• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

SmokeMaxX

hahahaha wtf 30 seconds? That's horrible

Yeah and they were fast seconds too. Like if I hit them once, they'd only have about 15 seconds left once they got up. It was crazy and we all sucked (but I was the only one willing to block lol). I was only like 14-15 and 30+ year old guys were cussing me out and trying to kick me off the machine haha.

DR2K

Banned
Shout outs to NRS for the unique character endings on top of a big story mode.

Just unlocked a Grundy Costume for beating classic. Awesome costume.

Holy shit I can't do any of the combos in the tutorial

[], [], /\, down right + []

I have no idea how the timing works in this game. Same problems I had with the demo. It feels slow and unresponsive.
Everything else works though

sephi22

Not getting a clear reply on how to clash. Heard both fw+meter burn and fw+heavy while getting hit in round 2 but all I was able to do was mash all buttons

Ken

Holy shit I can't do any of the combos in the tutorial

[], [], /\, down right + []

I have no idea how the timing works in this game. Same problems I had with the demo. It feels slow and unresponsive.
Everything else works though

It feels like you have to input stuff really fast compared to other games. I'm having trouble connecting simple stuff too, but this is the first NRS game I've spent more than an hour on so it'll probably take a bit to get used to inputting.

DR2K

Banned
It feels like you have to input stuff really fast compared to other games. I'm having trouble connecting simple stuff too, but this is the first NRS game I've spent more than an hour on so it'll probably take a bit to get used to inputting.

Yeah you basically have to commit to everything.

FHIZ

Has anyone got the Arrow character skin from being part of the first 5000 to vote in that tournament? Has it even been mentioned when it's going out? Looked in my spam folder and didn't see anything.

Calibur

Why does my disconnect number go up when someone else is doing the disconnecting?

It has happened twice against players who had already racked up shameful double digit disconnect numbers.

EDIT: The match hadn't even started yet, either.

WTF this makes zero sense, and I heard if you are having a 1v1 online and you want a break from the game that counts as a disconnect too :/

How does the Netcode quality rank to Soul Calibur V and Super Street Fighter 4?

SmokeMaxX

What are you smoking? This is completely incorrect.

Uh okay. What major releases have confirmed DLC right now? Like I can go grab it right now? And I'm not talking about "complete editions" where you buy the game and the DLC is either on disc or free. I'm talking about DLC that you have to pay for since that's the stuff that people have been complaining about not having (Call of Duty maps, Injustice characters, etc.).

Grecco

Is there an alternative way to do supers that isnt stance change + meter burn buttons?

i dont understand theres 8 buttons in this game.

Uh okay. What major releases have confirmed DLC right now? Like I can go grab it right now? And I'm not talking about "complete editions" where you buy the game and the DLC is either on disc or free. I'm talking about DLC that you have to pay for since that's the stuff that people have been complaining about not having (Call of Duty maps, Injustice characters, etc.).

Assassin's Creed III
That Avengers game, but I guess that's not a major release.

Pretty much no game has DLC.

Edit for clarity: "Pretty much" = "more or less"
1-2 games doesn't invalidate what I said.

I was responding to your last post. As in, "What major releases have confirmed DLC right now? Like I can go grab it right now?" Am I wrong, or should you have phrased that post better?

SmokeMaxX

I was responding to your last post. As in, "What major releases have confirmed DLC right now? Like I can go grab it right now?" Am I wrong, or should you have phrased that post better?

Well, my original point was that the WiiU (right now) has close to zero games with DLC that you can pay for and download. D-e-f- said I was crazy. I guess I was defending my original point that one or two games with DLC doesn't really matter when there are a ton of other examples of games that HAVE DLC but just not on the WiiU version.

Grecco

Is there an alternative way to do supers that isnt stance change + meter burn buttons?

Anybody? also what layouts are people using?

im going with 1 2 3
power interactible meter burn for now

pixlexic

Banned
Best part of the wiiu version isn't having the best graphics it's that there are no frame rate hiccups what so ever. The large dpad is also very nice for this game.

The game itself is really good. You can't go into it thinking it plays just like mk it's like a mixture of mk and Capcom fighters.

Effect

Assassin's Creed 3
Just Dance 4
Fist of the North Star
Zen Pinball 2
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

More then one or two games. AC3 has all the DLC the other versions have as well. Just Dance 4 has all of the songs as well I believe.

