• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

I hope they release costumes during the downtime between Season 1 and Season 2.

Would kinda suck to have to wait forever for MoS Zod.

TDLink

I'm 99% positive Martian Manhunter's coming on July 23.

Just about 3 months late but better late than never. Can't wait till he hits. I hope he has his New 52 out of the gate too since they blatantly have it done and in the game already.

TDLink

Tim Static is insisting the compatibility skin is classic Ares.

If that is the case, on the one hand that is good since it means another classic skin is hitting the game and ideally eventually everyone will get their classic skin. On the other hand, really boring choice for the compatibility skin since it is not that far off from what Ares already has in the game.

All the other skins releasing tomorrow make up for it though.

I would still be surprised if we don't get Flaming C at some point.

Khezu

If that is the case, on the one hand that is good since it means another classic skin is hitting the game and ideally eventually everyone will get their classic skin. On the other hand, really boring choice for the compatibility skin since it is not that far off from what Ares already has in the game.

All the other skins releasing tomorrow make up for it though.

I would still be surprised if we don't get Flaming C at some point.

Depends on what they mean by classic, Ares has had a lot of looks over the years.
But ya, its probably just going to be his blue armor outfit.

Classic skins are nice, but some characters I don't really think need em, like Ares, and Black Adam in particular.
Would be really upset if BA got a classic skin over new 52.

Xevren

So damn hype for Zod tomorrow. Gonna blame Man of Steel on that, love that movie.

Really putting more time into my Nightwing, he's probably the character I enjoy most playing. Gimme some costumes damn it, his look so meh.

TDLink

Depends on what they mean by classic, Ares has had a lot of looks over the years.
But ya, its probably just going to be his blue armor outfit.

Classic skins are nice, but some characters I don't really think need em, like Ares, and Black Adam in particular.
Would be really upset if BA got a classic skin over new 52.

TBH, everyone should get New 52 skins also (in addition to Classic). Those two should be available for every single person on the roster. Variation can come after that, but those classic costumes are just too iconic and the New 52 stuff looks too snazzy to leave them out for anyone.

J-Tier

TBH, everyone should get New 52 skins also (in addition to Classic). Those two should be available for every single person on the roster. Variation can come after that, but those classic costumes are just too iconic and the New 52 stuff looks too snazzy to leave them out for anyone.

I agree with this too. Don't think it'll happen, but it SHOULD happened. It's a shame really.

Khezu

I'm guessing they just gave that dude codes for Zod early as payment for all his viral marketing he has done for the game over the last year.

Vice

I made a list for EVERY costume model ever made period because if it was done as a model it could easily become playable. That said I did list that those two models were included so its not all that confusing. Sinestro has 2-3 models in existence and Wonder Woman has 7-8

EASY.

That said it really looks like these dudes need some more outfits.

(3 outfits) Lex Luthor/Nightwing/Raven/Shazam/Sinestro/Green Arrow/Cyborg
(2 outfits) Ares/Killer Frost/Black Adam
(1 outfit) Lobo/Scorpion/General Zod/Batgirl

I'm betting they do a "Power of the Gods" theme pack and put Shazam, Black Adam and Ares together. No clue how to bundle and sell the rest on that list with someone though.

Nightwing/Batgirl/Green Arrow
Cyborg/Raven/Nightwing
Luthor/Adam/Frost
Lobo/Sinestro/Zod
DLC pack

Kinda wish Flash was Blue Lantern, but it's alright. Ares skin is lame yeah, but it's different and well.. it's an Ares skin! I actually play as him and he'll probably never get another skin again, so I'm not gonna complain.

But if they did New 52 Ares....

Khezu

Stuff is up.

P2 Ares looks much better I guess, it is blue.

Earth 2 Hawkgirl is delicious, need to start learning her.

Patch is interesting, D2 do seem better, Harleys trait recovers a lot faster, Killer Frost got a pretty significant damage nerf, they probably overbuffed flash(Jax all over again).

Zod has great/silly facial expressions during clashes.

Horseress

Stuff is up.

P2 Ares looks much better I guess, it is blue.

Earth 2 Hawkgirl is delicious, need to start learning her.

Patch is interesting, D2 do seem better, Harleys trait recovers a lot faster, Killer Frost got a pretty significant damage nerf, they probably overbuffed flash(Jax all over again).

Zod has great/silly facial expressions during clashes.

For 360?

Horseress

Well, I'll have to wait till tonight to test stuff out on the PS3, and fuck Zod, I wanna see if Scorpion's teleport has got any worse

Quick question, last month I got an email from the WBID thing saying the Arrow costume would be available after some deal ended on the 30th. Anyone know how to get it? Or did anyone else get that email?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The Harley trait buff is cool. Not too much of a buff since there are a lot of situations where you'll want to go for a guaranteed setup instead of rolling the dice on trait, but there are definitely gonna be situations where you have no reason not to trait up and that'll make a difference.

TDLink

Classic Ares looks off...but oh well. The other new skins all look top notch. Can't wait to download this later today (whenever PSN actually gets updated).

Khezu

Classic Ares looks off...but oh well. The other new skins all look top notch. Can't wait to download this later today (whenever PSN actually gets updated).

He looks normal with p2 color, black skin and blue armor. You can still see his face though.

J-Tier

I'm puzzled why that isn't the default for the skin then. NRS makes some odd choices sometimes. At least it is available though.

That IS a pretty odd choice. WTH. His main outfit is already black in color...so making his alt. black will make it harder to differentiate the two anyways, and even weirder that the color he actually should be is for player two.

Idk what the heck they're doing. Whatever, today's wave of DLC is a good offering regardless, and a classic outfit almost ensures that we should be getting more classic alts.

DRE Fei

Zod is like so many other characters in this game in terms of knowing right away what the obvious good tools are. I can see this guy having very strong screen control with his trait and his zoning. Ground game doesn't seem as bad as I was expecting for him.

Flash's forward dash range increased slightly and the recovery seems better. Two dashes from full screen and he's in your face almost immediately. His new costume is awesome too.

vg260

That is quite a bit bigger than past patches. I wonder if there are more skins hidden in there so they can release some between "seasons" without needing to patch. Someone should data mine.

Surely someone will be diving into it soon.

shaowebb

Bane's D2 is faster but only slightly...feels like only a couple of frames. Its trading with a few things if I time it right, but I'm doubting this is gonna AA the way I hoped it would post patch. On the plus side I can now react to Scorpion's port consistently without having to ride the crouch. Hold dat.

TDLink

So I'm on PS3...I downloaded the patch and Zod is automatically on my select screen (I have the season pass) but the only new skin pack I see for purchase is New 52.

How is everyone liking that Classic Ares costume? :)

Also, as much as I don't want to use Zod. He's really really fun, which is funny because I love all the DLC characters more than the cast in the game. >.<

Top Bottom