• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

shaowebb

Awww yeah! Now I can give even more beat downs with Lobo. :) Also, is that all the changes?

No clue...possibly it is though for Lobo. Lobo with the overhead Hook Charge and the low hook now has a long range 50/50 so expect him to start getting his offense going WAY more often now. Plus it kinda gives him a 50/50 ender so its guess high or low in Lobo matches now. The fact that he also got some armor and 2 shells and increased range on the gun is insane really. Plus increased viability on hook charge on wakeup? Im not even certain how buffed that means but it sounds like Hook Charge all day err' day now. Need to test at what point his armor is out on MB hook Charge though before I know what its useful for.

We dont know what other buffs folks are getting in this game, but I can say that Lobo with this many tweaks will be pretty damned fine. No longer bottom tier for certain. Prepare to see him land some of that impressive damage on stream soon with these changes.

shaowebb

Keep thinking about this patch and how its buffs could end up lowering the tier of other characters. I like Green Arrow...like a lot. He's very low damage though and relies on resets and the corner to get any mileage in a match though. He has to open people up and convert more in a match than a lot of the cast. It makes it a very back and forth issue with him and I'd say most of his matchups are either even or in favor of his opponents. He needs meter and ice to get anything.

Armor dudes messup Green Arrow...like a lot. They cut through everything and he cant run from them properly. Bane only has bow spin to fear, Lobo is going to become an issue if he uses meter for the armor properly and doesn't just YOLO his face into bow spin, and in general he just seems so level on the field that I worry armoring or buffing the cast will force him lower.

Green Arrow has not once gotten a buff outside of the D2 thing and his was already good so little mattered there.

What sort of buffs do you think he could use to stay about where he is if this patch starts buffing the rest in key areas? Slight damage increase on strings? Make Stinger safer than -25 on block? More damage on normal arrows?

I'm stuck on this as I dont want him ever to be abusable, but I easily see him dropping quickly if buffs are handed out primarily to the rest of the cast.
I'd like for stinger to be like -3 to -5 on block ,but then they'd have to make certain the move no longer worked as a juggle starter in the corner if they made stinger any safer at all otherwise he'd have infinites if they did that.

So hard to think of how to buff this guy safely...

Ryce

oEBBy0g.jpg

The Light

Wouldn't giving Shazam a safe way be too much? With the buffs currently listed he is even more dangerous up close especially with keeping resets in mind.

Slurmer

Banned
Been getting a lot of game session no longer available message after winning online. Is this like, the polite way of rage quitting?

Jonogunn

Keep thinking about this patch and how its buffs could end up lowering the tier of other characters. I like Green Arrow...like a lot. He's very low damage though and relies on resets and the corner to get any mileage in a match though. He has to open people up and convert more in a match than a lot of the cast. It makes it a very back and forth issue with him and I'd say most of his matchups are either even or in favor of his opponents. He needs meter and ice to get anything.

Armor dudes messup Green Arrow...like a lot. They cut through everything and he cant run from them properly. Bane only has bow spin to fear, Lobo is going to become an issue if he uses meter for the armor properly and doesn't just YOLO his face into bow spin, and in general he just seems so level on the field that I worry armoring or buffing the cast will force him lower.

Green Arrow has not once gotten a buff outside of the D2 thing and his was already good so little mattered there.

What sort of buffs do you think he could use to stay about where he is if this patch starts buffing the rest in key areas? Slight damage increase on strings? Make Stinger safer than -25 on block? More damage on normal arrows?

I'm stuck on this as I dont want him ever to be abusable, but I easily see him dropping quickly if buffs are handed out primarily to the rest of the cast.
I'd like for stinger to be like -3 to -5 on block ,but then they'd have to make certain the move no longer worked as a juggle starter in the corner if they made stinger any safer at all otherwise he'd have infinites if they did that.

So hard to think of how to buff this guy safely...

I'm an arrow player and I agree. I'm scared he'll drop down in tiers. He's already tricky to use.

I really think the main reason he didnt get buffed is because of Chris g.

stn

How do you guys fix the missing skins glitch? I got the Arkham City skins for free, now suddenly they won't show up in the character selection. Oh boy...