There is also an issue where some games simply aren't for sale on the eShop when they're on PSN and Xbox Live. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for example. In fact non of Activision's games can be bought.

Grimsen

I was trying to find it last night, and I think i'ts 1+2+3+MB.

In case anyone needs to know, throws are 1+3 and Interact is 1+2.

FHIZ

Question for anyone who got the collector's edition, is the other end of the Lasso of Truth supposed to be connected to anything on the statue? It's just sort of floating below Clark's shuttle on mine.

clockpunk

I just hope there will be more DLC characters than the 4 in the season pass... :-/

Stargirl, Hourman, Manhunter, Anna Fortune, Lightning, Powergiel, Atom Smasher... the list could go on...

SmokeMaxX

Assassin's Creed 3
Just Dance 4
Fist of the North Star
Zen Pinball 2
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

More then one or two games. AC3 has all the DLC the other versions have as well. Just Dance 4 has all of the songs as well I believe.

There is also an issue where some games simply aren't for sale on the eShop when they're on PSN and Xbox Live. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for example. In fact non of Activision's games can be bought.

I'll give you the first two. I wouldn't really consider the other ones "Major Releases" though. In any case, multiple games that have DLC on other platforms don't have it on WiiU. The real question is why. In addition, why is it that the online for plenty of WiiU games is gimped? These questions lead me to believe that something happened with Nintendo and their online infrastructure.

bs000

Medium+Hard is stance change, so you can do M+H+Meter Burn. I don't know if there's a button combination for meter burn.

What's the point of stance change on someone like Batman (as an example that would make sense for me).

Your two stances make your attacks look slightly different, and there's occasional hitbox stuff. Really, it's so you can do a super only when you want to.

Jamie OD

There's something you don't hear every day.

There's definitely been some sort of campaign going on at DC in recent years to turn Aquaman from a joke into a badass character, from the comics to the cartoons and now this game. If the mainstream opinion doesn't change after all that effort it's probably never going to happen, unless the Justice League movie ever gets off the ground and they nail his performance in that.

Kouichi

Loving the game so far. Just got finished beating battle with Green Arrow and I loved his ending.

Red Arrow dlc alt voiced by Crispin Freemen pls

Beckx

There's definitely been some sort of campaign going on at DC in recent years to turn Aquaman from a joke into a badass character, from the comics to the cartoons and now this game. If the mainstream opinion doesn't change after all that effort it's probably never going to happen, unless the Justice League movie ever gets off the ground and they nail his performance in that.

Changing his name to Namor might help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bleh. Planned to get this on PSN. Day & date digital has a long way to go.

Yaari

If Wii U is missing basic stuff like Friend Matches then people are never going to want that version of the game. Why would they not have something like that in the game?

D-e-f-

Banned
I'll give you the first two. I wouldn't really consider the other ones "Major Releases" though. In any case, multiple games that have DLC on other platforms don't have it on WiiU. The real question is why. In addition, why is it that the online for plenty of WiiU games is gimped? These questions lead me to believe that something happened with Nintendo and their online infrastructure.

The most obvious solution is that the Wii U port teams weren't given enough time and more importantly resources to come to grips with a completely new system. It's easy to say Nintendo must've fucked up again because using the words Nintendo and online in the same sentence is still laughable to the majority of the gaming populace (which is ridiculous but what can you do). But when some games are fully featured and others are not, how is it the platform holder's fault?

It seems to me NetherRealm's priorities were with having the game actually perform well instead of half assing that. Another aspect may have been the small install base which might have caused them to exclude the private matches so everyone is using matchmaking to avoid "dead" online mp 'cause everyone is just playing with their buddies.

It's just crazy to assume that the system is somehow incapable of handling a private match mode. It has to be either a deliberate omission or a result of limited resources.

The reason for missing DLC is also obvious: Publishers just don't give a crap. I think we've been told this in many interviews now: DLC will come if there is enough support (= sales). Pubs are still not used to having to deal with a third console that eats up their budget for DLC development, QA and stuff. Ubisoft is the only company that is going all-in. Other than moneyhatting the content, there is just nothing Nintendo can do in that regard until the system is present in enough households that the post-release support of a multiplatform game is a no-brainer for them.

Ultimately, at least Injustice seems to play great according to what I read here.

If Wii U is missing basic stuff like Friend Matches then people are never going to want that version of the game. Why would they not have something like that in the game?

