• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

vocab

PSN online play is pretty laggy so far. A pretty big input delay on all of the matches I've played. Definitely not as solid as SSFIV is.

Online players right now are definitely just spamming whatever their favorite attack is, so the wins are ripe for the picking.

So would you recommend to avoid the game all together?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Finding lots of people online who just like jumping forward and/or running right into projectiles. Had a guy rage quit after he kept jumping into Harley's gunfire repeatedly. Just...LOL.

I saw a guy raging in a lobby that Nightwing was cheap as fuck because the other player kept doing the shock attack and he would not jump over it and just kept dashing into it. I have seen some terrible day one fighting game stuff but I think the general populous of this game specifically is on something special.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I saw a guy raging in a lobby that Nightwing was cheap as fuck because the other player kept doing the shock attack and he would not jump over it and just kept dashing into it. I have seen some terrible day one fighting game stuff but I think the general populous of this game specifically is on something special.

Yes, there is a special kind of dumbness going on online right now. Never seen it this bad before...and these are dudes that have clearly already sunk hours into the game based on the XP alone. o_O

Meanwhile, I got absolutely destroyed by a Sinestro. Easy enough to avoid his projectiles, but that downward attack from above just shut me down in combination with the other zoning.

SmokeMaxX

Quick question for those who have used the Injustice fight stick : How is it? I've only owned one fight stick before (T v C stick for the Wii) and I don't know too much about TE quality sticks. W would it be okay if I don't modify it?

It's an "okay" stick if it's not modified. It'll obviously not be up to Sanwa quality. Buttons and stick won't be as responsive and may go out in the near future (or may not). If you had the choice between it and a TE, I'd say get a TE, but it's not a bad stick to learn a game with. Certainly better than an EX2 or an SE. Probably a little better than the TvC stick.

It's an "okay" stick if it's not modified. It'll obviously not be up to Sanwa quality. Buttons and stick won't be as responsive and may go out in the near future (or may not). If you had the choice between it and a TE, I'd say get a TE, but it's not a bad stick to learn a game with. Certainly better than an EX2 or an SE. Probably a little better than the TvC stick.

Thanks Yaari and SmokeMaxX.

There is a shop that has a SF x T stick. Should I just return my Battle Edition and just get that and the reg. edition of the game?

SmokeMaxX

Thanks Yaari and SmokeMaxX.

There is a shop that has a SF x T stick. Should I just return my Battle Edition and just get that and the reg. edition of the game?
Well, depends if you like the Battle Edition stick. I mean, it's a cool stick and I'm getting one. It lights up and everything. If you think you'd like the stick, by all means get it. If you want the best stick for your money, then I don't think this is it. I would say that it's worth the price they're asking for though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone else playing with a Madcatz TE stick? What's your layout?

I'm using a modified setup from how I set mine up for MK9:

L MB M I/T (can't remember, don't use it since I use the 2 button version for either)
H S P T/I

For reference my MK layout was:

FP B FK
BP S BK

SUPARSTARX

Anyone else playing with a Madcatz TE stick? What's your layout?

I'm using a modified setup from how I set mine up for MK9:

L MB M I/T (can't remember, don't use it since I use the 2 button version for either)
H S P T/I

For reference my MK layout was:

FP B FK
BP S BK

L, M, Meter, Interactable
H, Power, Flip, Throw

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
How different is Lex compared to the demo version? He seemed pretty nuts with all of his tools and that crazy ass jump heavy attack.

W Hudson

Wow Green Lantern is outstanding in this game. People seem to love jumping in, and his lift move has great range and is amazing for anti-air. Plus you can meter burn it into a pretty nice combo. Good zoning too. Went 29-1 with him in online player matches, granted seemed like most people I played were still figuring the game out.

phaonaut

Only got to play for a few hours, but single player has been awesome.

Played a few online matches, my nightwing was getting zoned by a killer frost so I switched to ares and teleports shut that shit down. It was great.

Khezu

Can someone link to Doomsdays alt Skins? Also, how do I unlock them? :O

We have only seen his normal one, and his regime one.

Weird thing though, if you use Doomsday on the solitude level, he wears a different costume then the one you are using, however if do Doomsday vs Doomsday in his normal and regime costume, the Doomsday in the background wears his classic green suit costume.

No idea if its unlockable, but they did model it.

RS4-

I don't get it, how do they overlook quick rematch? Why do me and my friend have to keep on going back to the select screen.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Aquaman looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to try him out. I would've had a few minutes today, but the PS store never updated.

Lots of zoners on Art's stream. Hope it doesn't get too frustrating online, if I like this enough to play randoms.

Anbec7

How does the mic works?
I´m hosting a KoH in PSN and telling people to use challenges or the chat! :S but I don´t know if they hear me :/

If you wanna join (currently full) the name is "1Kingofthehill" hurray for originality! haha

Grimsen

I really like all the little details in this game. The great training mode, the move list with the starred moves, all the modes, the unlockables. It's also not that demanding input-wise so far. I usually hate links and JFs.

Tried Deathstroke, and I actually liked his combos. I tried to play him in-&-out as opposed to constant zoning, and it was pretty fun.

Wow Green Lantern is outstanding in this game. People seem to love jumping in, and his lift move has great range and is amazing for anti-air. Plus you can meter burn it into a pretty nice combo. Good zoning too. Went 29-1 with him in online player matches, granted seemed like most people I played were still figuring the game out.

GL's the second character I've been using, what do you combo with after the EX lift?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got the ios stuff to trigger, Batman Beyond suit looks great even though I still have no intention on every really using him. Still haven't even touched half of the cast but I am liking Aquaman and Harley a lot.

How different is Lex compared to the demo version? He seemed pretty nuts with all of his tools and that crazy ass jump heavy attack.

seems pretty similar. i keep readjusting what i think of him, but right now hes like sf4 guile. i just can't get people off of me unless i take huge risks.

Top Bottom