• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tom Brady called them idiots in the OBS stream. Says Doomsday is nowhere as good as they think he is. People should figure him out in a couple of days. He will be a problem online though. A special that goes from overhead to low in half a second? Yo damn.

Haha, is that what that shit is? I was locked in the corner and kept getting hit by it and felt dumb as hell.

Man, the more I see of this the harder it is for me to keep my money in my wallet. I wish I wasn't so bad at fighting games otherwise I'd pick it up right away. Or if I had more friends that were really interested in this.

TDLink

oh, so it only works in certain spots? Because Ive definitely charged back A many times and it doesn't always do it?

Yes each stage has a specific spot where it works. For example on Gotham City rooftop it is the right side (near the water tower) while on the ground portion it is near the tanker (left side). Atlantis and Ferris Air do not have transitions. If you do it in another part of the stage you get a wallbounce instead, so if you are doing that you are getting the input right.

Has there been any good comparisons between the versions yet? I'm still trying to decide PS3 or Wii U.

I've played both versions quite a bit. I own the PS3 one and my friend owns the Wii U one. Both versions are fine and you will be happy with either purchase. To me the Wii U seems to have better load times and graphical quality but it is missing private matchmaking online for some reason. It also doesn't have a WBID link or Season Pass, but I guess it will get the DLC characters anyways? Online on both systems has been pretty good otherwise, less laggy matches on Wii U so far but it may just be who I was connected with. Had plenty of lagless games on both systems. Encountered some weird camera issues on the PS3 version a couple times (you can see it in the Giant Bomb quick look at one point too) that I haven't seen in Wii U yet (but it doesn't mean they aren't there). It just happens randomly sometimes but not too often.

Grimsen

The game needs more outfits with different win poses. I love it when using Yellow Lantern.

Also, the Clash banter is sweet.

''I'm faster than light! ''
''Not THIS light.''

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The game needs more outfits with different win poses. I love it when using Yellow Lantern.

Also, the Clash banter is sweet.

''I'm faster than light! ''
''Not THIS light.''

YOLO IS POWER!

Archon473

So fucking lame. I don't know why there is still no punishment in games when you fucking rage quit. You shouldn't be able to play online for 15 minutes or some shit.

We'll see raqequitting tempered once developers stop distinguishing between player and ranked matches. There should only be Matches; it makes no differences if you choose your opponent or search for anyone. Total matches played and to an extent win-to-loss ratio is enough to distinguish experienced and thereby hopefully skilled players. To tie ability to a ranking system is convoluted. The need to boost wins would also disappear once players are taught tallied wins are less valuable than experience.

As far as Deathstroke is concerned, take a look at his frame data. All his projectiles are heavily disadvantaged on block. What makes him tricky to punish is how far his strings push opponents away. His low shots combined with his fast overheads and long range overheads make him deadly within sweep range. If he is fullscreen, he cannot become overzealous with standing shots or low shots because all his guns have long duration. From fullscreen, you can hop his standing pistol shots and dash toward him and now you're just outside sweep range. If he shoots again and your character has a fast advancing forward attack or a capture special, he's done.

Archon473

Oh yeah, what's with the 4GB required space indication on the PS3 cover? I was never prompted to install the game and could not find an optional installation offered anywhere in any menu.

So for fighting games, I should always be using the dpad over the joysticks right? (PS3)

Use what you're comfortable with, times have changed. The most important thing is being able to consistently and reliably do what you want to do, regardless of controller. Many well known high level players use pad for their games (more often in 3D games like Soul Calibur and Tekken). It depends on the player and the game. Some players even switch from stick to pad and vice versa depending on the game.

Khezu

Speaking of Harley.

In the NYCC build of the game, the poison ivy flower gave her thorns, when someone hit her, they received a small amount of damage for ever hit they landed.

Kinda wish they kept it like that, but I guess health regen is fine too.

Xevren

Oh boy, this is what I have to look forward too if I go online huh? I wouldn't even touch ranked matches but apparently you unlock some costumes by playing x number of ranked matches.

Speaking of, is there a list of what costumes you unlock by playing whatever? Other than the archive stuff that is.

Speaking of Harley.

In the NYCC build of the game, the poison ivy flower gave her thorns, when someone hit her, they received a small amount of damage for ever hit they landed.

Kinda wish they kept it like that, but I guess health regen is fine too.

I wonder why. That sounds cool.

Watching DSP playing vs this Deathstroke player.

JUST BE PATIENT FFS AAAAAAAA

My avatar is exactly my expression watching people get beat down by Deathstroke.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I watch DSP for his fighting game stuff. He's so salty when he loses, but you root for him to win anyway.

Yeah, when he wins is the game fun and ok but when he loses dear god, this game sucks ass, the match is delayed or laggy so he can't do shit. The only thing delayed is his skill but still funny especially when he fights against a spamming Deathstroke player.

sephi22

Oh boy, this is what I have to look forward too if I go online huh? I wouldn't even touch ranked matches but apparently you unlock some costumes by playing x number of ranked matches.
Is this your first fighting game? I don't mean that in a mean way I'm asking. Because yes, hate mail is common in fighting games, especially if you beat your opponent in a way they deem unfair.

And, this particular hatemail is low tier. Feast your eyes on the best hatemail I've ever received...
6o5MLYF.jpg

You won't be able to guess which game I was playing against this guy.
Playstation All Stars

onionfrog

Is this your first fighting game? I don't mean that in a mean way I'm asking. Because yes, hate mail is common in fighting games, especially if you beat your opponent in a way they deem unfair.
This is not my first fighting game, I just forgot how commonplace this sort of hate mail is, especially right after a game is released.

I haven't gotten mail like this in UMVC3 in a long time, although that's probably due to the fact that I don't play ranked matches or randoms much at all. Just playing against reasonable people from GAF is much better.

sephi22

Watching DSP right now, wow Deathstroke vs Luthor seems like a pretty bad matchup.
He got in a couple of times, but couldn't pressure so blames it on the game dropping his combo.
But yes, that matchup is bad for Luthor. Not unwinnable as DSP makes it seem.

I watch DSP for his fighting game stuff. He's so salty when he loses, but you root for him to win anyway.
Nope. He's like the John Cena of the FGC. By that I mean little kids love him, not that he overcomes the odds and win. He loses and complains. I feel for his fans though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmEkJDHjNYg

Ever since GAF's own Maximillian started making fighting game videos he made DSP irrelevant for me.

KevinCow

Banned

And, this particular hatemail is low tier. Feast your eyes on the best hatemail I've ever received...

Playstation All Stars

Well, do you think you're fucking?

LakeEarth

The Deathstroke player kept waking up with that sword flail move and DSP kept walking into it. I wanted to scream after the third time. Eventually he caught on, but didn't recognize that he finally got the guy scared and lost pressure opportunity.

TDLink

Oh yeah, what's with the 4GB required space indication on the PS3 cover? I was never prompted to install the game and could not find an optional installation offered anywhere in any menu.

It installs in the background over time, automatically.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wish the PSN store would update. I know this is going up as a day 1 digital. Wondering if it will come with any of the bonus DLC like Tomb Raider did.

sephi22

Damn, Seph what are doing to these people? xD
Well, in this particular instance, I beat this guy and his friend (Raiden and Kratos) using Sir Dan in a 1 vs 2 situation after they killed my partner in 2v2 online.

I play almost every fighting game that comes out. So I'm always good in the first 2 weeks - 2 months because of strong fundamentals, but I plateau when I move to other games. I'm not a godlike player. The gaffers who post regularly in the fighting game OTs will beat me free in the game they play. Except for professor Beef. He's ass.

Papercuts

I wish XBL messages didn't autodelete over time, I used to have so much good hatemail from playing Tager in BlazBlue. He's complete ass tier but against people who didn't have a good grasp on the system mechanics he would wreck them.

sephi22

I wish XBL messages didn't autodelete over time, I used to have so much good hatemail from playing Tager in BlazBlue. He's complete ass tier but against people who didn't have a good grasp on the system mechanics he would wreck them.
Tager players get so much hate, but they never send hatemail. They know their character is ass. I get salty when Tager grabs me for 50% life.
Grundy will generate a lot of salt. He's the tager of this game.

Tager players get so much hate, but they never send hatemail. They know their character is ass. I get salty when Tager grabs me for 50% life.

Tager players take every victory we can. Currently having a blast with Grundy too.

Lizardman in SC4 was so much fun ringing out salty players. And this was still before SF4 blew the scene up. I've found that it's not being chipped out or timed out or randomed out, but ringed out that brings out the most venom in online players.

Playstation All Stars

This had rofling so fucking hard. So what are most people playing with? I've been using my fight stick but it seems pretty uncomfortable....especially trying to use the ex version of your specials. :{

Papercuts

I can only hope Grundy will generate a tenth of the shit I got as Tager. It will be glorious.

Tager players take every victory we can. Currently having a blast with Grundy too.

Lizardman in SC4 was so much fun ringing out salty players. And this was still before SF4 blew the scene up. I've found that it's not being chipped out or timed out or randomed out, but ringed out that brings out the most venom in online players.

I played Kilik in SC4 and would intentionally back into the corner and do his low sweep thing that grabs people between the legs and flipped them over his head for a ring out.

...I don't blame people for sending mail on that one.

I'm still waiting on the PSN store update so I can buy this damned thing. Almost bought the Wii U version last night before all the info about no private matches came out.

Beckx

Wish the PSN store would update. I know this is going up as a day 1 digital. Wondering if it will come with any of the bonus DLC like Tomb Raider did.

Well. Not really Day 1 anymore. :p

But yeah, I'm waiting too. Have a bunch of credits from gift cards to spend on this.

Top Bottom