• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

pxleyes

Banned
Was there always a second left swipe on the multitasking bar on the iPhone? Just found it. It has a volume slider and an airplay icon.

bananas

Banned
I'm serious, I don't get it. Is it referencing something?

OEfmC.jpg

KtSlime

So I can tell that some of you are nearly as obsessive over small details as I am (in some cases more so). How do you all feel about the fact the Settings app is called Settings on iOS and Preferences on OS X? Does it bother you more, or less than the pre-Mountain Lion Contacts/Address Book fiasco?

Tobor

So I can tell that some of you are nearly as obsessive over small details as I am (in some cases more so). How do you all feel about the fact the Settings app is called Settings on iOS and Preferences on OS X? Does it bother you more, or less than the pre-Mountain Lion Contacts/Address Book fiasco?

I thought Mountain Lion is changing it to Settings?

KtSlime

I thought Mountain Lion is changing it to Settings?

Not in DP3, haven't updated to today's release though. It's called "System Preferences"

I always liked the term Preferences better than Settings. Settings feels like something I have to go into to configure my computer. Preferences however feels more like options I can tweak to my liking. Settings however is probably a better term for the app though.

rozay

Banned
I'm sure the graphics stuff is all a WIP, as far as why some interface parts have been chromed/silvered and others aren't.

I'm not really liking the look of somethings like the music app, though. Hope the list view doesn't stay as if the colors were all drained from it

SeanR1221

I'm excited for single app mode. As a behavioral therapist, I use my iPad at work every day with kids who have autism.

How do you get "out" of single app mode though?

Shearie

A question to anyone in the beta; when "Do Not Disturb" is on and you get a call, will the call not interrupt what you're doing anymore or does it just silence the ring? I'll be very disappointed if it's just the latter.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Really like what I see, great features and fixes to minor quirks all around.

What I don't like is the new Maps.
Apple has a lot of catching up to do, it looks so barren.
The one way street info was always crucial to me when I'm downtown.

georgc

If I decide to upgrade to iOS six will there be anyway for me to downgrade back to 5.1.1 if I decide I do not want to keep iOS six?

celebi23

Anyone get Facebook contacts/Calendar syncing working? I've accepted Facebook's request for my Contacts & Calendar but, nothing happened. I thought Facebook was supposed to add a photo for the contacts on my iPod without one.

edit: Damn, I didn't allow Contacts & Calendar to use my Facebook account. That should do it :p

edit 2: WOAH. I just got all of my Facebook contacts onto my iPod :D

edit 3: WOAH. All of my Facebook events & Birthday reminders are on my iPod. Damn, who needs a Facebook phone when you've got iOS 6 :D

celebi23

Passbook doesn't seem to do anything. Anybody try it out?
I think you need to either buy something or the app is waiting for other apps to hook into it. Kinda like how Newstand was empty during the iOS 5 betas. I'm really loving the deep Facebook integration. My dad is going to go nuts when I show this to him :D He's a huge Facebook fan on his iPad & iPhone 4.

RSP

Hmm, I would have thought to be able to add a couple of loyalty cards manually. Perhaps they need to be linked somehow to my Apple ID for them to show up?

Top Bottom