• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Village

I think the interactibles and multi-tiered stages are necessary for this kind of game. These heroes and villains are too powerful to be confined to one space -- it's not how it looks whenever you see them fight in cartoons, movies, etc. They wreck shit wherever they go, so it makes sense that the stages be interactive and of bigger scale.

It doesnt need to look like how exactly how they fight.

Its a fighting game.

A fighting game where a Viewtiful joe can stand up to the hulk.

Yeah, its also rumored from the same guy, that MMH will be revealed during SDCC. He also has seen Supergirl in development alongside MMH, but he has no idea who the other two are.

Ryce

Yeah, its also rumored from the same guy, that MMH will be revealed during SDCC. He also has seen Supergirl in development alongside MMH, but he has no idea who the other two are.
I don't think he said Martian Manhunter would be revealed during E3, but if they're announcing another Season Pass I guess it would make sense.

Khezu

I'm just going to wait and see what Zod is like before I believe him.

But, what he is saying does matchup with common sense.

BadAss2961

It doesnt need to look like how exactly how they fight.

Its a fighting game.

A fighting game where a Viewtiful joe can stand up to the hulk.
I didn't quite realize it until I played Injustice, but making it look more authentic is the whole point of a superhero game for me. When I completely body someone with Superman, I actually feel like Superman, and it looks like Superman kicking ass... That kind of thing.

They managed to pull that off on top of making an addictive and fairly balanced fighter.

Village

I didn't quite realize it until I played Injustice, but making it look more authentic is the whole point of a superhero game for me. When I completely body someone with Superman, I actually feel like Superman, and it looks like Superman kicking ass... That kind of thing.

They managed to pull that off on top of making an addictive and fairly balanced fighter.

No you dont , because if super man actually bodied someone they would be mush.

No fights at their full potential , and thats why fighting games function.

Aquaman could beat the shit out of everyone , and or drown them. But he doesn't, because it wouldn't be fair, because its a fighting game.

Jagxyz

No you dont , because if super man actually bodied someone they would be mush.

No fights at their full potential , and thats why fighting games function.

Aquaman could beat the shit out of everyone , and or drown them. But he doesn't, because it wouldn't be fair, because its a fighting game.

They kinda explain how someone like green arrow can take a punch from superman in the story though.

Also, superheroes very very very rarely fight at full potential. If they did, comics would be boring.

Village

They kinda explain how someone like green arrow can take a punch from superman in the story though.

Also, superheroes very very very rarely fight at full potential. If they did, comics would be boring.

They dont have to , that is the magic of not having them fight exactly like they do in the comics.

When they are fighting other heroes , or villains, heroes go as hard as they need to.

Village

wait gotta back track was the orginal argument that the heroes in mahvel do not fight like they do in the comics.

Yes they bloody well do, everyones move sets and everything made sure of that.

What exactly might you be describing?

J-Tier

wait gotta back track was the orginal argument that the heroes in mahvel do not fight like they do in the comics.

Yes they bloody well do, everyones move sets and everything made sure of that.

Yeah, it felt very Marvel. They took a lot of liberties, but it was a very faithful representation of comics.

Fighting games are all about suspension of disbelief so I don't get it when people try to apply too much logic to it. Technically, it's weird that people would only fight in a linear 2D plane, or someone would die to a low kick that hit their ankles.

BadAss2961

They dont have to , that is the magic of not having them fight exactly like they do in the comics.

When they are fighting other heroes , or villains, heroes go as hard as they need to.
What's wrong with having them fight like they do in the comics? In the comics they hold back, in Injustice they hold back. Giving context to it is just a plus. I like how in one of the Superman/Wonder Woman clashes, WW tells him not to hold back, and he responds by saying that she'd die if he didn't.

I don't see how the fights being more accurate could be seen as anything other than a huge positive.

Village

What's wrong with having them fight like they do in the comics? In the comics they hold back, in Injustice they hold back. Giving context to it is just a plus. I like how in one of the Superman/Wonder Woman clashes, WW tells him not to hold back, and he responds by saying that she'd die if he didn't.