Maybe the assumption is that if you're a Nintendo gamer, you probably don't have friends. Wouldn't surprise me, actually.

vg260

Come on Gamefly. I need this today. I would have bought this thing day one digitally if Microsoft actually had day 1 digital releases.

SmokeMaxX

I never said the system was incapable of handling private matches. I'm one of the stronger defenders of the system on the board. I just think Nintendo was blindsided somewhere along the way and didn't have the right dev tools ready for their network. I mean, out of all the code that went into this game, I'd imagine that allowing private matches would be one of the easiest things they could do- unless there was some reason why they couldn't. What that reason is, I have no idea but there has to be something. It might have something to do with Nintendo's account system. Who knows.

EDarkness

The most obvious solution is that the Wii U port teams weren't given enough time and more importantly resources to come to grips with a completely new system. It's easy to say Nintendo must've fucked up again because using the words Nintendo and online in the same sentence is still laughable to the majority of the gaming populace (which is ridiculous but what can you do). But when some games are fully featured and others are not, how is it the platform holder's fault?

It seems to me NetherRealm's priorities were with having the game actually perform well instead of half assing that. Another aspect may have been the small install base which might have caused them to exclude the private matches so everyone is using matchmaking to avoid "dead" online mp 'cause everyone is just playing with their buddies.

It's just crazy to assume that the system is somehow incapable of handling a private match mode. It has to be either a deliberate omission or a result of limited resources.

The reason for missing DLC is also obvious: Publishers just don't give a crap. I think we've been told this in many interviews now: DLC will come if there is enough support (= sales). Pubs are still not used to having to deal with a third console that eats up their budget for DLC development, QA and stuff. Ubisoft is the only company that is going all-in. Other than moneyhatting the content, there is just nothing Nintendo can do in that regard until the system is present in enough households that the post-release support of a multiplatform game is a no-brainer for them.

Ultimately, at least Injustice seems to play great according to what I read here.

My problem with this is that it gimps that version of the game and causes people NOT to buy that version. It just seems ass backwards to not include all of the things the other versions have IF they actually want to sell the Wii U version of the game. The other thing about this is how quiet they are about it. It's like they're trying to trick people into buying that version of the game because they KNOW it's gimped. Like not telling people that the iOS game wasn't going to do anything for them. They knew this, but didn't tell anyone. This is what I don't like about the industry. Because now if it doesn't sell, it's our fault this happened. Total BS.

Odinson

Man, Catwoman is not good against zoning. I'm sticking with her though.

Hmm Catwoman is great against zoning. She has attacks that move her forward and a fast dash. Use her feline dodge to avoid projectiles, it also gives her strikes for her trait.

Loving her so far. To get around zoning I've being using cat stance into pounce. She crouches really low and the pounce moves her forward. Caught my friends Sinestro a lot with that.

Jump 2~cat claws can blow up a jumped projectile from half screen and she gets a full combo.

Also the second dash in her MB Cat Dash has armor so on read you can blow through a projectile into full combo.

Also this is good to know.

Effect

I never said the system was incapable of handling private matches. I'm one of the stronger defenders of the system on the board. I just think Nintendo was blindsided somewhere along the way and didn't have the right dev tools ready for their network. I mean, out of all the code that went into this game, I'd imagine that allowing private matches would be one of the easiest things they could do- unless there was some reason why they couldn't. What that reason is, I have no idea but there has to be something. It might have something to do with Nintendo's account system. Who knows.

Black Ops 2 has private matches. As does Assassin's Creed 3 I believe (been a while since I messed with the settings). I believe Ninja Gaiden 3 and Fist of the North Star have those options as well. Those games having the option removes the blame from Nintendo as the tools and structure are there. Hell you can have private matches in Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS. No this isn't Nintendo's fault. They aren't to blame for everything. This is likely Netherrealm not allocating the right amount of resources to make the game fully featured. The port team is likely a skeleton crew. Or maybe it could be that the Wii U version hasn't received the patch the other versions I believe have gotten and all versions shipped out like this.

Edit:

My problem here is that they want more sales in order to justify treating the game the same as the other versions. By providing less on purpose they are giving reasons to NOT buy the Wii U version. Thus they aren't going to get more sales. In fact sales might actually decrease. It's alway self-fully situation with third parties.

Top Bottom