• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

I'm reserved to the idea of Martian Manhunter and Zatanna/Red Hood being the final DLC characters. I definitely don't see more than two coming.

I want 4, just because 2 would make the character select screen uneven and awkward.

Ryce

Four would be better than two for obvious reasons, but that seems like way too much work for a game that's becoming less popular with each passing day. I just don't see it being cost-effective.

Khezu

Four would be better than two for obvious reasons, but that seems like way too much work for a game that's becoming less popular with each passing day. I just don't see it being cost-effective.

They could do what they did with Freddy, and do actual advertising for it, to get people to come back.

Freddy ended up being the best selling DLC.

Be best to be as open as possible with it though, and revealed at least 2 of the DLC characters at the start.

Jonogunn

Arg!

Green arrow is so easy to be zoned out! Or do I just suck?

Played a zoning deathstroke and I couldn't find time to load my arrow once!

shaowebb

Arg!

Green arrow is so easy to be zoned out! Or do I just suck?

Played a zoning deathstroke and I couldn't find time to load my arrow once!

He's not the best zoner...hell he's a punish style/reset character with corner carry and corner pressure. You shouldn't be trying to zone and I hope you weren't attempting to load arrows and were just trying to pop them off.

Your goal is to punish and get them into the corner for f2d13 pressure and to fish for ice arrow reset damage. Your combos are to end in arrow loading and if you dont see getting pressure then load some electric and start fishing for small combos that utilize mb air dead on or mb sky alert for the quick damage.

Green Arrow is NOT a character to sit and zone with. You play him in and out, you block often and once you get in you try to high low the shit out of them into resets.

FYC

Banned
Finished the story today. The combat is so damn awesome, I really really really like it. For some reason I have trouble using the analog stick on PS3 and had way more success with the d-pad, but whatever. Never played MK9 but I also liked how the story was presented, the minigames were a nice touch.
lol at superman blowing up tons of cars with people in them in the black adam minigame

Anyone wanna link some awesome matches?

Jonogunn

He's not the best zoner...hell he's a punish style/reset character with corner carry and corner pressure. You shouldn't be trying to zone and I hope you weren't attempting to load arrows and were just trying to pop them off.

Your goal is to punish and get them into the corner for f2d13 pressure and to fish for ice arrow reset damage. Your combos are to end in arrow loading and if you dont see getting pressure then load some electric and start fishing for small combos that utilize mb air dead on or mb sky alert for the quick damage.

Green Arrow is NOT a character to sit and zone with. You play him in and out, you block often and once you get in you try to high low the shit out of them into resets.

I think you misread what I meant. I'm not saying I'M zoning. I'm saying my opponent is zoning and I am finding it difficult to get in on them.

Lol ya I know how to play green arrow thanks to Chris G. Thank god for him or I would not have figured out how to properly use this character.

vg260

I think it's neat that ChrisG's Green Arrow beat PL's Scorpion in CEO grand finals (he also beat CDjr's Scorpion), so maybe all this whinging about Scorpion was a tad premature?

No way. Scorp's design is still an issue to the vast majority of players. This is arguably the best fighting game player around right now. Even if the other top players can manage, it's still an issue for the masses.

J-Tier

No way. Scorp's design is still an issue to the vast majority of players. This is arguably the best fighting game player around right now. Even if the other top players can manage, it's still an issue for the masses.

Lol I know. I just wanted to spur some discussion, didn't work out cuz there's really no one of the other opinion around here.

Earth-2 Skin Pack!

1017219_567750519944234_1779488626_n.jpg

Nori Chan

Hawk girl has costumes. Now there's not really anymore for her now lol. Doomsday and Hawkgirl are for sure done and hopefully Grundy too.

Now we need a sinestro pack already. Or at least a lantern one.

TDLink

Hawk girl has costumes. Now there's not really anymore for her now lol. Doomsday and Hawkgirl are for sure done and hopefully Grundy too.

Now we need a sinestro pack already. Or at least a lantern one.

Helmetless Hawkgirl is still possible. Also classic.

Khezu

Awesome!

Would have liked Earth 2 GL instead of Grundy though, but the real stars are Flash(even though they kinda changed his helmet a bit) and Hawkgirl.

shaowebb

Now we just need to catch up with more outfits for some of the rest of the cast. The following dudes have very few costumes and could use more love. Most only have the two starter outfits and only a few have gotten anything other than that where as folks like Batman, Green Lantern, Superman and more have over 5 outfits now. Any suggestions for costumes Gaf?

