• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the Moto X Style (phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Just received a txt from FedEx that a package is being delivered Monday 14. Checked and it was picked up today in China so I'm guessing it's my Moto X?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
So it just got released in Brazil. It's costing R$2.500. It's like $600.
Was waiting for replacing my S3. Will have to wait some more.

GrapeApes

Mines coming this Monday. Works out great for me. Amazon would have my phone here tomm but I wouldn't be able to get it from my apt office till Monday anyways. Would suck having my phone so close to me but yet so far.

Mines coming this Monday. Works out great for me. Amazon would have my phone here tomm but I wouldn't be able to get it from my apt office till Monday anyways. Would suck having my phone so close to me but yet so far.

As is mine, but it's the one I'm gonna return. :(

The one I'm keeping (ordered a second with the education discount to get a free leather back upgrade) is still saying the 17th and is being built.

I'm tempted to play around with the one that comes Monday.

Gah, I want this phone so bad. Really stupid question though. Does this phone use Googles Emojis? Please please please tell me it does. I hate all the non-google ones (LG's are sooo gross)

Yes, just as the previous iterations have.

Thank you kindly! I've never owned a moto phone so I had no idea :p And it's surprisingly hard to look up. That's actually quite a relief, as emoji's are something that I typically have to interact with often enough to want to enjoy them. This phone is just too damn awesome.

Maybe another stupid question, but what kind of memory transfer speed will I need to record 1080p footage at 60fps? I'm hoping to pay the absolute minimum on the phone as I really don't need more than 16gbs for apps and such. But that would be a super bummer if I needed more robust memory to shoot proper video versus an SD card.

Maybe another stupid question, but what kind of memory transfer speed will I need to record 1080p footage at 60fps? I'm hoping to pay the absolute minimum on the phone as I really don't need more than 16gbs for apps and such. But that would be a super bummer if I needed more robust memory to shoot proper video versus an SD card.

From my research you need like 90 read/write speed to do 4k. That usually is Class 3 speeds. I'd assume you only need class 1/ uhs10 to do 1080p.

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

Where I saw it. Hope I helped. :D

Great unboxing. Michael Fisher is always great. Comparing the sizes of the N6 and older Moto X is also a great way to show off how big or small it is compared to those devices.

hwateber

Real tempted to sell off my Note 4 and grab this. I realize it's largely a lateral trade, but the thought of just having something new appeals to me. Talk me out of it!

Real tempted to sell off my Note 4 and grab this. I realize it's largely a lateral trade, but the thought of just having something new appeals to me. Talk me out of it!

The screen is probably a downgrade (Love me some SuperAMOLED), but the experience will probably be an improvement. Stock android has been leaps and bounds better than any of the shells OEM's have been providing (I hate touchwiz personally). You'll love the front facing speakers a lot more than you would normally think, and Motorola's personal software tweaks are actually pretty damn awesome. The always listening mode in particular is just wonderful, as I imagine the double twist for camera and double chop for light will be (though I imagine you could set those up in tasker if you were so inclined).

snacknuts

we all knew her

I ordered one to replace my Galaxy S6. I had a 2014 Moto X before this that I only got rid of because the camera was not very good. Software wise, stock Android with Moto's touches crap on TouchWiz from a great height (even though TW is much improved recently).

contemplated the same but I can't go to a lesser camera. Hoping the new Nexus 5 will save the year

contemplated the same but I can't go to a lesser camera. Hoping the new Nexus 5 will save the year

I personally gave up on thinking the Nexus line will ever focus on the camera. Mind you I'd love to be proven wrong, but so far it's always been a relative weak point.

Oh and in a couple comparisons I've seen, the camera (to me anyway) appears to be a bit better than that of the Note 4. The lack of Optical Image stabilization should be noted, but the picture quality is quite good. This one in particular seems pretty decent (though it showcases the GalaxyS6 instead of the Note line, what that translates to I'm not honestly sure).

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/the-moto-xs-camera-is-truly-stunning-but-still-afraid-1728240964

Seems like low light shots is it's most troubled area, but to be honest, low light shots from every cameraphone I've ever seen are crap. So take that for what it's worth.

Anybody else never get an "we're assembling it" email?
The order tracker says its being built but Ive learned to never trust that trash.

Multiple reps telling me different things. One says its not finished, one says the order is fucking processing, one says its waiting to be shipped. Customer service for this company is trash. I considered getting the moto care but FUCK all that, after I get my phone I never want to deal with them again. Customizing isnt worth this. (but 64Gb was...)

Im considering cancelling at this point and getting a n6....fucking moto

I'm intrigued by this, but am really happy with my G3 right now. You know how it goes though, gotta have the new hotness. Are there any reviews or comparisons to the G3 out there? Mainly I just want to know how the camera and overall size compares. 5.7 seems a bit too big, but then I thought 5.5 on the G3 would be huge but it turned out to be all right.

SMattera

The order tracker says its being built but Ive learned to never trust that trash.

Multiple reps telling me different things. One says its not finished, one says the order is fucking processing, one says its waiting to be shipped. Customer service for this company is trash. I considered getting the moto care but FUCK all that, after I get my phone I never want to deal with them again. Customizing isnt worth this. (but 64Gb was...)

Dude, just wait.

RIP.

Got mine today. I'm not impressed. I'm coming from a One Plus One and the colors on the screen were better on that one. This screen has a yellow tint plus running some benchmarks like Antutu on it shows that it actually scores worse than my OnePlus One.

My phone is getting crazy hot just doing the most basic of things like browsing the web or taking calls. It feels like it's burning my hands while using it. I'm returning it.

KillerAJD

Ugh, sounds like there's issues getting the phone activated on Sprint and possibly even Verizon. I've got the phone coming Monday, hopefully it's all worked out by then with Sprint, otherwise I'm going to be extremely bummed.

FZZ

Banned
Phones have just shipped and the expected delivery from Fed-Ex is the 15th

But Moto's site changed their dates gave me 16th & 17th. Hopefully Fed-Ex is correct.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Phones have just shipped and the expected delivery from Fed-Ex is the 15th

But Moto's site changed their dates gave me 16th & 17th. Hopefully Fed-Ex is correct.
Yeesh, I'm migrating mine since I got it from Amazon. Pretty nifty process now they have for this stuff.

Agreed on the screen not being as nice, I think I like the colors on my Nexus 5 better. Don't expect a lot of impressions from me but ask if you wanna know something. I'll poke at it more over the weekend.
It is pretty warm already after a few minutes of migrating over WiFi.

linkboy

I'm returning it to Amazon. Now I got a nano sim and they disabled my micro sim so I can't go back to my OPO without going back to T-Mobile and getting another micro sim right?

I honestly don't know, I'm currently not in the states (Korea).

I hope you get it figured out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom