• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Anyone got some advice for handling aquaman's zoning? Both my batman and superman got worked real bad by him :/

The grand finals match that just happened today at Civil War between Tom Brady (Aquaman) and REO (Batman) is a good example of how to handle it. Relentless pressure. Use your bats to keep the pressure on Aquaman between your strings and don't let him get the breathing room his trait allows him to have.

Kizer

Injustice results at Civil War

1. EMP|REO (Batman)
2. EMP|Tom Brady (Aquaman)
3. AGE|NYChrisG (Green Arrow, Black Adam)
4. PTH|MR. Aquaman (Ares)
5. TS|Sabin (Green Lantern)
5. Re$e|Killinator (Doomsday)
7. TS|NerdJosh (Wonder Woman)
7. MH|Alukard (Nightwing)

Archon473

The Deathstroke salt is hilarious. At high level he gets smoked hard. So many characters have like projectile counters/invulnerable states, teleports or slides/mid range grabs or even fucking seismos that mess him up.

Quoting from 6 pages deep because this is the pinnacle of truth. Never mind the current state of Deathstroke, that his firearms start slower than most standing normal attacks, that they deal minimal damage on chip and fair damage on hit, that they can be blocked or evaded on reaction and do not push back, and that they are not viable within sweep range because they are unsafe on block.

Sinestro and Black Adam out-zone him.
Killer Frost's ground tracking projectile completely nullifies Deathstroke's projectiles.
Aquaman and Green Lantern go toe-to-toe with him.
Superman and Hawkgirl have aerial movement, aerial projectiles, and advancing attacks to approach him.
Raven does not fear him.
Acrobats like The Flash and Nightwing tap dance on him.

NRS should not even consider altering a single character in this game until months after the final DLC character is released. The community needs time to digest the roster in full. Every night I find something that challenges me, and the next morning I wake with possible solutions. For every character that troubles me, I construct ways to fight them or better approach them and the match becomes more nuanced. Settle yourselves and stop worrying about what's tough to fight online, of all things.

Dahbomb

I don't think Sinestro out zones Deathstrokes at all.

That Injustice top 8 had all 8 different characters. Probably the most balanced fighter to come out at day 1 in recent memory. Of course that will change over time but it's nice to see there's no obvious broke character right now.

Only played a little bit so far, but I'm surprised that I am enjoying Supes as much as I am. Between him
turning Sinestro into a bitch
in the story, his
Godfall
costume, his awesome comebacks in the betting thing, 'what makes you think you can win?' 'i'm superman' and how awesome he is to play in general.

I've enjoyed playing Bane too, but I just miss all the toys Superman has that Bane doesn't.

Superman is an awesome character who is underrated beyond belief.

I personally really, really enjoyed his role in the story mode. He was basically
Goku. Everyone is just struggling trying to save time until he arrives, and once he does, he gets shit fixed.

1. EMP|REO (Batman)

I love all the different characters used. I need to watch this later.

Grimsen

Just broke into the top 100 leaderboard for Survivor. Though I'm #100 so that probably won't last long.

I feel like every time I go into Survivor I get at least a 10 game winning streak. Really easy to gain back health and nobody knows how to do combos.

Just got a 22 win streak in survivor, and that put me at 133rd on xbl. :O

Gonna catch up!

So Arturo saying about how b12xdd3 with Aquaman is neutral frames had made me hit the lab.

GOD DAMN.

What does that even mean?!

I have no clue either. lol

Is there some sort of "Fighting Game Lingo for Dummies" guide? I'd really like to get better at this game but even the "beginner" tutorials are damn near greek to me. I don't know a cancel from a ~~xxfdb214wtf.

Am I just too old for this shit?

Ferrio

Banned
Liking Hawkgirl a lot. Only complaint is her B&B timing is difficult, especially with lag. That and her combos start mainly from a high.

Her dive kick is amazing.

Didn't pay too much attention to it before, cause I thought it was just me messing up the timing, but I do believe there may be a bit of input delay. I tested a thoroughly. Harley's 1,2,U+3. A lot of times only U+3 registers. I've tried it during different frames of animations too.

kunonabi

So other than some online stuff that sounds like will be fixed in a patch, are there any issues with the WiiU version?

There's a slight hitch at the start of some matches and the DLC situation is still unclear. I heard something about xp resetting or something but I have yet to have that happen.

wildfire

Banned

1. EMP|REO (Batman)
3. AGE|NYChrisG (Green Arrow, Cat Woman, Black Adam)

Fixed that for you.

Both Nerd Josh and Arturo were in fights that they could've won handily.

1. EMP|REO (Batman)

Is there anywhere I can watch these matches?

Is there some sort of "Fighting Game Lingo for Dummies" guide? I'd really like to get better at this game but even the "beginner" tutorials are damn near greek to me. I don't know a cancel from a ~~xxfdb214wtf.

I feel the exact same. As I said earlier I really want to jump on this as an entry point to fighting games proper, but the tutorial (as in all fighting games) glosses over things too much to give a new player a chance to be competitive online, and all of the other guides out there are aimed at people who have fundamentals nailed.

I'm enjoying Green Lantern though, lots of nice ranged attacks and quite fast/responsive.

Grimsen

Too old? Just how old are you? :) that lingo has been around for a long time.

I would suggest checking out FAQs on various fighting games. Most should have a section on acronyms.

Too old? Just how old are you? :) that lingo has been around for a long time.

I would suggest checking out FAQs on various fighting games. Most should have a section on acronyms.

37 but the last fighter I actually put any time into at all (or bought for that matter) was Tekken 3. lol

Edit:

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the strategy guide explains the basics very well? I'd really like to be able to sit down with it next to me while I play, but not if I have to keep going to the computer to translate it into noob.

The opponent rage quits, I get a loss. Sweet. I'm 12-1 now for no reason.
It happened a second time. This stupid game.

I feel you. I was on-track to get the 25 Ranked win streak achievement in MKvsDC (was at 17) when the next opponent disconnected and it ended my streak. Sucks that NRS still hasn't fixed it.

So is the story mode in this as good as MK7? I'm terrible at fighters and hardly ever get good enough to play online so MK7 having a good single player was very refreshing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The fact that you can cancel out of stance change early could lead to some sick stuff. But I guess canceling into trait means you can't cancel out of it as quickly I guess? I tried to go from harassing with the staff into stance change into overhead cross up.

Xevren

The fact that you can cancel out of stance change early could lead to some sick stuff. But I guess canceling into trait means you can't cancel out of it as quickly I guess? I tried to go from harassing with the staff into stance change into overhead cross up.

You talking about doing a Staff chain trait cancel into the flip kick? You can do that. Do to pushback on staff normals though I don't think the flip kick will cross up unless they are in the corner though. And if you have them there I would just keep using staff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was able to do it but the flip kick seemed to come out slower than if I just raw stance change into flip kick. What I'm trying to do is harass with staff, stance change, flippy do.

Xevren

I was able to do it but the flip kick seemed to come out slower than if I just raw stance change into flip kick. What I'm trying to do is harass with staff, stance change, flippy do.

It's better to go from escrima to staff instead of the other way around. Nothing really causes hitstun long enough for you to switch from staff to escrima and still link a special.

D12 in escrima into trait has a lot of frame advantage and allows you to link into staff specials though which is awesome. You can also hit trait while doing db 3 in staff to switch into escrima from staff, it also makes it safe.

Grifter

Had fun labbing this with some buddies. Is the retailer-specific DLC in the box and still available, like I've seen for other games?

Is there an intended default stick layout? Wasn't sure to use preset 1 or 2.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's better to go from escrima to staff instead of the other way around. Nothing really causes hitstun long enough for you to switch from staff to escrima and still link a special.

D12 in escrima into trait has a lot of frame advantage and allows you to link into staff specials though which is awesome. You can also hit trait while doing db 3 in staff to switch into escrima from staff, it also makes it safe.

Ooo didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind.

Got matched against Honzo Gonzo twice. The pain.

Who does he play?

Sephzilla

So, just a random quick question, Raven's magic-grab-attack (I can't remember what it's officially called off hand), does anybody else think it's a tad too good?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
In the 100 or so online games I've played, I think I've only lost to a Deathstroke once. I have more trouble with Green Lanterns/Ravens. Just not used to having to respect random force grabs yet.

Top Bottom