• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Khezu

Man I don't think that GA on WNF has even touched the game yet lol.

GA can get it on DS easy with ducking ice arrows.

Been selling a lot at my store, I hope it performs well on NPD.

Also, I think Flash is my main and then Green Arrow. Either I just get lucky with them or I'm terrible and my button mashing works.

KevinCow

Banned
It's just muscle memory, practice a combo for like an hour or so, then your hands just take over and you can do it 100% of the time with out even paying attention.

Though there is a bit of curve in this game because the input buffer is all over the place.

I mean it's not even just this game, but fighting games in general. No matter how long I spend in training mode, I just can't get more than a handful of hits in a combo with any regularity.

I can generally get by and actually do kinda okay by playing heavy hitters and doing 3-4 hit combos... but once I start playing people who actually know how to combo, I'm just out of my league.

Then I watch people play Marvel and my brain just melts.

SmokeMaxX

I mean it's not even just this game, but fighting games in general. No matter how long I spend in training mode, I just can't get more than a handful of hits in a combo with any regularity.

I can generally get by and actually do kinda okay by playing heavy hitters and doing 3-4 hit combos... but once I start playing people who actually know how to combo, I'm just out of my league.

Then I watch people play Marvel and my brain just melts.

Do you own Marvel? I can probably teach you a combo you can learn in 15 seconds. Marvel has some of the easiest combos (and some of the hardest) in the genre and you can easily mash your way through many of them.

KevinCow

Banned
Do you own Marvel? I can probably teach you a combo you can learn in 15 seconds. Marvel has some of the easiest combos (and some of the hardest) in the genre and you can easily mash your way through many of them.

I gave up on Marvel before Ultimate even came out, after a guy completely obliterated my team in like two combos. Just completely lost the will to play it.

On the occasion that I do screw around with it, I just choose Hulk, Haggar, and Thor. Hulk smashes with H, Haggar jumps around and pipes dudes, and Thor zaps them from afar. Sometimes I'm even able to take out one of my opponent's characters!

Anyway, learning combos isn't the issue, it's doing them. I see the opening and I just have a brainfart.

SmokeMaxX

I gave up on Marvel before Ultimate even came out, after a guy completely obliterated my team in like two combos. Just completely lost the will to play it.

On the occasion that I do screw around with it, I just choose Hulk, Haggar, and Thor. Hulk smashes with H, Haggar jumps around and pipes dudes, and Thor zaps them from afar. Sometimes I'm even able to take out one of my opponent's characters!

Anyway, learning combos isn't the issue, it's doing them. I see the opening and I just have a brainfart.

Oh, yeah, that's just muscle memory again. Just do it a billion times. It helps if you have a character with a chainable light attack so you can just mash until you get the confirm. On the other hand, Haggar's good because he can just go into his combos either way. If they hit, you get a combo, and if the opponent blocks, you're still safe. Just gotta keep trying until you get your confidence up.

Jonogunn

I don't like and never play fighting games but I enjoy watching this one. Wish someone would stream the SP campaign again, I only saw about half of it on release night, but if not I guess I'll watch some random ladder.

But probably not that MK dude from NY again, seems nice enough but the way he ends half his sentences with a weird giggle creeps me out.

You can easily find SP walkthroughs on youtube. I'm sure tons of people are doing it with their own commentary.

The main reason I considered this game was for green arrow.

After hawkeye in the avengers and the arrow tv show I've been wanted more archery fixes.

My best character so far is black Adam

Best combo is like 33% no meter but it requires orbs and I can't do any more

It's good enough to win like 58% of my matches so far(according to ranked wins screen,) but when I see an actual good player take me to task it breaks my spirit lol

Have no clue what these abbreviated moves you guys are listing. No wonder this is such a niche genre anymore :(

From a noob to a noob I think b and f see back and forward, j is jump/jump in, then the numbers are 1 light, 2 medium, 3 heavy

I hope that's correct and also helps you understand that it's less complicated than it looks

Unless I'm totally wrong in which case I'm with you and I should sell my copy for knowing nothing when I think I know something

SmokeMaxX

Should really be using L M H and P.

Say no to numbers in fighting game notation.

Pssh. Tekken notation would be trash without numbers. This one it only matters slightly though. 1 is the same amount of characters as L and "M" would interfere with "Meter"
123PM is better than LMHPMB

Ken

After I B3, I go ahead and do j.2, f23; j.2 B23; air grapple (meter burn), straight grapple; air grapple (MB), j.2, f23.

If you want me to figure more things out for you, I can.

Are those multiple finishers or one combo, because I can't' get anything to connect affter f23.

Nevermind, semi-colons! Thanks!

Are those multiple finishers or one combo, because I can't' get anything to connect affter f23.

Nevermind, semi-colons! Thanks!

Yes, finishers. :p But you're welcome. ^^

Also, does anyone know what you get for completing all the STARS Labs missions with 3 stars?

Supergirl for DLC because of my superb detective skills that are probably reading way too much into something

also other people probably also put it together and said "nah thats stupid"

But I have hope that the evidence means she's in

A couple of the unlocks in the archives are comic book covers to use on your hero card, right

Superman covers, wonder woman covers, batman, new52 detective comics #1 joker head
nightwing #1, stuff like that.

The Supergirl #1 cover is in there, too

why would they do that?

Also if this is spoilers i'll edit it but I dont think it is (though some people might not like knowing that you can unlock a picture of something? idk)

TDLink

Crazy Ares combos on the leveluplive stream. This game is gonna be so hype in a month when everyone has their combos down.

HanktheAwesome

Neo Member
Just looked up the costume unlocks.

Extremely disappointed.

90% of the characters only have their "Regime/Resistance" costumes as alts.

I think I speak for a lot of comic book fans when I saw I really care about the brightly colored PJs my favorite superheroes wear. And I would have liked to have seen... like, I dunno. Classic costumes. Or fun alts.

I guess they want me to pay for that.

TDLink

Just looked up the costume unlocks.

Extremely disappointed.

90% of the characters only have their "Regime/Resistance" costumes as alts.

I think I speak for a lot of comic book fans when I saw I really care about the brightly colored PJs my favorite superheroes wear. And I would have liked to have seen... like, I dunno. Classic costumes. Or fun alts.

I guess they want me to pay for that.

We don't know all the costume unlocks yet and Netherrealm has said that there will be additional costumes released as FREE DLC in the future. Most characters definitely have more than their Regime/Insurgency alts...those are just the ones you unlock in the Archives via the armory keys.

Others I know about so far:

Non-Archive Unlocks
Elseworld Flash
New 52 Nightwing
New 52 Shazam
Yellow Lantern Green Lantern
Godfall Superman
Boss Grundy

Unconfirmed Rumours/Mentions on other forums
White Sinestro?
Dress Wonder Woman?
Kryptonite Lex?

iOS Link
Batman Beyond Batman
Knightfall Bane
Arkham City Harley
New 52 Flash
New 52 Green Lantern
Lockdown Superman

Pre-Order
Red Son Grundy
Red Son Superman
Red Son Wonder Woman
Blackest Night Batman
Arkham City Batman
Arkham City Catwoman
Arkham City Joker

Collector's Edition
New 52 Superman
New 52 Wonder Woman
New 52 Batman

Paid DLC
Flashpoint Wonder Woman
Flashpoint Aquaman
Flashpoint Deathstroke

Other
CW "Arrow" Green Arrow

Ferrio

Banned
GGs seph. I really don't like grundy. Is there any way to break out of holds? I also really hate his super. Not the super itself, but the fact that you can't really use wagers against Grundy, so him burning his meter doesn't mean shit.

GGs Ferrio.
The bomb seems pretty good. I don't know why you guys don't like it.

And Grundy's so fun to play.

Er what bomb?

Hey guys, I asked this question earlier but didn't see an answer. When will the season pass be available on the AUS/UK Playstation Store? It has already been updated this week and is still not available. It has been available in the US for at least two weeks now. I don't understand the hold up. It *is* going to be released outside of the US right?

sephi22

GGs seph. I really don't like grundy. Is there any way to break out of holds? I also really hate his super. Not the super itself, but the fact that you can't really use wagers against Grundy, so him burning his meter doesn't mean shit.
No you can't break his throws.
You can fill the screen with stuff when he does super though. Free damage.
Also good grundy players use a lot of meter for EX, so you won't have to worry about the super, just the command grab, but I'm still learning so my ex piles up.

Er what bomb?
Harley's unblockable bomb that slowly travels across screen.

Ferrio

Banned
No you can't break his throws.
You can fill the screen with stuff when he does super though. Free damage.
Also good grundy players use a lot of meter for EX, so you won't have to worry about the super, just the command grab, but I'm still learning so my ex piles up.

Harley can't fill the screen with anything other than bombs. So if you avoid the air she can't punish him.

Harley's unblockable bomb that slowly travels across screen.

That's not her trait. I only used her trait like 3 times, and got punished hardcore twice for it. Also that one sucks, you have to charge it a LONG time AND it has a chance to backfire.

I'm starting to think Harley is stuck in an odd position. She's the mix of zoning and pressure, but she excels at neither. The bomb toss is really the only good zoning option, the rest suck. Only like 3 of her specials are worth using IMO.

TDLink

Hey guys, I asked this question earlier but didn't see an answer. When will the season pass be available on the AUS/UK Playstation Store? It has already been updated this week and is still not available. It has been available in the US for at least two weeks now. I don't understand the hold up. It *is* going to be released outside of the US right?

I have no idea. Netherrealm is not very good about marketing/actually letting people know things about their games. You'll probably just have to wait till next week and see if it goes up then.

I have no idea. Netherrealm is not very good about marketing/actually letting people know things about their games. You'll probably just have to wait till next week and see if it goes up then.

That's such a poor effort on their behalf. I mean the game has already been released, there's no excusable reason for it not to be available now, particularly as it is the only method of obtaining the Flashpoint costumes.

Top Bottom