• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Moto X Style (phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMattera

Would be a huge surprise if the Nexus 6 follows Motorola's lead and has one SKU that works on all carriers. That would be great.

The Moto Nexus 6 does work on all carriers.

I'd guess the new Nexuses will probably as well, given the whole Project Fi thing.

Nachos

Was kind of worried since I hadn't gotten an email confirmation yet, only to see that my order was cancelled for whatever reason. Now the phones are out of stock.

Hopefully this gets remedied quickly. My current phone's falling apart.

FZZ

Banned
Well looks like I am getting shipped both phones. Called customer support and the rep was extremely kind and it even said on their records they had canceled the order, somehow it just got through though.

Oh well all I have to do is ship it back to them, shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edit: Just to clarify neither have been shipped yet. I did however get charged for both phones, my estimated delivery date for both is the 15th but hoping for it to be earlier.

Im still a little salty that I ordered within 30 minutes of it going live and I wont get mine till the 18th. Damn my need for ash wood back and metallic royal blue accent.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I would get this but I need wifi calling -_-

You can't use Google Voice + Hangouts Dialer?

I have decided that this will be my next phone if the Nexus 5-2 has a poor camera and/or is not available on Verizon.

EDIT: I actually ended up ordering one of these today after realizing that it won't have carrier bloatware or need Verizon's approval for software updates.

Polarburr

Few questions since I'm not really that much in the know with specs.

I currently own a Note 3, would getting this be more of an upgrade or a downgrade? Specs seem the same to me.

Also, I'm considering getting the 16gb and just get a 16/32gb sd card. My question is (cause I've never actually used an sd card for my note), when I take pics/vids/download apps, does it automatically save in my external memory and not internal? It'd be such a hassle if i had to manually transfer said files.

SMattera

Few questions since I'm not really that much in the know with specs.

I currently own a Note 3, would getting this be more of an upgrade or a downgrade? Specs seem the same to me.

Also, I'm considering getting the 16gb and just get a 16/32gb sd card. My question is (cause I've never actually used an sd card for my note), when I take pics/vids/download apps, does it automatically save in my external memory and not internal? It'd be such a hassle if i had to manually transfer said files.

Pictures, videos, and music can be set to automatically go to the SD card. Apps cannot.

Some apps allow you to manually transfer them. Others do not and must remain on the internal storage. For this reason, I would at least go with 32GB.

Compared to the Note 3: better processor, better screen, slightly better camera, faster charging. No Samsung bloat. Software updates broke my Note 3, but if your's is still going strong, you might want to hold out another year or at least 6 months until Moto drops the price.

Polarburr

Pictures, videos, and music can be set to automatically go to the SD card. Apps cannot.

Some apps allow you to manually transfer them. Others do not and must remain on the internal storage. For this reason, I would at least go with 32GB.

Compared to the Note 3: better processor, better screen, slightly better camera, faster charging. No Samsung bloat. Software updates broke my Note 3, but if your's is still going strong, you might want to hold out another year or at least 6 months until Moto drops the price.

Oh whoops! I made a stupid mistake. My phone is a Note 4. :( Sorry! Haha

linkboy

Micro SD treated as internal storage in Android Marshmallow.

This will alleviate that problem, but more internal storage is never a bad thing.

When I get my moto x, I'm going with 32GB internal, and putting a 64GB micro SD in it, with eventual upgrade to 128GB.

Haint

FYI guys, there are likely 2 new Nexus' about to be unveiled this month or next, a 5.2" LG and 5.7" Huawai. Obviously no idea on the price, final specs, or quality, just pointing it out as it may be wise to wait until you can compare all these presumed sub $400 offerings.

SMattera

Micro SD treated as internal storage in Android Marshmallow.

This will alleviate that problem, but more internal storage is never a bad thing.

When I get my moto x, I'm going with 32GB internal, and putting a 64GB micro SD in it, with eventual upgrade to 128GB.

You'll probably have to wait a couple of months (November/December) for Android M, though.

If you have a Note 4 that's working well, there's pretty much no reason to get this phone.

linkboy

You'll probably have to wait a couple of months (November/December) for Android M, though.

If you have a Note 4 that's working well, there's pretty much no reason to get this phone.

True, but it'll be here quickly.

And yes, there's no reason if you have a Note 4, a Nexus 5 international model like me though, that's a different story.

This phone will work on my korean carrier and I can take it stateside, huge win for me.

And people wonder why Motorola keeps flailing around and getting rebrought multiple times. It's time to stop the milk MT. (I mean literally, one of Verizon's "new" phones is a rebranded Raxr M called Motorla Luge, with the same exact specs as the M from 2012, in 2015.)

They need to expand their portfolio. Moto brand can only go so far.

Polarburr

I really wanna try stock Android. Spec wise tho, would I be upgrading or downgrading? Haha

Polarburr

Moving sideways. Processor is modestly better, camera is about on par (maybe a little worse). Battery life is worse. No S-Pen.

Hmm. I'm gonna have to sleep well on this.

Barely used the S-Pen also. I just want to make sure this is more of an upgrade than a downgrade. Would you happen to know how the Moto X display holds up? Google doesnt provide with anything concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom