• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Grimsen

I've interrupted opponents going for interactables plenty of times.

I like that stage awareness is super important, like in VF/SC.

Also, I need to try this, but backdashing unblockable interactables thrown from far should work, right?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
the worst is when you think your out of the range of them and BAM IT HITS YOUR CAPE AND TAKES 20% OF YOUR LIFE. I dont know if it is an online option but as soon as i get home i am checking.

DR2K

Banned
I love interactables, makes the game feel different than the average fighter. With gadget characters they can get some pretty nasty set ups in some levels.

Harley's power is pretty shitty.

Wait! You can scream "duhh!" If you guys want, but you can shoot down interactibles? Played a dude online and she tried to throw that little glass ball at me, from the Aqua man stage, and I shot dat ish down out of his hands! I screamed so loud!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Interactibles are fun, and power characters aren't inherently advantageous with them. A character like raven doesn't have the mobility to get out of the corner easily without her install, so being able to jump out can be a godsend to do. Flash can do his db1 move to negate the hit. You can hit people out of the startup, etc.

The best interactibles are stuff like hitting the switch in watchtower to light people on fire, and they both do that. Same with the large crystal on fortress of solitude, both chuck it. Gadget characters still throw a lot of stuff.

I do think the damage itself is pretty damn high, and I liked when I saw before it was meter burned to become unblockable(what happened to that?), but for now it's still too early to say too much. I like the stage awareness they cause. Same with the transitions, you get unclashable damage but lose the corner pressure.

Kurod

Banned
Welp, after seeing all the stuff posted by Maximilian on his youtube page and watching WNF this week I finally caved in and bought Injustice. My PSN is kurod007 if anyone wants to friend me for some online matches. I'd like to get good with Shazam but Green Lantern seems so much better so far.

posted this in the BST thread but I figure I would have more interested parties in here: Looking for a PS3 season pass for Injustice. Have an Infamous Festival of Blood code that includes bonus dlc as well for trade.

Kizer

I got my arrow skin. Feels good. Also, I like the environments. It feels fresh and awesome. I don't think power characters have an advantage with them because it leaves them totally vulnerable for anything and everything. Free damage if they think they can just pick something up safely when in close proximity to you.

Ryce

Are Flash, Raven, and Killer Frost the only Gadget characters who can't set explosives? Are they given any advantages to offset that handicap?

Khezu

Are Flash, Raven, and Killer Frost the only Gadget characters who can't set explosives? Are they given any advantages to offset that handicap?

Honestly they could have let flash do it, he could shove speed force into it and make it explode, cause his powers are silly like that.

After my friend eating me up yesterday going like 7-43 to him I feel like I'm sort of clicking with Hawkgirl. Deathstrokes are still sort of tearing me up. I cheaped a couple in survival with mace spam and dives...I wasn't trying to. Well I did but I was in total fear and didn't think I could with it being so slow. I'm so terrible but this games so fun.

eggwolio

I was just playing Grundy v. Batman(Single Player) and when we clashed, the dialog was hilarious.
"You overgrown gorilla!" "Me Grundy, not Grodd!"

Krackatoa

No. It's my one beef as I see interactables getting more and more useful as people explore their combo potential. However, because matchups are still being figured out, there's no sense in complaining just yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Flash is basically immune to interactibles so I don't mind him not being able to blow then up. Weird for all of them though.

Grimsen

Had a weird bug tonight. The last online challenge that was up was get 10 online wins with Harley. I didn't bother, but when I got home from work it said challenge completed at the top right of the screen.

They also need to get the zombie mode working on 360. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No. It's my one beef as I see interactables getting more and more useful as people explore their combo potential. However, because matchups are still being figured out, there's no sense in complaining just yet.
They get movement bonuses and a dive kick. Killer Frost and Flash alone can do mix ups and win off one hit. They don't get to use them as damage tools because they don't need it.

As for how to avoid every single hazard? Just backdash.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'm sure I'm the only dummy who thought this would work, but I can confirm now that if you get a code for PS3 on that facebook thingy and redeem it on a Euro account, it doesn't unlock the skins on a US disc. Shucks.

I'm having a blast unlocking costumes, but still really want the New 52 Pack, Zombie Mode, and Arkham. Maybe when they do compatibility updates, some of those will be more widely available.

I just wanna know how to pronounce his name.

The install option isn't listed for anyone, I don't think. I think as stages load, certain elements are installed bit by bit.

Also, if you ever get those Arrow codes, I'd trade you the Red Son pack for one. If you're interested.
sure. Save them for me. If in two days I don't say anything back, go ahead and trade with someone else

Krackatoa

They get movement bonuses and a dive kick. Killer Frost and Flash alone can do mix ups and win off one hit. They don't get to use them as damage tools because they don't need it.

As for how to avoid every single hazard? Just backdash.

I was going to mention Frost and Flash don't need help. However, I definitely don't consider the movement options to be nearly as useful, especially due to the recovery and length of the animation.

Divekick is pretty bad. Due to the precanned backdash animation, you don't get any wakeup pressure. I don't think it's unblockable either. :S

The issue here is that people are going to be jonesing for nerfs for these characters. Their lack of useful stage hazards really shouldn't be such a stark balancing factor.

Really, if hazards really are a problem, and you're right in that they could very well not be, a simple numbers tweak to active frames and damage scaling in combos would solve a lot of the balance issues that could crop up.

Just did Superman's Classic battle mode to see his ending

Put kryptonite capsule in his body that will open inside of him when triggered by a remote control..every justice league member gets a shift to hold onto it for a week. Except batman lmao

Just did Superman's Classic battle mode to see his ending

Put kryptonite capsule in his body that will open inside of him when triggered by a remote control..every justice league member gets a shift to hold onto it for a week. Except batman lmao

Of course thats the most intelligent thing to do and a villain would never steal that, ever

Cynar

I love the interactables, keeps the game fresh. I can see turning them off from time to time but I like the extra depth that they provide. Also, backdash backdash backdash to avoid them. It's not too hard.

Kurod

Banned
I love the interactables, keeps the game fresh. I can see turning them off from time to time but I like the extra depth that they provide. Also, backdash backdash backdash to avoid them. It's not too hard.

I'm loving them too...especially after discovering that some characters do different things. I was playing around with The Flash when I found out that pressing towards+R1 while in front of the Bat-Signal made me grab my opponent and start repeatedly slamming his head into it at super speed. Awesome!

Nori Chan

I'm not talking about
pussy
Superman, I'm talking about no fucks given Superman.
came on scene and got shit done...I see why they had to Goku him and keep him away for most of the story,....too beast

but
pussy superman killed joker, green arrow, shazam, and everybody else wtf lol

ReiGun

I'm not talking about
pussy
Superman, I'm talking about no fucks given Superman.
came on scene and got shit done...I see why they had to Goku him and keep him away for most of the story,....too beast

Word.
Superman came in and laid down the law. "Oh Black Adam talking shit? Get bopped. Sinestro and Hal too? Lol take them rings off. Aquaman you can get this work too. Oh you gon send in Doomsday? Lol whatever. And who's this fucking scrub with my face but none of my swag? This one's for you, Billy!

FSLink

Banned
First five people to send me a PM with their WBID user/pass info (change your pass beforehand of course) gets all 5 iOS skins. The last skin is a story spoiler btw.

EDIT: DONE!

Top Bottom