• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

I've finished the unlock sharing from last night so I'll be doing a final round of iOS costume unlock sharing (detailed in this post) later on in the day to celebrate the release. It'll probably be sometime late afternoon EST. Have your WBID email and password (feel free to temporarily change it if you'd like) ready to PM me with when I'll be accepting submissions.

SmokeMaxX

For those of you on the 360 how are u finding the controller for this game? I have a Hori EX2 stick that I have barely used but I am wondering if this is the game I should try and learn a stick on or just stick with the crappy Xbox controller?

I only tried using the stick a couple times and got frustrated with it, I know I need to give it more of a chance.

You may be getting frustrated because your stick has low-quality parts. I learned on an EX2 and it's fine, but if you're dedicated to learning on stick, I'd definitely recommend getting a better one. If you want, you can send me a PM and I can help you look and even find you a great deal on a great stick. That being said, please make sure that you only buy a stick if you really want one and/or are dedicated to learning on it. It's a fairly big investment and some people just don't like stick over controller.

Either way should be fine though. I play most fighters on a competitive level with stick, but I'm learning this one on the WiiU GamePad.

Kizer

I think you're getting hung up on what is but a poor way to phrase an opinion.
Sure saying that some moves are "spammable" is not great in itself, but you can probably understand what he meant by that, and you can probably understand that at a casual level it could indeed very well be the case. Heck, we were speaking about noobs getting spammed by boulders without any idea on how to evade this earlier in the thread!
It does not mean that the game is badly balanced, just that it will probably discourage a handful of people who have no notion whatsoever of fighting games, and in his opinion this is a negative point.
I'm not saying I agree with him, just that I don't see the point in criticizing this particular point of his when he could very well be right for a good part of the people that will start playing this game.
It's really not nearly as bad as stating some false facts like "there is no zoning in Darkstalkers".

What would be cool, though, is if game reviewers started giving a little feedback on what kind of players they are and what kind of opinion they will therefore share in their reviews, instead of the "know all be all" kind of mentality a lot of them are currently showing.
In short, I don't agree when you say "if you don't know, just shut up", I'd rather say "if you don't know, give your opinion, but also tell your audience you're not a high authority in the matter, and are giving your opinion as a casual player of the genre". Because those opinions can also be useful to some.

It is their job to convey their opinion in a clear way, right? So I think it's fair to get hung up on how they choose to articulate their thoughts. That wasn't them saying "At my current level, the game is like this". What he is saying is "This is how the game is, period." and that is misinformation. I get that this is their opinion and I am not saying that you agree with it or anything else. I am conveying my opinion on the situation of those who are ultimately unqualified to talk about such things as "balance" getting a podium to speak their uneducated opinions to the masses. That is all.

Castef

Banned
And here is my review on IGN Italy.

I know, i know... it is in italian... :D

By the way, I'm quite impressed by the game. Really packed with contents and respectful of the characters.

Most of all, very fun to play.

I just hate the "press 2 button to unleash the super-mega-move" thing. :(

Shito

Do they dock points from Marvel for imbalance? Call of Duty? Street Fighter? Why is Injustice singled out for such an absurd argument?
I wouldn't mind them doing so.
And ideally I'd rather have them not giving any score or points, just opinions.

Kizer said:
It is their job to convey their opinion in a clear way, right? So I think it's fair to get hung up on how they choose to articulate their thoughts. That wasn't them saying "At my current level, the game is like this". What he is saying is "This is how the game is, period." and that is misinformation. I get that this is their opinion and I am not saying that you agree with it or anything else. I am conveying my opinion on the situation of those who are ultimately unqualified to talk about such things as "balance" getting a podium to speak their uneducated opinions to the masses. That is all.
Fair enough, I think in the end we more or less agree on what reviews SHOULD be like. ^^

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hadn't followed this too closely. Which platform is better for this?

Controls aren't an issue.

I double-dipped on MK and found it pretty much the same on both systems, but the online was much better on 360- I kept having issues with connections dropping on the PS3 version. Only happened with that game.

So definitely just 360 for me this time. Will get a Vita version if they make one.

Edit- From the review thread:

One of the game testers just recently posted on another forum that the PS3 version has longer load times and the graphics are not as good.

He tested the game on 360 and just played the PS3 version recently.

So laaame.. Gotten the pre-order stuff from GameStop, but lost the receipt.. I went back to see if they could print it out. And well don't do that, they also don't have email'd codes. So, i'm Red Son-less. :(

You may be getting frustrated because your stick has low-quality parts. I learned on an EX2 and it's fine, but if you're dedicated to learning on stick, I'd definitely recommend getting a better one. If you want, you can send me a PM and I can help you look and even find you a great deal on a great stick. That being said, please make sure that you only buy a stick if you really want one and/or are dedicated to learning on it. It's a fairly big investment and some people just don't like stick over controller.

Either way should be fine though. I play most fighters on a competitive level with stick, but I'm learning this one on the WiiU GamePad.

thanks

So laaame.. Gotten the pre-order stuff from GameStop, but lost the receipt.. I went back to see if they could print it out. And well don't do that, they also don't have email'd codes. So, i'm Red Son-less. :(

They should be able to reprint the receipt for you if you go to the store.

