• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

dubq

FWIW, I think he was drawn differently depending on the issue artist. In this one he has no nose:

891431-blackest_night_2_1600x1200g_.jpg

Either way, I agree that it's a fairly underwhelming skin. =\

MightyKAC

So with the (sort of) deal on Amazon I decided to jump in on this for 40$. Part of it's because I know I'm going to love the story mode since I'm a pretty big DC fan. The other reason is to see if I can compete in the local Tokyo Final Roundbats that have recently added this game to their roster.

Been thinking about picking up Raven and Bain to start with, any tips for an Injustice noob just starting off?

Kizer

So with the (sort of) deal on Amazon I decided to jump in on this for 40$. Part of it's because I know I'm going to love the story mode since I'm a pretty big DC fan. The other reason is to see if I can compete in the local Tokyo Final Roundbats that have recently added this game to their roster.

Been thinking about picking up Raven and Bain to start with, any tips for an Injustice noob just starting off?

Get really familiar with Superman. You'll deal with him a lot.

shaowebb

Sexy? Idk, confused.

Glad Hawkgirl has an alt, finally though.

Agreed. We should make a list of everyone lacking alts. We know Sinestro should have at least one more but his classic isn't out is it? (I never play him)

Also apparently some of the Bane tech thats been on TYM is universal to the whole cast.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/splat-standing-reset-tech.31948/

Basically F3 into F3 or B3 causes a splat. Your combo suffers a hard knockdown if you back to back do those moves in any order and it ends your combo...however if you do the second move on the last frame they instantly stand up with you at frame advantage setting up some great reset damage for the whole cast.

Green Arrow F3 F3 THROW= 30% damage total.

Check the vid
Remember you aren't in a combo you are merely at frame advantage so don't go too meaty here on your reset attempt and go for something that works. I just want to see if someone can chain grab with Grundy after doing this.

shaowebb

You guys are watching Injustice at CEO right?

I am. Scorpion is running a train, but nice to see some of the community has Grown and that Harley showed up in full force after folks sleeping on so much of the roster. I expect Nightwing to follow suit next. Potentially a few others.

Also Bane was expected honestly...he's a counter pick to Scorpion along with Doomsday.

TDLink

earth 2 hawkgirl pls

Agreed.

So it looks like on Tuesday we will be getting:

New 52 Skin pack (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) - Same thing people who purchased the CE got for free

Blackest Night Skin Pack 2
(Aquaman, Hawkgirl, Batman)

Earth 2 Skin Pack (Grundy, ???, ???)

Man of Steel Superman skin

??? Compatibility skin

TDLink

Wait.. how does this work? You can buy BN Batman on the store right now! Well, in some places.

That's disappointing. What they should do is give everyone who already has BN Batman the other two, only way it makes sense.

We still don't know three of the Tuesday skins though (the other two Earth 2 plus the compatibility one).

Khezu

Batman and Hawkgirl/Aquaman better be two separate packs.

Otherwise I will be very upset, I mean not enough to stop playing the game, or to not buy anymore DLC...but, well fuck.

That's disappointing. What they should do is give everyone who already has BN Batman the other two, only way it makes sense.

We still don't know three of the Tuesday skins though (the other two Earth 2 plus the compatibility one).

I don't know, I think the twitter dude just messed up, and Grundy is the compatibility pack.

If there was another skin pack they would have tried to advertise it in someway.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Why are they doing this? That's really disappointing.. He should have been a separate DLC, especially people who already got him from the pre-order or the separate DLC that was out before.

Also, what are some good Earth-2 costumes?

Gleethor

I can't believe they fucked up the blackest night pack. Hopefully they're offering the other two skins separately for $2, but if that is indeed the case then why not just sell batman for a $1 like he already is in Europe?

J-Tier

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtir123/status/351470148542140417[/tweet]

I want an answer >.>

I'm not paying for something I already bought. Hopefully we get an answer.

Khezu

Well further confirmation for Earth 2.

protip: it was never indicated anywhere that Earth 2 Grundy is the compatibility skin.

From a dev.
Wonder what the compatibility skin is going to be then.

J-Tier

I think it's neat that ChrisG's Green Arrow beat PL's Scorpion in CEO grand finals (he also beat CDjr's Scorpion), so maybe all this whinging about Scorpion was a tad premature?

TDLink

I think it's neat that ChrisG's Green Arrow beat PL's Scorpion in CEO grand finals (he also beat CDjr's Scorpion), so maybe all this whinging about Scorpion was a tad premature?

Nah. Chris G is Chris G. Scorpion is still dumb in what he can do. Multiple times during CEO it was clear a Scorpion player was getting out played but either won or it came closer than it should have just because the player was using Scorpion. That shouldn't happen.

Xevren

It was not. I couldn't believe how badly people seem to get hit by GA's strings. Not saying anything bad against Chris G, but so many people got opened up by his f2d13 string that it was pretty ridiculous.

Khezu

Scorpion is a short term problem, he will be normalized next week, and probably a few more times during the second season of DLC.

He will always be annoying though. Should have made his teleport work like it did in the old 2D games, it would fit better in a B2B game.

Ryce

I'm reserved to the idea of Martian Manhunter and Zatanna/Red Hood being the final DLC characters. I definitely don't see more than two coming.

Top Bottom