• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Ed Boon: In addition to E3 we will be doing "more DLC characters". For those of you who like to dissect that sentence. All we're saying is that... I can safely say that the choice of the additional DLC character (or characters) came from player requests!

YES!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I can safely say that the choice of the additional DLC character (or characters) came from player requests!

You guys didn't vote for Martian Manhunter on the poll, too bad

Khezu

So Zatanna?

Lol no

25uDWrA.jpg

Ryce

INJUSTICE is going to be featured on "a TV show" next week where they will officially announce the 4th DLC character.

Dude Abides

Banned
You're so silly.

What kind of TV show could it be on? Only one that deals with video games would be on a thursday, and we would already know who the 4th is because he will be playable on the showfloor at E3 by then.

Maybe it'll be tacked on to a Man of Steel commercial.

TDLink

If it is only one from the poll it better be Zatanna. Red Hood would be so damn redundant with Deathstroke. Plus we already have millions of Batman characters.

Ryce

GTTV will be airing special live E3 episodes Monday on Spike TV at 2 and 5 ET with interviews and "exclusive reveals." That sounds like the most logical venue for the televised Zod reveal.

TDLink

So to sum it up the announcements today were:

• There will be more than four total DLC characters
  • Zod will be playable at E3 next week
  • Zod will be shown on a TV show next week
  • The next round of DLC characters will be from player requests

Based on the last one I would think the choices can really only be Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Power Girl, Zatanna, Red Hood, Static, Swamp Thing, Captain Cold, Atrocitus, and Jon Stewart.

My guess right now is it is going to be MMH, Supergirl, Zatanna, and Red Hood. Reddit guy continues to be right (he also said Zod would be playable at E3) and he said MMH and Supergirl are two of them. Would make sense for the top 2 in the poll to be the other two.

How?

I have never gotten this comparison,

How do you think the hood fights.

He primarily uses guns. I don't really see how you can differentiate his gunplay from what Deathstroke already does in this game. Deathstroke has a sword, and while Red Hood has been known to use that too, typically Jason uses a knife. Knife moves would be there instead of Sword moves. Sure, he would be a bit different. Them both primarily relying on guns though would make it very redundant.

GTTV will be airing special live E3 episodes Monday on Spike TV at 2 and 5 ET with interviews and "exclusive reveals." That sounds like the most logical venue for the televised Zod reveal.

That would make sense.

Ryce

My guess right now is it is going to be MMH, Supergirl, Zatanna, and Red Hood.
For the sake of balance, I'd swap Zatanna out for a gadget villain: Poison Ivy, Captain Cold, or Professor Zoom.

I don't doubt that NetherRealm could make Red Hood fun, but god, what an awful pick. I'm so grateful the "fans" aren't responsible for making rosters. We'd have nothing but teenage angst antiheroes and sexually objectified women.

Odinson

Good to see the conformation of more dlc characters. They've done a good job of making everybody feel so unique I have no worries of how Red Hood or PG/Super Girl would play if they are dlc.

J-Tier

Yeah, the general fans don't really know the DCU so the choices often end up being due to stuff like animated movies, tv shows and how they look.

So guys like Booster Gold or Larfleeze have almost no chance in appearing in anything besides "catch-all" animated series.

Village

For the sake of balance, I'd swap Zatanna out for a gadget villain: Poison Ivy, Captain Cold, or Professor Zoom.

I don't doubt that NetherRealm could make Red Hood fun, but god, what an awful pick. I'm so grateful the "fans" aren't responsible for making rosters. We'd have nothing but teenage angst antiheroes and sexually objectified women.

Or you just have bad taste.

Stay salty.

I like red hood because of what represents, not because he is just cool guy with guns, he could fight with peaches umbrella for all i god damned care.

You sound super pretentious , so could you please stop.

Grecco

What? Zatanna is amazing thank you very much. We aint getting Power girl who is objectivied sexually

Kizer

Or you just have bad taste.

Stay salty.

I like red hood because of what represents, not because he is just cool guy with guns, he could fight with peaches umbrella for all i god damned care.

You sound super pretentious , so could you please stop.

I don't care who you choose to like or not like, but what exactly is it that Red Hood represents to you?

vg260

Also, don't expect this to strictly follow the poll, as a lot of people probably will. "Came from player requests" is a pretty general statement. People requested a lot of stuff, so it could be anything.

Village

I could give a jack shit if the guy was talking about booster gold

( I HATE BOOSTER GOLD)

His statement about the fans choice is what got me.

You know I voted for skull girls characters.

The ones I voted for lost, you know what I did. I dealt with.

Because taste were not relevant to the majorities interests.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not really, the other 3 DLC were Rain, Skarlet, and Kenshi. Not exactly the most famous MK characters.

I guess I figured that anyone who would purchase DLC characters would actually be more interested in MK characters than a silly guest. I think Rain and Kenshi have a following.

I'm curious to see what the breakdown is of people who bought characters individually versus the season pass.

TDLink

There are 3 villains in the first batch of DLC. It makes sense to balance it out with 3 heroes in the second batch.

J-Tier

I have no doubt Red Hood will be cool. I have no doubt he will be different. But I do, however, think that he offers nothing new in terms of potential.

Guns? Check. Knives? Check. Gadgets? Check. Personality though...that's something new.

All those things will be used in different ways for sure, I just prefer someone with a wholly different moveset potential that stands out from the roster. I.e. Every possible thing that could be done with Swamp Thing, Larfleeze, Mera, Dr. Fate, Red Tornado ... etc, would beat out every possible thing that could be done with Red Hood in terms of being totally unique from the current cast.

Ryce

I could give a jack shit if the guy was talking about booster gold

( I HATE BOOSTER GOLD)

His statement about the fans choice is what got me.

You know I voted for skull girls characters.

The ones I voted for lost, you know what I did. I dealt with.

Because taste were not relevant to the majorities interests.
I'm still not sure what you're talking about. The only character I really want is Martian Manhunter, who wasn't on the poll at all and will probably be DLC. I'm not "salty." I don't care that the character I voted for lost. Anyone in addition to Martian Manhunter is a bonus to me, and that's including Red Hood. I can "deal with" him without having to like him.

I don't care who you choose to like or not like, but what exactly is it that Red Hood represents to you?

That's what I wanna know... He's not exactly a super deep character or anything.

Anyways, cool to see the big support from NRS. I didn't buy the first season pass since I'm not really interested in any of those characters, but I can see myself buying the second one.

Top Bottom