• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

DRE Fei

I'm still having trouble properly timing the jump punish for the teleport. Online messes me up sometimes. I think you have to wait until he's about to get up and then neutral jump and come down with 2 for a full combo.

Stronty

Jumping with Luthor and swinging down his staff/axe takes care of Scorps teleport rather well since the axe swings a bit back at the end of the.stroke to catch a teleporter, you have to anticipate it though. Got a corded Fus1on controller, much better than the DS3 that gave my thumb a blister, hope PS4 dpad is improved.

Yo, yo. Clearly, having different colors will break your immersion and your ability to suspend your disbelief. We don't wanna see no glacier blue on Scorpion. Orange YOLO lantern? Midnight blue Batman? Bubblegum pink Aquaman? Pffffbt.

I still dunno why they don't do alt. colors. It's easy enough. Mirror matches are straight up confusing and can wreck a match.

Which costumes actually have clearly different alternate colours?

All I can think of at the moment/have seen are Insurgency Harley Quinn, Knightfall Bane, Green Arrow's Insurgency (I think), original and Regime Catwoman, and one of Joker's costumes.

J-Tier

As expected, E3 completely overshadowed tomorrow's DLC announcement. I'm almost not hyped for it at all, since I'm looking forward to bigger things.

Horseress

So it sounds like they nerfed Scorpions teleport punch. Haven't had a chance to play yet to confirm though.

Scorpion's teleport punch, without burning meter, hits high now, but it's VERY punishable, you can b+3 it and punish with a full combo. MB version still hits mid

Ryce

According to someone at TYM who visited the Injustice booth at E3...
  • Zod is bald and has a goatee
  • His dash is similar to Black Adam's
  • He punches the opponent to/through the moon in his super
  • He summons the Phantom Zone demon for his character power
  • Zod and a Kryptonian army stand over the opponent for his celebration

J-Tier

Eh. Kinda uderwhelming.

Khezu

If that character power pans out, the Reddit leaker has yet to be wrong.

Well not really, the reddit leak said zod could summon two other kryptonians that he could use for setups. The way this is, he summons a phantom zone monster, and only one, and its more of a capture state move then a zoning tool.

Dude Abides

Banned
Uh, so now when I go into training mode or single fight my fight stick stops working. It works fine in the menus. I tried clearing my chache and all that. This is on Xbox. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: same issue with regular Xbox controller.

Nori Chan

If anyone bought Blackest Night costume pack, you get the zombie mode for free. Just go to settings> gameplay and you'll see zombie mode.

If anyone bought Blackest Night costume pack, you get the zombie mode for free. Just go to settings> gameplay and you'll see zombie mode.

I really wish I hadn't bought zombie mode for $.99 last week when it went up for a short time now. Would have enough in the PSN wallet to get two skin packs.

TDLink

Sounds like the Reddit dude was wrong then and just got lucky with Scorpion's...unless there is something that guy missed.

I kind of hope he is wrong because while Zod as a summon character sounded cool it would free up a spot in the next batch of characters since it would mean Supergirl isn't guaranteed.

Ryce

More impressions:

While Zod has yet to be officially revealed, he is playable at e3. I am at e3 today, so I wanted to share

His look: bald, goatee, has goggles on his forehead. Sort of wearing an almost scientist style coat with metal gauntlets

Special moves:
Cannon: can be done in the air, meter burn fires two additional shots diagonally, fanning out
Pistol: pretty fast, meter burn fires more shots
Ground zap: fixed range attack, can hold or dash cancel. Sucks. Meter burn is ok, dunno if it otgs
Superman punch: works like supermans, but ends in a throw
Parry: it... Parries. Doesn't stay out as long as batmans, but better than jokers
Force palm: king of like cyborgs air concussor. Mb pulls you into the phantom zone, sets up a combo.

Trait: pulls out the phantom zone monster. Hitting the button again makes it punch, but doesn't make the monster go away. It has other moves it can do but the only one I used was a grab that holds you down like swamp hands

Super: knocks you into space and onto the moon then punches you through the moon, then a third hit back to earth. Like superman but brutal

The verdict: he is so fun! I beat one of the devs with him really hard (he was batman). Ed and hector watched, they staye and watched me win a few more rounds

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So does anyone else's game freeze now? I can't even get past menus or to a character select. The entire console just locks up for me. Only happens when I get into an actual game.

I don't know if my 360 is dying or a recent patch fucked things up.

DRE Fei

So does anyone else's game freeze now? I can't even get past menus or to a character select. The entire console just locks up for me. Only happens when I get into an actual game.

Try clearing the hard drive cache to see if that fixes it.

clockpunk

It is rather nice having Scorpion in the game, and hearing that old favourite 'get over here' line. ^_^ Just seems very strange to play as him, and not have the capacity to pull off a fatality. I think Batgirl is going to remain my standby character, but Killer Frost now has some serious competition for second in my roster...

Just need more MK to hit soon - still feel a little underwhelmed by Injustice in comparison; it is a very good game in itself but it just lacks the spark that MK9 had (for me).

Khezu

Just tried that and stuff seems okay this far. Really weird though.

It seems to happen every single hotfix, along with them breaking Wonder Woman, they usually fix her with in the hour, but it's still pretty funny. Seems like a weird quirk with their hotfix system.

Zod sounds neat, a keep a way character with a weird summon. Hopefully the monster is interesting, the other 3 DLC characters trait were kinda bland.

Dude Abides

Banned
My controller not working issue was fixed by deleting every trace of the game, reinstalling, and redownloading the compatibility patches.

Of course this means I lost all my unlockables, including the iOS skins, and all my experience.

Khezu

Someone who played him posted on twitter and described him as a mix of Superman, Cyborg, and Carl Clover, so ya.

He also said he is by far the coolest of the DLC characters.

dubq

This is Zod in DCUO. Description sounds pretty similar aside from his hair.

LegendsPvPGeneralZod.png

Is Zod being revealed tonight on Spike's Guy's Choice Awards? I'm not too sure though because didn't he say that it's going to be revealed on a TV show? Just my guess.

Khezu

Is Zod being revealed tonight on Spike's Guy's Choice Awards? I'm not too sure though because didn't he say that it's going to be revealed on a TV show? Just my guess.

It sounds like from Hec's twitter, their original plans fell through, so we will probably have to wait for either Thursday or Friday for a proper reveal trailer, unless someone snaps some pics at E3.

Ryce

It sounds like from Hec's twitter, their original plans fell through, so we will probably have to wait for either Thursday or Friday for a proper reveal trailer, unless someone snaps some pics at E3.
It was probably bumped off of yesterday's GTTV or something. Dammit.

Khezu

On the twitch livestream, in like 25-30 minutes, there is a generic WB slow.

I doubt its Injustice, but hey, who knows.

that's kind of egotistical for Hector to put himself in the game as a playable character

isn't being in the background of Arkham Asylum enough?

kyo27

It's the game. It seems like every time there is a patch or compatibilty pack, it messes up the game. The freezing can be fixed by clearing the cache. But every time I boot the game up I never know whether the DLC characters will be missing or not. Honestly it's frustrating as hell, this is the buggiest game I've ever played when it comes to DLC.

Xevren

It's the game. It seems like every time there is a patch or compatibilty pack, it messes up the game. The freezing can be fixed by clearing the cache. But every time I boot the game up I never know whether the DLC characters will be missing or not. Honestly it's frustrating as hell, this is the buggiest game I've ever played when it comes to DLC.

I've been having a lot of issues like you're describing as well. So weird how random dlc will just not show up at times.

Top Bottom