• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryuhza

Banned
What skins do you get from star labs? And have any DLC outfits been released yet?

Just in case someone wants to surprise themselves,
Kryptonite Lex Luthor for beating all the Labs, and Elseworld Flash for getting three stars in all of the missions.

sephi22

They made Aquaman too good. I was hoping to be one of the few playing him when I finally got the game. Now every scrub from here to Metropolis is sure to play the King. lol
Jesus, I almost feel bad for playing Aquaman. Dude is fucking godlike.

In a month or so, Aquaman won't be as good. He doesn't have good mixups. A lot of his stuff his punishable. No reason to block him overhead as his overheads are slow to startup and can be blocked on reaction or traded.
People feel like he's amazing because there isn't much blocking online. Also because he can deal with most situations. Because of his versatility he's going to become a punish character. But he's going to fall very quickly.
Batman, who's almost as versatile as Aquaman would stay godlike because his trait lets him go in, he's got quicker strings and his crossups are way better than Aquaman's.

Anyone have some Aquaman bnbs? tried checking testyourmight but there is too much clutter there.
Okay, I'm going to give you combo starters and enders, and you can put them together.
1=Light (Square)
2=Medium (Triangle)
2=Heavy (I think Circle by default)
xx = Cancel into

Starters:
(a) Low starter: b+1,2
(b) Medium starter: 2,2
(c) Overhead starter: b+2

Middle:
Cancel (a) (b) or (c) into db+2 (From the deep), or db+1 (Trident Scoop) or if blocked, into df+1 (Trident rush) which is safe on block

Enders (After middle):
If you did
*db+1 -> When they are falling on the other side after the scoop, do f+1,1+3
db+2 -> You can link a b+1,2 after it, then cancel into one db+1 (Trident Scoop), then end with * above

To give you a better idea on high his combos flow:
39% BnB - 1 meter - Low starter:
b+1,2 xx db+2, b+1,2 xx db+2 (meterburn), b+1,2 xx db+1, pause, f+2,1+3
35% BnB - 1 meter - Overhead starter:
b+2 xx qcb+1, pause, 22 xx db+2 (meterburn), 223
28% BnB - 1 meter - Antiair:
Antiair d+2, 22 xx db+2 (meterburn), b+1,2 xx db+1, pause, f+2, 1+3

I'm a big DC and Ed Boon fan but I felt that the characters in the demo felt somewhat unresponsive to me. Has anyone had that issue with the game and is it worth getting? And on what system? (I have all of them)
It still feels the same if that's what you're wondering. There are balance changes from the demo to the full game but the game will feel and control the same as the demo did for you.

As for is it worth getting and on what system, it depends on if you enjoyed MK9's similar single player offerings and if you've got friends to play and practice (and that's your answer for which system to get it on). Looking over the thread it seems that the WiiU version is missing a few features unfortunately so perhaps stick with the other two systems.

What skins do you get from star labs? And have any DLC outfits been released yet?

A 3rd Lex alt from doing all Star Lab missions and Elseworld's Flash from 3 starring all the missions.

Edit: Yup, New 52 Shazam from beating Shazam's missions like Xevren said.

And the Flashpoint skins for Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Deathstroke are now available separately from the Season Pass to purchase.

The costume fiend inside me, has me doing the STAR Labs missions. I need 50 more to go. That Lex alternate is mine.. Then onto getting Flash's. `~`

Khezu

I don't think I will ever even bother with Star Labs.

It seems a lot less interesting then the challenge tower in MK9, and the reward isn't as good.
Though both rewards are kinda trollish.

Hmm, I went online with Green Lantern a lot yesterday.

He's a fun character - his special moves are fairly easy to use and quite fast.

Anyone know any good combos for the guy? Preferably explained in English :p

Ferrio

Banned
Just a quick thing about Deathstroke, the only problem I've had against him isn't his guns (block and then dash) but his jumping sword spin attack, that almost every Deathstroke does on wake-up. The one that's df+3.

Anyway, hit training mode last night and the key is to block the whole thing STANDING. Not crouching. If you block it standing, you'll get a sweep at worst, more depending on the character you play (I play Killer Frost and she gets a free slide into combo).

If you block his jumping sword spin crouching, the last hit is inconsistent and it's much harder to punish that move. The more you know, etc.

Just a quick thing about Deathstroke, the only problem I've had against him isn't his guns (block and then dash) but his jumping sword spin attack, that almost every Deathstroke does on wake-up. The one that's df+3.

Anyway, hit training mode last night and the key is to block the whole thing STANDING. Not crouching. If you block it standing, you'll get a sweep at worst, more depending on the character you play (I play Killer Frost and she gets a free slide into combo).

If you block his jumping sword spin crouching, the last hit is inconsistent and it's much harder to punish that move. The more you know, etc.

