• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Village

I'm pretty sure Atrocitus, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Power Girl were the winners of the GAF DLC poll... Power Girl with near 100 votes, Booster Gold something close to that. So Booster Gold as DLC wouldn't come from "nowhere".

I will deal with booster If i get a red lantern.

Or a blue one.

Or a star shapphire.

Or any laturn.

Give me another

D: <

ReiGun

Booster_Gold.png

Green Lantern is already in the game.

dubq

She is heavily engrained in his world. Batman character or not she is a bit of a wasted spot when so many other potentially great characters are missing.

#BoosterGold4SeasonPass2

It doesn't matter. Superman is also heavily INgrained in Batman's world, but that doesn't make him a Batman character. Also, Zatanna isn't just potentially great.. she's just plain old GREAT. #hatersgonnahate

I also love Booster, but Zatanna is the shit. Sorry man.

Ryce

Further evidence of no Red Hood:

DanAvalon64: Thanks for great game EB! I'm reading the next DLC isn't Bat related but what about the following DLC?
Ed Boon: No bats.

Khezu

I don't want Zatanna, I don't think NRS's engine could really do her justice, plus everyone is just going to complain like mad when she turns up ugly.

People are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Id rather have Mary Marvel or Star Sapphire, they would be much easier to do.

fallingdove

It doesn't matter. Superman is also heavily INgrained in Batman's world, but that doesn't make him a Batman character. Also, Zatanna isn't just potentially great.. she's just plain old GREAT. #hatersgonnahate

I also love Booster, but Zatanna is the shit. Sorry man.

Agreed.

J-Tier

I don't want Zatanna, I don't think NRS's engine could really do her justice, plus everyone is just going to complain like mad when she turns up ugly.

I don't think that's a good reason to not push them to try something. We don't know the limits and potential, so I think it's kinda lame to discount their ability to pull a character off before they've even tried.

#toobadZatannaisnotaBatmancharacter

I think he was saying it's a good thing we're getting Zatanna instead of Red Hood.

And yeah, Zatanna isn't a part of the Batman (Universe), she's part of the Dark (Universe). By universe, he's referring to the way DC categorizes their series.

Batman (universe) comics & tie-ins:

Batman
Batgirl
Batman & Robin
Batman: The Dark Knight
Batwing
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
Catwoman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Red Hood & the Outlaws
Batman Incorporated
Talon

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok I see a lot of GLs do Close Rocket power to end blocked stuff. I see it's +20 on block but it also takes 44 frames for the damn thing to come out. Can't I just get jabbed out of it? Trying to test this in training mode but I can only set reversals to special moves. Also Killer Frost's slide goes right through :(

I usually end stuff with minigun because it pushes the opponent away and is only -5 on block.

Also the changed the training mode menus so I can hit O to exit and it'll still keep the changes. Thank god.

Khezu

Ok I see a lot of GLs do Close Rocket power to end blocked stuff. I see it's +20 on block but it also takes 44 frames for the damn thing to come out. Can't I just get jabbed out of it? Trying to test this in training mode but I can only set reversals to special moves. Also Killer Frost's slide goes right through :(

Why not set the dummy to do it, and you try and jab out of it?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Didn't think of that, thanks.

I got jabbed out of it why do people use it?

'cause a lot of people aren't going to do the counter to it at the drop of a hat like that.

If you're playing someone and they're not punishing certain unsafe strategies you're using, then there's no reason not to do those things until they show you that they can punish them. Otherwise you're just limiting your own options for no good reason.

But on the other hand, you also have to be quick to realize when it's a good time to stop doing those things or you're gonna get blown up by people who know what's up. Playing online, it's easy to get so used to doing things that aren't going to work offline that you go to a tournament and get bodied because you weren't able to get your brain out of online mode quickly enough.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Man I went from Harley to trying out Nightwing and Green Arrow today on my stick and they both seem like pad characters. Guess I'll have to try Green Lantern and go easy mode.

BadAss2961

Well Evo's already announced that he'll be allowed, so not really.
lol, that should be fun.

I've only lost to one Scorpion. Some noob that spammed teleport and caught me sleeping through my first bar of health.. Total fluke. I raged like I never have with this game.

The worst losses are the ones you know you had no business taking.

shaowebb

Well Evo's already announced that he'll be allowed, so not really.

I'm calling it right now that Either Scorpion or Batgirl wins EVO. Teleports are good and all that, but honestly just look at their tool sets? Some of the most complete arsenals in the game reside on those two. Resets, 50/50, great punishes, amazing footsie options, force players to use their characters differently, destroy zoners...those two will interfere with every character in EVO's gameplan.

DRE Fei

I think the main problem with the teleport is that he can cancel it from a blocked attack.

For example: You block his jump attack, but because you're still holding back on the stick you can't react fast enough when he cancels into air teleport and it hits you. Even though it's a mid attack (which means you can just press down to block the crossup), it's hard to react to in that situation which is what makes it so strong. Then once you start blocking down in anticipation of it, he hits you with hellfire unblockable.

They should probably just change it from a mid attack to a high so that it whiffs when you're crouching. Either that, or make it so that he can't cancel into it from a blocked normal.

Xevren

His teleport is crazy, I'm more scared of his ex version. It's just a free get in, plus on block as well as launches. Character is very good.

BadAss2961

I think the main problem with the teleport is that he can cancel it from a blocked attack.

For example: You block his jump attack, but because you're still holding back on the stick you can't react fast enough when he cancels into air teleport and it hits you. Even though it's a mid attack (which means you can just press down to block the crossup), it's hard to react to in that situation which is what makes it so strong. Then once you start blocking down in anticipation of it, he hits you with hellfire unblockable.

They should probably just change it from a mid attack to a high so that it whiffs when you're crouching. Either that, or make it so that he can't cancel into it from a blocked normal.
The biggest problem is that they made the teleport about twice as fast as it should be. It's a gamechanger that has to be anticipated most of the time because it's too fast to see and react to in a lot of situations.

DR2K

Banned
Scorpion is broken, still nothing as broken as Superman's super. I have no idea why he has a full screen 0-1 frame super.

BadAss2961

Scorpion is broken, still nothing as broken as Superman's super. I have no idea why he has a full screen 0-1 frame super.
Most of Superman's good stuff involves him using meter. So at least with him, you're probably doing well if you see his super.

The biggest problem is that they made the teleport about twice as fast as it should be. It's a gamechanger that has to be anticipated most of the time because it's too fast to see and react to in a lot of situations.

AFAAIK, all you have to do to block it is crouch.

I don't know really, because I haven't paid for the pass yet.

BadAss2961

AFAAIK, all you have to do to block it is crouch.

I don't know really, because I haven't paid for the pass yet.
Well we know that. The problem is having to respect it throughout a whole match. Scorpion can do it at any time, and you only have a split second to be in position to punish it.

Better players are becoming even more of a problem with the teleport because they know it's hard to punish when they meter burn it.

Top Bottom