• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

Regarding Lobo: where did that pic come from originally? It looks a lot like a PSN download icon (square shape, blurry background, logo up top), and if that's the case, he might be releasing a lot sooner than we think.

tkscz

Where's my eShop download Nintendo? Wtf?

Ask WB games, it's up to them after all.

Strange though, as Batman AC is on the eShop.

Edit: Just saw the commercial, eShop was on it, so it'll be up on the eshop, more than likely on Thursday.

Regarding Lobo: where did that pic come from originally? It looks a lot like a PSN download icon (square shape, blurry background, logo up top), and if that's the case, he might be releasing a lot sooner than we think.
There was a picture and I missed it?!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Reviews are going up, IGN 8.2.

+Great use of DC characters
+Improved, unique mechanics
+Surprisingly strong story

– Some rough cutscenes
– Questionable balance

and for the record, they gave MK an 8.

SmokeMaxX

If a reviewer isn't a tournament player, they shouldn't review how "spam-heavy" or "well-balanced" the game is. I can't believe Injustice got docked points for that. I don't even really care that much about the game (aside from the fact that it's a new fighting game) but I don't see them docking off points because the SMGs in Call of Duty are too "spam-heavy."

Chairhome

Reviews are going up, IGN US 8.2.

Just watched the video review, man, I'm so hyped now. I laughed at the opening remarks though. Paraphrasing: "DC has struggled to make a good game with their heroes, who knew all they needed to do was let MK creators make a fighting game where their heroes and villians could beat the snot out of each other"....

Has MK vs DC been retconned? :p

Kizer

If a reviewer isn't a tournament player, they shouldn't review how "spam-heavy" or "well-balanced" the game is. I can't believe Injustice got docked points for that....but I don't see them docking off points because the SMGs in Call of Duty are too "spam-heavy."

^

I think it's fair to point out that some of the characters are clearly stronger than others, even if you don't play in tournaments. This was raised very early on when people began playing, so it reflects a general view.

Kizer

I think it's fair to point out that some of the characters are clearly stronger than others, even if you don't play in tournaments. This was raised very early on when people began playing, so it reflects a general view.

But if you do not have a strong background in such things, you are probably wrong. Most casuals complained about sentinel until they installed windows 8 on it. It was never that over powered to begin with and now it is just an assist character at best.

These things take time to realize who is really strong and who isn't. If high level players with strong backgrounds can't agree upon something, a run of the mill reviewer sure as hell isn't going to know.

Can anyone confirm that Zombie mode is just character skin changes? I might sell mine off if its just that.
It looked that way, but I can't really confirm nor deny that since there wasn't a lot of discussion about it.

SmokeMaxX

What does that even mean? Give these guys vanilla Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and then see if they can do shit with Dante/Tron/Phoenix. Or Zero/Tron/Phoenix. They don't know what characters are good yet because all they can see is "oh this guy can hit me in the head over and over with a boulder. He's clearly the best in the game."

What does that even mean? Give these guys vanilla Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and then see if they can do shit with Dante/Tron/Phoenix. Or Zero/Tron/Phoenix. They don't know what characters are good yet because all they can see is "oh this guy can hit me in the head over and over with a boulder. He's clearly the best in the game."

I understand what you're saying, but should the reviewer ignore any character balancing entirely?

Question for those with the game already (picking mine up soon) are there any unlockable costumes that can only be gotten through the iOS game?

Kizer

I understand what you're saying, but should the reviewer ignore any character balancing entirely?

they should ignore topic they do not understand, yes. Their job is to give the public accurate information. If they can not provide accurate and on point feedback on something, they should not give feedback on it at all.

Damned casuals, thinking they can have opinions on games.

Just because you have an opinion does not mean you have an argument or that your opinion is actually based on anything.

DR2K

Banned
Dudebro the story. Lol

Story is very short, and doesn't offer many characters to play as. Felt rushed at the end. Overall it was solid and enjoyable. Missions on the other hand are the meat of the single player game. Looks fun.

I think the hidden 3 star content will be an outfit WW wore in story. Just a guess.

SmokeMaxX

I don't see why it matters since their idea of character balance is likely very wrong. As stated above, Sentinel was near-unbeatable even by Justin Wong in early Marvel 3 days. Now he'd be considered one of the worst characters in the game if his assist wasn't amazing. Sentinel struggles to do well even on a casual level because people actually know how to play the game now. If they want to complain about their perceived notion of balance, that's fine but don't make that a negative in the review. Someone should go check the Tekken 3 review and see if it had "balance sucks" under negatives because you can spam both kick buttons with Eddy and Law.
Damned casuals, thinking they can have opinions on games.

They can have an opinion on games- they're reviewers after all. It's just that they shouldn't dock off points because of a subjective opinion. If frame rate drops, that's one thing. If loading times are slow that's another. If a character has a move that crashes the game, take away as many points as you want. "I don't know how to play this game, but some dude keeps kicking my ass. Let's bring that down from a 8.5 to a 7.5." That's what bothers me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Or like that preview for Marvel 3 that claimed Arthur was broken. They were like "oh he's such a spammy character I hope they fix that for the final game!" It's like shit, that's the point of the character. You take that away from him and that's a different character.

Chairhome

Is this game friendly for kids? Want to gift it for my brother's kid.

It's rated T, I think it's okay for kids.

I kind of want to play in front of my son, but after seeing deathstroke's super where he's shooting up and stabbing someone, I think I'll pass on that. Haha. To be fair, my son is 3 years old. I'd be comfortable playing in front of someone 10 and up though.

DR2K

Banned

How do you have an objective view of balance at such a low level(like most players are)? It's something that takes weeks or more for mid to high level players to deduce.

Shito

they should ignore topic they do not understand, yes. Their job is to give the public accurate information. If they can not provide accurate and on point feedback on something, they should not give feedback on it at all.
To be fair, +90% of the people they are giving their feedbacks to are not tournament players neither, and will be stuck in the "casual" area of balance as well.
Simply put, their feedback will probably be accurate for a large majority of their readers.

SmokeMaxX said:
As stated above, Sentinel was near-unbeatable even by Justin Wong in early Marvel 3 days. Now he'd be considered one of the worst characters in the game if his assist wasn't amazing.
Because he was nerfed.

Top Bottom