• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

I think the main problem with the teleport is that he can cancel it from a blocked attack.

For example: You block his jump attack, but because you're still holding back on the stick you can't react fast enough when he cancels into air teleport and it hits you. Even though it's a mid attack (which means you can just press down to block the crossup), it's hard to react to in that situation which is what makes it so strong. Then once you start blocking down in anticipation of it, he hits you with hellfire unblockable.

They should probably just change it from a mid attack to a high so that it whiffs when you're crouching. Either that, or make it so that he can't cancel into it from a blocked normal.

I...I really like this idea honestly. Making it high means it can't induce block stun and it becomes more punishable and getting rid of it as an option on block really DOES make him more honest with it. I can't tell you how often I just go in for a string and just cut it off into the teleport for the mixup (nearly every one thats blocked).

Tweet that no cancel into port on block thing to Hector in a few weeks if he proves legit unmanageable.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I feel like I'm in a constant mixup against Scorpion. I don't have much experience against him just yet so I don't know if he's broken or whatever, but I know that for now that mofo is really, really annoying.

Tsukumo

I'm calling it right now that Either Scorpion or Batgirl wins EVO. Teleports are good and all that, but honestly just look at their tool sets? Some of the most complete arsenals in the game reside on those two. Resets, 50/50, great punishes, amazing footsie options, force players to use their characters differently, destroy zoners...those two will interfere with every character in EVO's gameplan.

I wouldn't be surprised if their "superiority" turns out to be the usual DLC strategy of: release overpowered character, everyone buys it for free-wins, after a couple of weeks the character gets nerfed appropriately.
I've played Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for more than a year and that's a market strategy Bioware has profited upon with great success.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I only played against one good Scorpion. Against bad ones I just crouch until they teleport like a dumb ass. Against slightly smarter ones they'll mix in the Unblockable move. So basically do the Hell Fire thing when they're on the ground and if they jump teleport and knock their ass out of the air. The annoying part is when they actually know how to convert off the teleport. That shit's annoying because it leads into his stupid vortex. Other than it's like whatever.

Like if he's in your face just block everything low because his overheads are slow as shit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Here's REO playing the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EsA1nzntsww

Guy he's playing falls for the same shit I did. Get hit by raw teleport then they go for j3. It's really disorienting at first I and I don't think I blocked it once. Also you can cancel a blocked j3 into another teleport. Since I only played against one actual good one I won't cry that he's broken or anything, but as of right now all of his crap is definitely confusing. Hopefully that wears off.

Chindogg

Oh man bruh thanks for the protip. Scorpion is totally free now because of this shocking revelation.

The teleport punch hits mid. Instead of holding downback to block, you hold down. For some odd reason, NRS decided that holding down blocks low both ways. His teleport's absurdly negative on block. Just block it then punish into full combo.

Complaining about it being super broken is hilarious to me. It's on TYM levels of whining about Deathstroke. Yes you have to respect it, just like you have to respect Green Arrow's Ice Arrow. Just like you have to respect Sinestro's full trait. Just like you have to respect Superman's trait if you're an armored character. If you can't handle respecting an aspect of a character, then perhaps its not the character that's the problem. There's just too much bitching over things being overpowered and whatnot. Hell, the air version has many more active frames so you can punish with d2 or MB b3 easily. Just don't get caught sleeping and you're fine. And if you can't do that, well I'm afraid you're not going to do well against him.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been such a dick about my response, but come on. He's not that crazy strong. He isn't crap either, but he's not super OP.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The teleport punch hits mid. Instead of holding downback to block, you hold down. For some odd reason, NRS decided that holding down blocks low both ways. His teleport's absurdly negative on block. Just block it then punish into full combo.

Complaining about it being super broken is hilarious to me. It's on TYM levels of whining about Deathstroke. Perhaps I shouldn't have been such a dick about my response, but come on. He's not that crazy strong. He isn't crap either, but he's not super OP.

It's still able to be used for effective mindgames. Mainly doing it out of a jump in as a fake out requires a quick reaction, and he can meter burn it to avoid the super punishable spin in place. If down alone didn't block both ways it would be INSANELY good, as he can literally jump over your head and then do it, making you block the way he jumped from. So anyone not holding just down should atleast do that to help.

But it can be really damn scary if the scorpion player gets in your head. If he knows you're waiting for it, hellfire will make you feel really uneasy about trying to respect a teleport.

