• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

ReiGun

Man I got to drop Green Arrow. I end up more frustrated than anything with him. Aquabro is cool, as is Green Lantern. Think I want to pick up Harley and Flash too.

Dirty Diana still my #1. <3

tim1138

Man I got to drop Green Arrow. I end up more frustrated than anything with him. Aquabro is cool, as is Green Lantern. Think I want to pick up Harley and Flash too.

Dirty Diana still my #1. <3

Man I can't do crap with GL, it pains me so much. Hawkgirl and Batgirl are still my mains, and I'm trying to figure out Zee as well.

shaowebb

Green Arrow's problem is that even though he has a high reset factor and a decent potential to open you up with pressure he is really low reward on his damage. If it takes resets to crack 33% its not exactly a rewarding experience. I played him and I loved his speed and options, but I swear as cool as I felt I'd look at the dudes health and realize I'd done all that moving around and reading him for what a ton of other folks could blast out in several hits playing braindead.

I wish he did more damage. Best I could do with him is go full meter whore and try to work in MB Sky Alert and MB Dead on in combos. I see him as the Chun Li of this game...fun combos, fast, good pressure, can get combos, isn't able to impress regardless.

Kizer

Meanwhile at Next Level
Arturo's Red Ring is in the mail.

Chris G takes 1st in Injustice with Green Arrow
Arturo takes second with the Manhunter
Son Dula is third with Raven

Jonogunn

Green Arrow's problem is that even though he has a high reset factor and a decent potential to open you up with pressure he is really low reward on his damage. If it takes resets to crack 33% its not exactly a rewarding experience. I played him and I loved his speed and options, but I swear as cool as I felt I'd look at the dudes health and realize I'd done all that moving around and reading him for what a ton of other folks could blast out in several hits playing braindead.

I wish he did more damage. Best I could do with him is go full meter whore and try to work in MB Sky Alert and MB Dead on in combos. I see him as the Chun Li of this game...fun combos, fast, good pressure, can get combos, isn't able to impress regardless.

This is my green arrow. It's decent but no where near high level.

http://youtu.be/ka8IZP1iRao

Skip to 7:30 where I do a 80% off a super reset followed by a f2,d1,d3 reset.

Xevren

This is my green arrow. It's decent but no where near high level.

http://youtu.be/ka8IZP1iRao

Skip to 7:30 where I do a 80% off a super reset followed by a f2,d1,d3 reset.

I still can't believe people will not tech roll. Even in tournies you just don't see people tech. Granted that guy was just super bad since he could have clashed that. Always better to go for b3/f3's after super. Though if they aren't going to clash going nuts is always an option too.

Jonogunn

I still can't believe people will not tech roll. Even in tournies you just don't see people tech. Granted that guy was just super bad since he could have clashed that. Always better to go for b3/f3's after super. Though if they aren't going to clash going nuts is always an option too.

Ya I usually b3, b3 after the super but like you said, he was a bad player so I felt it was worth the risk to style lol.

I usually only do that combo on players who have already clashed.

Xevren

Ya I usually b3, b3 after the super but like you said, he was a bad player so I felt it was worth the risk to style lol.

I usually only do that combo on players who have already clashed.

Figured I would try and offer some tips since I got some sleep and rewatched.

I'd say you play him way too reserved, he has great mixups. Way too much d1 arrow, try using b2 into down arrow. B2 is a great overhead that people really don't use enough.

If you want to use a better reset just use his 111 chain, either on hit or block will work. Technically it's possible to get out of either, but it's difficult. On hit it's even more difficult to get out of. 33 can work but only on block so if they get hit they'll just be out of range.

Learn them corner combo's, that's where he gets his damage. 40%+ meterless.

Jonogunn

Figured I would try and offer some tips since I got some sleep and rewatched.

I'd say you play him way too reserved, he has great mixups. Way too much d1 arrow, try using b2 into down arrow. B2 is a great overhead that people really don't use enough.

If you want to use a better reset just use his 111 chain, either on hit or block will work. Technically it's possible to get out of either, but it's difficult. On hit it's even more difficult to get out of. 33 can work but only on block so if they get hit they'll just be out of range.

