• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

SUPARSTARX

Alright, Superman has enough skins now. I just wanted MoS and New 52. Perfecto!

Now ... those Nolanverse Batman/Bane/Catwoman skins..... Boonie pls

Khezu

All I want are some Hawkgirl skins. If they need to fit it in a pack, make a Justice Lords pack. It'd fit in pretty well with the story too.

Hawkgirl costumes I would like

iuF5ege.jpg

shaowebb

Hawkgirl costumes I would like

zqkLzyM.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand tweeted to Boon. Please let this happen. Maybe then some people would finally play her more.

Also on a side note I'm trying to get more Bane time in lately. I'm diggin his B23 and f2d stuff and he destroys wakeups with that pressure. He's just so high reward and the more I play him the lower his risk seems to be. The trick is only venom 3 if it'll kill to avoid long debuff periods. Just 1 mainly and venom 2. If they got 60% health and you knock them down off ANYTHING he just supers and wins. That means a heavy with that much damage only really needs to kill off 130-ish% and have meter to GG. Glad folks have finally come to realize he's not bottom tier and is at least a mid tier.

shaowebb

Figured I'd bring this up since its a poll happening on TYM, and Eventhubs at the moment.

CDjr (very well known MK player who plays Injustice) is pushing for Scorpion to be banned at tournament.

CDjr went on to list his complaints on the character... He's not alone, Pig of the Hut and a whole list of folks (including testers) are complaining about the things that made CDjr push for a ban of this character. Currently the poll at TYM is leaning towards the Ban while Eventhubs is not. Scorpion recently won the South East Asia Majors too so he has shown he can be used effectively at a tournament level and its not just a vocal minority.

The main reason is essentially his teleport shuts down the meta of the game and makes it reactionary to one tool.
  • Footsie interactibles can be ignored meaning interactibles against Scorpion are useful only in combos as he can teleport punish all others.
  • block strings from Scorpion demand pushblocking as he can mix in the teleport easily to open you up
  • it punishes any and all jumps and there is no jump blocking to counter the air version
  • it demands constant crouchblocking and reactionary play
  • it shuts down a good percentage of the entire cast's space control tools
  • it makes many of the zoning tools in the game irrelevant.

Are you for the ban or not folks? I can deal with the move, I play Bane and he pretty much always plays turtle and punish but I'm leaning toward the ban because Scorpion shuts down the meta of the game so much in every matchup that he completely controls the pace of the entire game with how many things the tool eliminates from your repetoire. Smart players with Scorpion are looking to be Kabal level in my eyes and NRS even joked that to balance a game they simply didn't put Kabal in this one...now we have someone who causes as many problems as Kabal in it as DLC.

Discuss. I didn't come by my opinion on this lightly.

J-Tier

Why was was Scorpion put in this game again?

Salty jokes aside, I don't think the general public can speak for the pros and tourney attendees. If THEY want the character to be banned, and there is a noticeable majority, then I'm cool with it.

But right now it's just CDjr and Pig of the Hut right? Anyone else (other pro) have anything to say in regards to this?

shaowebb

Why was was Scorpion put in this game again?

Salty jokes aside, I don't think the general public can speak for the pros and tourney attendees. If THEY want the character to be banned, and there is a noticeable majority, then I'm cool with it.

But right now it's just CDjr and Pig of the Hut right? Anyone else (other pro) have anything to say in regards to this?

According to Pig (who we all know talks a lot) the following players have complaints on the character...not sure if they want a ban, but he says they complained on the character.

Anti scorp (ill name 5% of them)
reo
tom brady
cd jr
pig of the hut
sao
morty
General m2dave
cd
detroit
foxy
usedforglue
dab
rico suave
smarrgasm
Tyrant
Cat

We could tweet a few and ask for their take on this. I honestly didn't come by my opinion easily because I pretty much say deal with it and evolve. I wasn't even for the Deathstroke nerf as I was telling folks to deal with it because if I could handle it they should be able to. After the nerf, he was still great just not able to full screen mixup so at least he was still good so I didn't care too much.

