• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

What's up with Grundy's chain combos? I rarely get to even the second chain.

Do the command right before the impact of the last hit.

"Minimal educational tools"

How valid is that criticisim? I saw some guy playing training mode on twitch.tv and it had a lot of nice indicators(like which moves were unblockable). Also frame data for people that like seeing that stuff.

It has a very robust training mode but yes, there is no tutorial to teach you fighting game fundamentals/how to beat actual humans. It's an unfortunate problem for most fighting games ever released.

Beckx

Earlier on, someone also mentioned the Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick in combination with this game. If it works good, I might also consider that. I no longer have a Wii Mote though so getting that running would be quite a hassle. Any impressions on that?

The TvC stick is very nice, but you should really upgrade it with arcade quality parts - but that's easy and even rolling that into the cost, the stick is a nice value. I love mine. Yes, you'll need a wiimote too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm really hesitant about the lag... it's bad enough on "good" netcode.

Who you maining?

It's not really input delay, the game makes you put the combos in ahead of time even offline. It's just the style of the game, so you cant say see if your jab hits then do the follow up, you gotta be doing it all at once.

Like for instance killer frost has a 1, 1, 3, 3 combo but if you go 1, 1, wait 3 it wont come out you literally gotta go 1,1, 3,3 all back to back right away

supahkiwi

Banned
The TvC stick is very nice, but you should really upgrade it with arcade quality parts - but that's easy and even rolling that into the cost, the stick is a nice value. I love mine. Yes, you'll need a wiimote too.

There's also a Hori based fightstick fitted with Hori parts. You might find one at your local gamestop (that's where I found mine)

RobbieNick

Anyone else think Batman's default costume is shit? I like the alternate just fine, but his regular costume is horrible. Makes an even worse action figure if you've seen it.

Requiem

I wasn't expecting my learning curve to be so steep :(

It was so easy for me to get into UMvC3; coming to this is like learning how to walk all over. Are there any good tutorial videos I can watch? Basics of juggling and what chains together? Also are there any character training videos?

I like Green Arrow a lot though, so it's looking like he'll be my main...I like shootin stuff....

kyo27

Anyone else think Batman's default costume is shit? I like the alternate just fine, but his regular costume is horrible. Makes an even worse action figure if you've seen it.

Yea I hate it. It's part of the reason I bought this at Walmart so I could use his Arkham City skin instead.

Beat the story mode.

Pretty cool story.

Time to learn how to actually play the game lol

Read if you beat the game.. what I mention is sort of early on, but I don't know which chapter its at

When you have to beat Damien as Batman, and after the fight Batman says: "You're dead to me" I was like DAMN SON

So wait, some costumes can only be gotten through pre-orders, and some only through the iOS game? Jeez that's awful.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but most other fighting games also have dlc costumes nowadays. I'm sure they'll all be bundled with the eventual complete edition that WB games likes to do but dividing different sets among different retailers sucks for early supporters of the game and for those who want them all.

Every character has at least one alternate costume that you unlock normally in-game though (same as MK9). Some even have a 3rd or 4th(not sure) unlockable alternate in-game too, so it's not that bad.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but most other fighting games also have dlc costumes nowadays. I'm sure they'll all be bundled with the eventual complete edition that WB games likes to do but dividing different sets among different retailers sucks for early supporters of the game and for those who want them all.

Every character has at least one alternate costume that you unlock normally in-game though (same as MK9). Some even have a 3rd or 4th(not sure) unlockable alternate in-game too, so it's not that bad.

I don't mind the DLC costumes, I mind that they're scattered amongst pre-orders and a fucking iOS game I can't even play if I wanted.

It was so easy for me to get into UMvC3; coming to this is like learning how to walk all over. Are there any good tutorial videos I can watch? Basics of juggling and what chains together? Also are there any character training videos?

I like Green Arrow a lot though, so it's looking like he'll be my main...I like shootin stuff....

Arturo will be uploading various training videos on his channel.

OSHAN

Beat the story mode.

Pretty cool story.

Time to learn how to actually play the game lol

Read if you beat the game.. what I mention is sort of early on, but I don't know which chapter its at

When you have to beat Damien as Batman, and after the fight Batman says: "You're dead to me" I was like DAMN SON

tt

SGRemy

arturo sanchez put out a tutorial video for sinestro (YouTube channel is nycsabin) so that might be a good start. Dunno if its just character tutorial or other stuff too

Top Bottom