• Green Arrow (3 alts)
  • Sinestro (2 Alts)
  • Black Adam (2 Alts)
  • Shazam (3 Alts)
  • Lobo (1 Alt)
  • Batgirl (1 alt)
  • Zod (1 alt)
  • Killer Frost (2 alts)
  • Raven (3 Alts)
  • Luthor (3 alts if you did EVERY star lab)
  • Ares(2 alts)
  • Nightwing (3 Alts)
  • Cyborg (3 alts)

vg260

It would be crazy if they don't release classic/70's/superfriends alts. Just crazy. Those are the most obvious. I'm guessing, they're saving them for near last though.

Also, Scorpion does not deserve an alt, as the Jim Lee design was their excuse to work him into the game against everyone's better judgement. It's already shameful enough they forced him in.

shaowebb

BTW what happened to this moment?
FhMpa27.jpg

Mr Terrific, Sinestro in a classic alt and Green Lantern and the guardians...the hell is this?

Khezu

ID like all the DLC characters to get a costume pack of their own.

Scorpion
MK4
MK2
MK3

Batgirl
Batwoman
Thrillkiller
New52

Zod
MoS
SM2
Classic with bald head and hat.

Lobo....?

DC DLC Pack
Lobo thing
Cassandra Cain
MoS Zod

Scorpion Pack

Green Lantern Pack
Jon Stewart
Guy Gardner
Green Lantern Sinestro

I could come up with these all day. Why are you dragging your feet when it comes to letting me spend money on your game, Netherrealm?

TDLink

DC DLC Pack
Lobo thing
Casandra Cain
MoS Zod

Scorpion Pack

Green Lantern Pack
Jon Stewart
Guy Gardner
Green Lantern Sinestro

I could come up with these all day. Why are you dragging your feet when it comes to letting me spend money on your game, Netherrealm?

Scorpion should not get a pack all to himself

TDLink

Okay, fine.

Mortal Kombat Pack
MK2 Scorpion
MK3 Sub-Zero
Dark Raiden

Kappa

Whenever they get around to actually putting in classic costumes other than Harley they can just put Scorpion's in one of those packs. He does not need any alts past that.

vg260

I would buy a pack with alt skins that turn him into other ninjas.

MK 1 Sub, with Reptile alt color
MK2 Smoke with Noob alt color
MK3 Rain with Ermac alt color.

I will pretty much buy everything, but not any Scorpion crap after bringing nothing but negatives to this game. Classic costumes would be salt in the wound. He should get nothing.

shaowebb

Okay I made a list of EVERY outfit ever seen made for this game and how many alts each character has.

After you read this who do you think will be getting new outfits soon and paired with who?

(9 outfits)Superman/Batman
(8 outfits) Wonder Woman
(6 outfits) Flash/The Joker/Green Lantern
(5 outfits) Harley Quinn/Solomon Grundy/Catwoman/Deathstroke
(4 outfits) Hawkgirl/Aquaman/Bane/Doomsday
(3 outfits) Lex Luthor/Nightwing/Raven/Shazam/Sinestro/Green Arrow/Cyborg/Black Adam/Ares
(2 outfits) Killer Frost
(1 outfit) Lobo/Scorpion/General Zod/Batgirl

You should know though that this includes Dress outfit Wonder Woman,Flight Jacket Green Lantern, Teth Black Adam, Maskless Batman and Classic Sinestro...all known to exist as models made for the game but never seen usable in a match as they were all shown in cutscenes in story mode. It also includes Amecomi skins for Harley, Catwoman, and Wonder Woman as well along with Flaming C Superman because we know they exist AND have been seen used during matches.

Here are all the outfits for every character.