Learn them corner combo's, that's where he gets his damage. 40%+ meterless.

I agree that I play him too reserved. I still don't feel secure going in without an ice arrow. That's my sticking point.

I do use his b2 just not as much as I think it has longer start up? D1 is just natural since I'm already crouch blocking.

I use his 111 reset a lot actually. Just that the reset I showed above does much damage and leaves I with an ice arrow stocked to follow up the super with.

Ya I'm still practicing those corner combos. I pull it off maybe 1/5 matches.

Thanks for the tips though. For the 111 or 33 into super on block, what's a good way to pull them out? After a jump in I guess?

Xevren

Can do 111 or 33 whenever you're able to attack, they cause stagger on block and are mid. First 1 in the string is a high though but it's pretty quick so I doubt you'd get hit out of it often, at least I never did when I was playing him. As a note try not to do this when they are in the corner, some stages the super won't hit.

Doing d1 arrow a lot isn't always bad, just certain characters can blow it up. I play against GA's a lot, and as Zod I can interrupt him between the 1 and arrow if I was blocking.

Jonogunn

Can do 111 or 33 whenever you're able to attack, they cause stagger on block and are mid. First 1 in the string is a high though but it's pretty quick so I doubt you'd get hit out of it often, at least I never did when I was playing him. As a note try not to do this when they are in the corner, some stages the super won't hit.

Doing d1 arrow a lot isn't always bad, just certain characters can blow it up. I play against GA's a lot, and as Zod I can interrupt him between the 1 and arrow if I was blocking.

Lol ya I noticed Zods ability to blow it up. I think black Adam too.

I need major tips of zoning characters like deathstroke, sinestro and raven.

There's this guy I keep running into on psn that always chooses sinestro and chooses ferris aircraft. ULTIMATE ZONING.

Not gonna lie. Sometimes when I run into a high level deathstroke I just put my stick down.

Xevren

Lol ya I noticed Zods ability to blow it up. I think black Adam too.

I need major tips of zoning characters like deathstroke, sinestro and raven.

There's this guy I keep running into on psn that always chooses sinestro and chooses ferris aircraft. ULTIMATE ZONING.

Not gonna lie. Sometimes when I run into a high level deathstroke I just put my stick down.

For zoning you just have to dash after any projectile, you get a free dash against all those characters except when Sinestro does his meter burn 3 pellet shot and when Raven is in demon stance.

Ferris sucks though.

so with Zod getting a costume, when are the rest of the DLC characters going to get one

rVwHRkq.jpg

kappa

Kizer

so with Zod getting a costume, when are the rest of the DLC characters going to get one

rVwHRkq.jpg

kappa

ew. Add a couple million belts on him and you'd think this is Nomura's doing. I keep looking at this thing and gradually get more and more upset about it.

"My goal for him was to make him less comically hyper-masculine and more focused. He's still vicious, still savage and still entirely immoral, but I wanted a gravity out of the character. When he showed up, I didn't want him walking away from explosions and smoking a cigar. When he shows up, I want people to feel like, 'This is it. This is the end.'"

The end of Lobo and the beginning of Bishoujo kawaii desu maybe.

stn

LOL. Don't worry, I'm not "that kind" of player. I rush in the moment I get a knockdown. And I say this as a player who is actually very good at turtling.

Khezu

Saw some weird models from Injustice posted on another site a little while ago. I guess they are models ripped from the game and are to be used for making screenshots in "XNA"?
I don't know, I'm only bringing this up because I saw clearer pictures of some of the damaged models... and man, maybe I'm the only one, but I think they went a tad overboard.
It's fine for MK, but I don't really want to see DC characters all fucked up.

Wonder how farther you have to push this to actually get an M rating?

Xevren

Some people seem to think its going to come with that Superman movie, similar to how Classic Jade came with the MK movie.

Man of Steel? I hope not, doesn't it come out in November? Unless it's some animated thing I don't know about. I want it now damn it.

Kizer

So is that it then for characters? MMH was clearly the most wanted and Zee won the poll.

I don't think so. I think right now they are in the process of working on someone else. Remember that these characters were said to be unplanned. They probably really were.

Top Bottom