• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vg260

[tweet]https://twitter.com/noobde/status/349656547732897792[/tweet]

Sounds like some big changes.

If there are any Scorpion changes, I'd expect them to be minimal and probably not address the main issues, since this really didn't blow up until this week. Changes in a patch would probably be about a month old due to the approval process.

Khezu

Ya, Scorpion probably won't be touched too much until Martian Manhunter, unless they end up hotfixing him. They could probably nerf some stuff that way, but I think they would need a hard patch for some of the more seriously nerfs, like making MB TP only doable on hit, if they go that route.

Rumor has it with the Zod patch, Black Adam, Superman, and Killer Frost are getting normalized.

Nori Chan

Patch notes for Zod next week

http://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-v105-release-notes
As part of the fourth DLC Compatibility Pack update releasing 7/02/13, NetherRealm will release v1.05 patch for the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game. The v1.05 patch addresses several performance tweaks and enhancements to online battles and adjustments to key characters. The list of changes for patch v1.05 include:

General Gameplay Fixes

Additional frame data corrections.
Slightly reduced opponent tracking on Metropolis’ Hover Drones when thrown by a power character.
Normalized the splash hitbox Metropolis’ Hover Drones when thrown by a power character.
Normalized the splash hitbox of the Arkham/Joker Asylum Chandelier when thrown by a power character.
The input buffer window when using an Interactive Object inside of a combo with Medium + Hard Attack has been adjusted to prevent some unintentional attacks from happening.
Universal improvement to everyone’s Down+Medium attack
Made it harder to combo off the headslam on the Ship Interactive Object in the upper level of the Fortress Of Solitude.

Aquaman

The Marine Marvel (Forward+1, 3) combo now has a block advantage of 0.

Bane

The Raging Charge (Back+Forwad+X) can no longer be parried

Batgirl

You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of Bab’s Bola (Back+Forward+1)

Batman

Batman can now 2in1 cancel from his Intimidation (1, 2) combo when Release Check is set to Off.

Black Adam

The Boot Stomp now has 4 additional recovery frames when blocked by the opponent.
Slightly increased Black Adam’s combo damage scaling.

Catwoman

The Tomcat (1, Forward+2) Combo had it’s block advantage adjusted to +3 (from+8).

The Flash

The speed of The Flash’s Forward Dash has been increased.
Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position.

Green Arrow

There is now slightly less cancel advantage when the Queen’s Gambit (Forward+2, Down+1, 3) and Light It Up (Away+2, 3) combo is blocked.

Harley Quinn

The Bag-O-Tricks (Character Power) now recovers faster.
There is now slightly less damage scaling on attacks performed after Harley’s Mallet Bomb supermove.
The Spinning Pistols (Down+2) attack now inflicts the correct damage amount and had it’s hitbox slightly improved.

Joker

The level 2 HaHaHa (Character Power) buff now lasts 18 seconds and the level 3 HaHaHa buff now lasts 27 seconds.
The Joker’s Wild (Character Power) parry is active for 4 more additional frames.

Killer Frost

Slightly increased Killer Frost’s damage scaling on combos
Freezing Cold (character power) now has 10 additional frames of recovery.

Lex

You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of the Gravity Mine (Down + Down + 3)
The Geyser Uppercut (Down+2) now inflicts correct damage to the opponent.

Nightwing

Staff Stance Down+Light is now +3 on block (down from +6).

Scorpion

Shroud of Flames (Character Power)no longer starts it’s cooldown if it gets interrupted before it is activated.
Flip Kick (Down + Forward + 2) is now -10 on block (up from -1).
Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) now has more recovery time when blocked.
Slightly adjusted the Teleport Punch (Down+Back+3) speed
The Teleport Punch is now a High attack and has slightly more recovery when it misses.
Increased Welcome to the Netherrealm (Supermove) damage to 37 (from33.75)
Slightly adjusted his Jumping Light and Jumping Hard hit-boxes.
The Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) on block is now -8 and slightly pushes back farther.

Sinestro

The Arachnid Sting (Down+Forward+Y) now has 5 additional recovery frames on when it successfully hits.

Solomon Grundy

There is now a slightly bigger hitbox on the Walking Corpse (Back+Forward+3).

Superman

Kyrptonian Crush (Supermove) now does 4% less damage.
Super Breath (Down+Back+2) now has 0 advantage when the opponent blocks.
DUDEBRO deathstroke is safe :)

Khezu

Most of the Scorpion changes just look like the stuff from the hotfix.

The universal D+2 buff though, if its significant, that could really change the game, for the better IMO.