• Aquaman(4) - Original/Regime/Flashpoint/Blackest Night
  • Ares(3) - Original/Regime/Classic
  • Bane(4) - Original/Regime/Knightfall/Luchadore
  • Batgirl(1) -Original
  • Batman(8-9) -Original/Insurgency/Arkham Asylum/Batman Beyond/ Red Son/Flashpoint/ Blackest Night/New 52)/Maskless (seen only during story)
  • Black Adam(2-3) -Original/Regime/Teth Adam (seen only during a story mode fight)
  • Catwoman(4-5) -Original/Regime/Arkham Asylum/Selina Kyle/Amecomi (data mined and coming to japan. No news on other release)
  • Cyborg(3) -Original/Regime/Teen Titans
  • Deathstroke(5) -Original/Insurgency/Flashpoint/Teen Titans/Red Son
  • Doomsday(4) - Original/Regime/Blackest Night/Containment Suit
  • Flash(6) - Original/Regime/New 52/ Blackest Night/ Elseworlds/Earth 2
  • Green Arrow(3) - Original/Insurgency/The Arrow
  • Green Lantern(5-6) -Original/Regime/New 52/Yellow Lantern/Red Son/Flight Jacket(seen only during the story mode ending)
  • Harley Quinn(4-5) -Original/Insurgency/Arkham Asylum/Classic/Amecomi (data mined and coming to japan. No news on other release)
  • Hawkgirl(4) - Original/Regime/Earth 2/Blackest Night
  • The Joker(6) -Original/Insurgency/Arkham Asylum/Red Hood/Final Confrontation/Tourist
  • Killer Frost(2) -Original/Regime
  • Lex Luthor(3) -Original/Insurgency/Kryptonite
  • Lobo(1) -Original
  • Nightwing(3) -Original Dick Grayson/Regime Damian Wayne/New 52
  • Raven(3) -Original/Regime/Teen Titans
  • Scorpion(1) -Original Jim Lee design
  • Shazam(3) - Original/Regime/New 52
  • Sinestro(2-3) -Original/Regime/Classic (Screenshot only)
  • Solomon Grundy(5) -Original/Regime/Boss Grundy/Red Son/Earth 2
  • Superman(9)- Original/Regime/Godfall/Lockdown/Red Son/Blackest Night/Man of Steel/Flaming C (shown on Conan no news on its release)/New 52
  • Wonder Woman(6-8) -Original/Regime/ Flashpoint/Red Son/#600/New 52/Amecomi (data mined and coming to japan. No news on other release)/Superman's Girlfriend (Cut Scene Only)
  • General Zod(1) -Original

Ryce

You really shouldn't have the Wonder Woman and Sinestro costumes listed. They're used in CGI cutscenes, but they don't actually exist on the disc as alternate costumes. That makes the list a little confusing.

Moaradin

I decided to try out Wonder Woman because Harley is all I know in this game, and man is she fun. So far I already found a 50% meterless stance switch combo. Super execution heavy but very fun.

shaowebb

You really shouldn't have the Wonder Woman and Sinestro costumes listed. They're used in CGI cutscenes, but they don't actually exist on the disc as alternate costumes. That makes the list a little confusing.

I made a list for EVERY costume model ever made period because if it was done as a model it could easily become playable. That said I did list that those two models were included so its not all that confusing. Sinestro has 2-3 models in existence and Wonder Woman has 7-8

EASY.

That said it really looks like these dudes need some more outfits.

(3 outfits) Lex Luthor/Nightwing/Raven/Shazam/Sinestro/Green Arrow/Cyborg
(2 outfits) Ares/Killer Frost/Black Adam
(1 outfit) Lobo/Scorpion/General Zod/Batgirl

I'm betting they do a "Power of the Gods" theme pack and put Shazam, Black Adam and Ares together. No clue how to bundle and sell the rest on that list with someone though.

Ryce

I made a list for EVERY costume model ever made period because if it was done as a model it could easily become playable. That said I did list that those two models were included so its not all that confusing. Sinestro has 2-3 models in existence and Wonder Woman has 7-8

EASY.
In that case, you should include Teth-Adam, maskless Batman, and flight jacket Hal Jordan.

shaowebb

In that case, you should include Teth-Adam, maskless Batman, and flight jacket Hal Jordan.

Thats a good idea. I forgot about the Teth Adam in the intro and the other two do count. I'll adjust the list. Top listers hardly changes with this though.

Khezu

I understand why dress WW isn't playable since it might cause clipping during combat.

But classic Sinestro and especially casual Hal should both be playable.

I don't consider Teth an actual skin, since his model is not actually Black Adams and would not even work as an actual skin, his model is just too skinny, would be like using Billy as a Shazam skin.

shaowebb

I understand why dress WW isn't playable since it might cause clipping during combat.

But classic Sinestro and especially casual Hal should both be playable.

I don't consider Teth an actual skin, since his model is not actually Black Adams and would not even work as an actual skin, his model is just too skinny, would be like using Billy as a Shazam skin.

And don't forget that his hat may cause hitbox issues on him vs jump ins and crossups. Boy would THAT ever be an alt specific combo character. I think some of Deathstrokes outfits work that way to a small degree. Normally you cant hit sky alert in the corner on them off of a stinger popup, but I think his Red Son outfit might allow it.

Dis game lol.

Top Bottom