• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Beast Boy would be cool but that would be a nightmare to make for a fighting game, lol.

Make him a Shang Tsung (button commands to transform into different animals) or make him like Double from Skullgirls where his moves just have him (or parts of his body) transform into different animals. Grow a tail for a sweep, etc.

AEREC

Still cant decide on PS3 or 360 version...looks like 360 has AA and the PS3 version doesnt. The controllers better on the PS3 but I also have a decent HRAP for the 360 (but dont feel like breaking it out all the time).

What version is everyone else going with?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't get it. What's the point of the stance change? I know MK had it too.

It lets me do a Lex Luthor dance.

Make him a Shang Tsung (button commands to transform into different animals) or make him like Double from Skullgirls where his moves just have him (or parts of his body) transform into different animals. Grow a tail for a sweep, etc.

That'd work, it's just more the amount of effort it would take. Button chain combos would have predetermined animal transformations within, but it's more the fact that is all stuff that needs modeled instead of being a reused hit effect and an animation off an existing model like everyone else. Would look cool but would be a much larger undertaking, and they could probably do multiple characters in the time he would take doing this.

demolitio

Great. I bought the starter pack for the iOS game and didn't receive any of it. This is what I get for actually spending 5 bucks on it...lol

The Adder

Banned
Its been known for a while. :p

I know it has been known his alt has it, but my point is that that wasn't his alt. The discussion is about Tara using the unmodified Raven voice in story mode when apparently someone who has seen story mode says she doesn't. Likewise we've seen Ollie in story mode before and he doesn't use the Arrow voice.

My point being that there may be some type of toggle like the English/Japanese toggles in SFIV

SteeloDMZ

Banned
For those who have been following the game, is there a character that resembles to Jax from MK9 in terms of play style (in your face, close combat)? I just played the demo and liked it, but none of the 3 characters really aren't my thing.

Kizer

For those who have been following the game, is there a character that resembles to Jax from MK9 in terms of play style (in your face, close combat)? I just played the demo and liked it, but none of the 3 characters really aren't my thing.

I suppose he isn't like jax with the grabs or anything, per say, but flash is kinda what you describe with the "in your face, close combat" kind of thing.

Karak

I would agree that Flash felt more in your face than any of the others in the entire story mode. And I am all the happier for it as I love both that character and that fighting style. He also has the best special. In my opinion:)

Right so this is for those having some issues getting the credits required to purchase Batman so they can in turn get the Batman Beyond skin.

First you want at least 6 characters cards already pre-leveled to around 10+ (The more cards you have the faster this is going to go, 6 is what id say is minimum but id recommend 9 or 12. Id recommend. Flash, Green Lantern, New 52 Green Lantern, Sinestro, Deathstroke and Joker (you should already have him for the Arkham Harley skin. If not use this method to get him first as he will prove very useful his lvl 1 special does 1000+ damage when maxed out) Those characters have the highest damage for the lowest cost. Don't worry about Health because if your 10+ it should be a cake walk

You want to play the last battle before the Green Lantern Boss Battle
7MKJ535.jpg
This battle is 5 fights long. Costs 1 Energy Credit per Match (ECPM) and pays out a total of 1600cr.

Batman costs 182000cr, at 1600cr that means you need to replay this mission 114 times.
With 2 leveled teams you can complete it 4 times without having to wait for energy to recharge.

114 divided by 4 is 20. Which means that it will only take 29 separate runs.
Now if you have 12 leveled characters this will only take you 15 runs.

As far as i can tell a few things make this the quickest method.

Lowest ECPM for Highest Relative Payout
Simple fights (A level 15 Joker can kill the majority of characters in 1 heavy/swipe combo, A similar level Green Lantern can kill a character with a light combo + maxed turbine smash)

TL'DR

Get 6 characters
Repeat 5th Battle until out of Energy Credits
Wait
Repeat Step 2

I hope they let you buy those costumes with MS/PSN points. @_@

If you are willing to purchase them via MS/PSN points and have an iDevice you might aswell just use the in app payment grab 100,000 points for £7 grab the rest of the points by playing the game and buy them like that.

Ken

If you are willing to purchase them via MS/PSN points and have an iDevice you might aswell just use the in app payment grab 100,000 points for £7 grab the rest of the points by playing the game and buy them like that.

How much does it cost for one costume unlock? If I end up liking the game I might do this for a few characters.

How much does it cost for one costume unlock? If I end up liking the game I might do this for a few characters.

its depended on characters. In total you need 230,000 in game credits I think you can get a pack of similar size for £14. Its expensive but it depends how much you want the costume and if your willing to grind. Using the method i posted above you can grind away at it over a couple of days and get the credits easily

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Right so this is for those having some issues getting the credits required to purchase Batman so they can in turn get the Batman Beyond skin.

First you want at least 6 characters cards already pre-leveled to around 10+ (The more cards you have the faster this is going to go, 6 is what id say is minimum but id recommend 9 or 12. Id recommend. Flash, Green Lantern, New 52 Green Lantern, Sinestro, Deathstroke and Joker (you should already have him for the Arkham Harley skin. If not use this method to get him first as he will prove very useful his lvl 1 special does 1000+ damage when maxed out) Those characters have the highest damage for the lowest cost. Don't worry about Health because if your 10+ it should be a cake walk

You want to play the last battle before the Green Lantern Boss Battle

This battle is 5 fights long. Costs 1 Energy Credit per Match (ECPM) and pays out a total of 1600cr.

Batman costs 128000cr, at 1600cr that means you need to replay this mission 80 times.
with 2 leveled teams you can complete it 4 times without having to wait for energy to recharge.

80 divided by 4 is 20. Which means that it will only take 20 separate runs.
Now if you have 12 leveled characters this will only take you 10 runs.

As far as i can tell a few things make this the quickest method.

Lowest ECPM for Highest Relative Payout
Simple fights (A level 15 Joker can kill the majority of characters in 1 heavy/swipe combo, A similar level Green Lantern can kill a character with a light combo + maxed turbine smash)

TL'DR

Get 6 characters
Repeat 5 Battle until out of Energy Credits
Wait
Repeat Step 2

Nice, thanks. Sounds a lot better than the crapshoot of saving up for gold booster packs while progressing normally, I have gold Bane and Black Adam so I can curbstomp this shit quickly. Also using all of the refills I have will make this faster.

Batman is 182K though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Debating what platform to get this one on. How did the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat perform framerate wise? I'm not sure if non-Capcom fighting games have gotten shorted on the PS3 side.

AEREC

Debating what platform to get this one. How did the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat perform framerate wise? I'm not sure if non-Capcom fighting games have gotten shorted on the PS3 side.

That's my dilemma right now. Graphically the game looks superior on the 360, PS3 version has serious jaggies. As far as I know they both run at 60fps.

As for MK...they were pretty much identical aside from content (Kratos on the PS3 version).

Karak

Debating what platform to get this one on. How did the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat perform framerate wise? I'm not sure if non-Capcom fighting games have gotten shorted on the PS3 side.

FPS wise they both seemed to run about the same. We ran them side by side for about 2 hours. But PS3 had some aliasing issues. Regardless they both still look good.

This looks...pretty neat. Strapped for cash right now, so probably won't pick this up until later when the online is completely dead, but a superhero fighter is just what my group of friends needs. I tried Marvel vs. Capcom and they didn't like it, but they're all bigger DC fans so this might be just what the doctor ordered.

Any reason you say that? Just curious, I already have two Fightsticks so I dont need another. Was still considering it though.

From watching the video, the "clicks" from the buttons come off cheap to me. I've also never had any luck with anything by PDP, which I believe was Pelican before.

FHIZ

So, Swamp Thing, Black Canary and Martian Manhunter are my hopes for DLC characters. Each would bring pretty unique ply styles. My fourth would have been Damian Robin buuuuuut, yeah.

Nice, thanks. Sounds a lot better than the crapshoot of saving up for gold booster packs while progressing normally, I have gold Bane and Black Adam so I can curbstomp this shit quickly. Also using all of the refills I have will make this faster.

Batman is 182K though.

114 games then. Still going to be fairly quickly in comparison. I estimate about 5 hours of play time not factoring in the wait times.

Dandy J

From watching the video, the "clicks" from the buttons come off cheap to me. I've also never had any luck with anything by PDP, which I believe was Pelican before.
They look like Seimitsu KN buttons. I use opaque Seimitsu DKs, but I've never been a fan of the KNs. They have a really 'hard' feeling when you push them.

phaonaut

Do you get a guaranteed block string on a blocked jump in punch like in MK? I really wish the demo had the training mode lol.

For some reason I don't think so, I saw someone complaining about jump ins in a TYM thread. I can't be sure though as I haven't tested it.

Do you get a guaranteed block string on a blocked jump in punch like in MK? I really wish the demo had the training mode lol.

Not exactly. Not like MK where you get a ton of frame advantage and they must block. It depends on the jump attack used and the height it's blocked.

Also unlike MK you're not jailed standing. So even if they hit a deep jump 2 into a high string you must block but you can start blocking low.

So how do people think this game going to do sales-wise? The recent news of Darkstalkers Resurrection's disappointing sales has me slightly worried that the general fighting game fatigue will have an impact here. Though I guess the DC characters (especially having Batman and Joker on the front cover) will help bring in fans. Hopefully the story mode and new gameplay ideas can help bring some freshness to the genre, as a new fighting game IP like this is sorely needed.

Top Bottom