I don't see how the fights being more accurate could be seen as anything other than a huge positive.

Marvel has conversational bits aswell, as far as clashes go , they do not need them.

Marvel has something that works, why throw that system out the window because you want it to play more like another game.

Yeah, it felt very Marvel. They took a lot of liberties, but it was a very faithful representation of comics.

Fighting games are all about suspension of disbelief so I don't get it when people try to apply too much logic to it. Technically, it's weird that people would only fight in a linear 2D plane, or someone would die to a low kick that hit their ankles.

This

Khezu

It's been over ten years, and I'm still upset Magneto shoots a kamehemahea.

Other then that though, I don't have many issues with Capcoms interpretations.

Well... actually, I'm not fond of the way they did Captain America, but it's not terrible, just not what I would have liked.

Also Injustice related, Hector said the reddit guy is full of shit on twitter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This is weird to me because I feel Superman is one of the most dissonant characters of all of Injustice. They did a good job with most though, just like Capcom did. Nightwing, Bane, etc. are great. Some of the heavies are a bit too similar and "slappy" IMO but overall both Injustice and MvC do a great job at being faithful, interesting and different.

I completely agree about dissonance being a big factor in how authentic a character feels, whether they're from an established IP like DC or not. I've made that criticism about juggles in Tekken and the juggles and jank in MK9 which make it the most dissonant fighter of all. I get that from Superman. The laser stuff is cool and so is his rush punch, but all of his normals look goofy as fuck and like he is overcompensating for his own force at times.

shaowebb

Messed around...the answer for a bunch of the cast if you scout Scorpion's super coming is a simple front dash. He ports in and the kick whifs behind your back leaving him open for a free combo punish.

Also here's a fun fact...Bane's Super auto corrects and Scorpion CANT teleport in on it to punish it. Happened by accident earlier in a match and dude got grabbed right out the port as Bane turned around. I'm betting mashing throw or command grab might do this for other moves too. Any ideas of good command grabs to test this on?

DR2K

Banned
Injustice is a superhero fighting game, smashing through buildings and throwing cars and stuff.

MvC is a DBZ fighting game, constantly flying, teleporting, shooting beams.

There's constant flying, teleporting, and beam shooting in Injustice. . . it's just more limitied because of engine restraints and (weird) design choices.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So far I can get 36% no meter/no trait with Scorpion. Doing jump in 2, f+2,2,u+3~d,b+3, b+3, u/f+3, u+3~d,b+3. Ways to expand?

Kizer

(__hector sanchez__) ‏@hecterrific 7h

just so everyone knows, the guy on the Injustice reddit claiming to have "insider" knowledge is a complete fake. don't get trolled.

Odinson

Got to try out scorpion this morning for a little while. I really like what they've done with him. He fit's in really nicely. Can't wait to get in some more time with him tonight. Haven't found a second character yet to main. Although playing through star labs I found Bane kind of fun.

Horseress

just so everyone knows, the guy on the Injustice reddit claiming to have "insider" knowledge is a complete fake. don't get trolled.

That reddit guy was right about Scorpion's trait wasn't he? So I'm still not sure if it is fake or not

TDLink

He was right about Scorpion's trait. Maybe it was a lucky guess, maybe. He went into quite a bit more detail about Zod so when we see how Zod plays that will be the real deciding factor.

vg260

He was right about Scorpion's trait. Maybe it was a lucky guess, maybe. He went into quite a bit more detail about Zod so when we see how Zod plays that will be the real deciding factor.

Hm, interesting. He seemed correct so far except for the trailer timing, which seems to have been delayed. Maybe he's only off on the newer stuff.

h0mebas3

I could really use a training partner to more or less constantly mix me up so I can improve my blocking skills.

