• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

Man, they really don't want anyone asking about more alts or characters.

Understandable. They have a set amount of time to talk about the patch. If they derail it for other stuff, it would not only take time, but it would also be hard to put the train back on the rails.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Understandable. They have a set amount of time to talk about the patch. If they derail it for other stuff, it would not only take time, but it would also be hard to put the train back on the rails.

Or it's really annoying and they probably get asked the same shit on twitter constantly.

It's not like they'd talk about it if asked anyways.

shaowebb

Post your Superman F2 gif Khezu!

Also folks will be bitching like crazy about Green Arrow now. MB stinger's second hit is an overhead you have to stand back up to block and it puts you at disadvantage on block for him to follow up with?

Holy hell you got to teabag to block F2D13 MB stinger stuff. He's gonna open people up with pressure off this guessing game way harder than D1 ice arrow now.

Khezu

You could have posted I don't care.

But ya, I guess this is what everyone cares about.
iepNU1f9uKPk4.gif

Can't start a match with it anymore, or loop F23 xx Breath anymore.

That's a pretty big nerf.

shaowebb

You could have posted I don't care.

But ya, I guess this is what everyone cares about.
iepNU1f9uKPk4.gif

Can't start a match with it anymore, or loop F23 xx Breath anymore.

That's a pretty big nerf.

Im gonna go send this to my local Superman player. We're always running Hawkgirl vs Superman sets. BRB :D

shaowebb

and the rage quits grew twice in size that day

No that will happen when folks whip out Deathstroke again online and utilize his trait more once he starts doing combos to end in unblockable shots to close out rounds. Well...then and when Doomsday starts armor shoulder ramming his way up the screen.

Kizer

No that will happen when folks whip out Deathstroke again online and utilize his trait more once he starts doing combos to end in unblockable shots to close out rounds. Well...then and when Doomsday starts armor shoulder ramming his way up the screen.

I'll tell you how that second part goes.

Oh, and I found it so refreshing to hear Hector calling out scrubs.

Same. Also any idea how many frames of block advantage MB Venom Uppercut and MB stinger get?

Can't remember off the top of my head.

Bane's mb uppercut is safe on block but there's a way to blow it up if you read they're going to MB it. I'll leave that for you to figure out in the lab. So it's not a completely free wakeup but it's good.

shaowebb

Can't remember off the top of my head.

Bane's mb uppercut is safe on block but there's a way to blow it up if you read they're going to MB it. I'll leave that for you to figure out in the lab. So it's not a completely free wakeup but it's good.

Sweet. I'll let the Bane council know the good news. Green Arrow is one I'll be frame counting hard tomorrow.

Khezu

My friend just bought this for me on Wii U. Will it get updated?

No one has any idea.

They only updated it once, after the first batch of DLC, made it up to date(at the time) and dumped all the DLC out at once.

If there is more DLC, I expect them to wait a bit before updating the WiiU to the newest patch.

Kizer

Can you explain it to me?

she can use her dodge/parry during an enemy's attempt at a combo (meaning you actually blocked it) and counter attack. This means the parry is much more useful then just dodging projectiles and, if the catwoman is fast enough, means any blocked string of attacks against her is unsafe and ill advised.

vg260

Post your Superman F2 gif Khezu!

Also folks will be bitching like crazy about Green Arrow now. MB stinger's second hit is an overhead you have to stand back up to block and it puts you at disadvantage on block for him to follow up with?

Holy hell you got to teabag to block F2D13 MB stinger stuff. He's gonna open people up with pressure off this guessing game way harder than D1 ice arrow now.

Maybe I was watching the wrong move on stream, but is that a move where he's sliding? Shouldn't an overhead look like an overhead? That seems odd to me.

stn

Do you guys think Superman will slide down in the tiers now? I'm a DS player but I'm just genuinely curious.

shaowebb

Maybe I was watching the wrong move on stream, but is that a move where he's sliding? Shouldn't an overhead look like an overhead? That seems odd to me.

