• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

HanktheAwesome

Neo Member
We don't know all the costume unlocks yet and Netherrealm has said that there will be additional costumes released as FREE DLC in the future. Most characters definitely have more than their Regime/Insurgency alts...those are just the ones you unlock in the Archives via the armory keys.

Others I know about so far:

Non-Archive Unlocks
Elseworld Flash
New 52 Nightwing
New 52 Shazam
Yellow Lantern Green Lantern
Godfall Superman
Boss Grundy

Unconfirmed Rumours/Mentions on other forums
White Sinestro?
Dress Wonder Woman?
Kryptonite Lex?

iOS Link
Batman Beyond Batman
Knightfall Bane
Arkham City Harley
New 52 Flash
New 52 Green Lantern
Lockdown Superman

Pre-Order
Red Son Grundy
Red Son Superman
Red Son Wonder Woman
Blackest Night Batman
Arkham City Batman
Arkham City Catwoman
Arkham City Joker

Collector's Edition
New 52 Superman
New 52 Wonder Woman
New 52 Batman

Other
CW "Arrow" Green Arrow

Well I'm certainly glad to hear that!

I'm happy to see the Nu52 stuff (Though I'd rather have my damn underwear-on-the-outside versions), and Knightfall Bane is as classic as classic can get, but most of the good stuff is under the pre-order or collector's edition categories (also I guess if you don't have an iPhone you're screwed!), and my beef is with costumes what-I-can-get-in-the-game, which I consider lacking. And Yellow Lantern GL is the regime alt, but it's exactly the kind of thing I want in my alt costumes, so I'll happily give that one a pass.

So based on that list, I see a total of 4 or 5 costumes "neat" costumes that I can unlock, all in that top list.

But like I said, happy to hear about free dlc costumes, and I don't think making us pay for costumes is terrible either, since a precident has already been set on that matter by Capcom and the like.

TDLink

Well I'm certainly glad to hear that!

I'm happy to see the Nu52 stuff (Though I'd rather have my damn underwear-on-the-outside versions), and Knightfall Bane is as classic as classic can get, but most of the good stuff is under the pre-order or collector's edition categories (also I guess if you don't have an iPhone you're screwed!), and my beef is with costumes what-I-can-get-in-the-game, which I consider lacking. And Yellow Lantern GL is the regime alt, but it's exactly the kind of thing I want in my alt costumes, so I'll happily give that one a pass.

So based on that list, I see a total of 4 or 5 costumes "neat" costumes that I can unlock, all in that top list.

But like I said, happy to hear about free dlc costumes, and I don't think making us pay for costumes is terrible either, since a precident has already been set on that matter by Capcom and the like.

The Regime alt for GL you unlock in the archive is a green version of the yellow suit. The yellow suit version is unlocked by playing Ranked online and has unique wager lines and win pose.

As for the iOS stuff, watch this topic or look around in the gamefaqs forums. There have been people sharing IDs so everyone can get all the costumes.

And of course, like I said, there are likely more unlocks than just those listed...we just don't know them yet + more free costumes coming soon via dlc.

I'm having a difficult time juggling with certain Nightwing launchers. Seems like I can't dash in most instances but most normals in regular stance don't quite have the range I need.

Xevren

I'm having a difficult time juggling with certain Nightwing launchers. Seems like I can't dash in most instances but most normals in regular stance don't quite have the range I need.

What kind of combo's are you going for? I have Nightwing pretty much down, none of my combo's require dashing.

Xevren

Please do write some down, some basic ones pls.

Easy ones to aim for:

Only Escrima sticks-
f2,1,3 xx df 2, f3, j2 (hit 2 right when you jump) land 2,2,3 chain. Meterless
f2,1,3 xx df 2 mb, b3 j2 land 2,2,3 chain. 1 bar

Can use db 4 instead of df 2 if they are blocking and you'll be safe, db 4 is real dirty as is since it can cross up. Can meter burst the flip kick and follow it up pretty much the same way as well. I don't end combo's with air shurikens due to his awful recovery, ending with 2,2,3 chain allows you rush in and apply pressure which he needs.

