• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Usually not into fighting games but having fun with this one! Probably because they included a tutorial and a story mode.

WiiU version here, it looks great and works well on the Gamepad. I had an online fight and lag wasn't a problem.

I would buy another copy to play with a friend if they put out an online private match patch...

Somebody already post the GI interview with Ed Boon? Apparently, they are doing the "free costumes while you download our updates" thing again. I wonder are they gonna be new or is this how they are giving out some of the pre-order skins to the masses.

shaowebb

Yo guys...check the OT soon for a cool addition. 9.95 on TYM made a super comprehensive guide that shows how to optimize your stick layout for use with this game...even MK sticks. Explains shortcuts and even highlights throws for folks.

Its damned useful.

Here's a link to the original.

So are there any East Coast peeps going to Civil War this weekend? First semi-major Injustice tournament. Tom Brady is flying in on Friday and my boy Blackula is going to pick him up so I kight be getting some Lab time with them before the tournament on Saturday.

I'm doing what now?

And my Green arrow is coming along nicely.. actually learned some combos today. Getting more used to the system.

Just a couple more days until I go online so I can drop each one of em.

shaowebb

I'm doing what now?

And my Green arrow is coming along nicely.. actually learned some combos today. Getting more used to the system.

Just a couple more days until I go online so I can drop each one of em.

Anything not using Ice Arrows, 4 bar super or stage hazards that nets over 31% would be useful to me right now. I'm trying to optimize my archer and his damage isn't happening without a lot of meter usage...I'm thinking fire or electric arrows may be the key to extending him.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh some reason I have hard time comboing harley's command throw. Guess I'm still not used to this japanese stick.

Did my first player matches. First went against a deathstroke, and I tore him a new one. Harley's stance is noob eater.

Ken

Nothing, unless you meter burn.

Once I meter burn, I usually jump in attack (if its the air one), or wall bounce from the ground one.

Hm, okay. I think I'll stick to my BnB since I like being able to end with a super and I'm not very good at getting the grapple after 22.

TDLink

Interesting part of that:

To the Plastic Man question, unfortunately, he was never up for consideration for the cast. The reality is that I have one of these big DC bibles that has all the characters in there. Captain Boomerang, Mr. Mxasdfasd, Captain Cold, including Plastic Man and Elongated Man.

When you're talking about 25 characters, with DLC close to 30, at some point you can't… for instance, we never considered the Atom, a character who's three inches tall. They are just so wild, and so out of the picture that they just never made it onto the table. The first maybe fourteen characters kinda wrote themselves.

We weren't going to have a DC game without Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman. You have to have Luther, you have to have Joker. All these guys. That kind of fills up 60 - 75% of the cast. And then you start getting into the more obscure ones like Penguin, Lobo, and other ones like that. It becomes more about which ones we can fit into the story, which ones DC wants.

DC was a great collaborator in this whole thing. That's the longwinded way of saying that Plastic Man was never on the table. <laughs>

So Plastic Man confirmed for not being a DLC character (oh well). Also, 25 characters? We have 24...

Hm, okay. I think I'll stick to my BnB since I like being able to end with a super and I'm not very good at getting the grapple after 22.

Well you don't exactly have to use 22 it could be 11 as well. Its just however you want to take it. Meter burning with grapple is really good, i'm sure once you get it down you'll use it more.

ill try again...does anyone have any tips on the best button load out for the Hori EX2? I am new to fight sticks but really want to learn to use it on this game, I wish this stick had the 8 main buttons and not 6.

Right now I have it as
-top 3=light, medium, special
-bottom 3-hard, throw, interact
-top 2 which I hate where these are I have switch stance, meter

this seems ok to me but its going to take a while for me to get used to this thing

calder

I don't like and never play fighting games but I enjoy watching this one. Wish someone would stream the SP campaign again, I only saw about half of it on release night, but if not I guess I'll watch some random ladder.

But probably not that MK dude from NY again, seems nice enough but the way he ends half his sentences with a weird giggle creeps me out.

Just played my first hour with this game. It's da shitzz!!! Love it! I haven't tried all the characters yet, but I really wanted Flash to be as impressive as he was in MK vs DC. He seems less impressive. Superman is more impressive though. I like his flying moves. I also like Green Arrow (once I figured out how to fire his bow). Art in the game is incredible. I love the SP modes (best I've seen in a fighting game to date).

There is no way I'm going online. It will only make me hate the game and put it away. I'd rather play with my daughter and just master the CPU.

-M

Nori Chan

Somebody already post the GI interview with Ed Boon? Apparently, they are doing the "free costumes while you download our updates" thing again. I wonder are they gonna be new or is this how they are giving out some of the pre-order skins to the masses.
Yes! I love the fact mk did that. I'm pretty sure itll be new 52 costume. Give me a raven one. That ridiculous one lol

Ken

Yes you can, on the grounded grapple one of course. Even B3 which is really helpful in continuing combos or level transitions.

What do you do after B3? I'm doing B23 afterwards and getting 33%.

F3 doesn't launch them high enough to follow up with a jump attack it seems so I'm not sure what to follow up with.

SUPARSTARX

How do you guys feel about the stage interactables so far 1-4 days in?

Where is the logic in letting good ranged characters get a free pass to unblockables while back peddling a long stage? I don't see it. The damage needs to be toned down.

Nori Chan

Really wanted to main deathstroke, but I was reading on TYM that he's much more of a zoner character rather than rushdown. I really don't want to do nothing but zone so I guess he's out of choices :\

Thinking about getting into nightwing or maybe catwoman or frost.

Khezu

Harley is fun online so far.

Mostly focused on zoning though, need to figure out what to do up close with her, her normals feel kinda weird.

Command grab is nifty though.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't understand how people can be good enough to to call these 10+ hit combos their B&B and land them regularly. I feel accomplished just figuring out a good 6-hit, 30% combo in training mode, but hell if I can land it with any regularity in a real match.

Ferrio

Banned
Harley is fun online so far.

Mostly focused on zoning though, need to figure out what to do up close with her, her normals feel kinda weird.

Command grab is nifty though.

Pressure strings and mixups with her stance.

If your stance hits, 1, b+3 -> whatever

Khezu

I don't understand how people can be good enough to to call these 10+ hit combos their B&B and land them regularly. I feel accomplished just figuring out a good 6-hit, 30% combo in training mode, but hell if I can land it with any regularity in a real match.

It's just muscle memory, practice a combo for like an hour or so, then your hands just take over and you can do it 100% of the time with out even paying attention.

Though there is a bit of curve in this game because the input buffer is all over the place.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I suck horrible ass with Grundy online, goddammit. Input lag is making it near impossible for me to get his chain grab, and I can't tell what the connection is really like until I'm in the match. I might need a scrub bane instead.

Anyone else get a bit turned off from their character when you notice everyone using them? Haven't seen many online, but I'm hearing a lot of people mentioning my character.... Leave her alone. There's nothing to see...

What do you do after B3? I'm doing B23 afterwards and getting 33%.

F3 doesn't launch them high enough to follow up with a jump attack it seems so I'm not sure what to follow up with.

After I B3, I go ahead and do j.2, f23; j.2 B23; air grapple (meter burn), straight grapple; air grapple (MB), j.2, f23.

If you want me to figure more things out for you, I can.

Top Bottom