• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK is maybe the second worst actor next to the widow on this show
he really is a terrible actor

it's not too late to replace him amc, it's early enough that we will allow it. Ah well. He might come into his own. The main guy from maze runner/scorch trials would have been perfect. Dude's got range.

Johndoey

Banned
MK is maybe the second worst actor next to the widow on this show
I don't think the actor is bad I think he's getting terrible direction and doesn't know what to do.

But yeah the Widow is straight bad.

I see this show having that Banshee issue where everyone is a combat expert when convenient.

DAAAAMN.

Probably still the only way out too. Quinn was probably just gonna torture the shit out of her to try to get her to talk...

Pepiope

he really is a terrible actor

it's not too late to replace him amc, it's early enough that we will allow it. Ah well. He might come into his own. The main guy from maze runner/scorch trials would have been perfect. Dude's got range.
That guy is already a main character in another TV show.

I think this kid will grow into the role.

That guy is already a main character in another TV show.

I think this kid will grow into the role.

Me too. Sure he's inconsistent but there's still plenty of time for him as his character grows and his personality seems good.

Personally I think the Widow's been totally fine.

Still sneaking out outside the wall, heh.

Think you're gonna end up adopting the kid Sunny.

Hmmm, interesting language.

Edit: Oh shit...

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
I've just started watching, episode 3?, but I confused about when the show takes place. Is the show post post apocalyptic earth or some else? No guns but combustion engines?

Good episode. Next week looks pretty excite.

--

MK really is gohan. He's got a hidden power that takes over when he gets hurt, just like when gohan would get hurt or bump his head as a kid. Except gohan was a bit less annoying.

Effect

I've just started watching, episode 3?, but I confused about when the show takes place. Is the show post post apocalyptic earth or some else? No guns but combustion engines?

Post-Apocalyptic. No year has been given but Cat and Hat was name dropped as a book. The exposition in the first episode says guns are outlawed. What hasn't been answered yet is how and why. If they have the capability of making them, and they should, how is it they're all agreeing not to use them!? How do you get that to stick?

What we also don't know is what is outside of the Badlands either.

I have a weird feeling that we might be seeing some really weird experiment going on. Where the "Badlands" are some contained area controlled by other forces with only the Baron's in the know for the most part or maybe not.

It doesn't seem like we're dealing with a big area here.

Post-Apocalyptic. No year has been given but Cat and Hat was name dropped as a book. The exposition in the first episode says guns are outlawed. What hasn't been answered yet is how and why. If they have the capability of making them, and they should, how is it they're all agreeing not to use them!? How do you get that to stick?

What we also don't know is what is outside of the Badlands either.

I have a weird feeling that we might be seeing some really weird experiment going on. Where the "Badlands" are some contained area controlled by other forces with only the Baron's in the know for the most part or maybe not.

It doesn't seem like we're dealing with a big area here.
Watch it be revealed in the finale that it's all of a Village situation

That intro scene

Did hire Jade's actress because she looks like Natalie Dormer 2?

Baroness looks like older Elizabeth from Bioshock with that dress

Damn even that prostitute knows how to fight.

Mortal Kombat should have more Harry Potter like storyline. Learning about Martial Arts than sneaking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom