• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

SmokeMaxX

Haven't kept up a lot with this game. Is there a good tier list? I know it's nearly day 1, but I'm just curious what pros/the community thinks. Uhhh actually most importantly I want to know where Sinestro lies in the scheme of things.

Kizer

Haven't kept up a lot with this game. Is there a good tier list? I know it's nearly day 1, but I'm just curious what pros/the community thinks. Uhhh actually most importantly I want to know where Sinestro lies in the scheme of things.

A lot of people seem to think Sinestro isn't good. Green Lantern, on the other hand is considered strong. The finals are today at civil war for Injustice so we shall see who ends up where. ChrisG won exhibitions with Green Arrow and Black Adam though.

shaowebb

A good tier list? No tier list this early is good, but there are some standouts a lot are using it seems.

Aquaman, Superman, Bane, Grundy, Green Lantern all get a lot of play and big damage. However folks like Chris G are showing how good things like Green Arrow can be, I'm seeing Batman's that frighten me with their remote bat pressure and setups, and Killer Frost is fast looking to me like she can do just about anything well.

At this point you can essentially make anyone work, but if you want fast to learn damage I'd suggest the ones I mentioned.

Ryce

Is winning a ranked match the only way to unlock the Yellow Lantern skin? You can't get it by leveling up or anything? I'm pretty awful at the game, and jumping into a ranked match seems daunting to me at this point.

Dude Abides

Banned
Is winning a ranked match the only way to unlock the Yellow Lantern skin? You can't get it by leveling up or anything? I'm pretty awful at the game, and jumping into a ranked match seems daunting to me at this point.

Are you on 360? Don't be intimidated. I am a total complete scrub. I can't even do a combo. I'm currently on a 5 win streak.

The stage interactions are clearly the worst thing in this game. I just want to fight. One minute ago someone defeated me because he was throwing barrels at me for the last 30 seconds.

If you need an easy ranked win, seriously, just use Doomsday.

People freak the fuck out and don't know what to do. Seriously, it's amazingly easy. Seems like there's no other Doomsdays in this game, too.

DeathStroke seems to be the way for a very easy win, too.

SmokeMaxX

A good tier list? No tier list this early is good, but there are some standouts a lot are using it seems.

Aquaman, Superman, Bane, Grundy, Green Lantern all get a lot of play and big damage. However folks like Chris G are showing how good things like Green Arrow can be, I'm seeing Batman's that frighten me with their remote bat pressure and setups, and Killer Frost is fast looking to me like she can do just about anything well.

At this point you can essentially make anyone work, but if you want fast to learn damage I'd suggest the ones I mentioned.

Haha well I'm sure that it won't represent the end game; I'm just curious where Sinestro stands right now. I'm probably still going to use him anyway. I don't have time to play that much due to school so I might as well play who I enjoy.

Kizer

Just dive in. Everyone sucks in ranked so you'll be ok.

If you need an easy ranked win, seriously, just use Doomsday.

People freak the fuck out and don't know what to do. Seriously, it's amazingly easy. Seems like there's no other Doomsdays in this game, too.

DeathStroke seems to be the way for a very easy win, too.

Or you could go with Green Lantern. His combos are pretty brain dead. Which is fitting for Hal, really.

The stage interactions are clearly the worst thing in this game. I just want to fight. One minute ago someone defeated me because he was throwing barrels at me for the last 30 seconds.

Here is how you beat stage transitions:

Stop being a puss. They have to take the time to pick up the item they want to throw at you. Hit them and they can't. They can't block or anything in the mean time. If you see them running to the barrels to throw them at you? Get in that ass.

If they are going to throw the barrels at you and they are throwing them over head? If you're in the middle of the screen and can't get there in time? Duck. That's it. really. If you are at the far end of the screen you just need to jump. Time your jump to go above it when it starts to lose altitude. Unless you are Nightwing in staff mode, you should clear it if you timed it right.

Dahbomb

Haha well I'm sure that it won't represent the end game; I'm just curious where Sinestro stands right now. I'm probably still going to use him anyway. I don't have time to play that much due to school so I might as well play who I enjoy.
Pretty much everyone on the hero side is good/solid. Some of the characters on the villain side are questionable about how solid they are. Sinestro is negative as hell on a ton of his moves and most top players aren't feeling him right now. Joker's HaHa trait is difficult to get to max with not as much obvious pay off. Harley Quinn's trait has random properties with long start up but otherwise is a solid character. Luthor is fairly unexplored but does have some interesting tools. The rest are solid characters though on the villain side. It's also uncertain how the big bodies will fair in the meta game.

sephi22

Playing Nightwing is like throwing cotton balls
Lies. He's got amazing rushdown and that staff stance up close is killer.

I don't know what this means. is he shit? i thought he was supposed to be good?
He isn't good. He's great.

How do I know what combos link?
Go to training mode and see the combos section. Try to cancel into special moves from various points in the combos. Ex the special moves to see which one launches them. Then do more combos while they are floating. That's the general flow of combos in this game.

hey do you get a lot out of swamp hands? does it have any use during wakeup pressure?
Swamp hands is one of Grundy's greatest tools. Its unlike anything any grappler's had in any game. Its a low, but if they block it close to you, you are very punishable.
I don't think its good for wakeup pressure. You can try to do double lows or overhead into Ex swamp hands as a risky wakeup mixup. Ex Swamp hands also has 1 hit of armor, so say they wakeup with a crouching jab, you will grab them with ex hands and will get a free combo/chain grab.
Overhead to low strings can be b+1 -> ex Hands, or f+3 -> ex Hands
You can also double low strings like f+2 -> ex Hands

But honestly Grundy has better options for wakeup pressure, like j.3, Meaty f+1,3 (low starter), meaty b+1,3 (overhead into low) and so on.