It depends on the range because the pushback is so weird. If you're point blank like after a knockdown and you dash up to him it's best to block it crouching. He will recover right next to you, sometimes even behind you. Then you can punish with a fast normal into combo.

It depends on the range because the pushback is so weird. If you're point blank like after a knockdown and you dash up to him it's best to block it crouching.

Hmmm. It might be character specific then because when I've tried that, Deathstroke will spin right over me and cross me up, so I'll get hit from the other side. Annoying.

The only way I was getting consistent results was by blocking it standing but I only tried Killer Frost and Flash, who have smaller crouch hitboxes.

Hmmm. It might be character specific then because when I've tried that, Deathstroke will spin right over me and cross me up, so I'll get hit from the other side. Annoying.

The only way I was getting consistent results was by blocking it standing but I only tried Killer Frost and Flash, who have smaller crouch hitboxes.

Killer Frost is who I play. You shouldn't ever be crossed up if you're holding down to crouch. Not d/b, just down.

I don't think I will ever even bother with Star Labs.

It seems a lot less interesting then the challenge tower in MK9, and the reward isn't as good.
Though both rewards are kinda trollish.

I think the 3 skins you get from the labs are far greater than that horrible fleshpit costume. Even if Lex's is kind of weak the other 2 are pretty solid. Having lots of fun with it currently.

Just about to start Harley's missions

I got the fleshpit mileena. it's silly but it was doable

3 stars on all this shit is (to me) impossible.

Also does anyone have any shazam combos?

I can get to 36% with 1 MB move but no clue how to throw in a bounce cancel into it which might bump it up a lot

Ryuhza

Banned
I think the 3 skins you get from the labs are far greater than that horrible fleshpit costume. Even if Lex's is kind of weak the other 2 are pretty solid. Having lots of fun with it currently.

Just about to start Harley's missions

Good luck with surviving without being hit for 15 seconds against Catwoman while Two-Face occasionally shoots you from the background. Of Harley's set, that mission was my personal pain in the ass to tristar.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh, so they saved the "Beat two opponents on one life bar with a character you barely know how to use" bullshit for Star labs this time.

I don't even care about most of this shit, I just want the Hawkgirl icons. :/

Ryuhza

Banned
Oh, so they saved the "Beat two opponents on one life bar with a character you barely know how to use" bullshit for Star labs this time.

I don't even care about most of this shit, I just want the Hawkgirl icons. :/

The best version of that I've encountered so far is Cyborg's "Beat two opponents on one life bar and win with a full second life bar."

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Made it to #242 in the ranked xbl leader boards today (AKingNamedPaul). Only ever used bane.

Tempted to learn a second, but that time could be spent getting even better with bane. I wont stop until I'm at least top 50.

FSLink

Banned
I'll trade ps3 arkham pre-order skin code if someone can somehow get me knightfall Bane by just rating the IOS game I think it is.

I'm also trying to get Knightfall Bane. I accidentally tapped no when it asked me to rate it while in-game and from what I have read I'm SOL unless I reinstall the game on my IOS device. I tried rating the game via the appstore and ios game centre.

Both of you, check your PMs. Also if anybody else wants the Knightfall Bane costume + the rest of the iOS costumes send me a PM. I'll do as many as I can before midnight Central Time as long as you send me a PM with your WBID Username and Password (change it beforehand).

I can't get to it until after work though so don't expect them instantaneously, lol. I'll begin checking my PMs after work.

sephi22

Okay, so I was in this KOTH lobby with 7 players. I was on a roll with Grundy, but everyone was being friendly because I was getting rid of Deathstroke spammers that the others were having problems with. I was giving everyone tips, we were talking about Black Ops and MK and things were chill.

Then this Deathstroke mainer comes in. Its me vs him and I hover on Grundy at the select screen. He picks DS so I move to Aquaman because that's my answer to DS. He proceeds to tell me that 'Oh I thought you were picking Grundy. Aquaman is cheap'. So I told him 'Deathstroke players shoot from fullscreen and Grundy has trouble with that so I pick Aquaman'.
He says 'Well fuck fullscreen I do combos man. Bring it on'.
So I pick grundy.

Match starts, he does jump 3 (the sword crossup) then does sword spin. Then repeat. I just block the sword spin and get a free chain grab. I punish him twice while telling him not to do it on the mic since I get a free grab.

Him: "Why do you keep grabbing me man?"
Me: "Because you keep doing the sword flip. That's a free grab for me."
Him: "That's fucking cheap. Why do you gotta play like a bitch?"
Me: "Is this your first fighting game?"

It then turns sour. He calls me a faggot, how Grundy's a bitch for grabbing people, how I'm a nerd, I said 'Go to training mode and pick Grundy that's how he plays you idiot' and he tells me if I said that in real life he would give me a wedgie. I said I'm in LA bring it on and he goes everyone in LA is a bitch.

