• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

sephi22

Did Art discuss Aqua's trait in his tutorial. I watched the whole thing but I don't recall hearing about it.

I still don't know what its useful for. I know it makes him recover faster but haven't seen it in practice.

Steaks

Ok I played a bunch of grundy yesterday and today, he's pretty cool.

2 is really safe on block, it's good to do instead of 1 randomly, imo. If you need blockstring filler, go to 2. 113 f1 Trait is a universal meterless that's pretty hard.

d2 11 Trait is a solid AA combo that's reliable everywhere, I think. You can do stuff like 112Trait and it will beat mashing, but lose to jump. You can just 113bf3db and get anti-airs and stuff, or just 113df1 if they want to jump out.

Any move that's sort of negative on block and is cancelable can be done into trait, and this mixup, really.

If someone is hard to read on wakeup, meaty bf3, reaction db if they do something, if they don't and tech, they get grabbed, if they wait and jump, you can cancel with db again and do df1, or another bf3 or 113 combo if they backdashed.

His mixup game looks pretty stable, in general. If someone is looking for aa, db1 is really good, because it hits high and covers a long range, I think it's unpunishable at max range (but not safe).

You can do reaction super to laggy stuff, armor and grab. Depends on what it is.

Air to air 1 can combo into grab, as well. If they jump out of your stuff, and you hit 11, you can grab as well. He seems to have counters for every situation up close that aren't insanely risky, which should make him pretty stable, even if he's bad. He shouldn't be unwinnable bad.

MGrant

Hawkgirl main here, so far zoning has me completely unsalted. Too many Deathstrokes don't know how to deal with fly in> unfly j. M > s.LMH > j. M qcb M. It's only a 25% combo, but it's a truckload easier than trying to link wallbounce from LMH online. Surprise divekicks also take out Deathstrokes pretty easily. Now, Green Arrow and Superman, they can go eat a dick or two.

I think I need to do a antizoning tutorial too. There are so many people that dont know how to deal with it in this game.

You will need to block a lot and dash accordingly when there are gaps in zoning. But it's on a char by char basis.

Please do, watching fchamp troll on day one all night was funny and sad. It would help the new players understand some fundamentals of fighting games.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I think I need to do a antizoning tutorial too. There are so many people that dont know how to deal with it in this game.

You will need to block a lot and dash accordingly when there are gaps in zoning. But it's on a char by char basis.

Does Harley have an AA that works on close jump ins at all?

sephi22

Haha of course a Lamestroke player is leading the leaderboard.

One time he used Sinestro.
On XBL? That guy was featured in Max's review of the game. Apparently he's someone from Australia who ragequits when he's about to lose. So he lets the match play out when he beats new players who can't deal with zoning, but quits against proper players.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
On XBL? That guy was featured in Max's review of the game. Apparently he's someone from Australia who ragequits when he's about to lose. So he lets the match play out when he beats new players who can't deal with zoning, but quits against proper players.

So fucking lame. I don't know why there is still no punishment in games when you fucking rage quit. You shouldn't be able to play online for 15 minutes or some shit.

Btw. his name is "Hate is my Fuel". lol

Dahbomb

FChamp said he would use Sinestro before the game even came out so that's good, he's at least going with what he likes. Although the character being good helps as well...

DRE Fei

Well, zoning in this game online will be strong because of the lag. You just have to be patient. Don't jump a lot. Just walk forward and start blocking. The boulders are overheads, so you have to stand block. Sinestro isn't that good up close so once you get in, you can do your mixup. Same thing applies to Deathstroke, except he's a little better up close.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Some of the level interactions are ridiculously powerful... I wish there was a way you could block/parry them as its pretty stupid for some of them...

Xevren

So fucking lame. I don't know why there is still no punishment in games when you fucking rage quit. You shouldn't be able to play online for 15 minutes or some shit.

Btw. his name is "Hate is my Fuel". lol

The guy is pretty dumb. He'd even go in Koth rooms to troll with Deathstroke, doesn't last long until someone beats him and he just rage quits anyway.

Meter burn your wallbounce or groundbounce move.

People really NEED to learn to use this more. It's such a great tool. Even just to dash cancel and punish moves better.

sephi22

Champ says he also likes Black Adam. If he doesn't level both up I think he can get blown up in tournaments. Tom Brady, Pig of the Hut and others say that certain Sinestro attacks can be punished on hit by certain characters, Raven being one of them.

But these guys have hope that someone out there will find something for Sinestro that will make him good. Right now all the Sinestro players say they will only play him in casuals. Someone on one of the streams even said that Sinestro constructed a yellow noose for himself and people have to give him anti-depressants by finding new tech.

Apparently early build Sinestro was amazing. They nerfed him in retail and nerfed him further in the day 1 patch.

Meter burn your wallbounce or groundbounce move.
Wait what? That stops stage projectiles? Megaton.

Xevren

Nice. Is there footage of this somewhere? Seems hard to time.

It's not. Just hit back/forward 3 with meter burn at the same time, you get a point of armor. You can hold the move and dash out of it if you want as well. Having to deal with Doomsday in locals last night against ex meteor smash's taught me to use this thing really well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
You'll armor through them.

ahhhhh yeah, that works fo sho! Thanks
tumblr_meu3p3ZRB51qbb6c0o1_400_zpsc782eaf1.gif

sephi22

Just tried a new strategy against 'stroke. Instead of out-zoning him, I got a knockdown and dashed in on his wakeup, always keeping the pressure. Worked really well. Seems like a character like Doomsday can own him free once he gets in. But fullscreen Deathstroke might be a hard counter for Doomsday. One connected gamma crush can turn the whole match though.

Full-screen zoning isn't really my style, but I'm considering using Deathstroke just to see how much hate mail I can get, haha.
He's got some good combos. Too bad no one's doing them. I don't think you'd get much hate if you mix up rushdown and zoning.

AEREC

Still haven't received my game from wal mart. Went to UPS tracking and the last report was from California (I live in new york)

The order was supposed to be here on the 16th and the UPS date says the 22nd.

This really really sucks.

Buy it from a local walmart and then return the shipped game when it gets in.

Can I recommend something?

If you struggle vs a character, go play as that character for 20 minutes in training mode. When I get the game tomorrow, I am testing all sorts of problem stuff so I can do better.

You also should try blocking more. And having heart.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
It doesn't work for me. The gaps are too "short". Even if I dash I'll get hit by his asteroids from above.
I'm not talking about Sinestro in offline mode, he's no problem there.

Sounds to me like youre unfamiliar with the game still. At first it's a problem, the more you get used to it its not so bad. Also you can use your armored moves to close the gap. Some chars have 3 hits of armor as well on some moves so they can def get at sinestro.

sephi22

I'm not #55 on the ranked leaderboards on PSN with 71 wins, 5 losses and a 33 game streak.
My streak was just broken by a Deathstroke player who did combos and wasn't stingy with meter. I didn't know he could meter burn his specials into overheads

I ain't even mad. Enough Injustice for 1 day. I think I've been playing for 20 hours straight. Already have 150 online matches at least.

sephi22

So other than Harley, is there any other character with a trait that's completely USELESS!
Aquaman?
Actually Harley's trait lets her get unblockable bombs sometimes, which leads to unavoidable full combos. That's what I've heard. Haven't played her yet.

If you guys didn't want a Sagat in Injustice, you should all have not supported that Put_Sagat_in_ trend.

The guy reminds me a lot of Sagat mixed with Stryker...

I'm calling it now, Aquaman's trait will be what a lot of players will be moaning about in three months. "I got a crossup into my launcher string and he blocked the second half and punished it for 40?! THIS IS BULLPOOP!"

Actually, let me pull up Vulcan Hades' video on projectile advantage in MK9. It's a good place to start in the MK engine with zoning and beating zoning... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jVgJoKIEGo&list=PLXgUAwmci_Ads98JNZJcaZ6ZY8oX1Ypc0&index=7 It's for Stryker specifically, but it applies across the board.

Sounds to me like youre unfamiliar with the game still. At first it's a problem, the more you get used to it its not so bad. Also you can use your armored moves to close the gap. Some chars have 3 hits of armor as well on some moves so they can def get at sinestro.

Yep :)

But I think most of the casual players will just rage quit and never come back online because of the spammers. And that's sad.

Ferrio

Banned
Aquaman?
Actually Harley's trait lets her get unblockable bombs sometimes, which leads to unavoidable full combos. That's what I've heard. Haven't played her yet.

It's horrible.

Bomb has very little range, and you don't even know if you'll get it. So if you do your trait in range where it'd hit... and it's not the bomb... you're fucked.

The trait is just b ad bad bad.

1. It's slow, slow slow slow.
2. You don't know what you'll get before hand. It's not like platinum in BB, where it's random what you get next.. but least you know what you'll get next.
3. The payout for the items is little to nothing, even if you get one to work without being punished.

Besides that, it's a boring boring mechanic since 2/3 of the items are passives.

Are wake-up specials the only defense against not getting command-thrown on wake-up?

Also, forcing the opponent into block stun with the mini-bats and going into super with Batman? Why have I not thought of this?

sephi22

Once people recover from the Deathstroke...uhm..stroke, they will realize how big of a problem Doomsday is.

Also, forcing the opponent into block stun with the mini-bats and going into super with Batman? Why have I not thought of this?
Why would you do that if they are in blockstun? Super's blockable.

Are wake-up specials the only defense against not getting command-thrown on wake-up?

Wakeup specials, backdashes or jumps.

Once people recover from the Deathstroke...uhm..stroke, they will realize how big of a problem Doomsday is.

Why would you do that if they are in blockstun? Super's blockable.

Wakeup specials, backdashes or jumps.

That shizz must hit low then, cuz I'm 99.9% sure I blocked the bats.

Omnicent

It's not. Just hit back/forward 3 with meter burn at the same time, you get a point of armor. You can hold the move and dash out of it if you want as well. Having to deal with Doomsday in locals last night against ex meteor smash's taught me to use this thing really well.

someone should have told the guys on kombat network this in the chat last night. CD ran a train on everyone with Dday.

sephi22

someone should have told the guys on kombat network this in the chat last night. CD ran a train on everyone with Dday.

Tom Brady called them idiots in the OBS stream. Says Doomsday is nowhere as good as they think he is. People should figure him out in a couple of days. He will be a problem online though. A special that goes from overhead to low in half a second? Yo damn.

Xevren

Tom Brady called them idiots in the OBS stream. Says Doomsday is nowhere as good as they think he is. People should figure him out in a couple of days. He will be a problem online though. A special that goes from overhead to low in half a second? Yo damn.

His ground smash is so annoying, oh man. I had more luck just hitting him out of it than trying to block it. If people have issues with Doomsday, just learn Nightwing. Nightwing is a monster.

Top Bottom