• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Bit-Bit

Wii U version.

It took me 2 hours and 40 minutes to download from eShop. Been playing the story mode on the hardest difficulty and it's still pretty easy.

Gonna start adding gaffers later tonight when I get home from work and school. Haven't played a fighting game competitively since Smash Bros Brawl. I'm excited to get back into the groove of things.

Nintendo ID: QuocLieu

so, after winning my first ranked match, I unlocked the(story spoilers)
yellow lantern costume
. are there any other unlockables that need rank wins? I hope not, I got lucky with that one.

Finally getting this today after work.

How likely are we to get Martian Manhunter as one of the three remaining DLC characters? The fact that he's visible in the background of a stage deters me a bit.. then again they had Kenshi visible in the Mortal Kombat game before he became available as playable. I know they've been getting a lot of requests for him so hopefully they pull through. He's a member of the JL for crying out loud :(

TDLink

So arcade endings are something completely different from the story mode cutscenes?

Yes. Every character has a unique ending just like in most other fighting games when beating Arcade mode (Battles > Classic). You can then view these endings again in the Archives. The story mode is something completely separate on top of that.

so, after winning my first ranked match, I unlocked the(story spoilers)
yellow lantern costume
. are there any other unlockables that need rank wins? I hope not, I got lucky with that one.

Some people have said elsewhere there is one at 25 ranked wins. I don't know what it is, if it is true, or if there is another ranked win milestone beyond that though.

TheGrue

I would like the costumes I've unlocked in iOS to unlock in the game, please. :(

The WBID is all wonky and either tells me my account is in use when I try to log in with an existing account (of course, the email I used is in use...that's kind of the point). I've had it seem successful and say it is linked sometimes, but still no joy in the costume area.

Yes. Every character has a unique ending just like in most other fighting games when beating Arcade mode (Battles > Classic). You can then view these endings again in the Archives. The story mode is something completely separate on top of that.

Some people have said elsewhere there is one at 25 ranked wins. I don't know what it is, if it is true, or if there is another ranked win milestone beyond that though.

This is awesome. I love Netherealm and all the single player content they put on their games... thats probably what Capcom was talking about when they said they want to make more single player modes. It's awesome to play with friends when they come visit and watch the endings passing the controller around.

crap. so, I guess I have to fight 24 more times to see if it's true or not. At least I had hardly any lag with the fights so I got a chance.

I thought back and "A" (360) knocked people down to the next level? This works sometimes but not always, what am I missing?

Loving the game, not the best at fighters but i plan on putting some time in this one, played the tutorial and story mode for about 2 hrs last night!

How does Shazam's Achilles clutch work? Outside of back +1+2 it won't combo for me
I have been finding a lot of good usage out Achilles Clutch whenever an enemy is cornered and juggled.

I'd love to hear more from other players, since Shazam is the character I am trying to main until Lobo hits.

Dude Abides

Banned
I thought back and "A" (360) knocked people down to the next level? This works sometimes but not always, what am I missing?

Loving the game, not the best at fighters but i plan on putting some time in this one, played the tutorial and story mode for about 2 hrs last night!

You have to hold back and A for a second, you'll see the character go into a kind of charging pose.

Can't for the life of me get the bounce cancel down.

You have to hold back and A for a second, you'll see the character go into a kind of charging pose.

Can't for the life of me get the bounce cancel down.

You mean just performing it or dashing out of it to do the psuedo-FADC?

If the first, you can do qcb + meter instead of back-back + meter if that's easier.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hmm, I've been enjoying using Harley, but may have to switch to Catwoman if she can handle projectiles. I've gotten completely shut down against certain characters' zoning attacks (Sinestroooooooooo!!)...

Haven't been keeping up. How's the online?

On which platform? I didn't have any issues on 360 last night.

Hmm, I've been enjoying using Harley, but may have to switch to Catwoman if she can handle projectiles. I've gotten completely shut down against certain characters' zoning attacks (Sinestroooooooooo!!)...

I keep hearing about Sinestro, and I've yet to face him online. What's the deal?

usctrojan

i was shut down by sinestro cheese twice in a row last night before giving up on getting my first rank win. i need to practice more. all he had to do was keep dropping that rock and spamming grab over and over and i couldnt get in.

Dude Abides

Banned
You mean just performing it or dashing out of it to do the psuedo-FADC?

If the first, you can do qcb + meter instead of back-back + meter if that's easier.

I think dashing out of it. Going through the tutorial where it tells you to go Light, Light, ->->, Meter Burn. Can't get it to execute.

I think dashing out of it. Going through the tutorial where it tells you to go Light, Light, ->->, Meter Burn. Can't get it to execute.

Yeah, that is just performing it. You've got to be sure to dial the command in soon enough. I've noticed there are a lot of animations where you can cancel them into specials and other things either right after they connect or after the animation is done completely but not inbetween. There are exceptions, though(i.e. Green Latern's character trait), which are cancelable at any point.

Dude Abides

Banned
Yeah, that is just performing it. You've got to be sure to dial the command in soon enough. I've noticed there are a lot of animations where you can cancel them into specials and other things either right after they connect or after the animation is done completely but not inbetween. There are exceptions, though(i.e. Green Latern's character trait), which are cancelable at any point.

So you are saying that I am probably not dialing in the --> --> MB part of it quick enough?

skarabrae

Banned
Beat story mode last night after 4 hours of gameplay. I liked the story
and found it interesting that, while it's not exactly a mirror of MK3's story, the whole "let's merge worlds so I can rule them all" deal is very MKish in its inspiration. Are we going full circle back to MK vs DC? :) I keed.

I think I've decided that Catwoman's going to be my main, but judging from what I've read here I'll have to learn how to get around zoning characters. Also, this isn't the first time I've heard people talk about how Sinestro is in the game and so I'm a bit curious to learn how to play against him now.

vg260

Ugh. I hope unlocks aren't tied to ranked match wins. I get blown up in combo heavy games real easy, and this could be really frustrating.

TDLink

Yeah it is just Back + A. You need to make sure you hold it for a second though. Also you need to be in specific spots on each stage.

So you are saying that I am probably not dialing in the --> --> MB part of it quick enough?

Essentially. Personally, I like doing the quarter-circle-forward to get that off instead. Easier for me. Dunno if that will count for the tutorial, though.

Has anyone received their Arrow skin yet?

Not me.
Though, I got it for the wrong console anyway, so someone on the 360 is going to get lucky.

Full screen zoning asshole. It's a test of patience more than anything.
Beyond Deathstroke?

Thoughts about the story's implications:

To me, the coolest thing about this is that it sets up some awesome narratives for a franchise.

You have two universes, one being similar to normal DC (Universe 1), the other all jacked up with very different characters (good Harley, evil Superman etc, Universe 2). The two universes have the ability to transport people between each one. Universe 1 now has a set of formerly normal human heroes who are now metahuman, like Green Arrow, and don't forget that Joker also swallowed the pill. Unless the pill is temporary, you now have a Joker who can go toe-to-toe with most of the JL.

So now you have opportunities for other DC characters to get involved. You have both universes' galactic forces like the Red Lanterns and Darkseid, for example. You also have a major villain in Superdick. Would Superdick form an alliance with, say, Braniac to get his revenge?

They can take the story in loads of different ways! :D

Chairhome

Beat story mode last night after 4 hours of gameplay. I liked the story
and found it interesting that, while it's not exactly a mirror of MK3's story, the whole "let's merge worlds so I can rule them all" deal is very MKish in its inspiration. Are we going full circle back to MK vs DC? :) I keed.

I think I've decided that Catwoman's going to be my main, but judging from what I've read here I'll have to learn how to get around zoning characters. Also, this isn't the first time I've heard people talk about how Sinestro is in the game and so I'm a bit curious to learn how to play against him now.

there wasn't any real talk about merging worlds though. he was just going to raze both worlds. Also, DC has had a long history of parallel dimensions or "elseworlds".

W Hudson

So as I look at the movelist and it says that something is like -9 on block or +5 or whatever, what exactly does that mean. My assumption is that (using the -9 example) if my opponent blocks my -9 move, then they have 9 frames in which to punish me before I can start up a new move. Is this correct or is there something else to this?

Steaks

Hi, I have an SD TV (total weirdo, I know). I cannot read the training mode text for the life of me.

Can someone tell me the effects of Grundy's chain throw? Power I believe makes all your attacks do more damage, Health and Defense, though, I can't figure out the difference between them.

NEO0MJ

I really like that Black Adam has a move with a raging storm-like animation, even if it's not as effective as Geese's. Gives him major cool points.

sephi22

Wow you Deathstroke users really play like shit don't you? "I'll just sit back across the screen and shoot all day."
1. Deal with it. Its a legit way of playing programmed into the game, so don't hate people for using something that you can't deal with.
2. Pick Aquaman. Or Raven.

Thoughts about the story's implications:

To me, the coolest thing about this is that it sets up some awesome narratives for a franchise.

You have two universes, one being similar to normal DC (Universe 1), the other all jacked up with very different characters (good Harley, evil Superman etc, Universe 2). The two universes have the ability to transport people between each one. Universe 1 now has a set of formerly normal human heroes who are now metahuman, like Green Arrow, and don't forget that Joker also swallowed the pill. Unless the pill is temporary, you now have a Joker who can go toe-to-toe with most of the JL.

So now you have opportunities for other DC characters to get involved. You have both universes' galactic forces like the Red Lanterns and Darkseid, for example. You also have a major villain in Superdick. Would Superdick form an alliance with, say, Braniac to get his revenge?

They can take the story in loads of different ways! :D

You should complete all the ladders... there are additional story beats you might be interested in if you want some more closure for some of the characters.

Ryce

If you can't watch the video, it doesn't show any Lobo footage, but Ed Boon describes him as "a fast brawler with amazing range with his chains."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Martian Manhunter will be the 2nd DLC character no question about it.

Top Bottom