• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ferrio

Banned
So after reading the Testyourmight forums, I found out why canceling moves from a string is a lot harder than doing the move straight up.

Seems when you cancel a move from a string, the input has to be exactly precise.. no extra inputs or substitutions (DF insted of say... F). When the move is done raw, extra inputs and substitutions will work. Very odd how they have that setup...

Grimsen

So after reading the Testyourmight forums, I found out why canceling moves from a string is a lot harder than doing the move straight up.

Seems when you cancel a move from a string, the input has to be exactly precise.. no extra inputs or substitutions (DF insted of say... F). When the move is done raw, extra inputs and substitutions will work. Very odd how they have that setup...

Injustice has a weird buffering system.

In my experience, if I do my special moves early during strings, they come out fine, just like in MK. Same thing with hits after a jump-in. I haven't noticed harder inputs than usual.

For example, with GL, any combo that involves b1, 3 into a lantern's might, the lantern's might has to be done immediately after pressing 3, pretty much before it hits.

Also, if I do a normal canceled into trait into lantern's might, I have to press the trait button right after pressing the last normal hit.

Inputting early doesn't seem to work when canceling trait to special though. I have to delay my special just for a little bit after pressing Trait.

Gah. Why do I have to be a costume fiend! I need Kryptonite Suit Lex, and Elseworld Flash now, and i'm done.. Till people find out how to unlock more costumes. ._.

Also, anybody have the Arkham City pack for PS3, i'll trade Red Son pack PS3 for it.

Chairhome

I'm still getting character endings. Is Green Lantern's ending explained in another ending? Or will this be discussed in the comic?

I actually liked using green lantern, got my first online win with him :-D.

I'm trying out Harley Quinn, but I'm having a hard time coming up with combos. I looked at her move list and combo list. I had to check out testyourmight site to see what people came up with. Anyone using her?

Ferrio

Banned
I'm trying out Harley Quinn, but I'm having a hard time coming up with combos. I looked at her move list and combo list. I had to check out testyourmight site to see what people came up with. Anyone using her?

Her standard combo is

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3, j.2, j.2, 12, play doctor

Or any other variation of

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3

After that you have a variety of things you can do.. matter on the difficulty/damage/position you care for.

Weenerz

Banned
Really enjoying Harley Quinn, her dive kick, then turning around and shooting 5-6 times is fun.

How do I do that chain grab thing for Grundy?

Ryuhza

Banned
I'm in the boat of still not receiving my Green Arrow skin. Really starting to tick me off, the game has been out for almost a week.

The buffereing system in this game is so different from SF. And I believe its called negative edge but there's a lot of that aswell. Hard to get used to. With green arrow trying to go from down 1 to foward 2 always gets a haven blast. -.-

Also I have the season pass for ps3 but I went out and got the 360 version. Anyone willing to trade? Pm if so.

Ferrio

Banned
The buffereing system in this game is so different from SF. And I believe its called negative edge but there's a lot of that aswell. Hard to get used to. With green arrow trying to go from down 1 to foward 2 always gets a haven blast. -.-

Also I have the season pass for ps3 but I went out and got the 360 version. Anyone willing to trade? Pm if so.

Negative edge is in this game, and you can turn it off.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Her standard combo is

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3, j.2, j.2, 12, play doctor

Or any other variation of

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3

After that you have a variety of things you can do.. matter on the difficulty/damage/position you care for.

You mean tantrum stance, 1 I think.

But yeah, personally I like to end it in 112 cancelled into her command dash to maintain pressure. Lots of ender options depending on what you want to do.

NEO0MJ

Yeah Jesus Christ is Grundy really OP or something?

He does mad damage with every combo, nobody can touch him.

He was probably a good player facing a bunch of mediocre players and beginners. That doomsday was so bad. I like that he switched to Batman after he got bored and was still doing good.

GrayFoxPL

One dude was beating my Ares with grundy's multi throws, I switched to Cyborg and beat him with superior jump attacks and few projectiles. I had to go when it was 3-1 for him, I'd get back on him with cyborg I think.

sephi22

This game should be called UnjustPigs beause of the Asylum stage

Online warrior logic.
Everyone else was garbage. That player knew what he was doing.
A good player can keep Grundy out all day.

Grecco

So many dlc lists i just want lobo now :(

I wish we could get alt costumes for the main characters that changed them cause id kill for Guy Gardner as a GL but im happy with lobo

KevinCow

Banned
I love the interactables, but I think maybe some of them could be toned down a bit. I mean 20% unblockable damage is a little much.

I was playing against a Nightwing on Watchtower. Threw a robot at him. When he got up, I threw the globe at him. By the time he got up again, another robot had flown in, so I threw that at him too.

60% unblockable damage in a matter of a few seconds.

He ragequit. I couldn't even blame him.

ShinAmano

Has anything been said about getting pre-order costumes outside of pre-ordering? Also are there any costumes I can snag in any other way?

NEO0MJ

Has anything been said about getting pre-order costumes outside of pre-ordering? Also are there any costumes I can snag in any other way?

In the UK PSN store almost all the pre-order packs are available for sale, so I guess they're coming soon to the US store as well.

Good lord, if Power Girl is in as DLC I cannot wait for the moaning about how she looks. All people ever talk about in regards to that character is her looks.

GrayFoxPL

I love the interactables, but I think maybe some of them could be toned down a bit. I mean 20% unblockable damage is a little much.

I was playing against a Nightwing on Watchtower. Threw a robot at him. When he got up, I threw the globe at him. By the time he got up again, another robot had flown in, so I threw that at him too.

My problem is I keep forgetting to use them, or where they are. When I start thinking about them I'm completely deconcentrated from the fight.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

Watchtower is by far the worst when it comes to those interactables for sure... The robots spawn back so quickly and like you said, do 20% damage. I hate that level because of dem robots. INTERACTABLES SUCK! lol

Skilletor

Good lord, if Power Girl is in as DLC I cannot wait for the moaning about how she looks.

She's going to look so bad, lol. I've already accepted it.

So I watched a Nightwing vid and he could transition to staff from an escrima string? What's the notation? Is there more than one?

Xevren

She's going to look so bad, lol. I've already accepted it.

So I watched a Nightwing vid and he could transition to staff from an escrima string? What's the notation? Is there more than one?

Just push 4 in the middle of any escrima string. You can cancel the stance switch animation with a special move. Also works from staff to escrima.

edit
Only moves you can't end with a transition in escrima is something that wasn't special cancellable at a minimum. Guess I should put that.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Watchtower is by far the worst when it comes to those interactables for sure... The robots spawn back so quickly and like you said, do 20% damage. I hate that level because of dem robots. INTERACTABLES SUCK! lol

Robots are super easy to dodge. Interactables are seriously amazing and add a level of personality to each stage. Stage awareness and control is very important and I have yet to be salty about interactables in all the time I've played.

Khezu

Man, this is the GA I would have chosen, at least his alt is cool.
3gCb3gJ.jpg

Also looking at the rest of Ravens concept art, a pretty non demon Raven was pretty much never on the table lol.

J-Tier

Stage is high tier. Lol. The idea of stages having tiers xD.

Yeah, I usually pick Atlantis when playing online. Least amount of stuff to worry about. Though to be honest, the interactables aren't a big deal. Being conscious of them as you play will ensure that you can both take advantage of them and avoid them at the same time.

Top Bottom