Chindogg

It's still able to be used for effective mindgames. Mainly doing it out of a jump in as a fake out requires a quick reaction, and he can meter burn it to avoid the super punishable spin in place. If down alone didn't block both ways it would be INSANELY good, as he can literally jump over your head and then do it, making you block the way he jumped from. So anyone not holding just down should atleast do that to help.

But it can be really damn scary if the scorpion player gets in your head. If he knows you're waiting for it, hellfire will make you feel really uneasy about trying to respect a teleport.

Then just block everything low because his overhead's slow as fuck and you'll see the air teleport coming from a mile away?

If you're really good at sensing when its coming. You can dash forward and punish it.

If not just block low and be patient, since its a bit before he falls to the ground anyways. Just in case you of getting hit by the MB version.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Complaining about it being super broken is hilarious to me. It's on TYM levels of whining about Deathstroke. Yes you have to respect it, just like you have to respect Green Arrow's Ice Arrow. Just like you have to respect Sinestro's full trait. Just like you have to respect Superman's trait if you're an armored character. If you can't handle respecting an aspect of a character, then perhaps its not the character that's the problem. There's just too much bitching over things being overpowered and whatnot. Hell, the air version has many more active frames so you can punish with d2 or MB b3 easily. Just don't get caught sleeping and you're fine. And if you can't do that, well I'm afraid you're not going to do well against him.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been such a dick about my response, but come on. He's not that crazy strong. He isn't crap either, but he's not super OP.

Yeah I don't disagree with what you're saying or anything. It's being stuck on your high horse that I don't agree with.

DRE Fei

Can't. When I try it says "problem with the xbox live service." I can get online just fine. Weird.

Edit: now it's back and I didn't do anything. How odd.

I had a similar problem with my flash costumes not showing up. I think it happened after I downloaded scorpion early when the in-game store only had "compatibility pack" listed instead of scorpion. I went to my hard drive and found an incomplete content file in there and deleted it, then cleared my cache. Afterwards I re-downloaded scorpion and everything worked. It may just be an issue of clearing out the files and starting over. I'm not exactly sure.

malfcn

Watching DSP play with Scorpion is hilarious. That guy is such ass. He has one combo that he misses most of the time. And everytime he does hit with a spear he ignore the combo opportunity and does a one-hit follow up.

Khezu

Can't wait to see Zod. I still kinda believe he will be a summon character, but I'm honestly more curious to see what he is going to look like, he doesn't have a true iconic look and is kinda all over the place.

Also some better looks at two costumes.
lzD5qIt.jpg

Ryce

DC's official site just put up a bio of Zod, and the last paragraph sounds shockingly similar to how the Reddit leaker describes his Injustice play style:
A leader by nature, Zod tends give orders on the battlefield rather than jumping directly into the midst of it, using his subordinates to take down his enemies.

I know it means nothing, but it's an odd coincidence.

BadAss2961

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hold down to block. Punish accordingly.

Jesus people don't know how to play.
My online ranked record is around 1200 wins with under 300 losses. I've faced about 25-30 Scorpions by now and have only lost to one. I'm pretty good at the game. Criticizing something that is overpowered doesn't mean we don't know how to punish it.

I just hate how sometimes players that are average can give me a good match just because they used Scorpion and know how to milk him a little.
Here's REO playing the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EsA1nzntsww

Guy he's playing falls for the same shit I did. Get hit by raw teleport then they go for j3. It's really disorienting at first I and I don't think I blocked it once. Also you can cancel a blocked j3 into another teleport. Since I only played against one actual good one I won't cry that he's broken or anything, but as of right now all of his crap is definitely confusing. Hopefully that wears off.
That shit is broken. lol

TDLink

I hope he actually IS a summoner. That would be a breath of fresh air for this roster.

I agree. I have no problem with them bringing new stuff to the roster via DLC, in fact it is preferable. Just make sure it is balanced and not instantly better than most everyone else in the game.

I am looking forward to Zod a lot due to the rumoured way he plays.

TDLink

I'd love to see just how the fuck Chris G's Green Arrow would handle a good Scorpion.

I'm having trouble seeing it.

I haven't tried playing around with him enough but GA seems like he has some specials that could in theory counter act it. Either the jump back arrow down or slide moves specifically. Maybe the shoot arrows straight up move while crouching also? Not sure.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Just lost to a Shazam player quite badly. I had a sliver of health left and I turned on my mic and said "Just beat me". I threw him around for a bit which was my bad, but after he beat me he started beatboxing. Good person.

Chindogg

My online ranked record is around 1200 wins with under 300 losses. I've faced about 25-30 Scorpions by now and have only lost to one. I'm pretty good at the game. Criticizing something that is overpowered doesn't mean we don't know how to punish it.

I'll try to be nice here because honestly I hate it when people cry about something being OP when its 4 days in.

I'll just tell you right now that 99% of online players are ass. Beyond ass. Super scrub status. I thought I was solid myself until I went to UFGT and got waxed. Online =! offline abilities.

You need to realize that a "good Scorpion" would face legitimately good players in a real tournament setting. You think it would give Chris G fits? You haven't played against Chris or anyone legitimately good in a tournament setting yet. It's a whole different game.

That said, maybe Scorpion is really good. We don't know yet fully because its been less than a week. At the same time he has terrible matchups and gets worked over really hard on his bad matchups. Just be aware and don't get got.

Slurmer

Banned
I'll just tell you right now that 99% of online players are ass. Beyond ass. Super scrub status. I thought I was solid myself until I went to UFGT and got waxed. Online =! offline abilities..

That's a little discouraging. I am pretty good online but there's nowhere to play offline where I live. I've thought about making the drive for casuals or a tourney but kind of figured I'd be out of my element skills wise.

BadAss2961

I'll try to be nice here because honestly I hate it when people cry about something being OP when its 4 days in.

I'll just tell you right now that 99% of online players are ass. Beyond ass. Super scrub status. I thought I was solid myself until I went to UFGT and got waxed. Online =! offline abilities.

You need to realize that a "good Scorpion" would face legitimately good players in a real tournament setting. You think it would give Chris G fits? You haven't played against Chris or anyone legitimately good in a tournament setting yet. It's a whole different game.

That said, maybe Scorpion is really good. We don't know yet fully because its been less than a week. At the same time he has terrible matchups and gets worked over really hard on his bad matchups. Just be aware and don't get got.
My point was that I know how to block Scorpion, after you assumed that I didn't. I'm not complaining about him because I can't beat him, i'm complaining because he's cheap.

He's cheap on the online level, and he'll be cheap on the tournament level as well. I think this is obvious, but we'll see.

I think Scorpion is probably top but not unbearable broken and ahead of the rest of the top. Just top with Superman, Killer Frost, Aquaman, Black Adam and the rest of that group. He probably goes even with most of the strong characters and has a few losing matchups. He has no footsies. It's just jump 3, teleport and dash. Characters like Aquaman can deal with that well and will give him trouble.

BadAss2961

I don't think XP boosts are worth the trouble, at least if you haven't already unlocked everything in the archives. They eat more access cards than they create.

Plus they disappear if you have to quit or restart the game for some reason.

This maybe too late, but no. They aren't stackable.

Yeah, I didn't bother to ask for it since I didn't care till now. :p

I don't think XP boosts are worth the trouble, at least if you haven't already unlocked everything in the archives. They eat more access cards than they create.

Plus they disappear if you have to quit or restart the game for some reason.

Oh, no i'm good. I have everything unlocked already. And i'm at level 82. But I usually have the time to do such things for awhile.

J-Tier

NRS: alternate colors are hard.

Yo, yo. Clearly, having different colors will break your immersion and your ability to suspend your disbelief. We don't wanna see no glacier blue on Scorpion. Orange YOLO lantern? Midnight blue Batman? Bubblegum pink Aquaman? Pffffbt.

I still dunno why they don't do alt. colors. It's easy enough. Mirror matches are straight up confusing and can wreck a match.

DR2K

Banned
Yo, yo. Clearly, having different colors will break your immersion and your ability to suspend your disbelief. We don't wanna see no glacier blue on Scorpion. Orange YOLO lantern? Midnight blue Batman? Bubblegum pink Aquaman? Pffffbt.

I still dunno why they don't do alt. colors. It's easy enough. Mirror matches are straight up confusing and can wreck a match.

I mean I understand why they aren't as obvious in MK games since they palatte swap character models, but even then this is just new levels of stupid.

WatTsu

Played through Classic Battle with Scorpion and yeah, he's pretty fun. Still arguably a waste of a slot but at least he is represented well and is fun to play. Can't argue with that, really.

Top Bottom