Staff only
1f1 xx db2 mb, b3, j2, 3 1 xx bf 3 (getting used to the timing on this can be kind of weird, but most of my combo's come from ex ground spark from staff, so learn to get as much damage as you can. b3 after the ground sparks needs to be delayed a bit. If you didn't delay you can just do 1 xx db 3 for damage.)

Things get trickier when you work in using trait in the middle of his chains and cancelling the stance switch into a special. I hope it makes some sense, failing that you can use test your mights Nightwing forum right here.

pelican

Am I the only one who would love to see Scarecrow joining as a dlc character?

Looking forward to playing it when I get home tonight. Should arrive in the mail today.

Is it normal to recieve disconnects on your hero card even if you haven't disconnected? This is after the patch. Several times I've been in the character select screen and received a message to say the game is no longer available, then returned to the menu.

has anyone else found someone helping to give away the ios costumes?

I got the knightfall bane and the New 52 green lantern/flash but I dont want to grind out the shit for the last 3 (plus my only ios device is my wife's phone)

and she really wants that harley costume

deim0s

Easy ones to aim for:

Only Escrima sticks-
f2,1,3 xx df 2, f3, j2 (hit 2 right when you jump) land 2,2,3 chain. Meterless
f2,1,3 xx df 2 mb, b3 j2 land 2,2,3 chain. 1 bar

Can use db 4 instead of df 2 if they are blocking and you'll be safe, db 4 is real dirty as is since it can cross up. Can meter burst the flip kick and follow it up pretty much the same way as well. I don't end combo's with air shurikens due to his awful recovery, ending with 2,2,3 chain allows you rush in and apply pressure which he needs.

Staff only
1f1 xx db2 mb, b3, j2, 3 1 xx bf 3 (getting used to the timing on this can be kind of weird, but most of my combo's come from ex ground spark from staff, so learn to get as much damage as you can. b3 after the ground sparks needs to be delayed a bit. If you didn't delay you can just do 1 xx db 3 for damage.)

Things get trickier when you work in using trait in the middle of his chains and cancelling the stance switch into a special. I hope it makes some sense, failing that you can use test your mights Nightwing forum right here.

Escrima:
Was doing a similar one, 113 to df2, j2, 333. Yours just do more damage.

db 4? This switches to staff right or do you mean the flip kick?

Staff is hard... Needs getting used to, having trouble immediately due to zero mobility. :/

Thanks for this, will check the TYM threads later.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
anyone has trouble linking the WBID account on Injustice (PS3)? It's not working for me :(

It's not working for me on the iOS app, so I think their servers are kind of borked atm. Getting the game tomorrow, trying to get some of the costumes out of the app. Do I need to do anything special for them?

Kizer

So it is my understanding from particular "sources" that two of the dlc characters will be Martian Manhunter and Atrocitus. I of course can't say for sure if this person will be right or not but they do have a position in the business, so I guess we shall see.

Khezu

So it is my understanding from particular "sources" that two of the dlc characters will be Martian Manhunter and Atrocitus. I of course can't say for sure if this person will be right or not but they do have a position in the business, so I guess we shall see.

I would be OK with this. Very OK.

The one and only Deathstroke player I came up against happened to be the number 1 ranked player on Wii U...and he wasn't cheap or spammy at all. I lost though..

DR2K

Banned

The fuck is an Atrocitus?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Red Lantern

1329309-atrocitus_by_neurowing.jpg
Atrocitus.jpg

Kizer

Dude, you've been discussing injustice with this group for months now. Atrocitus was brought up several times.

Another Lantern character? Really should just be a costume unlock. Same as SuperGirl or Bat girl or whatever could be used as a reasonable swap.

No, he really shouldn't be a costume unlock because Reds don't work like Greens or Yellows do.

I know it will never happen, but I want every corp in the spectrum to get a representative. I haven't a clue how Saint Walker could work.

DR2K

Banned
Dude, you've been discussing injustice with this group for months now. Atrocitus was brought up several times.

No, he really shouldn't be a costume unlock because Reds don't work like Greens or Yellows do.

I know it will never happen, but I want every corp in the spectrum to get a representative. I haven't a clue how Saint Walker could work.

I never heard or seen the character until the last few posts. What would warrant a unique slot?

Kizer

I never heard or seen the character until the last few posts. What would warrant a unique slot?

Atrocitus is the leader of the Red Lantern Corp which recently has been a fan favorite group. Enough so that they have been given their own on-going series within the DC new 52 as well as playing roles in almost every big green lantern event in recent history, so their relevance could/should not be questioned.

As Green Lanterns work off Will power and Yellows work off fear, Red Lanterns utilize rage. This makes them highly aggressive and berserk in a fight so I would imagine he would be one of the more aggressive characters in the game if not the most.

Red Lanterns have several abilities given to them by their ring, but their most unique is probably their ability to "vomit" plasma. This has been described as napalm and acid mixed together; it burns away at anything. The effect it has on living beings allows it to ignite the victim's blood and has the effect of burning through energy aura's of an enemy lantern, as well as corrupting other power rings, depleting them at an accelerated rate and greatly weakening the structures they create. This plasma is also one of the only substances in the universe that can destroy a Black Lantern corpse faster than it can regenerate itself.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't played the full version yet, but I would imagine that the PS3 community would be the most active since it's a fighting game. Also, I personally think the D-Pad is better for fighting games.

The controller is irrelevant; you can get a fight pad or stick. Plenty of people on 360, but for me only 1-2 people on my XBL friends list are playing it.

I had problems with Mortal Kombat online on PS3. Lots of dropped connections and weird problems with matches starting, then disconnecting on the character select screen. Got the latter once in the 360 version of Injustice, actually. There's just something about Netherrealm games.

I was unable to find any ranked matches online yesterday, though. It's like I was playing DOA5+ on Vita! :p Found plenty of people in player matches.

Not sure if I'm going to end up getting this on PS3 too or not.

Another Lantern character? Really should just be a costume unlock. Same as SuperGirl or Bat girl or whatever could be used as a reasonable swap.

Red Lantern (Atrocitus, Bleez, whoever the hell they want to use) Supergirl or Bat Girl would not be an effective costume for any of the current roster due to how they would actually function

Hell, you could get different enough fighting styles out of Babs, Cassandra, and Stephanie Brown to justify 3 batgirls even if that would make for a pretty awful list of characters

Kizer

Yo Q is getting buried on Wednesday.

Married on Wednesday. It goes
Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So there's NOT a way to break Grundy's multi-part throws? :/

I'm still having problems against zoners- it feels almost impossible to get close to Deathstroke with certain characters.

Definitely. He probably fits into a Netherrealm game more than any other DC character in Injustice. Looks like someone who could be in Mortal Kombat:

Atrocitus.png

Any of the Red Lanterns would work, for that matter.

Red_Lanterns-3_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg

GGs Ferrio.
The bomb seems pretty good. I don't know why you guys don't like it.

And Grundy's so fun to play.

what are you liking about him? also, how does he do against deathstroke?

i tried out hawkgirl some last night, but god is she boring. also, I'm getting some serious Nova vibes from Green Lantern haha

sephi22

I'm pretty sure Grundy gets devastated against Deathstroke. I like that Grundy can go from 40% throw combos into more 40% throw combos because of his good oki game

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what are you liking about him? also, how does he do against deathstroke?

i tried out hawkgirl some last night, but god is she boring. also, I'm getting some serious Nova vibes from Green Lantern haha

Hawkgirl is boring? Uhhh ok lol looks like you didn't use her 2 key moves properly

Top Bottom