• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Playing with a group at student lounge. One fucking dude keeps on crying on how I'm not trying to go for the stupid stage transitions. So I guess people are going to eat those up.

FaintDeftone

Game is fun, my main concern are the spammy characters. On the Biant Bomb's quick look they tried playing online and there were players selecting Deathstroke and only spamming his machine gun attack argh...

There was a guy doing that on the Twitch streams I watched and it looked annoying as hell. Luckily some guy came in and punished him using Green Arrow.

So what are some of the better characters or is the game pretty balanced?

Also anyone on the 360 feel free to add me, I am not the best at fighters but I do want to put some time in this one and hopefully learn my stick that ive barely used

TDLink

After playing a little of all 3 versions I think Wii U is clearly the best one in all regards (though they are all somewhat close to eachother). PS3 easily seems to be the weakest (though that is the one I bought, but that's ok, it still is fine).

Only thing holding the Wii U one back is lack of the Season Pass, which is bizarre. If I had the console though I would probably get this game for it.

Linkhero1

I've asked before but want to make sure one more time before getting the Wii U one. Does it support Wiimote + Wii Classic Controller? I can't play with the Wii U Pro at all.

I've asked before but want to make sure one more time before getting the Wii U one. Does it support Wiimote + Wii Classic Controller? I can't play with the Wii U Pro at all.

Yes sir.

After playing a little of all 3 versions I think Wii U is clearly the best one in all regards (though they are all somewhat close to eachother). PS3 easily seems to be the weakest (though that is the one I bought, but that's ok, it still is fine).

Only thing holding the Wii U one back is lack of the Season Pass, which is bizarre. If I had the console though I would probably get this game for it.

Could you elaborate a little more on the bolded? Visually and performance-wise?

M_A_C

Are you talking about graphics mainly or what? Oh man I was all set to get the PS3 version!

Gartooth

Going with PS3 just because the online community will probably be larger. Hearing that the performance differences are mostly negligible is good to hear though.

TDLink

Could you elaborate a little more on the bolded? Visually and performance-wise?

Are you talking about graphics mainly or what? Oh man I was all set to get the PS3 version!

Yeah I have the PS3 version and my friend bought the Wii U version. We have been going back and forth on which we are playing.

Wii U looks graphically a little better/smoother, performs better (some frame stutters on PS3), better load times.

Also have gotten some weird camera bugs at times on PS3 which I haven't yet encountered on Wii U.

Haven't tried Online on either yet.

Overall the PS3 version is still fine/good though so if that is the only console you can buy it on (like me) I would still go for it.

Grimsen

finished arcade mode with Deathstroke, nice to see endings there.

Just finished some training mode, gonna see how it is online. Game is great so far. Combos aren't that difficult.

Kizer

Heaven forbid people have to spend 5 minutes thinking about where the holes in characters' zoning are. I guarantee that 99% of the Deathstrokes/Sinestros/etc aren't even doing it smartly at this point. They're just doing shit from full screen without thinking about it, and people are getting socked by it because they're just doing shit without thinking about it themselves.

^ You see this guy? He gets it.

kyo27

Has anyone walked in to walmart to buy without preordering? Does the game come packaged with Arkham Skins and MK vs DC??

Yea its packaged together. I didn't preorder and just walked in and got it. There were two copies left, me and the guy in front of me bought the last two.

SUPARSTARX

I think when the dust settles... the real projectile winners are gonna be the ones that can delay shots, not spam them.

You can change significant game mechanics in the options, but man faces on females and janky animation was non negotiable.

I'm pretty sure they modeled Injustice's Wonder Woman after Chyna. LOL
4e5deeaa-da52-4b91-a66a-337974abb78b.Large.jpg

Skilletor

There's gonna be far less people playing online on the Wii U version, too.

If online is bad, I won't care too much about that.

Not having sticks for the Wii U cements my decision, though. Heading out to pick up a copy for 360 now!

Despite you being on my friendlists, and playing fighters all the time, I don't think I've played you in a game yet. We must remedy this. :p

Just a reminder that I'll be doing the iOS alternate costume sharing in a few hours. You'll have a limited time to get your PMs in as I don't want to get flooded.

You have to commit and dial in your inputs. Otherwise you will drop a lot of stuff and they will feel clunky.

If it helps, you can turn off the negative edge in the options.

I like to tell people it's more akin to a 3D game where the animations are deliberate and there are more frames of animation. A 3D game confined to a 2D space if you will. For some folks it still feels clunky but I can understand where they're coming from.

You can change significant game mechanics in the options, but man faces on females and janky animation was non negotiable.

WW and Raven I can see, but Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Harley and Catwoman look fine enough. Not every female in a game has to be attractive/have typical fighting game anime aesthetics, especially when they're warriors.

TDLink

If online is bad, I won't care too much about that.

Not having sticks for the Wii U cements my decision, though. Heading out to pick up a copy for 360 now!

Despite you being on my friendlists, and playing fighters all the time, I don't think I've played you in a game yet. We must remedy this. :p

Pretty sure the TvC stick works on Wii U.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I beat a shitty Death stroke with Sinestro after watching a bit of Art's tutorial. Dude was complaining I was out zoning him lol idk what I'm doing. Thank you Art

Xevren

To anyone on the fence thinking about getting the guide, don't. It's really poorly written. It has some good stuff in it, but for the most part you can just look stuff up on test your might anyway.

This move is great to use because it's unsafe and can be full combo punished.

REALLY?! smh

At least it was free, so whatever.

Terrell

Pretty sure the TvC stick works on Wii U.
It does, any game that supports the Classic Controller supports the TvC stick.
And as said earlier, there's a $15 adapter that lets you use PS3/360 sticks with Wii U.

It's funny... by all accounts in this thread, we might be able to say "Wii U definitive version confirmed" without it being a joke post.

Nobody would have seen that coming.

M_A_C

To anyone on the fence thinking about getting the guide, don't. It's really poorly written. It has some good stuff in it, but for the most part you can just look stuff up on test your might anyway.

This move is great to use because it's unsafe and can be full combo punished.

REALLY?! smh

At least it was free, so whatever.

Thanks for the info man, i was thinking of going to TRU because they are giving it free.

And as said earlier, there's a $15 adapter that lets you use PS3/360 sticks with Wii U.

It's funny... by all accounts in this thread, we might be able to say "Wii U definitive version confirmed" without it being a joke post.

Sorry, but whats this adaptor you speak of?

W Hudson

Anybody got a good Flash bnb combo? Not much on him on TYM that I can find. I'm struggling to link things together with him, seems like his trait is really important to getting big damage.

Sanic

It would be reeeallly great if one of you guys with the Wii U version could hop online for just a bit to report back :p

K.Sabot

It's so hard to confirm combos online, especially if you're a character who doesn't have a good aerial move like The Flash.

TDLink

Even if it is better in every other way it really can't be the definitive version until it gets the DLC and other costumes that the other versions already have through various means. It's pretty dumb that there isn't even a place to do the WBID link for the iOS stuff.

Effect

So there are no menu options (compared with the PS3/360 version) that would lead one to believe the Wii U version would get DLC?

Linkhero1

I got the Wii U version. Add me if you want to play. NNID is the same as my username on gaf.

So there are no menu options (compared with the PS3/360 version) that would lead one to believe the Wii U version would get DLC?

The box says DLC on it, so I assume we'll eventually get it.

Edit: Beatennnnnnnnn

Nori Chan

So all of the iOS unlocks came through successfully and I'm really happy about it. No headaches that went through with the WBID. Just curious on how the mobile logins would work cause IDK if anybody got that yet. Thanks to Ryce again for helping me with the last reward. That certainly would've taken forever.

Top Bottom