3 with Zod. It's destined to get overshadowed. Funny a season pass was not confirmed, just more character(s). Maybe they will just trickle them out instead and will play it by ear.

NEO0MJ

You're right how could I not include the Blue with the Gold. what a blunder.

And his amazing tag, "The greatest hero you've never heard of!"
I really that after he pretty much became one of history's greatest heroes he was forced to keep it a secret and had to keep up his image of a greedy opportunist who doesn't care about helping others.

Ryce

No Red Hood?!

Ketsueki_Wolf: How would not adding another batman character be a mistake? Leave some room for more unique characters!
Ed Boon: I can tell you its not another Batman (universe) character.

J-Tier

No Red Hood?!

Ketsueki_Wolf: How would not adding another batman character be a mistake? Leave some room for more unique characters!

Wut? Wow. Boon, how could you not want money? :trollface:

TDLink

No Red Hood?!

The best news. That he qualifies it with universe implies it is zatanna.

GamerSciz

I can officially say this game just came in recently from gamefly and I plan on playing it very soon. I am hoping as a single-player experience it is fun.

TDLink

This Tweet suddenly seems relevant again.

Annataz lliw eb deciov yb Refinnej Elah!

Probably right. That would be 3 characters voiced by her though. It wouldn't be so bad if she could actually do some different voices but she always sounds the same. I wish they would get some other VA (although I know she voiced the character in both Justice League and Brave and the Bold).

The biggest question is obviously going to be on a scale from boyish to chiseled how man-face will Zatanna look in-game?

vg260

No Red Hood?!

Wait, which DLC character is he referring to? The next one or the first new one? It doesn't seem clear.

Kizer

Watch it be booster gold , out of no where.

Just to spite me

Booster_Gold.png

Watch it be booster gold , out of no where.

Just to spite me

I'm pretty sure Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Power Girl were the winners of the GAF DLC poll... Power Girl with near 100 votes, Booster Gold something close to that. So Booster Gold as DLC wouldn't come from "nowhere".

Top Bottom