• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Stolen from /co/.

I guess just scrapped concept art from one of the artists.
AI0UP5g.jpg

Khezu

She was probably scrapped at one point, I'm sure they had lots of concepts for potential playable characters.

I'm not saying that she won't be DLC, but concept art doesn't mean much.

Ryce

I doubt it. It's only seen for a second. It's not like NetherRealm knew they'd be making possible Black Canary DLC back when that photograph was made.

Those who know me best: which characters would I likely find enjoyable in this game?

Is there a good website with small video tutorials for each character to show off what they can do?

Ryce

Those who know me best: which characters would I likely find enjoyable in this game?

Is there a good website with small video tutorials for each character to show off what they can do?
I wouldn't say I know you, but Raven, Ares, and Scorpion are probably most aesthetically similar to the MvC3 characters you seem to like (Dormammu/Morrigan/Firebrand/et cetera). It's been a while since I've lurked around in any MvC threads so maybe your tastes have changed.

As for videos, I'd just go to YouTube and do a search for "Injustice [character] tutorial" or "Injustice [character] combos."

Ryce

Story mode photograph Black Canary looks different from iOS Black Canary which looks different from comic book Black Canary. I really don't think any of that matters.

J-Tier

That would be her alternate earth form, wouldn't it? While Ollie has a picture of Earth Prime Canary?

That panel is
pre-dictator Supes
though. You'll notice that Ollie in the panel is dressed just like Prime is. The other world is basically the same as "prime" and only changes once the big event occurs.

Story mode photograph Black Canary looks different from iOS Black Canary which looks different from comic book Black Canary. I really don't think any of that matters.

I kinda feel like the comics, being the most "recent" incarnation, do have some weight to it. More than concept art that probably happened during development. But yeah, I do agree.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

In terms of demon-like characters: Ares, Scorpion, Raven

In terms of characters I think you'd enjoy playing as: Sinestro, Raven, maaaybe Ares.

Ryce

Ha, we suggested the same characters.

EDIT:

LobsterMonster: There is some Black Canary concept art floating around right now, is it just old scrapped stuff?
InjusticeGame: There's lots of stuff floating around on the internet.
LobsterMonster: I suppose that's the best way to answer that lol
InjusticeGame: We'd agree with your assessment.

Instead of just laying the issue to rest by confirming that Black Canary was scrapped he skirts around it. Interesting.

shaowebb

Shoutouts to my Bane Council bro Doombawks in pool k102. Looks like his first matchup is vs Scar (who I think is a Killer Frost player)

Lets see some frame traps and armor. Dont choke Doombawks...if it is KF you play against its not the best matchup for Bane.

In terms of characters I think you'd enjoy playing as: Sinestro, Raven, maaaybe Ares.

I wouldn't say I know you, but Raven, Ares, and Scorpion are probably most aesthetically similar to the MvC3 characters you seem to like (Dormammu/Morrigan/Firebrand/et cetera). It's been a while since I've lurked around in any MvC threads so maybe your tastes have changed.

As for videos, I'd just go to YouTube and do a search for "Injustice [character] tutorial" or "Injustice [character] combos."
Thanks gents.

Edit: Eh, not really feeling any of those. Are there any characters with good space control outside of their projectiles? What characters have good mobility options?

Xevren

Thanks gents.

Edit: Eh, not really feeling any of those. Are there any characters with good space control outside of their projectiles? What characters have good mobility options?

Lex has good space control outside of projectiles, but has really bad mobility. Characters with great mobility would be Catwoman, Nightwing (has 2 stances, escrima he's very fast but in staff he's slow), Green Arrow, Flash, Joker (good mobility but kind of wonky attacks). Think they have the best mobility.

I will check out Lex.

Just so we're clear, Mobility =/= Speed.

Mobility = movement options (air dash, teleport, etc.)
Speed = how fast the character is at performing their mobility options.

I don't care about speed, just mobility.

TDLink

I will check out Lex.

Just so we're clear, Mobility =/= Speed.

Mobility = movement options (air dash, teleport, etc.)
Speed = how fast the character is at performing their mobility options.

I don't care about speed, just mobility.

The characters I suggested have both. Batgirl especially.

shaowebb

Hawkgirl is a lot of fun...and she is one of the easier characters to learn.
THIS. I got more out of her in 30 minutes than I did with Bane and Green Arrow who I've been playing since launch. So safe, damaging and mobile its insane. I expect her in full swing tomorrow at EVO in pools as a character people have stayed quiet on. Her AND Nightwing.

There are definitely big differences but killer frost shares a decent bit in common with sub.

Hell she shares more in common with Skarlet IMO. Daggers, Slide, pressure game...

Killer Frost isn't anything like Sub, and he is probably interested in Sub because of the all amazing Ice Clone.
You are absolutely right. I like the ice clone.

I tend to like characters that can win through patience and turtling. I also like space control and mobility. Lex Luther seems to be the closest thing to getting all of that in this game.

Top Bottom