Anbec7

So... has anyone received their Arrow skin DLC? I really want that one.
Also about Deathstroke seriously user Ollie you can fire arrows while crouching and if you change to the down down arrow (forgot the name) the explosive causes knockdown and can help you get in.

My only issue is with the Ravens that can grab you from afar if you don't block well :p

Alienous

You bought those Red-Son codes by pre-ordering.

If I were you I'd go back to GameStop and kick up a stink. If it wasn't what you purchased, in its entirety, you should have the right to return it.

(They'll give you a code if you make your point heard. At least, it's like that in the good ol' UK).

Your receipt has the date and time of your purchase as proof of their incompetence. If it didn't have the Red Son code then you absolutely should go back and kick up a stink as Alienous said.

Kizer

they can give you a new receit, but it probably won't have the code. Some places might offer to give you a back up code, but they could end up getting into trouble for that, so they might opt not to.

SmokeMaxX

From my experience, Gamestop can reprint receipts. They might not know how to do it, but I had a manager get told by corporate how to do it when I needed mine reprinted for something. It took an hour on the phone, but he got it done.

Alfredo

What's the stick layout that people are using in the game?

While playing the PS3 demo with the controller config bug, I've been thinking about:

[light] [medium] [meter]
[heavy] [power] [interact]

And just using whatever shortcuts for throw and super.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The flow of story mode is better than most big FPS games. I love how it feels like there's no loading between cutscenes and matches

Are you on PS3 or 360?

because:

One of the game testers just recently posted on another forum that the PS3 version has longer load times and the graphics are not as good.

He tested the game on 360 and just played the PS3 version recently.

I hope that's not true...

SmokeMaxX

Light + Medium = Stage interaction
Light + Heavy = Throw
Light + Medium + Heavy = Meter
Medium+ Heavy + Meter = Super
Medium + Heavy = Stance
Stance + Meter = Super

Hmmm. It'd be kinda weird, but I might do this if I decide to use stick
[Heavy] [Medium] [Meter]
[Light] [Power]

Or

[Light] [Medium] [Meter]
[Heavy] [Power] [Stance]

The themes are 1) Keeping the throw buttons similar to SF4 so it's natural. 2) Making it feel natural to Super on reaction. For the first (weird) layout, I start a lot of my chains with lk in Street Fighter (Bison) so the button is the same for me. For the second layout, you can super by doing HP/HK. I guess I'd have to actually try some of this stuff out before I come up with something better.

Ryce

I hope that's not true...
If he tested the 360 version weeks/months ago and then only recently played it on PS3, I wouldn't really take what he says as fact. It's not like he was playing them side by side. Different TVs/settings would make the game look different, etc.

I mean, I own every major console, and I'm going with the PS3 version because I prefer its controller for fighting games (I'm not an arcade stick guy). I can't speak to the final version of the game, but the 360 demo didn't impress me any more than the PS3 version did.

PS3.

Also online works! Don't know if im just lucky today. I'm in the Philippines and connections suck here. So I am pleasantly surprised.

So far the netcode feels good.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I kinda want to buy this on PS3 but the PS4 will be out by the end of the year with no BC >_>

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is 60 bucks worth 7.5 months of Injustice time?

I'd feel better if I knew Boon was going to port the ULTIMATE Edition to next gen consoles with all DLC and 2 new fighters

I might buy the Wii U but I can't deal with the pad for combos

BurningNad

Just bought this on impulse at Toys R Us, got a free Batman action figure and Prima guide with it. Justified the purchase, thank you based TRU.

So far all my online matches have been completely flawless. Not even a hint of lag. This game really needs some sort of dash cancel though. Game is great though. Loving Harley.

Ryce

I'm confused as to which reviews should be included in the OT. So far I've only gone with the places that I've actually heard of (if I'm going to link to some random Swedish blog, then I might as well include GAF user reviews), but I don't want people to think I'm being too selective or biased.

SmokeMaxX

are those sticks the same size as a TE stick or the cheap Hori stick?

They're the same size as a Standard Edition stick (the smaller white ones, not the Tournament Edition) or the WWE Brawl Sticks. They use better Sanwa CLONES than the Standard Edition and equal to the WWE Brawl Stick. I think they look nice and you can get them for pretty cheap. They're also pretty easy to mod.

Karak

So far all my online matches have been completely flawless. Not even a hint of lag. This game really needs some sort of dash cancel though. Game is great though. Loving Harley.

I had a couple hiccups during my review but it was rare. To be honest its the one thing I worried about as the game got released but I am hearing this echoed a great deal. Super great news.

Ryce

Prediction: Lobo will be released April 30. We had to wait until June for MK9's first character, so hopefully this pans out.

1. The leaked image is identical in scale and style to the DLC tiles hosted on Sony's servers -- square-shaped, character over a background, and the game logo up top.

M1rXh1f.png

Why would Lobo's picture be on Sony's servers if a release wasn't imminent?

2. MK9's DLC characters were released approximately two weeks after being revealed. Lobo was set to be revealed last night, with April 30 being two weeks from today.

Top Bottom