Just started watching the archives of this and they really started this with Tom Brady vs Reo? Who setup that bracket lol
That was a casual match

Pretty much everyone on the hero side is good/solid. Some of the characters on the villain side are questionable about how solid they are. Sinestro is negative as hell on a ton of his moves and most top players aren't feeling him right now. Joker's HaHa trait is difficult to get to max with not as much obvious pay off. Harley Quinn's trait has random properties with long start up but otherwise is a solid character. Luthor is fairly unexplored but does have some interesting tools. The rest are solid characters though on the villain side. It's also uncertain how the big bodies will fair in the meta game.

Luthor is solid. Bane is suspect. Agree with the rest.

So, how do I get good at this game?

I'm not a fighting game veteran, and this is really one of the first titles that I'm aiming to properly learn.

Is there a good beginners guide anywhere to teach me the fundamentals? I want to start making up my own combos and destroying people through skill (and not just spamming projectiles :p )

shaowebb

Day 1 patch was the final build of the game which was withheld from disc. I guess as a pirate precaution or something to keep online semi tolerable week 1.

BTW I'm loving the archived footage from Civil War 5 last night. I was working on stuff in the evening and I missed it. Folks need to clash more and use meter for bounce cancel extension more IMO though.

sephi22

Just noticed they nerfed Nightwings db 3 (staff spin). The MB used to do a ground bounce, now its kinda useless

Day 1 patch nerfed a lot of characters

That's so Raven
Wait so did you just patch your game?

Seems to take a looonnnnggggg time to get a player match on the ps3. Ranked also takes
quite a but of time. What's the fastest way to get a game going?
Go to Join Room, join one of the 100-man rooms with the highest number of players. Challenge someone who's idle or join someone's KOTH lobby in there. Or sit there and wait for others to challenge you.

Oh, I wouldn't know. I didn't get to play the leaked copy so I had nothing to compare it to.

I bet armor will get past that Raven grab haha. Stuff in this game is hilariously bad.

I didn't play it either, I was just watching Nightwing combos on youtube before the game came out, then I tried to do them and it didn't work cause the attack was nerfed :p

shaowebb

Any word which heavyweight Mike Ross decided on yet? He liked Solomon Grundy at EVO and then I didn't hear anything throughout the rest of development. Will it be Grundy, Bane or Doomsday?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
watching the first batman chapter on yt...main plot device seems very similar to mk9

The overall plot is mostly similar to various DC story arcs involving multiple realities - but I can say without spoilers that time travel and a "reboot" are not involved in the plot here.

shaowebb

Grundy because he requires the least skill.

srQjJpL.gif

Kizer

Any word which heavyweight Mike Ross decided on yet? He liked Solomon Grundy at EVO and then I didn't hear anything throughout the rest of development. Will it be Grundy, Bane or Doomsday?

I forgot Mike Ross even happened till you mentioned him right now. I am gonna guess Grundy for the grabs or Doomsday since he probably plays most like Hulk with his gamma charge and such.

NEO0MJ

I forgot Mike Ross even happened till you mentioned him right now. I am gonna guess Grundy for the grabs or Doomsday since he probably plays most like Hulk with his gamma charge and such.

Probably. Don't forget that he played Honda in SF IV. He likes the big heavy hitters, not the grapplers.

Kyzon

I'm in consideration for buying this on Wii U. Should I do it? I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, but I'm not sure if I want to give this a try. I'll be leaving my house in an hour to go eat and maybe buy it if I'm convinced.

shaowebb

I thought Doomsday for the AA grab and armor, but theres also Bane for that as well. He's got a lot of options right now. Be cool if he played them all.

The input delay (online) is really starting to get on my nerves now. It's often impossible to do a normal combo. Even the easiest (Deathstroke shooting) attacks can go wrong.
Example:

How it should be: Down, Right, triangle = shooting
What happens: down, triangle (low kick)

I hate this. I tried it multiple times (in the same match). Won't work.
Of course this was not the first time. It's unpredictable.

I changed to practice mode and it worked like it should be

KevinCow

Banned
I'm in consideration for buying this on Wii U. Should I do it? I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, but I'm not sure if I want to give this a try. I'll be leaving my house in an hour to go eat and maybe buy it if I'm convinced.

If you like Mortal Kombat, then you'll almost certainly like this.

Was there a Day 1 patch for the Wii U version? I got the eShop version and there wasn't a patch.

I got the disc, and there was not a patch.

The input delay (online) is really starting to get on my nerves now. It's often impossible to do a normal combo. Even the easiest (Deathstroke shooting) attacks can go wrong.
Example:

How it should be: Down, Right, triangle = shooting
What happens: down, triangle (low kick)

I hate this. I tried it multiple times (in the same match). Won't work.
Of course this was not the first time. It's unpredictable.

I changed to practice mode and it worked like it should be

Yea the netcode is pretty ass

Top Bottom