• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

So what are some things you guys would change about the game? Here is a list of small things for me.
1. dash cancel/crouch dash
2. stage transitions only during fully charged ground bounce.
3. air combo directly into top interactables.
4. not all interactables unblockable.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1. Make it so I don't have to press X when I want to save settings in training mode.
2. Make it so my training mode settings stay the same everytime I go into training mode

Ferrio

Banned
So what are some things you guys would change about the game? Here is a list of small things for me.
1. dash cancel/crouch dash
2. stage transitions only during fully charged ground bounce.
3. air combo directly into top interactables.
4. not all interactables unblockable.

The way buffering moves pisses me off, wish they'd tune it.

Also, stage transition would never happen with #2. What's the purpose of that change?

Khezu

The way buffering moves pisses me off, wish they'd tune it.

Also, stage transition would never happen with #2. What's the purpose of that change?

Ya, the buffering is weird.

MK9 was a lot more lenient, combos were super easy and flowed naturally once you got used to the particular rhythm.

This game, it just seems all over the place.

So what are some things you guys would change about the game?

1. Make the L+M+H input that works for EXing specials and Bounce Cancels also work correctly for pushblock and clash

2. Let super be preformed with L+M+H+P

3. Adjust the chains to be less "dialed", so you don't have to input the next attack before the current one is finished

4. Also adjust the special canceling/buffering timing windows

5. Give every special a light/medium/heavy version, done by the same direction input + the corresponding button, and adjust the existing inputs to accommodate

6. Blockable interactables

That's the gameplay stuff.

I'd also change the artsyle to attempt a comic book look with shading and outlines, increase color saturation, add classic costumes, make each stage correspond to a single specific character, redo the soundtrack with catchy themes, add vocal move name calls, take out the end of round getting back up to fall down again, etc.

dentoomw

Ok, so I'm deciding between the 360 and PS3 to get this and I can't really wait anymore for Eurogamer to get their Face-Off article up - GAF, are there any noticeable differences between the 360 and PS3 versions that might affect a purchase decision?

You can L+M+H+METER burn... close enough

It's an entire extra dedicated button for something that could be done easily with combinations of the ones that are there already.

Just like Block/Run buttons of old, it's an NRS thing that they unfortunately can't seem to shake.

It's nitpicky, but since the very first time I heard about them I've hated the idea of contextual buttons that do nothing unless the circumstances are right.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
In the 100 or so online games I've played, I think I've only lost to a Deathstroke once. I have more trouble with Green Lanterns/Ravens. Just not used to having to respect random force grabs yet.

Lanterns are the scariest ones for me to fight online so far. Hard to punish it with input delay, and I just get caught by it in general a lot. Haven't seen a raven yet but I'm sure it's the same.

Every single deathstroke has been a slaughter in my favor. But aquaman shuts their flowchart down hard.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Trying to cancel attacks online is almost pointless to try -_-

It takes some getting used to. When I first got online, I was seriously angry. Then after a bunch of games, there is almost never a case where lag is a factor in anything I do. Almost every match is solid and the ones that aren't are suuuuper bad, so there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

That said, no on eon gaf seems to want to play with me lol. I need Batman experience, since his rushdown is crazy for me to defend against right now. I need to learn the aquaman matchup also, because those are my hardest matchups thus far.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1. Make the L+M+H input that works for EXing specials and Bounce Cancels also work correctly for pushblock and clash

2. Let super be preformed with L+M+H+P

3. Adjust the chains to be less "dialed", so you don't have to input the next attack before the current one is finished

4. Also adjust the special canceling/buffering timing windows

5. Give every special a light/medium/heavy version, done by the same direction input + the corresponding button, and adjust the existing inputs to accommodate

6. Blockable interactables

That's the gameplay stuff.

I'd also change the artsyle to attempt a comic book look with shading and outlines, increase color saturation, add classic costumes, make each stage correspond to a single specific character, redo the soundtrack with catchy themes, add vocal move name calls, take out the end of round getting back up to fall down again, etc.
You are making a completely different game.

Pretty sure nobody has it, but if anyone has the Arkham City pack for PS3, i'll trade for it! I'll give the Red Son pack PS3 for it! :)

Also, anybody willing to go a couple of rounds with me! :D

KevinCow

Banned
Hahaha.