Its the slide move and that hit is a low, but when he fires off the arrow as the MB portion the arrow he shoots is an overhead now. Most people forget he even has the move because up until now its utility sucked. You could only really use it to finish off midscreen combos that pushed them too far out to shove them into the corner or use it in corner combos to setup a D2 and add an extra low after F2D13 which was risky if they ever saw you go low after that string before.

Gotta say though this isn't as great as I hoped on block. The pushback on it is shit and it has pretty limited followups. If you F2D13 it and then go into MB stinger though its hard as hell to block so far. I got it in the lab right now vs Zod and Im counting frames KOF 13 style with jump. If I have Zod set to block everything and set to jump afterwards my jump comes out what looks 1 maybe 2 frames sooner than him. So it IS plus on block but not by a lot and it pushes back. Its only -8 on block now so thats not too bad considering it used to be -32

EDIT: Played with Bane's Infinite Crisis changes (F2D1)

You now get 2 dashes off of it and great cornering. Never really played with this string till now and I noticed In the corner they dont push back so the second hit where he does the dropkick IS A CROSSUP. You end up flying behind them into the corner and connecting with your shoulders or something. The Bane Council on TYM said they didnt have a use for it since it was unsafe, but that looks dirty as hell now.

Horseress

Fuck, the game keeps freezing here on my ps3 after I've downloaded the patch (that says 1.08 version here, not 1.06)...some had some problems too?

tim1138

Fuck, the game keeps freezing here on my ps3 after I've downloaded the patch (that says 1.08 version here, not 1.06)...some had some problems too?

I couldn't even download the patch when I tried earlier, it'd boot the game, say a new version was available and then the PS3 would restart.

I've had that problem when I had to download the characters, but to fix the problem at least for me is to delete the game data, and download it all again.

When it says to update, wait a bit before confirming it, don't do it right away.

I couldn't even download the patch when I tried earlier, it'd boot the game, say a new version was available and then the PS3 would restart.

You're going want to do the second thing from what I posted above. Wait a bit before you update it.

shaowebb

Yeah Lobo is gonna see some usage now. Couldn't keep the bastich away from me and his low kick into overhead hook charge was hard to react to. Especially when he would sometimes go into low pumpshot instead. From most areas of the screen he was still a threat and by loading at the end of combos like GA the dude always had some looooong range firepower.

Expect him to show up more. Also Bane is really really easy to get going now with the health buffs. Essentially if you didn't hit him during Debuff expect him to always be enjoying a damage reduction that makes a serious difference.

BTW a lot of random whifs have happened today for various cast. Be on the lookout as its possible some hitboxes were adjusted. My bud's Superman BnB was now dropping on low scoop most of the day in the lab and for some reason Bane's Infinite Crisis in the corner whifs the second hit on Superman in the corner. Its really odd.

Horseress

I've had that problem when I had to download the characters, but to fix the problem at least for me is to delete the game data, and download it all again.

When it says to update, wait a bit before confirming it, don't do it right away.

You're going want to do the second thing from what I posted above. Wait a bit before you update it.

Thanks guys, deleting the game data worked o/

tim1138

I'll give it a shot this afternoon, thanks.

shaowebb

This patch is good in a lot of subtle ways. Green Arrow using the Chris G midscreen combo now nets 44% thanks to the B3 buff. Nice.

shaowebb

I have spent WAY too much on this version of the game to rebuy it as a GOTY edition. I'd double dip for a PC version though just to fix Raven's model, but exclusive cast to GOTY is silly. Offer it up as DLC to those that supported the first one and already paid for the rest of the content. Dont burn your old market to draw in new sales.

TDLink

So no more skins or characters confirmed? Despite Boon playing up that more skins were in the works? What a bummer.

Or are they just going to release additional stuff still as DLC, even for "ultimate edition" owners?

Khezu

So no more skins or characters confirmed? Despite Boon playing up that more skins were in the works? What a bummer.

Or are they just going to release additional stuff still as DLC, even for "ultimate edition" owners?

In the press release, they said it comes with all DLC to date, so there is still hope for more skins.

Mostly related to Arkham Origins.

Top Bottom