Then I tell him if he can't beat me in a game how the fuck can he beat me in real life. He then says the conversation's over. Asked me to shut the fuck up and do whatever I'm doing. He quit the lobby soon after.

What a bitch. Fighting game salt is best salt.

Same. What's with this shit?
Paulo from NRS is aware. Says it'll be fixed with Lobo patch. Unlikely that it'll get fixed before.

Kizer

Good lord, if Power Girl is in as DLC I cannot wait for the moaning about how she looks. All people ever talk about in regards to that character is her looks.

It is all about the boob window. It has always been about the boob window. Every war that has ever been fought was about the boob window.

Not every character has a seismo. Lag + keep away is annoying, more so mattering on who you're playing as. Playing as Hawkgirl it's no problem, when I play as harley it's an uphill battle.

None of that is a good reason to nerf a character. Bad match ups happen.

Man, why are people always making snap judgments on who or what to ban or nerf? That isn't the answer to everything.

I want a 60s Batman alt with Adam West VA.

edit: Adam West is 84? Holy fuck.

I'd love a Robin Arkham City skin for Nightwing.

arkham-city-robin2.jpg

Okay, so I was in this KOTH lobby with 7 players. I was on a roll with Grundy, but everyone was being friendly because I was getting rid of Deathstroke spammers that the others were having problems with. I was giving everyone tips, we were talking about Black Ops and MK and things were chill.

Then this Deathstroke mainer comes in. Its me vs him and I hover on Grundy at the select screen. He picks DS so I move to Aquaman because that's my answer to DS. He proceeds to tell me that 'Oh I thought you were picking Grundy. Aquaman is cheap'. So I told him 'Deathstroke players shoot from fullscreen and Grundy has trouble with that so I pick Aquaman'.
He says 'Well fuck fullscreen I do combos man. Bring it on'.
So I pick grundy.

Match starts, he does jump 3 (the sword crossup) then does sword spin. Then repeat. I just block the sword spin and get a free chain grab. I punish him twice while telling him not to do it on the mic since I get a free grab.

Him: "Why do you keep grabbing me man?"
Me: "Because you keep doing the sword flip. That's a free grab for me."
Him: "That's fucking cheap. Why do you gotta play like a bitch?"
Me: "Is this your first fighting game?"

It then turns sour. He calls me a faggot, how Grundy's a bitch for grabbing people, how I'm a nerd, I said 'Go to training mode and pick Grundy that's how he plays you idiot' and he tells me if I said that in real life he would give me a wedgie. I said I'm in LA bring it on and he goes everyone in LA is a bitch.

Then I tell him if he can't beat me in a game how the fuck can he beat me in real life. He then says the conversation's over. Asked me to shut the fuck up and do whatever I'm doing. He quit the lobby soon after.

What a bitch. Fighting game salt is best salt.

This mentality I guess comes from the idea that games are inherently unbalanced, and you have to not exploit successful strategies over and over to keep it fun. I remember believing this type of stuff when I was a kid. We'd always call our one friend who'd play as Scorpion in MK1 and always do the spear "cheap".

But it also extended to other games-- and in those cases the arguments may be more legitimate. For example, in the Genesis NHL games it was always easy to score by cutting across the crease and doing a slapshot. It didn't really feel like you earned the goal whenever you scored that way-- more that you were exploiting the goalie and defender AI.

But a hockey game imitates real-life hockey, so you have that comparison to make, whereas a fighting game is what it is and you really just need to learn to deal with it. If you take a real life example of lets say a UFC match-- a fighter will ALWAYS exploit their opponent's weakness. That's the whole point of it. And thats the philosophy that needs to be taken while playing a fighting game.

Hightower

Banned
Got the game last night and popped it in. AWESOME GAME.

This FEELS like a Superhero game. I also am enjoying the hell out of the story and the things it does to level the playing field. Taking a pill to level the power levels of the characters is a pretty simple, but effective idea.

So far, I think Green Arrow is my favorite to play with.

Effect

Curious. Any status update on the Wii U version? Anything else out of WB/NRS other then the tweet they were working on a patch? Any explanation for how the game released without a basic feature?

FSLink

Banned
When does the iOS app ask you to rate it?

A stage after the tutorial.
Or you could save the time and not play the mediocre iOS game (it's okay but gets really repetitive fast) and just send me a PM for the costumes. :p

Reposting for new page:
Also if anybody else wants the Knightfall Bane costume + the rest of the iOS costumes send me a PM. I'll do as many as I can before midnight Central Time as long as you send me a PM with your WBID Username and Password (change it beforehand).

I can't get to it until after work though so don't expect them instantaneously, lol. I'll begin checking my PMs after work.

TDLink

So I finally got my Arrow code, put it in, downloaded and installed it...but the skin is not showing up as selectable at all.

I'm on PS3...anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Top Bottom