I've been testing out Shazam and seeing if I can find combos that would benefit from the extra range. And I have, so I look forward to seeing what will come of it.

Plus the Mighty Charge combo, could definitely add into things.

shaowebb

bIZqgN3.jpg

Sooooooon.

Honestly though I'm predicting Bane is gonna shoot up the ranks after this. He didn't need buffs if you understood how to play him. If he suddenly gains any safer approaches or bonuses to his armor/mobility tools its gonna get dirty. Dude was already a titan when it came to frame traps and damage. You just needed patience to get in, but his damage output and control once inside made the trade fair. If he gets better at getting started he'll tier jump fast.

stn

Does any character fit this criteria?

-Rushdown
-Has a dependable AA
-Easy execution
-Is relatively safe on block

shaowebb

Does any character fit this criteria?

-Rushdown
-Has a dependable AA
-Easy execution
-Is relatively safe on block

Hawkgirl. She's also high damage.

-She is constantly moving forward with her stuff unless you are in a matchup like Black Adam where its necessary to fly and chuck maces till you can MB the mace throw for her followup shoulder dive to get in
-Her combos are easy...like SUPER easy. Generally 4 hits is all you need and everything ends with Mace Charge for corner push and damage
-her frames are great on block and her startup across several of her tools means she's hard to predict when she pressures as she has several openers and even armor on wing evade moves.
-her D2 AA uppercut is one of the absolute best in the game.

stn

I've heard she still sucks despite all this, why is that? Going to give her a try, I've never actually played her yet.

shaowebb

I've heard she still sucks despite all this, why is that? Going to give her a try, I've never actually played her yet.

Who told you that?

She has problem matches like Sinestro but she's not what you can really call low tier plus her best matchups are generally the higher tier characters. She ruins Superman. If I was making a tier list I'd put her at upper mid tier to lowest end of high tier.

Watch trepound sometime to get an idea of her.

Khezu

Bane is still ass.

They didn't work on a single of his problems

I'm not a Bane expert or anything, but from my own experience and what all the Bane players say, he is actually pretty good, mid tier at worst.

The biggest things that could buff him are the top 5 getting toned down, and certain projectiles like minigun and MB lightning being fixed and turned into proper projectiles so LvL 3 venom works on them.

The buffs they have given him, the string buff and venom uppercut are w/e, nice I guess, but the damage reduction in venom is pretty good. As a grappler type character, he does take a lot of damage getting in, since he tends to rely on soaking up everything with armor, and the buff is basically just giving him more health to play with.

At least that's what the actual Bane players are saying. Most of them, and everyone else were pretty afraid of Bane getting buffs, since he could easily wind up overpowered, but what they gave him isn't too crazy.

The only thing that has me interested is his Venom Uppercut, what use could it have? We will see.

Also, I don't think these are all the changes for the characters because of what Boon said. But maybe i'm reading into it too much.

"INJUSTICE players: Here is a taste of the upgrades BANE is getting in the upcoming Game Play Balance patch!"

Khezu

Well if its anything like Flashes lightning charge, it will probably be used to make it safe. Right now its hella negative on block.

Kizer

The only thing that has me interested is his Venom Uppercut, what use could it have? We will see.

Also, I don't think these are all the changes for the characters because of what Boon said. But maybe i'm reading into it too much.

"INJUSTICE players: Here is a taste of the upgrades BANE is getting in the upcoming Game Play Balance patch!"

I pretty sure they confirmed these are not all the changes they are showing yet, but rather a sampler to tide people over until they are ready.

I pretty sure they confirmed these are not all the changes they are showing yet, but rather a sampler to tide people over until they are ready.

Oh, really? Huh. Well I hope we get to see everyone little detail, as it seems this will be the last update in a good while

shaowebb

Bane is still ass.

They didn't work on a single of his problems

That's stupid.

Yall got no clue.

Bane now effectively has a health buff meaning his play it patient footsie game is safer to do plus his MB cancellable Venom uppercut on block or whif means he has another pressure tool. Till now there was ZERO way to know what it was on block because it couldn't be done if blocked. My guess is it will be safe so that people use the move more often than just a -31 on block wakeup option. We'll see though on that one...its the most suspect of his new stuff. If its not safe well who cares? Its still Great for his wakeup options and for mixing folks up off the MB if they dont remember to block after the first part and he MB's it.

