• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hi, I have an SD TV (total weirdo, I know). I cannot read the training mode text for the life of me.

Can someone tell me the effects of Grundy's chain throw? Power I believe makes all your attacks do more damage, Health and Defense, though, I can't figure out the difference between them.

Health is less damage taken, Defense is less block damage taken.

Not really. But you can jump over them I believe.

I mean, you can only dash forward once before he can shoot again are you have to block to be more exact. Also, I don't quite yet trust jumping over projectiles in this game that aren't already aimed low. It's weird for me to time being at the height of the jump to get over stuff.

sephi22

I'm very civil when it comes to fighting games. I gg after matches and I almost never rage. I've ragequit exactly 2 times in my life (in BB against Liutenant the Ragna player).

What I'm getting to is that I love, LOVE, taunting deathstroke players by stance cancelling or teabagging when I've got a significant life lead and they realize its going to take real combos to make a dent in my defense, not full screen zoning. And of course, being day 1 Deathstroke players, combos are the last thing they have in their arsenal right now. Good times.

Can't wait for the Aquaman nerfs. Right now he feels like the Ryu of this game.

jainasky

Neo Member
I am seriously considering getting the Collectors Edition for this for xbox 360 since I love Batman, Harley, Superman and Wonder Woman. Also have a gift cert so it will only be $84 for me.

Watched some of the trailers and gameplay vids last night, but I've never had a fight game before.

I can't find the CE in stores, I tried last night but it is online so my question is if you are mainly a fan of Batman is this a good game to have? I love Arkham Asylum and City. I don't think its anything like those two games though (am I right?)

Can you play it yourself or do you have to go online to play others? I will not be very good at this so I am little worried about going online to play other people.

Will the preorder skin for Batman at Best Buy still come with it if I bought the CE today from them?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

k0ji-wd

Does anybody have a spare code for Arrow on 360? I had no idea about that Battle Arena stuff until it was over. . .huge fan of the show, shame I can't get it anymore.

J-Tier

I am seriously considering getting the Collectors Edition for this for xbox 360 since I love Batman, Harley, Superman and Wonder Woman. Also have a gift cert so it will only be $84 for me.

Watched some of the trailers and gameplay vids last night, but I've never had a fight game before.

I can't find the CE in stores, I tried last night but it is online so my question is if you are mainly a fan of Batman is this a good game to have? I love Arkham Asylum and City. I don't think its anything like those two games though (am I right?)

Can you play it yourself or do you have to go online to play others? I will not be very good at this so I am little worried about going online to play other people.

Will the preorder skin for Batman at Best Buy still come with it if I bought the CE today from them?

There is a lot of single player content, but fighting games are generally competitive, so going online would give the game the most longevity.

In my opinion, fighting games are best when you have friends over. If you have friends who are gamers that are willing to hang out, that's where fighting games shine.

Xander51

There's a whole bunch of single player content so you never have to play online if you don't want to. I'd recommend giving the demo a try if you haven't already.

jainasky

Neo Member
Thank you Xander51 and jtir123 that helps :) I may go online after I learn how to play it but it's good to know I can play it offline first.

And jtir123 I do have some friends who will play with me but they usually play CoD or Halo so it would be a change for them too. And I tend to play JRPGs or Castlevania so they are different styles of games.

I have a question about the frame date. Ill use Green Arrow as my example since I am messing with him atm.

his jab, 1 has 8 start-up frames. His combo, minus ten, 1,1 has 11 start up frames even though they both start with his 8 frame jab.

Where are they getting the 4 extra frames for startup?

FinKL

Omg, watching the DLC reveal video, they go over the move list, and it has Frame Data!

That has got to be a first. This went from probably not getting to will get soon. Gotta support FG with the features we crave

eggwolio

The story mode on this game really shines. I can't wait to go through the S.T.A.R.S. Missions and the Arcade mode to flesh things out more and unlock more costumes. I really like the QTEs they integrated into the game.

Speaking of costumes, are the pre-order bonuses tied to your WBID or your gamertag? The guy I gameshare with accidentally put his New 52 pack on his personal PSN instead of the shared one. Any chance I could login to my WBID on his account and get the unlocks the same way the iOS app works?

