• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Her standard combo is

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3, j.2, j.2, 12, play doctor

Or any other variation of

B22, tantrum stance, 2, B3

After that you have a variety of things you can do.. matter on the difficulty/damage/position you care for.

Lost Fragment said:
You mean tantrum stance, 1 I think.

But yeah, personally I like to end it in 112 cancelled into her command dash to maintain pressure. Lots of ender options depending on what you want to do.

Cool, I'm going to look in some other combos that are useful as well. I'll be practicing Raven and Harley after I take my exam this Thursday.

DorianD

I'll trade ps3 arkham pre-order skin code if someone can somehow get me knightfall Bane by just rating the IOS game I think it is.

I'm also trying to get Knightfall Bane. I accidentally tapped no when it asked me to rate it while in-game and from what I have read I'm SOL unless I reinstall the game on my IOS device. I tried rating the game via the appstore and ios game centre.

KevinCow

Banned
I feel like I should learn another character instead of spending all my time with Hawkgirl, but I worry that if I start to use someone else, I'll forget how to use her.

Kurod

Banned
Do we have usual PSN Gaf rooms in the lobby or mostly do private invites? I'm probably going to go to bed soon but it'd be nice to know for tomorrow evening.

Deathstrokes, deathstrokes who pick Atlantis everywhere!

Hawkgirl putting them in their place though.

I try not to pick Deathstroke very often, only because he's badly in need of a nerf in the next patch.

Would like to learn how to play Hawkgirl, though. Out of everyone, she's probably one of my least-picked characters.

ultim8p00

Banned
Jesus, I almost feel bad for playing Aquaman. Dude is fucking godlike.

Also, why does deathstroke need a nerf? His gunshots = free seismos for aquaman. I haven't been beaten by a single deathstroke, although really that's because none of them are good and they like to spam gunshots. Is there something he does that is really broken or something? I haven't played any good deathstroke players

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I still only lost against one Deathstroke. And that was my second match online and I had no idea what I was doing. Though maybe it's because my record is bad and it put me with all the shitty players lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Also, why does deathstroke need a nerf? His gunshots = free seismos for aquaman. I haven't been beaten by a single deathstroke, although really that's because none of them are good and they like to spam gunshots. Is there something he does that is really broken or something? I haven't played any good deathstroke players

People are just salty over his zoning game online. There's always a character like that in a FG, I would say Deathstroke is the easier ones to handle that I've seen.

Which is some hysterical trolling on Netherrealm's part.

How so? Or is this a "lol aquaman more like talk to fish is my only power guy" post

Dudes been cool for years

fucking superfriends/robot chicken made general perception that he's been that way for 80 years when it's not even true

Deathstroke is annoying, but isn't broken. He can be problematic for characters that don't have a really good full screen spam attack lol

Aquaman's seismos eat him for free, up close his sword spin attack is really annoying though

I really want a new 52 Aquaman skin. Shit I want a new 52 skin for every character that's in the series.. I mean you might as well

aquaman_01_04_aksjdfh7asdfa2.jpg

ultim8p00

Banned
Anyone have some Aquaman bnbs? tried checking testyourmight but there is too much clutter there.

I play Aquaman like Guile or Ryu. I don't do much in the way of combos beyond simple things like med,med,qcb into low "grab" then follow up with forward med into that impaling ground slam. Heck most of the time I just do back light,medi,heavy or med,med heavy into seismo. Fairly easy combos.

His normals are really good against many people, even Batman. His crouching light is almost spamable and stops a lot of things. His back heavy has a RIDICULOUS reach for anti air. He has an overhead that he can combo into a backflip kick, then you can follow that up with med,med,heavy,seismo or whatever.

My tactic is to basically scare people into either blocking low or jumping with seismos, then anti air them. When they get close, I use crouching light to jab the fuck out of them until they either push-block or block low. Then I go for a throw or an overhead into a combo. People that give me a hard time are Cat Woman and Black Adam. Cat woman as so fucking fast I can't do anything against her when she gets in. Black Adam can also zone with his thunderbolts which hit low, but he also has like a full screen "grab" or something like that, and those goddamn orbs. Raven is also annoying, but all I usually need to do is get in on her.

shaowebb

Grrrrrrrrr...I will make this corner combo work midscreen.

Green Arrow pushes folks away a lot and because of that his best damage can be done only in the corner unless you plan to have ice arrows loaded at all times or deal with some strict timing on a few of the electric arrow midscreen combos I've seen.

I'm trying to take j2, 113, Sky Alert, and turn it into something. In the corner sky alert whiffs on some and hits others and the timing is stricter on some dudes than others but it pushes folks into the air really well. You see in the corner 113 is a launcher and sky alert makes it get enough air to follow up with good stuff. Im gonna try using meter burn sky alert in the corner to see what it adds to the damage and if it covers the whiff problem on certain folks.

Im thinking though that since 113 isn't a launcher midscreen and it knocks folks away that its a bust unless I load ice, do j2, 113arrow, and then dash up and do a b3 wallbounce into sky alert, but at that rate I should just resign myself to just doing j2, 113, arrow, j2, 22, bounce cancel into b3, sky alert, d2, dealers choice BUT THEN ITS NOT THE SAME :C

okay I think its time to leave the lab and go rub my eyes or something. Im trying to make impossible shit happen thats corner only now.