The critical thing so far I can confirm is the health buff that damage reduction nets him. Dude is gonna be infuriating to beat down and once he gets in HE STAYS IN. Same as always Bane is a frametrap monster who destroys wakeup. He has the armor and damage to make him a threat no matter how long you have to soak up chip and he has the best front dash in the game. He's not S tier, but he's always been a solid mid. Watch PND Mustard for proof of that.

Seriously...Bane now has the highest damage, highest health, and best dash in the game plus likely the most armored tools. He takes effort to use, but his reward is well worth it. The only issues he has IMO that needed addressed were in how other players functioned. Namely the fact that some projectiles dont function as projectiles thus messing with his armor and the Flash jailing thing he suffers against.You can't play poke fight with Bane. You go in and suffocate using frame traps, guessing games by mixing in grabs and a lot of specials. He's not a slug fest dude and once you learn that and where his frame traps are and how to link them together safely then he clicks and you realize how powerful he always was.

THIS is how you play Bane.

shaowebb

I know. That's why I said "that's stupid".

Ah okay. I thought you were saying "bah he am no get fixederred and have no am way to gets in still is not buffing is useless" like quite a few folks are doing on other boards.

Yeah giving Bane more health is kind of nutty with his damage output. Most of the folks who whined about his nerfs on TYM weren't really interested in learning how to play the character and were only hoping to jump onto a new broken top tier if he became one. Truth is Bane just got better at what he did and those that know how the character works know that this just made it that much safer and easier to play his kind of gameplan that relies on patience to start frame trapping and punishing.

Bane eats chips all day when you feed them to him. He works them off though by all the spine breaking he gets to do as he walks towards you through the damage. Im most interested in Venom Uppercut. I need to see its frame data once that MB is in.

Slurmer

Banned
Bane seems fun to play anyways and not too tough to pick up so I might need to pick him up now. Itll be nice to be able to venom up during a superman combo so the round wont be essentially over afterwards.

Khezu

Lobo > Bane > Shazam > Joker.

But again, these are only 3 of the changes he is getting.

Still hope the other buffs will also help.

That said, I feel like Joker falls into the same weird grey area as Ares, they don't really know what to do with him, or really care about him, so when all the other lower tier characters are going to get buffed, those two will fall behind.

Also comic came out today.

Superman pulled a Bane, and broke the Bat over his knee.

Moaradin

They seem to be focused on the balance patch which is cool, but I want to hear about the next DLC character. We should still see one or two before it's all done, right?

Moaradin

Not yet, but it's obvious to me at this point that they're done. It's been a month since Zatanna came out -- we should've at least heard something about a seventh character by now.

That would really suck. It seemed like they had a couple more in the works.

shaowebb

That corner pressure at 3:45 is awesome

Yeah Revolver has really made Lex look great. He takes some quick reads and reactions to get going and he has his bad matchups, but man its gorgeous to see him come together when you got the spacing down. Good pressure characters can blow him up though by tossing away all his armor and locking down his setup chances that way. MMH just cant use his orbs once Lex has trait up and once he has trait there goes the teleports as well. Makes it a runaway to neutral game and without trait MMH has ass neutral.

Pretty much a battle to stop the other person's trait. If MMH gets stretchy first he can potentially poke away at lex to keep him off his trait (mainly with grabs) and close in for combos. If Lex gets the armor he can blow through the orb and projectile spacing AND the stretchy limbed trait of MMH and choke him down with reset combos from anywhere.

I think it favors Lex though by a bit. 5-5 tp 4-6 IMO in favor of Lex.

TDLink

Not yet, but it's obvious to me at this point that they're done. It's been a month since Zatanna came out -- we should've at least heard something about a seventh character by now.

If Black Canary is in fact one of them they could be biding time for the Arrow Season 2 premiere to have some synergy.

I mean, there was a month long gap between Scorpion and Zod also.

Khezu

I don't really want anymore DLC characters.

Just a few more DLC costumes for the characters that haven't gotten any yet.

Top Bottom