• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyahon

Sorry guys. Must be the hammered servers dishing out corrupted updates, but the phone should always verify the update.

One of the reasons I prefer to always install the GM as soon as possible is avoid the public release shitshow. Glad I did. Installed OTA in 2 phones with no issues.

Yeah same but my iPad Pro 12.9 could never update to the GM. It was stuck on update requested since the GM was released. I looked around and it seems other iPad Pro users were having the same problem too specifically the 12.9 version. Even now it's still stuck so I decided to update it using iTunes instead.

ZeroX03

Banned
Took a bunch of reboots and clearing my Lockdown folder, but finally got iTunes to recognize my phone and try for an update.

cchum

didn't work for me it spit back you have to do a restore, took two tries now i'm setting my phone up like its brand new....yah!!!!

Same...
Taking forever to do a restore or "download software"...not sure what to do, as there is absolutely no indicator bar.

-griffy-

Banned
How come in the app store, on the updates page, I can click "What's New" to open up the update notes, but I STILL CAN'T minimize those notes? Have I been missing something obvious all this time or is this still not a thing that can be done?

Fliesen

i'm still amazed at how the latest AppleTV, even 10 months after release, doesn't support Siri in Austria.

We.Speak.German. ok?

DagsJT

Same here with it showing the iTunes logo on my 6S after the update.

Connected to iTunes, it says it needs to "update" to 9.3.5 but couldn't connect to the server. Great.

Downloaded the latest iTunes which was released today and that's currently downloading iOS 10 so we'll see what happens.

The download status indicator is at the top right, next to the Search bar.

Pineapple

iPhone 6s user here. I guess I got lucky - I only just started hearing about people needing to roll back to iOS 9 after I had already started installing iOS 10...but it installed without any issues, fortunately.

Xando

Downloading a new iOS OTA on release day is never a good idea people. Just update via itunes and save some trouble

i'm still amazed at how the latest AppleTV, even 10 months after release, doesn't support Siri in Austria.

We.Speak.German. ok?

Just set your country to germany and it works.

Luke_Wal

Came across this thread as I don't pay attention in class and have already started updating my 6 Plus on my desk. Here's to hoping it it doesn't all blow up!

Roo

Haven't updated it yet but I have a quick question.. Is this the update that will allow us to delete any of the default Apple apps?

Say.. Podcasts, iBooks, Stocks, Watch, Compass, etc, etc

Ambitious

imaget6rjh.jpeg

Dear UI designer who decided the Music app should display a gigantic confirmation alert covering almost the entire content area every single time I add something to the Up Next queue: What the fuck is wrong with you?

...maybe I should've checked this thread before updating.

It's asking me to plug my phone into iTunes but my Mac is in the shop for repair.. what can I do?

empyrean

My phone is erroring when trying to restore now...iTunes said an error has occurred but my phone is still white with the black apple logo and a progress bar showing (about 1/1000 filled)....help?

KingKong

I liked the old Music app better and I have no idea why people complained so much about it. They must made everything bigger and hidden in menus and got rid of using album art colors

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
...maybe I should've checked this thread before updating.

It's asking me to plug my phone into iTunes but my Mac is in the shop for repair.. what can I do?

Find a computer with iTunes that you can log into.
Otherwise maybe an Apple store?

Rootbeer

Banned
So nobody with a 6/6+ having issues?

I updated to the 10.0.1 GM using an OTA update a few days ago... update went fine.

Sorry for everyone having problems. it would really suck, especially if you were at work or school right now and thought you could do a stealthy OS update away from home.

Ouroboros

iphone 6s...OTA....bricked.

Updating itunes now and going to attempt to upgrade so I don't lose my data. If not full restore for me.....ugh

ZeroX03

Banned
Feels like some transitions have been slowed down. Like swiping back in Safari. Don't like it. Nice that you can zoom on seemingly any website now at least.

And pulling down notification menu is slower unless you drag the full finger. Why?

Luke_Wal

My 6 Plus downloaded the update correctly, but now it's on the screen with the Apple and the progress bar, and it appears to have been at 99% for 5-10 minutes. Anybody else had this experience? Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom