• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Bsigg12

Does anybody know where I can get the Walmart code for the skins for cheap? Ebay is a bit outrageous with the pricing there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have been seeing a pretty good variety of characters online, and not more than 1-2 deathstrokes so far. I've seen superman and bane the most, and people really try to scrub it up with bane venom wakeup super. I think it does 54% or something and it being a grab has caught some people off guard.

NFreak

Deathstroke blows that up for free though as his gun moves were made for ripping through armored moves (CDJr's own words).

This is basically my experience with zoning characters. Guess I just gotta learn to play against him though. Thanks for the other tips guys.

Ferrio

Banned
Variation of it ya.. not sure if I like B22 to start with though.

Ending with the bombs might be nice to get a free trait item too, gives you ton of breathing room.

Okay.. just realized you can follow up a jump in with B22. Brings my combo up to 38% one meter.

I found out why I wasn't able to do jump in combos... I kept thinking they were links like any SF type game... but seems any jump in can chain into any ground move.

DR2K

Banned
I was thinking about getting this but I want to know if the netcode is good first. Street fighter 4 green bar level is acceptable.

Its SFIV level, very close.
Wait until ChrisG plays in a tournament. He has already said that's who he's using and he helped test the game.

If he finds something game breaking or crippling it won't matter since NRS gives a fuck about their game.

MGrant

Loving Hawkgirl so far. I'm sure there will be some nice fly-unfly combos eventually. What I'm using right now is LMH>wallbounce>divekick for midscreen, but the link between the H and the wallbounce is really tight. Any better ways to hitconfirm into wallbounce for her?

KevinCow

Banned
I'm loving Doomsday and Hawkgirl. Doomsday because he's basically a spiky grey Hulk, and Hawkgirl because the sound of smacking people with the mace is so satisfying.

Deathstroke spammers are pretty fun to deal with.

Doomsday? Throw on armor and just walk through the bullets like I don't give a fuck. Alternatively, EX jumping slam to close the distance instantly.

Hawkgirl? Yeah okay, you keep shooting down there, I'll just be up here flying over that shit. They don't seem to realize they can shoot in the air.

AdamMPSP

Picked it up on Wii U tonight through the eshop. Took 4 hours to download on my pretty fast cable internet. Then 45 minutes to install. Really hope they work on that.

That said, loving the game, more than I thought I would. Have only done Story mode so far. I'm 40% in. Although I can't compare it to the other versions, I didn't notice the video compression that Jeff Gerstmann mentioned, and I'm usually pretty picky about that stuff. Looks gorgeous. Digging the silly story, they do a really good job of making all the characters badass, even ones I have never cared about.

Like many here, I hope they patch the Wii U version to add private match and DLC. But even if they don't, I don't regret my purchase.

Sigmaah

Liking Deathstroke and Nightwing, always loved Slade from teen titans and Nightwing seems like an intense rushdown character which is what I like. What does Deathstrokes trait do?

If anyone ever wants to play add me on XBL, GT is Sigmaah

Terrell

Wow, the game's getting GUTTED on Miiverse for lacking friend matches. Yet people are somehow blaming Nintendo...?

I'll never understand some people.

SmokeMaxX

Wow, the game's getting GUTTED on Miiverse for lacking friend matches. Yet people are somehow blaming Nintendo...?

I'll never understand some people.

You know, I think Nintendo really scrambled with their online. Something's obvious up with it for every company who's implemented online to be having issues. Injustice doesn't have all the features; NFS only has 6 cars per race; Call of Duty had issues where you couldn't do certain actions while in the multiplayer part of the game; Pretty much no game has DLC.
As much as I'd love to blame devs that hate the WiiU, there has to be something going on from Nintendo's end.

TentPole

A random person on the internet told me that you can get banned from tournament for projectile spamming. That's BS right?

Yeah GG's, I need to stop dropping my combos and LOL man Frost can abuse some stages hazards so badly xD

After you left I ended up beating the crap out of that guy who Sinestro'ed you and he quit immediately... felt good.

SmokeMaxX

A random person on the internet told me that you can get banned from tournament for projectile spamming. That's BS right?

lol...
EDIT: There are very few things that will cause you to get banned from a tournament. There are even fewer things you can do in-game that will cause you to get banned.

TentPole

lol...
EDIT: There are very few things that will cause you to get banned from a tournament. There are even fewer things you can do in-game that will cause you to get banned.

I assumed he was full of crap, but I don't play many fighting games and definitely don't know anything about tournament rules. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Disappointed to hear about the problems with the Wii U version. Guess I'll be holding out for the Komplete Edition and just grabbing it on PS3 when t's cheap.

After you left I ended up beating the crap out of that guy who Sinestro'ed and he quit immediatly... felt good.

The most popular fighting game's (Marvel3) best player (arguably) has the mother of all spamming techniques down and has taken tournament after tournament with it.

I've gotten all but two battle mode classics done and have to say the endings are pretty disappointing. I can count on one hand the amount of cameos and they're pretty much all dull. MVC3 had just two screens and some dialogue as well but at least there were tons of cameos and crazy situations.

sephi22

A random person on the internet told me that you can get banned from tournament for projectile spamming. That's BS right?.
Not only is that false, that's really really stupid.
Reminds me of players pulling out guns/knives when they were thrown in SF2 arcades.

But yeah, Day 1 scrubs hate projectile spam. I'm Aquaman so I give 0 fucks

SmokeMaxX

Disappointed to hear about the problems with the Wii U version. Guess I'll be holding out for the Komplete Edition and just grabbing it on PS3 when t's cheap.
I guess it depends what you want with the WiiU version. Aside from the online issues, many people are saying it's at least superior (graphically/load times) to the PS3 version.
HOLY SHIT. Never heard that one.

Yeah that was the norm back in the day. Throws were serious business. Also, I almost got beat up by someone like 3 times my age for turtling the entire match. I mean just literally getting a hit and blocking for the rest of the round.

Top Bottom