• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Tizoc

So how do people think this game going to do sales-wise? The recent news of Darkstalkers Resurrection's disappointing sales has me slightly worried that the general fighting game fatigue will have an impact here. Though I guess the DC characters (especially having Batman and Joker on the front cover) will help bring in fans. Hopefully the story mode and new gameplay ideas can help bring some freshness to the genre, as a new fighting game IP like this is sorely needed.

I think it will do well, I don't see what Darkstalkers R. has to do with it's sales tbh.

Chindogg

So how do people think this game going to do sales-wise? The recent news of Darkstalkers Resurrection's disappointing sales has me slightly worried that the general fighting game fatigue will have an impact here. Though I guess the DC characters (especially having Batman and Joker on the front cover) will help bring in fans. Hopefully the story mode and new gameplay ideas can help bring some freshness to the genre, as a new fighting game IP like this is sorely needed.

This game will be just fine in sales. Like all the NRS games, the casuals will eat it up regardless of game quality. They even went as far as to try to accommodate the Capcom players into buying their game. They have my money, and they'll have many others.

WB Dropped an Official Ares vs Killer Frost Gameplay

Got to say both of these character feel like wasted roster spots. They might be solid fighters but I can think of people I'd take over them any day of the week.

Darkseid
Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Doctor Fate
Captain Atom
Power Girl
Zatanna
Starfire
Booster Gold and Skeets

OSHAN

My fourth would have been Damian Robin buuuuuut, yeah.

image.php

Gamestop does not list what brand the fight stick is that comes with the $150 one, does anyone know what kind of stick this is and if its worth it? I have the Hori EX2 that I have barely used but dont want to upgrade if its not worth it.

Can any of you guys that are good with sticks let me know if you like the Hori EX2 or should I look for something else, I havent put in much time with sticks, i end up getting frustrated and going back to the controller

Any idea what the word is for DLC on the Wii U version?

If your really that eager to get the DLC and its possible I'd say get the 360/PS3 Version. Wii U has a bad track record for DLC and there is no collectors editions available for the Wii U and no mention of the Preorder bonuses for the Standard edition Wii U

vocab

This game will do better than dsr. If the online is good, it will have some legs as well.

vocab

Gamestop does not list what brand the fight stick is that comes with the $150 one, does anyone know what kind of stick this is and if its worth it? I have the Hori EX2 that I have barely used but dont want to upgrade if its not worth it.

Can any of you guys that are good with sticks let me know if you like the Hori EX2 or should I look for something else, I havent put in much time with sticks, i end up getting frustrated and going back to the controller
It's a pdp brand stick. Hori ex2 is alright despite the awful Hori buttons. Pad works pretty well with this game.

Ken

PDP I think, which doesn't have the best quality from what I've read. I'd skip it.

Ryce

So how do people think this game going to do sales-wise? The recent news of Darkstalkers Resurrection's disappointing sales has me slightly worried that the general fighting game fatigue will have an impact here.
Nobody cared about Darkstalkers fifteen years ago, so why would Capcom expect Resurrection to do well in the first place? I guess the vocal minority got into Capcom's head and convinced them that Darkstalkers was popular or something.

BadWolf

DSR is a port of a very old game that wasn't all too popular to begin with, I wouldn't worry for Injustice's sales.

If your really that eager to get the DLC and its possible I'd say get the 360/PS3 Version. Wii U has a bad track record for DLC and there is no collectors editions available for the Wii U and no mention of the Preorder bonuses for the Standard edition Wii U

For convenience and preference I'm only considering the Wii U version. I know it has no season pass and I dont care for that. I just want to know about DLC.

J-Tier

Yeah, I think DSR and fighting ports/remakes in general just don't interest anyone besides the hardcore. Therefore, I don't think it's relevant to Injustice.

As for fighting game fatigue, not really sure it's an issue, people are already clamoring for an SF5/Alpha for example (despite how much it irks me).

For convenience and preference I'm only considering the Wii U version. I know it has no season pass and I dont care for that. I just want to know about DLC.
It's in all likely hood not happening. No season pass. No collectors edition (which includes dlc) and no preorder bonuses.

Without spoiler if the regime lose then fuck that. They are so stacked in terms of power

Green Lantern
Sinestro
The Flash
Bane
Shazam
Black Adam
Doomsday
Wonder Woman
Superman

It's like a power house dream team if a couple of people with guns a rich kid with long car and a dude in power armor take the win then that's some mega plot armor

NEO0MJ

It's like a power house dream team if a couple of people with guns a rich kid with long car and a dude in power armor take the win then that's some mega plot armor

Well, Lex and Batman are probably the most deus ex machina characters ever so is it really unlikely?

Sulik2

WB Dropped an Official Ares vs Killer Frost Gameplay

Got to say both of these character feel like wasted roster spots. They might be solid fighters but I can think of people I'd take over them any day of the week.

Darkseid
Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Doctor Fate
Captain Atom
Power Girl
Zatanna
Starfire
Booster Gold and Skeets

Darkseid will be DLC I would bet. Smart marketing move, he will sell great as an add-on character.

Kizer

This game is going to do amazingly well. Capcom expected people to go nuts over darkstalkers because thats what fans said they would do. Fans are liars. To be fair, DSR sold rather well and was one of the top sellers on PSN. They just expected it to do better, which is fair enough.

Another issue was that DSR sells older games to people of a newer generation. Injustice is a brand new game and that is more appealing than purchasing an old game.

The only justifiable reason I could see not to have Power Girl over someone like Killer Frost in the base game is because she will sell so well as DLC.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Wasn't MK9 one of the most successful fighting games recently? I think Injustice will do really well.

It's the best selling fighting game of the gen. It must be over 4 million copies by now.

Injustice will sell pretty damn well. I'm sure Warner Bros is gonna advertise the shit out of it.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm loving the demo. Playing with Wonder Woman is tons of fun. I think I'll be maining her along with Harley Quinn.

I barely know the characters in this game since I don't read comics, but this is NRS we are talking about, so I had to support.

Ryce

Injustice Facebook said:
Remember to VOTE in the Battle Arena, which is extended this week! Voting is open until our live finale on Monday, 4/15, at 7pm PST. Don't miss it - there will be a special announcement.
First DLC character, please.

Xevren

Not complaining, but it happens all the time, and now it didn't. That and the 4 dlc characters, that didn't leaked yet. Good shit NetherRealm!

BOSS

Illegal downloads, not legit copies.

There's definitely legit copies floating around. Just a matter if you're lucky enough to find a place willing to break street dates.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The only justifiable reason I could see not to have Power Girl over someone like Killer Frost in the base game is because she will sell so well as DLC.

Further, depending if they go the hero/villain route I would not be surprised to see characters get grouped. A big name DLC character paired with a lesser known one would be a good move, I think.

Tizoc

Without spoiler if the regime lose then fuck that. They are so stacked in terms of power

Green Lantern
Sinestro
The Flash
Bane
Shazam
Black Adam
Doomsday
Wonder Woman
Superman

If Batman is amongst the regime, they've already lost. Because Batman.

NEO0MJ

They probably brought Frost because they wanted more female villains. Also, because ice powers.

Further, depending if they go the hero/villain route I would not be surprised to see characters get grouped. A big name DLC character paired with a lesser known one would be a good move, I think.

I highly doubt they'd pair characters, but you never know.

I wouldn't say that. But it would be seriously lame if the devs couldn't be bothered to port over a few skins at the very least.

Especially considering they're already on disc.

Top Bottom