I would really like the Blackest Night and Arkham Packs(PS3), as well as the iOS skins. Wouldn't mind that Arrow skin either when it gets released. I've got Red Son codes to trade. PM me if you're interested.

sephi22

I was on a 15 win ranked match streak when this Superman player activated his super and took that opportunity to disconnect. Not only did he break my streak (since opponent's ragequits register a loss for you) he also froze my game. Thanks NRS.

I didn't say I didn't "deal with it". I said you Deathstroke users play like shit!
I'm not a Deathstroke player. I'm an Aquaman player.
But since they play like shit it must be mad easy for you to beat them.

J-Tier

If you guys want to rank up, these early stages are the best imo, lots of new players that are easily beaten with pure understanding of fighting game fundamentals. I hardly know how to combo, yet I'm winning online matches.

Oh shit we need a Sinestro Patch. He is much worse than Deathstroke online. That's not funny. I have no idea how to block those attacks. Even if you block you will lose health. Dash forward doesn't help. Sames goes for Green Arrow (not that bad) and of course Deathstroke.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Oh shit we need a Sinestro Patch. He is much worse than Deathstroke online. That's not funny. I have no idea how to block those attacks. Even if you block you will lose health. Dash forward doesn't help. Sames goes for Green Arrow (not that bad) and of course Deathstroke.

I think I need to do a antizoning tutorial too. There are so many people that dont know how to deal with it in this game.

You will need to block a lot and dash accordingly when there are gaps in zoning. But it's on a char by char basis.

fallingdove

I am struggling with this game. I love the UI but just about everything else is awful. Poor hit detection, wonky animations, sluggish movement, ugly cutscene graphics... And as many of you have mentioned - cheap ass zoning (wouldn't be so bad if there was an airblock, but I just about broke my controller fighting a deathstroke).

NRS needs some new talent.

sephi22

Okay, I think I have a decent Aquaman, but shitty Bane, Shazam and Grundy. If any Gaffer would like to fight me in casual matches so that I can work on my shazam and bane, I'd appreciate it. I'm in LA, Cali. I can play anytime. PSN is my GAF name

Almost all offline players from the MK community think that Sinestro is one of the weakest characters because he is very punishable on everything he does.
He may be OP online, but a knee jerk patch would ruin what is already a comparatively weak character.

Just got an update when launching the game on Ps3. Does anyone know what it changes?
You mean the day 1 patch? Removes about 11 infinites and does some rebalancing.

I am struggling with this game. I love the UI but just about everything else is awful. Poor hit detection, wonky animations, sluggish movement, ugly cutscene graphics... And as many of you have mentioned - cheap ass zoning (wouldn't be so bad if there was an airblock, but I just about broke my controller fighting a deathstroke).

NRS needs some new talent.
After seeing Morridoom for so long, its refreshing to see zoning salt in other communities.
I think Dahbomb is enjoying this too.

Ferrio

Banned
All this talk of Sinestro has me worried. Playing against Q's frost queen + stage interactions was frustrating at times. One point he was backed against the wall in aquaman's stage. The interaction was on a really short cooldown and long range + his projectiles during it's cooldown made it really hard to get in.

Dahbomb

Flowchart online Deathstroke play:

1) Shoot guns at full screen. If they duck use low gun version.

2) If they jump over it and you have meter, burn meter to shoot them with grenade.

3) If you don't have meter and they get close, use twirling sword attack to get them off. If they block, go for a throw... go back to step 1.

4) If you get a knockdown, turn on unblockable guns and go to town using step 1 and 2.

sephi22

You forgot two.
2) If they punish ground guns, jump forward, air guns. Jump back, air guns. Repeat until they find a counter
6) If they knock you down, wake up with sword spin attack

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Still haven't received my game from wal mart. Went to UPS tracking and the last report was from California (I live in new york)

The order was supposed to be here on the 16th and the UPS date says the 22nd.

This really really sucks.

I think I need to do a antizoning tutorial too. There are so many people that dont know how to deal with it in this game.

You will need to block a lot and dash accordingly when there are gaps in zoning. But it's on a char by char basis.

It doesn't work for me. The gaps are too "short". Even if I dash I'll get hit by his asteroids from above.
I'm not talking about Sinestro in offline mode, he's no problem there.

Top Bottom