I'm on PSN so if your interested I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Alright I have the season pass and extra DLC for the game, but the new charcters I bought (Batgirl, Lobo and Scorpion) are still faded out and cannot select them..what did I do wrong?

haha on xbox if that helps

onionfrog

Alright I have the season pass and extra DLC for the game, but the new charcters I bought (Batgirl, Lobo and Scorpion) are still faded out and cannot select them..what did I do wrong?

Are you trying to play online? If that's the case then the person you're trying to play against doesn't have the compatability packs for the DLC characters.

Khezu

Are you trying to play online? If that's the case then the person you're trying to play against doesn't have the compatability packs for the DLC characters.

No, if they didn't have the patch the characters wouldn't show up at all.
Anyway, if you want to play online the packs are mandatory now.

I really don't understand NS' take on the storage device implementation in Injustice. Unlike every other X360 game ever, I don't get to choose my save storage location before the game begins. So, having the save file anywhere other than the HDD results in a tedious process that involves going into the menu and selecting "Storage Device" and then selecting the cloud.

And now, to make matters worse, I had an issue last night where the game wasn't recognizing my downloaded characters when I brought it over to a friend's house. They showed up on the character select screen, but were greyed out. The only solution I could think of that caused this was my profile was on a USB stick. Either way, it has me shaking my head.

We wound up not even playing with the DLC characters, 'cause fighting with it caused too much of a headache.

Dude Abides

Banned

Try downloading them again. I constantly get this issue but it goes away if I redownload.

onionfrog

No, if they didn't have the patch the characters wouldn't show up at all.
Anyway, if you want to play online the packs are mandatory now.
Oh, my bad. I meant if their opponent didnt have the patch. I know at one point(probably right after the game released), the compatability packs weren't mandatory for online on the 360..

kyo27

This happened to me when the Batgirl patch came out. It pretty much happened every other time I booted the game up. Clearing the cache fixed it temporarily but the bug came back, so it was probably caused by something NetherRealms did. I usually just restart the game until the characters come back, although I didn't have the issue with Scorpion yesterday.

Ryce

Ha. I'm exaggerating, obviously -- on one hand, Scorpion's really fun to play, but on the other hand, I still think he's a waste of a "spot." I've come to accept that no matter which characters NetherRealm chooses they're going to be well-designed, so I should just bite my tongue and wait until I get my hands on them before making judgments. That goes for Red Hood and anyone else I might think are awful picks.

vg260

Ha. I'm exaggerating, obviously -- on one hand, Scorpion's really fun to play, but on the other hand, I still think he's a waste of a "spot." I've come to accept that no matter which characters NetherRealm chooses they're going to be well-designed, so I should just bite my tongue and wait until I get my hands on them before making judgments. That goes for Red Hood and anyone else I might think are awful picks.

Yeah. I'm sure they could make any character fun. Eventually I'll get used to it, and his design jives, but for now I have trouble getting past feeling like he's just in there for Boon's ego instead of pleasing the DC fans, essentially telling them to deal with it. I think he has the bigger motive to maneuver his IP more into the mainline DC universe, and doesn't care about the reception. Thinking about it some more, I guess I can't blame him. I'd probably want my characters incorporated into the same universe as Batman, Superman, etc. too.

Ryce

Hopefully it's another Season Pass. They announced the first one before revealing Lobo, so I suspect they'd do the same thing here.

TDLink

Hopefully it's another Season Pass. They announced the first one before revealing Lobo, so I suspect they'd do the same thing here.

It is either that or the Zod trailer (provided they intend to release him the week after Man of Steel).

It is either that or the Zod trailer (provided they intend to release him the week after Man of Steel).

Seems likely, interesting to show DLC #4 before the public can buy DCL #3. It was a smart move though to make Scorp an early release for season passers, I bet they boosted the sales with that move.

Personally I hope its season 2 announcement. I can't get enough of this game there are few characters I do not enjoy.

Ryce

He's less of a port than I was expecting, actually. Scorpion feels a lot smoother here than in MK9. He also has a few new attacks and a lot of reanimated ones -- they're subtle improvements, but they're changes nonetheless.

Top Bottom