Can't anti air anything for shit with anyone other then Aquaman and Wonder Woman(sometimes).

shaowebb

HOLY SHIT UNIVERSAL D2 BUFF!!?!?!

Oh my God will Bane finally have a decent fucking uppercut?!
I cant breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeathe!!!

GrayFoxPL

"Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position."

Yes!

I guess it's time to play Injustice again.

kunonabi

Ya, Scorpion probably won't be touched too much until Martian Manhunter, unless they end up hotfixing him. They could probably nerf some stuff that way, but I think they would need a hard patch for some of the more seriously nerfs, like making MB TP only doable on hit, if they go that route.

Rumor has it with the Zod patch, Black Adam, Superman, and Killer Frost are getting normalized.

how many times has supes been nerfed now?

Khezu

(__hector sanchez__) ‏@hecterrific 1m
"The Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) on block is now -8 and slightly pushes back farther." This is for the METER BURN version only.

Nevermind, Scorpion is fucked.

how many times has supes been nerfed now?

Twice, and he is still the best character in the game, and the easiest to use.

Grimsen

Can't wait to see the improvements on the uppercuts.

Also lol at mb teleport getting nerfed. There's going to be a lot of wasted meter before scorpion scrubs figure that one out.

Wasn't part of the issue on how it breaks the game how it hits without being able to humanly react to block. Most of these seem to be after block.

The patch notes also mention slightly ajusted speed on the teleport punch. They might be talking about startup frames.

Khezu

Wasn't part of the issue on how it breaks the game how it hits without being able to humanly react to block. Most of these seem to be after block.

That's still a problem, but people will get more use to that the more they play him, probably.

vg260

Can't wait to see the improvements on the uppercuts.

Also lol at mb teleport getting nerfed. There's going to be a lot of wasted meter before scorpion scrubs figure that one out.

I think it remains to be seen if being too fast to reasonably block the teleport punch is still an issue.

I'm not sure these really address the issue. I guess we'll have to see what "slightly" means.

Well, these are probably almost a month old changes without taking into account the recent podcast's points, so it's a start.

shaowebb

Good to see that Bane's charge can't be parried anymore. I like picking him against scrubs.

I'll have to see it for myself, but Scorpion still sounds like an asshole. Remove venom? Why?

My man!
BTW you using any of the Bane tech for fast stands? F2D3 is that weird overhand fist into boot where your opponent seems to snap suddenly into a position for the D3 to hit...well turns out you get that fast stand as a property to raging charge if you f2d-BF1 which leads to super. NM I'm getting my tech mixed up. Certain strings followed by venom charge cause the opponent to get up quicker not the f2d stuff. Sorry bout that.

Its awesome that he'll be getting D2 changes...if I can AA folks now without using grab or zee uppercut I will be so friggin' happy because I can get more out of a good D2 combo than either of those by themselves.

Which is why I say the BIGGEST change to watch is what they meant by they adjusted the speed of teleport...if they made it something you can react to on site then that plus the D2 buff, plus the unsafe on block means you can either AA or block him comfortably. Its the biggest thing I want to check on the day of the patch.

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
I hope the patch doesn't hurt Green Arrow too much. I love my main too much to see him suffer.

Speaking of Green Arrow, I honestly love playing as him. The super resets are so dirty but I enjoy doing them so much. I played a mirror match with a sick Green Arrow and he opened my eyes to all the filthy possibilities!

Xevren

I hope the patch doesn't hurt Green Arrow too much. I love my main too much to see him suffer.

Speaking of Green Arrow, I honestly love playing as him. The super resets are so dirty but I enjoy doing them so much. I played a mirror match with a sick Green Arrow and he opened my eyes to all the filthy possibilities!

I love Green Arrow, he's one of my favorites. But it's really frustrating in some match ups for me, especially vs Black Adam. Just can't seem to do much damage mid screen, and if he touches me once bam...40-50% gone. I can barely do that in the corner. Just wish I could do more mid screen damage is all.

shaowebb

Yeah I got no clue why they keep screwing with slightly nerfing Green Arrow. Chris G wins but he's Chris G....dude is no better than mid tier because at mid screen its too hard to rack up damage and because his best mixups are becoming scoutable now...doesn't help with them messing with both.

If anything they should decrease arrow load time and slightly increase damage on normal arrows to help with his poor damage. Resets are fine, but when you have to have them just to crack 34% something is a little too hard.

vg260

Which is why I say the BIGGEST change to watch is what they meant by they adjusted the speed of teleport...if they made it something you can react to on site then that plus the D2 buff, plus the unsafe on block means you can either AA or block him comfortably. Its the biggest thing I want to check on the day of the patch.