The deal with Scorpion though is that its not a case of learn your characters tools better its simply a case of you have to constantly scout that move. In the air, on the ground, before you do anything and even during blockstrings...its different than folks whining about guns IMO. It just shuts down so much of the meta in my eyes that I lean toward the Ban.

Personally, I'm saddened by the fact that after weighing it I feel like agreeing with a ban. If they nerf that move you know they'd have to nerf it straight to dogshit to contain it so I'm not even happy with how much the character would have to change in order to deal with the problem his tool creates. After all it was never initially designed for a game with directional blocking anyhow and even though you can tap down to block it omnidirectionally it is still true that the move puts complete control of your options permanently on lockdown as you have to remain constantly vigilant against it.

They joked to make a good meta they didn't put Kabal in the game. Now we have a character they added via dlc who shuts down the meta so much that its a pretty ironic punchline to that joke since hes a problem who folks feel is aspersistent to the meta as Kabal was to MK9.

DRE Fei

I thought they already nerfed it. I don't remember what they did to it though.

They changed teleport punch from mid to high and added more recovery to it. It doesn't change the fact that the move doesn't conform to the rules everyone else has to follow. Good luck trying to use anyone but the 3 or so characters that can deal with him.

This character shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Khezu

I'm against banning characters in fighting games, unless they are really fucking broken and glitchy.

That said, Scorpion, Batgirl, and Lobo should have been banned for EVO, similar to how they did it for MK9.

BadAss2961

Said from day 1 that Scorpion was obviously a bullshit character for the exact reasons mentioned by CDjr. His teleport bends the fundamentals of the game in his favor.

Everyone else I can live with, but Scorpion takes it too far. He's always been my favorite MK character, but he never should've been in this game in the first place.

Khezu

Scorpion would be fine if he didnt have his air teleport. Also how the heck is this topic not in community yet? :lol

I think a thread has to be popular for it to go to community.

As for Scorpion, Tom Brady, Pig of the Hut, REO, and a crazed bald croatian man did a podcast talking about banning him.

There general fixes for him was that the teleport goes back to mid, as it being high is actually a buff, and that he can't MB the teleport unless it hits, so they can't just do whatever whenever.

Tsukumo

Figured I'd bring this up since its a poll happening on TYM, and Eventhubs at the moment.

CDjr (very well known MK player who plays Injustice) is pushing for Scorpion to be banned at tournament.

CDjr went on to list his complaints on the character... He's not alone, Pig of the Hut and a whole list of folks (including testers) are complaining about the things that made CDjr push for a ban of this character. Currently the poll at TYM is leaning towards the Ban while Eventhubs is not. Scorpion recently won the South East Asia Majors too so he has shown he can be used effectively at a tournament level and its not just a vocal minority.

The main reason is essentially his teleport shuts down the meta of the game and makes it reactionary to one tool.
  • Footsie interactibles can be ignored meaning interactibles against Scorpion are useful only in combos as he can teleport punish all others.
  • block strings from Scorpion demand pushblocking as he can mix in the teleport easily to open you up
  • it punishes any and all jumps and there is no jump blocking to counter the air version
  • it demands constant crouchblocking and reactionary play
  • it shuts down a good percentage of the entire cast's space control tools
  • it makes many of the zoning tools in the game irrelevant.

Are you for the ban or not folks? I can deal with the move, I play Bane and he pretty much always plays turtle and punish but I'm leaning toward the ban because Scorpion shuts down the meta of the game so much in every matchup that he completely controls the pace of the entire game with how many things the tool eliminates from your repetoire. Smart players with Scorpion are looking to be Kabal level in my eyes and NRS even joked that to balance a game they simply didn't put Kabal in this one...now we have someone who causes as many problems as Kabal in it as DLC.

Discuss. I didn't come by my opinion on this lightly.

I approve of this!

Horseress

About this banning thing, I HATE having a "avoid" something from a fighter, and I always preffer not to ban anything, but I have to say having a back-teleport character in a "back-to-block" game is the dumbest thing ever! EVER!

