• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

Zatanna's ending sheds some light on more of the story

She and Dr. Fate took as many people as they could and took refuge in the tower of fate. It became their stronghold that superman dared not attack due to his vulnerability to magic and since they did not do anything to make themselves threatening, they were left alone. Doing nothing didn't sit well with Zatanna but it was better then endangering the people there. When the reign was over, Zatanna played a huge role in caging meta humans. This was cool until they were given the death sentence. She teleported them all to the tower of fate where they will be incarcerated, but stay alive. Not sure what would be a worse fate.

here are some of her clashes

TDLink

Zatanna's ending sheds some light on more of the story

She and Dr. Fate took as many people as they could and took refuge in the tower of fate. It became their stronghold that superman dared not attack due to his vulnerability to magic and since they did not do anything to make themselves threatening, they were left alone. Doing nothing didn't sit well with Zatanna but it was better then endangering the people there. When the reign was over, Zatanna played a huge role in caging meta humans. This was cool until they were given the death sentence. She teleported them all to the tower of fate where they will be incarcerated, but stay alive. Not sure what would be a worse fate.

here are some of her clashes

Yeah she was totally supposed to be Dr fate originally :/

vg260

Her select screen placement is one thing, but Zatanna is coded as a villain for some reason. Shazam/Deathstroke/etc. all use the villain clash dialog against her. That doesn't make any sense. Even when he was on the heroes side of the select screen, Lobo was considered a villain.

Man, what a mess. Maybe it's tricky to fix each time when they are still actively updating and will correct it once they're done w/ characters.

Kizer

Man, what a mess. Maybe it's tricky to fix each time when they are still actively updating and will correct it once they're done w/ characters.

eh, when push comes to shove I'd rather be this than something else. That is pretty irrelevant, all things considered.

Slurmer

Banned
What is up with the discrepancy between the last 2 dlc characters move sets and the rest of the cast? I feel like they have 2 or 3x the specials and thus constantly build meter.

witness

So glad we are getting armored MoS Zod! Going to be hard for me not to play as him, or against, all the time.

Cyborg Superman is cool to have now, love his voice and noises.

Ryce

Waw0zyB.jpg

stn

Just got this game, installing now. Gonna main Zod, I read that he's one of the least popular characters. And yeah, getting that MoS skin the INSTANT it releases. Part of me wants to main Batman but I just know everyone is already using him. Might also look into Cyborg, Sinestro, and Black Adam.

shaowebb

If zatanna has an alt it'd be fitting if she was replaced with Dr Fate who was pretty clearly supposed to be this character from all the evidence we've seen...however the entire moveset now belongs to her body and soul. The kicks, the cards, the hat...no matter what those were supposed to look like for Dr Fate its pretty apparent that they were changed to suit her personally and there is no undoing this. The jumping split kick, the posing...none of that says "Dr. Fate". If he was changed it was damned early on and he has no way of being her alt unless its female Dr. Fate from Young Justice. Too much would need changed otherwise to fit Dr. Fate's character.

IconGrist

Probably a stupid question but I'm wondering if someone with some Superman experience can help me out.

I think I may have stumbled upon a reset with Superman that if viable is well known (unbeknownst to me) so I'm wondering if it's actually worth using against a human opponent.

The combo is your basic F23 string. It starts as follows:

F23~trait, F23~Ice Breathe --

At this point I've learned from this distance that you can forward jump~airdash and end up behind the opponent right as they are coming out of the Ice Breathe ending the original combo string. The AI (at least on Hard) has never blocked the J2 I attempt following the air dash which allows me to continue with 223, F23~Ice Breathe. An entire string like that ends with maybe 25% of the opponent's health bar remaining if not less.

I don't see this done in tournaments so I'm iffy on whether or not it works against human opponents. I'd try it out myself online but my connection is pretty craptastic at the moment.

Anyone got experience with this as a reset option?

Ryce

If zatanna has an alt it'd be fitting if she was replaced with Dr Fate who was pretty clearly supposed to be this character from all the evidence we've seen...however the entire moveset now belongs to her body and soul. The kicks, the cards, the hat...no matter what those were supposed to look like for Dr Fate its pretty apparent that they were changed to suit her personally and there is no undoing this. The jumping split kick, the posing...none of that says "Dr. Fate". If he was changed it was damned early on and he has no way of being her alt unless its female Dr. Fate from Young Justice. Too much would need changed otherwise to fit Dr. Fate's character.
So... everything about Zatanna screams Zatanna, and yet she "was pretty clearly supposed to be" Doctor Fate? What am I missing? An ankh appearing among her magic spell effects doesn't exactly constitute evidence.

Xevren

Probably a stupid question but I'm wondering if someone with some Superman experience can help me out.

I think I may have stumbled upon a reset with Superman that if viable is well known (unbeknownst to me) so I'm wondering if it's actually worth using against a human opponent.

The combo is your basic F23 string. It starts as follows:

F23~trait, F23~Ice Breathe --

At this point I've learned from this distance that you can forward jump~airdash and end up behind the opponent right as they are coming out of the Ice Breathe ending the original combo string. The AI (at least on Hard) has never blocked the J2 I attempt following the air dash which allows me to continue with 223, F23~Ice Breathe. An entire string like that ends with maybe 25% of the opponent's health bar remaining if not less.

I don't see this done in tournaments so I'm iffy on whether or not it works against human opponents. I'd try it out myself online but my connection is pretty craptastic at the moment.

Anyone got experience with this as a reset option?

You say as they're getting out of ice breathe so I'm going to assume you mean his meter burn version. The jump 2 is blockable, the AI is just really stupid. It can work against people too, they just have to watch for the cross up. Ultimately IMO it's not worth it since Superman can get a lot of damage if he lands a combo with both trait and ice breathe with meter.

He has some dirty resets involving his d3 (whatever his dumb dive bomb air attack is) though that people use.

Also, I hate the character. Just throwing that out there.

IconGrist

You say as they're getting out of ice breathe so I'm going to assume you mean his meter burn version. The jump 2 is blockable, the AI is just really stupid. It can work against people too, they just have to watch for the cross up. Ultimately IMO it's not worth it since Superman can get a lot of damage if he lands a combo with both trait and ice breathe with meter.

He has some dirty resets involving his d3 (whatever his dumb dive bomb air attack is) though that people use.

Also, I hate the character. Just throwing that out there.

A lot of people hate Superman (in and out of the game), lol.

Anyways, I've tried the D3 and it never seems to work out for me almost as if the reset happens by accident. Mainly I'm just looking for at least a somewhat reliable reset with Supes. I feel like everyone has enough experience fighting Superman that if you're not god-tier skill with him you're going to get your ass handed to you generally speaking.

Kizer

Most people who hate superman don't actually know much about superman. Out of game, anyway. That being said, I am a lot more afraid of black adam then sups.

stn

Which one of these is the easiest execution-wise: Zod, Batman, or Ares? I'm loving Zod so far, interested in Ares, and definitely want to use Batman.

Xevren

Which one of these is the easiest execution-wise: Zod, Batman, or Ares? I'm loving Zod so far, interested in Ares, and definitely want to use Batman.

Batman by far, all of his stuff is incredibly easy. Zod would be behind him then Ares execution wise.

Most people who hate superman don't actually know much about superman. Out of game, anyway. That being said, I am a lot more afraid of black adam then sups.

I hate both of them equally.

I'd say Batman, really. But honestly, you should give Ares a shot. He's my main and a blast to play. He has a lot of nasty tricks, especially the corner.

Not to mention, no one really plays him so you can actually feel a bit special.

I would check out the TYM Ares forum. There's a lot of combos/tech buried in those threads that I never see people use online.

Or just go play Batman. :p

SuperBonk

After spending some time in the lab with Zatanna, I have to say her normals are pretty much garbage. She's still really fun to play though.

J-Tier

Yeah, she has very little in terms of being able to get in, but as you said, specials are fun. The animation on the meterburn hypnosis is awesome.

So I've been playing through story mode and arcade with most characters (I specifically played arcade with characters you don't get to play in story mode, among like ones I didn't enjoy playing that much).
So far, I've been enjoying a lot of the characters, so it'll be difficult to pick one. And I haven't even played all the DLC characters, only Lobo - saving best for last.

One thing I find really stupid, though, is that the DLC characters aren't in the archives - i.e. you can't watch their endings again. Also kinda miffed they don't have any icons for the profile card either (yet to unlock all of em we have to use an iOS app? WTF Netherrealm? I don't have an iOS device :V).

Kizer

After spending some time in the lab with Zatanna, I have to say her normals are pretty much garbage. She's still really fun to play though.

Yeah supers are the name of her game. She has no interest in getting in. She'd rather keep you out and trick you into making bad choices. Very read intensive character.

vg260

Just got this game, installing now. Gonna main Zod, I read that he's one of the least popular characters. And yeah, getting that MoS skin the INSTANT it releases. Part of me wants to main Batman but I just know everyone is already using him. Might also look into Cyborg, Sinestro, and Black Adam.

Play the character you like!

I've been playing a lot of Green Lantern simply because I always liked the character and think they did a great job with the character and I love his specials, super, and standard throw especially. If he's simple, overplayed, annoying, whatever. I didn't balance the game.

shaowebb

God Zatanna's reach is ass...she's gonna have to be a meter whore if I play her at all. She is completely reliant on specials IMO to stay in tight enough to use combos.Thank God for her J3 being crossup central.

Tsukumo

are you on psn?
Maining Batman myself too :D
my psn id is Tsukumo

stn

Nope, XBL. :( I only buy single-player games for PS3, hate the d-pad for fighters (though I hate the 360 d-pad as well, lol).

shaowebb

id pay good money for nolan batman bane and joker skins

That wasn't even close to Bane. Sean Connery voice was dumb, face mask was bad, movie was a mess. The other two films were great, but my anger after seeing the third film will never calm. Such a mess.

To each their own, but screw that film.

Khezu

I don't like Zatanna as a character and never wanted her in the game.

However, despite that, If a character ends up being awesome to play, I don't care who they are, and will enjoy them for what they are.

....Zatanna is not that character, she is awful.

She is not fun to play in the least.

Also Ryse was right, it is weird she doesn't have an NRS design, she looks weird and out of place in this game, even more so then MMH.

Ryce

I can't believe we got fictitious Blackest Night Doomsday, Red Son Grundy, Red Son Deathstroke, and Luchador Bane skins instead of classic Superman, Batman, Shazam, and Robin.

I can't believe we got fictitious Blackest Night Doomsday, Red Son Grundy, Red Son Deathstroke, and Luchador Bane skins instead of classic Superman, Batman, Shazam, and Robin.

I do wonder why they haven't gone with classic-styled outfits for the characters.

Top Bottom