• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

10,000 hours in mspaint

WON9vOZ.png

IISANDERII

DLC characters being revealed on Conan? CONAN GETTING HIS OWN CHARACTER?? Mother of gods
I find this to be as awesome as any E3 software reveals

Ryce

Zod was bald in his early comic appearances, and he wore goggles during the Last Son storyline, but I wish they went with something that looked more familiar. He should have hair, at least.

kF563Hp.png
57oEVKS.png

eggwolio

They should put that Flaming C skin with an Andy Richter skin for Grundy. People would prolly drop ten bucks for the pair. Then once it succeeds, maybe we can get Bluntman and Chronic. #wishfulthinking

vg260

I don't understand why they would go to all that effort just for a one off joke. That was considerable time/effort put in for that skin.

Very weird, and disappointing.

Eh. Maybe it was a consideration in getting them to feature it.

Not any more out of place than Scorpion.

Not feeling Zod's design. Would be cooler if he looked like the Zod everyone knows; the one from the movie. It would be even cooler if we got an actual worthwhile character like Brainiac though.

vg260

Not feeling Zod's design. Would be cooler if he looked like the Zod everyone knows; the one from the movie. It would be even cooler if we got an actual worthwhile character like Brainiac though.

Yeah, I don't think his design is getting very good reception.

They need to state what's up with alts for DLC characters. If we get MMH, I'd want the classic look in addition to the model already in-game.

I do not want a new costume alt for Scorpion though. Their whole excuse for putting him in is getting Jim Lee to redesign him. Putting classic Scorpion in there would be totally shameless. I'd only be ok with the Injustice model with the skeleton head like in his win pose.

Based on no model viewer, etc for DLC characters, I don't expect anything. They seem to be getting slighted.

dubq

I think Netherrealm is trolling about Flaming C. My bet is on them trying to rouse fans into "going viral" about it so they look will like a company who really listens to their fanbase when they decide that they'll release the skin due to "overwhelming fan support."

Khezu

I think Netherrealm is trolling about Flaming C. My bet is on them trying to rouse fans into "going viral" about it so they look will like a company who really listens to their fanbase when they decide that they'll release the skin due to "overwhelming fan support."

I don't think anyone cares enough lol.

So about the whole reddit leaker dude and Zod.

This is what he originally said.
zod calls kryptonian soldiers to battle for his character power. i don't know if they're supposed to be specific characters, but they look a lot like zod himself. i believe there can be 2 on the screen at a time. they can be used in a couple of different ways

He was wrong, but it's a huge coincidence that Zod actually turned out to be a summoner.
I thought maybe he was right, but he saw an earlier version of Zod, one where the monster wasn't ready, and they just used a place holder model, which was just another Zod. But that's kinda reaching.

IDK, the whole thing is kinda weird.

it's fucking bullshit

we need to flood twitter and get a petition thread going

we need to show them gamestop receipts and broken discs

this sets a dangerous precedent that they sat down and spent time and resources making something that could have been something that players could actually use, instead of something that would be in a video for 10 seconds

fuck nrs, double helix is the new best fighting game developer in town

tumblr_inline_mk6ll24CO91qz4rgp.gif

Kappa

BadAss2961

Ugh, this netcode is so bad. Half the time now it takes long for the game to bring me back to the menu after finishing a match. Sometimes it times out and says i'm disconnected from PSN, when i'm not. And sometimes when that happens, the game freezes and fails to bring me back to the main menu.

Fix this shit.

Ryce

In retrospect, I'm surprised by how many of Zod's special moves I was able to "predict." I had previously mentioned a laser pistol, a command grab, a parry, and a close/normal/far ground heat zap. The more I watch his move set walkthrough video, the more I like him.

kyo27

Ugh, this netcode is so bad. Half the time now it takes long for the game to bring me back to the menu after finishing a match. Sometimes it times out and says i'm disconnected from PSN, when i'm not. And sometimes when that happens, the game freezes and fails to bring me back to the main menu.

Fix this shit.

I jumped on today, the game auto downloads the Bane compatibilty pack which happens every other time I go online. I try 3 matches and all 3 disconnect, and not the other player quitting either. Two were in the player select screen. I just turned the game off. So sick of this garbage online. Worst online experience I've had this gen.

Moaradin

I don't know how you guys are getting such bad connections. I've played 700 ranked matches and the majority of them are decent-good. Probably 2/10 are bad connections. I just wish I could filter out players that aren't in my region.

Jonogunn

Any dedicated channels to high level ranked matches?

Can't belie they didn't include a replay feature. They took steps back with the basic features in this game.

BadAss2961

I jumped on today, the game auto downloads the Bane compatibilty pack which happens every other time I go online. I try 3 matches and all 3 disconnect, and not the other player quitting either. Two were in the player select screen. I just turned the game off. So sick of this garbage online. Worst online experience I've had this gen.
I'm also getting the dropped connection at player select every now and then.

The online is just weird. Sometimes it works like it should, sometimes it doesn't.
I don't know how you guys are getting such bad connections. I've played 700 ranked matches and the majority of them are decent-good. Probably 2/10 are bad connections. I just wish I could filter out players that aren't in my region.
Things weren't so bad before. But over the past couple weeks, online has been very inconsistent for me. They definitely screwed up something.

Not to mention the game freezing the hell out of consoles when they're making store updates and whatnot. Seriously, I thought my PS3 was dying.

kyo27

I don't think so. It's around SF4 level imo. Not great like some of the 3D fighters, but not bad like Marvel or KOF.
I agree the netcode is fine. I hardly ever get any lag unless I get matched up with players in a different country. It's just the game is buggy as hell online.
Any dedicated channels to high level ranked matches?

Can't belie they didn't include a replay feature. They took steps back with the basic features in this game.

I usually watch it on Twitch on Wednesday Night Fights Level Up channel. It's on kinda late though, I think 11 pm est. I can't believe you can't save online match replays either. CvS2 on the OG Xbox had this feature over ten years ago. It should be standard for fighting games now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is anyone on Xbox freezing as soon as you go online with this game at the moment? As soon as I hit Multiplayer and Live the thing freezes and I have to reboot. It's a cluster at the moment.

Top Bottom