He shouldn't be in the game in the first place, but now that he's in....let's deal with it. Maybe NRS regret this decision and nerf him to trash. (Or just take away his teleports)

tim1138

The Facebook page has a new costume teaser image. I dunno how to post photos from FB to here on my phone though, so sorry for the lack of image. I can say one is a new WW costume though.

Nori Chan

I hope it's a new new 52 pack lol

And the wonder woman is the compatability pack. Also Blackest Night hawkgirl, aquaman, and who else could they add to that one?

Ryce

I hope it's a new new 52 pack lol

And the wonder woman is the compatability pack. Also Blackest Night hawkgirl, aquaman, and who else could they add to that one?
Blackest Night 1, Red Son 1, and Red Son 2 all consist of two real comic costumes and a NetherRealm original, so I'm guessing the third Blackest Night skin will be for somebody who didn't appear in the comics.

This ban talk makes me sad. I never support bans especially when a game is less than half a year old (let alone a character younger than that). Nobody seems content to just let things rock and that's disappointing.

Kid Ying

I don't know if anyone knows this, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Does anyone know if the japanese version will have dual language or is japanese-only?

vg260

Way to go Boon. Shoe-horn in your non-DC baby into a game with completely different mechanics and with a engine-breaking move, and now it's ruining the game. Nice going. There was absolutely nothing good about putting this character in the game.

I'm all for banning, and I hope they nerf the crap out of him and he becomes the Dan of this game.

(Yeah, I'm still mad he's in there to begin with)

Chindogg

Whatever happened to just blocking low then punishing when teleport is blocked/whiffs? Its a high move, it can be ducked. Just play honest and patient.

Not gamebreaking, not worth a ban.

Khezu

So who do you want as the 3rd Blackest Night skin?

I would be kinda annoyed if it went to either Black Adam, Ares, Sinestro, or Killer Frost.
Having their first alt costume be a fake zombie costume. I don't mind it for Hawkgirl since it's actually canon, and a pretty cool costume because it changes her wings.

Id like either Harley or Joker to get it, for zombie clowns.

tim1138

I would be kinda annoyed if it went to either Black Adam, Ares, Sinestro, or Killer Frost.
Having their first alt costume be a fake zombie costume. I don't mind it for Hawkgirl since it's actually canon, and a pretty cool costume because it changes her wings.

Black Lantern Hal.
It looks cool and is canon.

Kizer

I'd like them to move on to the other blackest night costumes that didn't involve black lanterns. Blue Flash, Star Sapphire Wonder Woman, Orange Lex.

Khezu

I'd like them to move on to the other blackest night costumes that didn't involve black lanterns. Blue Flash, Star Sapphire Wonder Woman, Orange Lex.

Honestly I don't think they are going to do that.

I think by the end of this, everyone is going to have some kind of zombie costume.

But we'll see.

J-Tier

Whatever happened to just blocking low then punishing when teleport is blocked/whiffs? Its a high move, it can be ducked. Just play honest and patient.

Not gamebreaking, not worth a ban.

I was thinking this, but I guess we can't speak for the pros as we don't know how good a "high-level" Scorpion is.

From what I've read though, this "patient gameplay" narrows down the metagame to simply reacting to his one gimmick, where everything but blocking low and punishing is the only option. I can kinda see the point, where it's no longer a "fighting game" but a "duck and punish" game.

As for bans, I have no strong opinions. I think whatever the tournament organizers decide, I'm fine with.

Khezu

My opinion on Scorpion is that he and all the other DLC should have been banned for EVO and other tournaments.

That's what they did for MK9 and it worked great.

4/7 of there DLC characters came out broken. Skarlet, Freddy, Batgirl, and Scorpion.
They are in a rush to get them out so they don't get as much Q&A treatment, so they get adjusted as the game goes on.

I'm not sure why everyone was so quick to let these characters rock, especially Scorpion who just came out.

Top Bottom