Yeah, I just want people to be able to react to it online if they do see it coming. Hopefully, but their wording makes me wonder. MB teleport could still be brutal.

Moaradin

This teleport was not hard to block since all you gotta do is hold down. My biggest issue with him is you can't do anything to him on wake up. His flip kick was so hard to punish, and his teleport was pretty hard as well, especially the EX version. I don't think you could actually punish that one. Scorpion isn't looking very scary anymore.

Also happy for some Harley buffs. She had no good reliable anti airs so this should be good.

Mr Goldenmyer

Neo Member
If anything they should decrease arrow load time and slightly increase damage on normal arrows to help with his poor damage. Resets are fine, but when you have to have them just to crack 34% something is a little too hard.

This is what I hope will come one day. I wish he could do more damage even if it's like a little more. I hate that you can't get more then like 28% unless you're in the corner or using a super.

And Xevren, I know how you feel 100%! I hate when I'm doing these bug bites combos and get Black Adam/Superman/Aquaman/Batman to like half life and they do one combo and we're tied health. The low damage characters are always the ones I migrate to in Netherrealm games so I just have to accept it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
On one hand, yay Joker buffs. On the other, that Bane charge was the one moved I actually parried and loved to pull off!

Oh well.

shaowebb

This is what I hope will come one day. I wish he could do more damage even if it's like a little more. I hate that you can't get more then like 28% unless you're in the corner or using a super.

And Xevren, I know how you feel 100%! I hate when I'm doing these bug bites combos and get Black Adam/Superman/Aquaman/Batman to like half life and they do one combo and we're tied health. The low damage characters are always the ones I migrate to in Netherrealm games so I just have to accept it.

There is a little hope here though...universal D2 buff.
If Green Arrows gets a little better he can D2 Sky alert b3 and that would lead into some serious damage mid screen or otherwise. Plus if D2 becomes good enough to wakeup with or start offense with you could do this at all times essentially alleviating much of his issues with damage mid screen as he could now easily setup for MB Sky alert which does something like 26% by itself. You'll still need to open them up and he's still going to be an in and out fighter, but he will have easier damage if D2 gets just a bit better for him.

Fingers crossed.

The Adder

Banned
Why do I so often gravitate to ass characters?

My team in MvC2 was Megaman on point, Gambit, and Son Son.

I've been planning to main Luthor since he was announced, but damn is it an uphill climb. I haven't gotten any patches yet, but in the base game he is basically too slow to do anything. Luthor's my best character and I can't beat my usual opponent's Superman with him anymore. I can bury his Supes with my relatively crappy BlAdam, but he shuts my Luthor down hard.

Frustrating.

LuuKyK

I havent been following the thread, so I dont really know if they announced another batch of DLC characters or hinted at who will be in it if positive. Did they?

Khezu

I havent been following the thread, so I dont really know if they announced another batch of DLC characters or hinted at who will be in it if positive. Did they?

Sort of, they said more characters are coming, but didn't give a number.

Boon also said he was pretty hyped for the next comic con, so they will probably announce it their.

Zod next week.

Kizer

Happy to see no doomsday nerfs. The nightwing change is ok, but I am kinda bothered by it. See, I learned with doomsday that if you wait for his 3rd crouching l and you can sweep him right after and unless he blocked, he is gonna eat it. Now I am going to need to learn the timing on this version.

Also Flash buffs? The fastest man just got faster? I might have just peed myself a little. What a problem this is going to be...

J-Tier

Theoretically, wouldn't this make Aquaman's even better?

aSw2zXD.gif

I would actually hate this xD Fighting against him is a pain.

DRE Fei

The universal D2 anti air buff has people celebrating, but we don't actually know how much better they will be. It could make characters like aquaman even stronger, or maybe bring other characters up to his level. Who knows at this point?

Khezu

The universal D2 anti air buff has people celebrating, but we don't actually know how much better they will be. It could make characters like aquaman even stronger, or maybe bring other characters up to his level. Who knows at this point?

I don't think they would buff the few that are already good. Like Aquaman, Sinestro, Grundy, and kinda Wonder Woman.

Depending on how good they actually make D2's, it could probably be the biggest change to the game yet.

I do hope they are buffed significantly, the jumping is one of my main complaints with the game right now.

Ryce

Black Lantern Aquaman looks pretty awful. Why does he still have his nose? All the other Blackest Night skins have accurate faces.

1000373_565946300124656_284109602_n.jpg

Ryce

...Oh. I guess it is! This action figure has been in my head for some reason, and I assumed it's what he looked like in the comics:

dwb4zdG.jpg

Top Bottom