• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Vice

Someone please tier the Injustice characters based on comic book power levels.

S Tier:
Green Lantern, Flash, Sinestro, Captain Marvel(Shazam), Black Adam, Doomsday

A+ Tier:
Wonder Woman, Superman, Ares,

A Tier:
Aquaman, Killer Frost, Luthor

B Tier:
Hawkgirl, Solomon Gundy*, Cyborg, Raven

C tier:
Everyone else

*Grundy's power level fluctuates every time he comes back to life. He can go from being stronger than Superman to getting punked by Robin within the course of a month.

Superman can be A+ or S tier depending on the situation. The S tier for me are just characters who are more versatile or potentially dangerous than the A+ ones.

Gleethor

S Tier:

A+ Tier:

A Tier:

B Tier:

C tier:
Everyone else

*Grundy's power level fluctuates every time he comes back to life. He can go from being stronger than Superman to getting punked by Robin within the course of a month.

Superman can be A+ or S tier depending on the situation. The S tier for me are just characters who are more versatile or potentially dangerous than the A+ ones.

Isn't Deathstroke metahuman? I'd put him above "everyone else"

I'm far from a Superman fan but I think you are putting him too low. An angry, pissed off, murderous version of superman would be the deadliest of all the characters.

S Tier:

A+ Tier:

A Tier:

B Tier:

C tier:
Everyone else

ReiGun

I would argue Shazam and BA should be in A+ tier because they're not that much stronger than Superman (their main advantage over him being their magical abilities). Agreed on everyone else.

Ares's power also fluctuates based on how much conflict there is in the world for him to feed off of. Though, I've never seen him at any truly insane level of power.

Because theyve generaly had stories. The capcom games, paricularly the mvc series has just been `bad guy shows up, people fight!` when you have a narrative, people try to make sense of it.

MvC 3 has a story, though.

Even before there was a story for this game, people were like "So how are they gonna explain Superman losing to Harley Quinn?" And I kinda hoped Netherrealm wouldn't play into that - but they did (of course) which prolongs the absurdity. These aren't superhero fight simulators. They're fighting games that are using superheroes as a means to create unique movesets. We inherently get that with Marvel, but we almost always bristle against it when it's DC.

Maybe it's that DC fighting games have never become the sort of gaming phenomenon that Marvel's been, and so it's not just generally accepted in the way people generally accept something like Juggernaut losing to Gambit or whatever. The familiarity isn't there.

Dahbomb

First of all Prep Time Batman is S+ tier.

Why the hell isn't Superman in S tier also when Doomsday is? Is it because anyone can beat him with Kryptonite?

Superman is as strong as he needs to be although I can see the argument being made that some people in S tier could beat him.

C tier would be:

Bane, Deathstroke, Batman (no prep time), Nightwing, Green Arrow

D tier:

Joker, Harley Quinn, Catwoman

S Tier:

A+ Tier:

A Tier:

B Tier:

C tier:
Everyone else

WAT

Green Lantern, Sinestro and Flash are never depicted as being more powerful than Superman (though you could at least make the case for Flash, his full power set is crazy), and Ares is a god. Luthor probably belongs in that A+ tier as well.

Dahbomb

Also if Killer Frost has equivalent powers to Ice Man she would be A+ tier at least probably equivalent to Flash as she would be able to freeze at an atomic level.

Gleethor

Reading on other forums that there's no WBid menu to link to the ios version on the Wii U version of the full game...this is some incredibly stupid shit considering these costumes are ON THE DISC. Really not optimistic on DLC, and yes I've seen the ND that says there will be but I really wouldn't be surprised if some clueless warner guy who wasn't in the know gave Nintendo bad info.

moai

WAT

Green Lantern, Sinestro and Flash are never depicted as being more powerful than Superman (though you could at least make the case for Flash, his full power set is crazy), and Ares is a god. Luthor probably belongs in that A+ tier as well.

yeah, even in the injustice comic prequel superman just breezes trough green lantern like nothing.

Vice

First of all Prep Time Batman is S+ tier.

Why the hell isn't Superman in S tier also when Doomsday is? Is it because anyone can beat him with Kryptonite?

Superman is as strong as he needs to be although I can see the argument being made that some people in S tier could beat him.

Doomsday ability is outgrowing whatever beat him. Eventually whatever you killed with with before will just be useless. Superman's as strong, or stronger then him at times, but Doomsday should just outgrow him.

Shazam and BA are in S tier because they're always being pushed by beating people like The Spectre of being hyped as the next godlike being.

Jagxyz

WAT

VdRMukT.jpg

That's the Flash punching a white martian (who are superman level) once. He could theoretically hit him thousands of times before the dude could react.

GL - not sure if a stock Hal could deal with superman, but with Parallax or other entities - definitely.

Sinestro - same deal

Dahbomb

]Doomsday ability is outgrowing whatever beat him. Eventually whatever you killed with with before will just be useless. Superman's as strong, or stronger then him at times, but Doomsday should just outgrow him.[/B]
By that logic Goku should beat Superman (since Goku becomes stronger whenever you beat him) but that's not exactly accurate either. Superman's power isn't finite either, he is as strong as he needs to be and will merely get stronger to beat Doomsday whenever he comes back.

I deem Flash and Prep Time Batman as the most OP DC characters in Injustice.