ReiGun

They made Aquaman too good. I was hoping to be one of the few playing him when I finally got the game. Now every scrub from here to Metropolis is sure to play the King. lol

I play Aquaman like Guile or Ryu. I don't do much in the way of combos beyond simple things like med,med,qcb into low "grab" then follow up with forward med into that impaling ground slam. Heck most of the time I just do back light,medi,heavy or med,med heavy into seismo. Fairly easy combos.

His normals are really good against many people, even Batman. His crouching light is almost spamable and stops a lot of things. His back heavy has a RIDICULOUS reach for anti air. He has an overhead that he can combo into a backflip kick, then you can follow that up with med,med,heavy,seismo or whatever.

My tactic is to basically scare people into either blocking low or jumping with seismos, then anti air them. When they get close, I use crouching light to jab the fuck out of them until they either push-block or block low. Then I go for a throw or an overhead into a combo.
Thanks for the tips.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I still only lost against one Deathstroke. And that was my second match online and I had no idea what I was doing. Though maybe it's because my record is bad and it put me with all the shitty players lol.

I have like 90 wins 25 losses or something and I still get paired with people who just run into harley's gunshot for like 20 seconds straight.

vocab

Got the game today. Played for a little bit, and learned some things. I don't want to jump online just yet. One this shitty ass semester is over I'll be able to put more than 30 mins in.

Anyone know any practical application to bounce cancels?

Xevren

Grrrrrrrrr...I will make this corner combo work midscreen.

Green Arrow pushes folks away a lot and because of that his best damage can be done only in the corner unless you plan to have ice arrows loaded at all times or deal with some strict timing on a few of the electric arrow midscreen combos I've seen.

I'm trying to take j2, 113, Sky Alert, and turn it into something. In the corner sky alert whiffs on some and hits others and the timing is stricter on some dudes than others but it pushes folks into the air really well. You see in the corner 113 is a launcher and sky alert makes it get enough air to follow up with good stuff. Im gonna try using meter burn sky alert in the corner to see what it adds to the damage and if it covers the whiff problem on certain folks.

Im thinking though that since 113 isn't a launcher midscreen and it knocks folks away that its a bust unless I load ice, do j2, 113arrow, and then dash up and do a b3 wallbounce into sky alert, but at that rate I should just resign myself to just doing j2, 113, arrow, j2, 22, bounce cancel into b3, sky alert, d2, dealers choice BUT THEN ITS NOT THE SAME :C

okay I think its time to leave the lab and go rub my eyes or something. Im trying to make impossible shit happen thats corner only now.

Who all does sky alert whiff on in the corner? I know it does on Catwoman do you know of others? My corner combo of his doesn't work on her :(

Got the game today. Played for a little bit, and learned some things. I don't want to jump online just yet.

Similar in some ways to the FADC it's a way to get to those two moves (the overhead bounce or stage transition) during a combo without doing it naked. It also gives armor for the forward overhead bounce to combo or armor for the back bounce combo extender which is a stage transition if you're near one.

shaowebb

Who all does sky alert whiff on in the corner? I know it does on Catwoman do you know of others?

Deathstrokes pirate outfit whiffed. Im curious if its possibly costume specific though. Some folks it makes timing a bitch on, but still possible without EX sky alert (which I haven't tested for combo scaling problems yet if I use it.)
Got the game today. Played for a little bit, and learned some things. I don't want to jump online just yet.

YES. Bounce cancels are about as useful in this game as OTG's in UMVC3. They are your extenders. Usually if you see a string like 223 and notice it also has 22 listed then the 22 is generally around because it can be bounce cancelled to put your opponent in a juggle state and MANY moves can pop them up higher. For Green Arrow jump 2, into mm bounce cancel will wall bounce them and you can go into sky alert, d2, and then ice arrow them for a reset.

If you use electric arrows on folks in the air they hit stun is great and you can often sneak an extra string in between shots too.

Bounce canceling is essential in this game for folks. It takes a 22% combo with Green Arrow into scenarios that shoot it to mid 30's all the way into low 40's if you blow enough effort.

Also fun fact...meter burn and b3 or f3 has armor. Useful to help you deal with stuff. PLUS these can't be clashed! I can Super you, b3 ice arrow b3 and you cant touch me.

Ferrio

Banned

Not every character has a seismo. Lag + keep away is annoying, more so mattering on who you're playing as. Playing as Hawkgirl it's no problem, when I play as harley it's an uphill battle.

Ryuhza

Banned
So, have any of you lot finished S.T.A.R. Labs yet? I've got 100 challenges to go. It seems as though every character has at least one mission that is a royal pain in the ass to complete.

Whenever I run into a reskinned challenge, half of me thinks it's lame, then another half of me sighs in relief, since I've already built a strategy on how to beat it.

So, have any of you lot finished S.T.A.R. Labs yet? I've got 100 challenges to go. It seems as though every character has at least one mission that is a royal pain in the ass to complete.

Whenever I run into a reskinned challenge, half of me thinks it's lame, then another half of me sighs in relief, since I've already built a strategy on how to beat it.

Been busy with Battle mode whenever I get bored of player matches. Haven't really touched Star Labs but I feel you on the reskinned stuff. I found them boring and repetitive in MK9 but also a bit of a relief as they're relatively easy compared to the other nonsense minigames they have you do a billion times over just with a different coat of paint. I'll eventually get to them as I want the skins you get from doing Star Labs.

I'm a big DC and Ed Boon fan but I felt that the characters in the demo felt somewhat unresponsive to me. Has anyone had that issue with the game and is it worth getting? And on what system? (I have all of them)

Top Bottom