Me as Hawkgirl vs. Black Adam on Themiscyra.

We both jump back to throw the big stone faces at each other.

Instead of throwing immediately, I fly in front of it and wait for him to throw his.

It misses, he lands, then I peg him with mine.

I love Hawkgirl.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So is the story mode in this as good as MK7? I'm terrible at fighters and hardly ever get good enough to play online so MK7 having a good single player was very refreshing.

I consider the newest Mortal Kombat to have the best story of all fighter games ever (which, admittedly, wasn't that hard of a task) until now - Injustice's story is a lot better than MK's, honestly. I enjoyed both about equally though (because the whole story aspect of the latest MK was new and refreshing for a fighting game).

The story in Injustice feels like a DCAU episode (it actually kinda was one, although pretty different in detail).

The characters in Injustice are all super boring with their grunting.

I can't stand fighting games that announce moves. Grunts and the like are perfectly acceptable. We don't see DC characters announcing their "moves" in comic books, nor should we see them announce moves in-game. Don't ever change Netherealm.

ReiGun

Those grunts are boring as fuck. The sound in this game in general is boring as fuck.

The characters don't need to announce their moves - though I would get a kick out of Superman saying "Heat Vision!" - but something, anything other than "argh," "ugh," or "ahhhh!" would be super. The reason Grundy is so fun to watch is that he actually talks.

Which fits the super boring movie score music and super boring desaturated color palette, I suppose.

That shit is the WORST.

KevinCow

Banned

Which fits the super boring movie score music and super boring desaturated color palette, I suppose.

I'll easily take grunting over characters who can't shut the hell up like in Marvel.

And I don't get the complaints about the music. It's boring, but it's inoffensive, just like nearly every other fighting game ever. The only fighting games I can think of with notably good music are Street Fighter 2 and the Smash series. Other than that, the only fighter I can even remember music from is Marvel, but that's just because a lot of it is awful.

Those grunts are boring as fuck. The sound in this game in general is boring as fuck.

The characters don't need to announce their moves - though I would get a kick out of Superman saying "Heat Vision!" - but something, anything other than "argh," "ugh," or "ahhhh!" would be super. The reason Grundy is so fun to watch is that he actually talks.

When was the last time Superman announced "Heat Vision" as he let rip on a villain? I don't agree that the game's sound design is boring. The sound effects for Flash's special moves and techniques to name one example, are just perfect and definitely help characterize his powers. I think sound is one area that Netherealm has truly excelled in. Whether you appreciate grunts or not is a matter of opinion. Neither one of us is wrong. I'll admit that the music isn't remarkable, but to be honest, the only fighting series with memorable themes for me, was Street Fighter.

Did anyone really like the battle voices in MK? Did anyone pay attention to how crazy and inane that was? I remember laughing when, I think it was Aris, brought up the fact that it can actually sound racist if you think about it because it's what NRS thinks asian people sound like. I have to admit I found it funny in that whenever I hear MK gibberish, I always try to interpret what they say mid match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4pEXK5Gdk

Fehyd

Banned
Huh, never had a problem with special canceling online.

In some of the laggier matches, the lag has eaten my meter burn inputs, but I only had that problem with Raven's gravity squeeze.

Lag is apparently bad enough for me that I can not get a single meter burn off online. At all.

Khezu

I'm still confused why they went for the whole Dark Knight comic book movie aesthetic.
I guess maybe to distance themselves from MVC?

MK9 had a great color palette, I hope they don't try and pull this for MK10.
I don't want my Mortal Kombat to be all dark and gritty.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but apparently the four DLC characters have been leaked via the 'game disc source':

Lobo (already officially announced),
Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion

The complete information apparently extracted from the .INI file contained within the game files:
[CharacterKeys]
CHAR_GreenArrow_A=GA
CHAR_SolomonGrundy_B=SO
CHAR_Superman_B=SU
CHAR_WonderWoman_B=WW
CHAR_Aquaman_A=AQ
CHAR_Deathstroke_A=DS
CHAR_WonderWoman_C=WW
CHAR_Bane_A=BN
CHAR_Batman_A=BM
CHAR_Batman_C=BM
CHAR_Batman_D=BM
CHAR_Batman_E=BM
CHAR_Catwoman_A=CW
CHAR_Flash_A=FL
CHAR_Flash_B=FL
CHAR_GreenLantern_A=GL
CHAR_GreenLantern_C=GL
CHAR_HarleyQuinn_A=HQ
CHAR_Joker_A=JK
CHAR_LexLuthor_A=LX
CHAR_Nightwing_A=NW
CHAR_Shazam_A=SH
CHAR_SolomonGrundy_A=SO
CHAR_Superman_A=SU
CHAR_Superman_C=SU
CHAR_Superman_D=SU
CHAR_WonderWoman_A=WW

[Notify.Characters]
+Notify=00000001
+Notify=00000010
+Notify=00000004
+Notify=00000080
+Notify=00000400
+Notify=00002000
+Notify=00020000

[Notify.Scenario]
+Notify=00000010

[UnlockedDLC.Characters]
+Unlocked=CHAR_Lobo
+Unlocked=
CHAR_Batgirl
+Unlocked=
CHAR_Scorpion
+Unlocked=
CHAR_Zod
+Unlocked=CHAR_Aquaman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Bane_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_D
+Unlocked=CHAR_Batman_E
+Unlocked=CHAR_Catwoman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Deathstroke_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Flash_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenArrow_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_GreenLantern_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_HarleyQuinn_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Joker_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_LexLuthor_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Nightwing_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Shazam_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_SolomonGrundy_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_C
+Unlocked=CHAR_Superman_D
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_A
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_B
+Unlocked=CHAR_WonderWoman_C

[UnlockedDLC.Scenario]
+Unlocked=RedSonScenario_MissionTable

[UnlockedDLC.Options]
+Unlocked=ZombieMode

Putting a MK character in this game would be as stupid as putting Freddy Krueger in MK9.

Do not want.

Couldn't agree more. For an IP that Netherealm has worked hard to differentiate from Mortal Kombat, including
Scorpion
via DLC serves to unravel that. I'd feel cheated if one of the DLC characters was not of the DC universe.

Khezu

I could see it.

Powergirl originally won the DLC poll, however, WB could have forced NRS to put in Zod because of the new movie, and Powergirl and Zod would be kinda silly, so the runner up was Batgirl.

They talked a lot about not putting in a MK character though, like they seemed really against it.

Some dude on TYM also says he went through the files and said that dude was right, but missed some stuff.

Harley Quinn B
Black Adam A
Superman E

And in the DLC section.

Poison Ivy
Swamp Thing
Martian Manhunter.

Obviously take all of this with a grain of salt, dude's could be totally making shit up, I have no way of confirming it.

TDLink

This doesn't follow with what I have heard. It also could easily be made up by the one person who apparently found it. Even if it is true, which I doubt, Boon has been known to troll in game code before.

I certainly hope so. I'm not happy with that list of DLC characters, not in the slightest. If this is a case of Boon trolling the hackers then I'd be much more satisfied having purchased the Season Pass.

I'm still confused why they went for the whole Dark Knight comic book movie aesthetic
I guess maybe to distance themselves from MVC?

MK9 had a great color palette, I hope they don't try and pull this for MK10.
I don't want my Mortal Kombat to be all dark and gritty.
Alot of stuff in the game looks like its ripped right out of Arkham City.

Khezu

Really hope Scorpion isn't true, no crossovers please. You have so many characters to choose from DC comics as is.

I wouldn't mind Scorpion if he was like a bonus character, buy all 4 DLC characters and you get Scorpion.

It's not like he would take up as much resources as a fully new character, they have most of the work done, just retool some of his stuff, and give him a few new animations.

I'm probably over simplifying how that works though.

I'm almost more interested in those "alt character costume" things that were teased earlier. Hopefully we see some cool (cheap) costume packs soon

TDLink

I certainly hope so. I'm not happy with that list of DLC characters, not in the slightest. If this is a case of Boon trolling the hackers then I'd be much more satisfied having purchased the Season Pass.

The code isn't even consistent. Not all the playable characters are listed but all 4 dlc are...all of the characters are in alphabetical order...except the dlc is on top...and those 4 are also not in alphabetical order. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Plus like I said, it doesn't follow with what I have heard at all.

I will go a step further to show how confident I am this is false:

If scorpion is announced as one of these 4 dlc characters you can go ahead and ban my account for a month.

Top Bottom