Vice

By that logic Goku should beat Superman (since Goku becomes stronger whenever you beat him) but that's not exactly accurate either. Superman's power isn't finite either, he is as strong as he needs to be and will merely get stronger to beat Doomsday whenever he comes back.

That's how Doomsday works in the comics though. Superman beats him then Doomsday comes back and beats Superman and it just repeats. His ability is to become stronger/immune to whatever beat him before. It's not just a strength boost.

ReiGun

The Lanterns tend to be pretty underrated. Their power is that they can do anything they can imagine and understand. The Flash is similarly underrated, so often being relegated to "the fast guy" and only getting to use the full range of his abilities in his own books.

Ares, like I said, ebbs and flows. He is dependent on how shitty the world is at any given time.

Finally, prep time is fucking stupid. :p

Also if Killer Frost has equivalent powers to Ice Man she would be A+ tier at least probably equivalent to Flash as she would be able to freeze at an atomic level.

Killer Frost is no where near Ice Man levels.

Dahbomb

Preptime Deathstroke > preptime Batman.
Nah man, Deathstroke doesn't have the resources of billionaire Bruce Wayne. Given equal prep time, Batman would come out ahead although in a straight fight Deathstroke would win because he's an enhanced human.
Killer Frost is no where near Ice Man levels.
What's different about her powers? Maybe she hasn't reached her max potential yet.

NEO0MJ

The difference however is that you can't really kill Doomsday. he doesn't just become stronger, he develops an immunity to whatever killed him the last time. He can also adapt by developing new abilities as well.

S+ Tier:
Superman

S Tier:
Green Lantern, Flash, Sinestro, Captain Marvel(Shazam), Black Adam

A+ Tier:
Wonder Woman, Doomsday, Ares,

A Tier:

B Tier:
Hawkgirl, Solomon Gundy, Cyborg, Raven

C+ Tier:
Deathstroke, Batman

C tier:
Bane, Joker, Harkey Quinn, Nightwing, Catwoman, Green Arrow

Dahbomb

The difference however is that you can't really kill Doomsday. he doesn't just become stronger, he develops an immunity to whatever killed him the last time. He can also adapt by developing new abilities as well.
Isn't Doomsday like Cell where if you destroy every cell in his body he would eventually die? If not then he's virtually immortal and should be classified in his own tier. I mean if he's truly immortal he could stand up to Flash, GL and Shazam enough times where he would become resistant to their powers.

Vice

Isn't Doomsday like Cell where if you destroy every cell in his body he would eventually die? If not then he's virtually immortal and should be classified in his own tier. I mean if he's truly immortal he could stand up to Flash, GL and Shazam enough times where he would become resistant to their powers.

He is immortal for all intents and purposes. I think eventually someone just chucked him through time to the end of the universe and Doomsday outlived that.

NEO0MJ

He would just evolve so you couldn't do that again.

Doomsday is what happens when comic book writers let their six year old kids create a character, grade school logic and all. He just fucking sucks.

I like him, but yeah, that character wrote himself into a corner the minute he existed.

Dahbomb

He is immortal for all intents and purposes. I think eventually someone just chucked him through time to the end of the universe and Doomsday outlived that.
Well that's fucking stupid and in that case Doomsday should be in his own tier even above Preptime Batman with Green Lantern's ring and Flash.

Khezu

Even Doomsdays origin is stupid. He is a really silly character.

He does however look fun to play as in the game though, so I don't mind his inclusion.

FHIZ

You know what's really boring? Deathstroke vs. Harley matches.

I'm just going to say Deathstroke seems really annoying in general.

galvatron

He would just evolve so you couldn't do that again.

Doomsday is what happens when comic book writers let their six year old kids create a character, grade school logic and all. He just fucking sucks.

True, but...

I used to read Image's Supreme because he had the same deal and I wanted to see if they had figured out a way around that. They just had someone take his powers away after he bodied Thor in a fair fight and stole Mjollnir reducing him to "only" the God of Thunder.

Oddly, the most broken batman is the current batman.
At one point in return of Bruce Wayne he literally knows everything that has ever happened in the current universe up until seconds before its end and founds batman, Inc to deal with a threat that he remembered seeing at that time.

Now, any writer can claim that batman remembered something and prepared his counter measures in advance rather than needing current timeline forwarning in order to devise it.

galvatron

Superman has limitations and weaknesses, though. Doomsday is just "You beat me, but now I'm gonna evolve to my final form and win cause we gotta sell this 'Death of Superman' comic event."

Yeah, but those were patches to his original OP state. Dude was fighting gansters with tommy guns when he started...he was invincible to those guys. Give doomsday 70 years or so starring in multiple monthly series and he might get balanced a bit better out of necessity, too. But, yeah, by the 90s they should have really known better than to just put doomsday out there with no plans for balancing him...

RazOmari

You can buy one of these for 22 dollars. It allows you to use a PS3 or PS2 controller on a 360. It ALSO allows you to use a 360 controller on the PS3, which I find really useful since I only have a 360 stick, and I prefer the 360 pad for FPSes over the DS3. (NOTE that PS3 sticks don't work on the 360 with this product, in my experience. DS3 works fine on a 360, though.)

I haven't noticed any significant lag in using this converter, either.

Nice, thanks for posting this. I'll probably end up double dipping sometime down the line.

New52 costume Nightwing combo for the new page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2GujOdKI1w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

DR2K

Banned
Raven is incredibly OP comic book wise. In game she has a teleport that goes behind you even in a corner.

Top Bottom