• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

pxleyes

Banned
-Bluetooth is easier to turn off. Setting is now right under wifi in settings.
-Privaxy has more prominence. It is a separate menu under settings, but I haven't figured it all out yet.
-Do Not Disturb shows up as a crescent moon to the left of the time.
-The current date is now preset in te calendar notification header.
-yes, you can move the social buttons.

The Fandango "Pass Book" card is gorgeous - wonderful typography and readability. Shared Photo Streams also struck me as very "Metro"-like.

Hoping that minimalist design sensibility spreads to the rest of iOS.

pxleyes

Banned
So inconsistent with UIs, even down to the scroll scrobbler. On the phone app, it now skips every other letter. Why?!

Nesotenso

Just curiosity, but I was wondering if someone could answer a question ? How does the Maps app gather data anonymously from other users to update traffic info ?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Just curiosity, but I was wondering if someone could answer a question ? How does the Maps app gather data anonymously from other users to update traffic info ?

It looks at people's phone locations and tracks them to extrapolate traffic info.

Appleman

Not sure if it's a bug or feature, but when I'm in the Messages app reading a conversation, and a new message comes in from someone else, a banner comes down instead of just vibrating...

bananas

Banned
Not sure if it's a bug or feature, but when I'm in the Messages app reading a conversation, and a new message comes in from someone else, a banner comes down instead of just vibrating...

If your not viewing the conversation, it should come down as a notification, so it sounds normal.

SuperPac

If you use Downcast for your podcasts, it's not compatible with iOS 6 beta 1. Time to go back to Instacast temporarily. :\

jey_16

Banned
I get why the OG iPad didn't get the upgrade, that thing was a dog and it aged much faster then the 3gs for some reason.

I was going to wait for next years iPad but I couldn't hold out

noah111

Still Alive
Can someone please tell me if the shutdown spinner is Retina-ified?
Haha, oh gawd. This killed me when I JB for the first time and experienced the process of restringing and had to look at that ugly thing all the time. Then I realized it wasn't just a JB thing.

It appears to be to me.

Yeah it is! How was this not one of the tentpole features?!

0203_064x.gif

Top Bottom