• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

SSReborn

Got to play this yesterday at a friends house was putting a lot of time into Harley Quinn really like her playstyle but I don't really see the point to her trait. It comes out really slow and the benefits you gain are random so it isn't really reliable. That may change with more playtime but at the time it felt useless.

Yes. I haven't watched any of the story videos. Going in fresh. Have the 360 version pre-ordered but wondering if I should get it for Wii U.
If DLC is important to you, WB has not officially announced DLC for the Wii U version according to some Twiier posts. I'm still getting it for the Wii U though.

The premise of this game is beyond stupid. Thought the demo was pretty good though.

PS: The art kind of sucks

The story gets much better.
I mean, it's still a comic book story.
But a better one.

The art is the same damn thing.
Quite a bit of costumes are available, though.

Cloudy

Banned
The story gets much better.
I mean, it's still a comic book story.
But a better one.

Superman vs. any one superhero is pretty much laughable. I don't even know what the main story is yet and I don't care

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
In spoiler tags, purely out of curiosity, what's the reason everybody can go toe-to-toe with Superman?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Is there anyway to get notation for this in Street Fighter lingo? I can read MK/Tekken notation but it doesn't flow for as well for me.

Kizer

Superman vs. any one superhero is pretty much laughable. I don't even know what the main story is yet and I don't care

"I have no idea what the story is, who these characters are or their capabilities, and ultimately am totally ignorant of all things DC past the Nolan films. I am ignorant as hell and don't you dare try to correct that".

Many of these characters actually are capable of putting a dent in superman.

If you could deal with persona 4's ridiculous story, you'll be fine here

I think suspension of disbelief is pretty much a requirement when dealing with comic book stories. I agree Superman>all in a fight, but I wont let that get the way of enjoying this game.

MK was my favorite game this gen, I am beyond ready for this game.

DR2K

Banned

Doomsday killed Superman for reference in the comics. Anyone with kryptonite turns him into a bitch as well.

Jagxyz

Ares, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Doomsday and maybe Wonder Woman could all go toe to toe with Superman, possibly beating him in a few scenarios.

Kizer

Doomsday killed Superman for reference in the comics. Anyone with kryptonite turns him into a bitch as well.

People tend to forget that he has zero defenses against anything magic related as well. In the playable roster, that is both Shazam and Black Adam.

Ares, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Doomsday and maybe Wonder Woman could all go toe to toe with superman, possibly beating them in a few scenarios.

If we are counting the New 52, Aquaman punched him hard enough for him to feel it too. Wonder Woman is a half goddess. She can hurt him for sure. You can't forget Lex who is smart enough to be a threat to Superman.

And magic, it's not widely known that Superman is weak to magic.

For those curious of how they justify the power difference between the characters (story spoilers):
it's a pill engineered by the story's main villain laced with Kryptonian stuff to give to his troops. The rebels also managed to get it.

jackdoe

You really need to suspend your disbelief for fighting game mash ups. It would be like asking how Iron Man can fight Magneto in MvC when it doesn't really matter.

Jagxyz

You really need to suspend your disbelief for fighting game mash ups. It would be like asking how Iron Man can fight Magneto in MvC when it doesn't really matter.

Iron Man vs Magneto kinda makes sense, they fought in AvX and Iron Man had some specially made non metal suit, actually beat Magneto iirc.

jackdoe

Iron Man vs Magneto kinda makes sense, they fought in AvX and Iron Man had some specially made non metal suit, actually beat Magneto iirc.
Look that really pushed the limits of suspension of disbelief, especially in an event comic that had normally sane characters doing stupid things.

Kizer

I think suspension of disbelief is pretty much a requirement when dealing with comic book stories. I agree Superman>all in a fight, but I wont let that get the way of enjoying this game.

MK was my favorite game this gen, I am beyond ready for this game.

Any fictional story. Not just comic books. That being said, I actually do think the story in this is rather well put together. If not for the plot, than the dialogue for sure. I honestly wish the story was longer because I want more of it.

Look that really pushed the limits of suspension of disbelief, especially in an event comic that had normally sane characters doing stupid things.

Tell me about it. I've hated the past decade of hero vs hero "who would win?!" stuff where best friends are now at each other's throats and characters throw away years of development just to give the audience a fight. But that stuff sells (see: Civil War, AvX, this game) so whatever gets more people into comic books I guess.

Ryce

My favorite fighting game of the last decade has Phoenix Wright standing toe-to-toe with the Hulk -- so long as a game is fun, I don't care how "plausible" it is.

What is it about DC that causes this conversation to come up more than it ever has with Marvel?

Because for the most popular/known heroes in Marvel (guys like Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, Thor, Cap, etc.) people generally know where each stands. With DC there's ALWAYS the eternal "Superman is invincible!" vs "Batman always has a plan!"

It's always been kind of dumb to me and I don't care about power level disparity at all. Have Stilt-Man beat-up Wolverine for all I care. Because guess what really determines the winner: the writer. Get big enough in the industry/company and you can write that "Toad beats Hulk" story you've always imagined. And it'll be 100% valid canon. But hey, it's fun for people to argue that stuff so let them have their fun.

kazebyaka

Banned
Started 5th chapter of campaign on ps3. This game is pretty sweet, but i have couple of complaints. 1st - all cutscenes are video, and the jump between 60 sweet fps to lower is jarring. Fps also drops in signature moves. Also, most "super-duper" moves are kinda lame looking. Aquaman's is coolest so far. Playing on thumbstick is much easier for a noob like me.

shaowebb

Started 5th chapter of campaign on ps3. This game is pretty sweet, but i have couple of complaints. 1st - all cutscenes are video, and the jump between 60 sweet fps to lower is jarring. Fps also drops in signature moves. Also, most "super-duper" moves are kinda lame looking. Aquaman's is coolest so far. Playing on thumbstick is much easier for a noob like me.

O_O How the ...?

Scirrocco

My favorite fighting game of the last decade has Phoenix Wright standing toe-to-toe with the Hulk -- so long as a game is fun, I don't care how "plausible" it is.

Because theyve generaly had stories. The capcom games, paricularly the mvc series has just been `bad guy shows up, people fight!` when you have a narrative, people try to make sense of it.

Can you disable the "super moves"?
Imo they are boring to watch :/

Chindogg

Ares, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Doomsday and maybe Wonder Woman could all go toe to toe with Superman, possibly beating him in a few scenarios.

Batman is still undefeated vs Superman in all recorded encounters. Green Lantern is also undefeated since he constructed kryptonite from his ring.

Terrell

If DLC is important to you, WB has not officially announced DLC for the Wii U version according to some Twiier posts. I'm still getting it for the Wii U though.

Then good news, it doesn't matter what is being said on Twitter by WB Games when you have a confirmation from Nintendo that it will from the February Nintendo Direct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cntz1GyM1Bs#t=2123s

The only thing I could see happening is Wii U doesn't get a season pass or the pre-order DLC from Gamestop for some reason or another, but the DLC will be there.

ReiGun

Everyone talking about Superman when it's the Flash that should be unbeatable.

Living embodiment of kinetic energy who draws power from the forces of space and time > all your heroes.

Also, it's hilarious this never comes up with Marvel. Because Spidey really is a serious threat to Phoenix in universe.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Living embodiment of kinetic energy who draws power from the forces of space and time > all your heroes.

Yeah, a Flash that doesn't care about killing would be the most destructive force on the planet. He could just phase through his enemies causing them to explode.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Also, it's hilarious this never comes up with Marvel. Because Spidey really is a serious threat to Phoenix in universe.
Pretty much this. Flash is far more powerful, and I never knew why people ignored him.

Yeah, a Flash that doesn't care about killing would be the most destructive force on the planet. He could just phase through his enemies causing them to explode.
And the fact that he can vibrate through objects makes him incredibly difficult to deal with.

Kizer

1945720-look_what_you_did.jpg

like Zoom?

NEO0MJ

Pretty much this. Flash is far more powerful, and I never knew why people ignored him.

kinda like how Aquaman was pegged as "guy who can only talk to fish", Flash was pegged as "guy who can only run fast". They don't even consider the possibilities this power offers them or how it functions.

ReiGun

To be fair, Aquaman is probably one of the least extravagant, for lack of a better term, members of the Big 7 of the JLA. He's only the fourth strongest in terms of physical power (perhaps third in the new 52, since I'm fairly certain he's stronger than Cyborg), and his powers are pretty situational.

They should make his trident's water summoning powers from Injustice canon. Give him a little more spice.

Top Bottom